Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2019 4:53 AM

May 2015
What even was that? Oh, I can't believe it. This end suppressed my expectations! I thought it would be bad, but it was really awful.

I'll give it 1 point for all the good days, another one for Yukihira as a character who stayed true to himself till the very end. Can't think of anything else, so it's 2/10.
Jun 14, 2019 4:55 AM
Nov 2015
What a let down. Even though this has been bad for a quite a few dozens of chapters, it's always frustrating to see an unfinished manga to end. Jump always do this. Uses an author for years and then, in the end, don't even let him finish his story properly.
Jun 14, 2019 5:44 AM
Feb 2016
WTF was this?!? Such a bs ending to a once good manga

And the fact this even got a 4th season is mindblowing. IF they even plan on adapting the full series end, I'm honest to god praying they go original at this point cuz I've seen fans from the West and Japan want this
Jun 14, 2019 5:45 AM
Feb 2016
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
AbrarFyioz said:
Well looking forward to the 3 chapter sequal ~Le Dessert~. I wonder if they will show a timeskip in the epilogue or smthng.
3rd chapter will be the time skip.

when are those coming out?
Jun 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
So did this series just surpass Nisekoi and Bleach for worst ending ever of all time in a manga? Because HOLY SHIT this was beyond fucking terrible. I'm still sitting yelling "what the fuck was that?"

This author can fuck himself into a brick wall. And fuck the fourth season tbh. Yes I totally want to see this trash animated. GTFO.

8/10 series plummeted to a 6/10 and now it's a fucking 3.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 14, 2019 5:57 AM

Sep 2011
At least the girls were hot, thats about the only thing not ruined by the series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 14, 2019 6:27 AM

Feb 2015
Garbage. 2/10. Way to ruin a good manga. Thought, it hasn't been good for a while.
Jun 14, 2019 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
Very good manga but what a dissapointed ending, i was expecting not her to say it's delicious but still disgusting, it's like the furikake still traumatised her since chapter 1-2 lol.
Jun 14, 2019 7:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Abominable Last 2 arcs killed this manga. It's a real shame. It was such a blast back in the day.

I hope the epilogue is at least average.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2017
Oh cmon why? I dont like ending like this. I want see souma married erina and the next other people journey. Its too damn fast ending.

Jun 14, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2016
Expected more but good read

Jun 14, 2019 7:42 AM
Jun 2017
After reading this, I feel like I've been robbed of something. I don't care, I'm just not satisfied with it
Jun 14, 2019 7:51 AM

Jan 2016
I actually want to lie down and cry, how could they destroy such a good manga? This makes Bleachs ending feel like Code Geass ending.

All I want from the last 3 chapters now is full on hentai or just fluff.

I should give this manga a 2/10 but I'll give it a 5/10 because it used to be amazing
Jun 14, 2019 7:56 AM
Jun 2017
Idc this series was one of the best, Sucks it ended & that last arc was shit but idc im still a stan & screw all you shippers & a BIG FUCK YOU TO ERINAxSOMA SHIPPERS 😬
Jun 14, 2019 8:17 AM

Aug 2018
Well, it was predictable to Erina rejecting Souma's dish. But I did not think that they would leave a final TOO open just to make sure to sell something from the epilogue chapters.

I guess I still like the characters because I can not put less than 7/10, but this final arc killed everything I liked about this story: characters and shokugekis.
Jun 14, 2019 8:26 AM
Mar 2015
So Souma is cooking so that he will produce something she will say is delicious and she cooks to produce something her mother will like Only 3 more chapters
Jun 14, 2019 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
what the heck
my disappointment is immasureable

GIVE SOUMA X ERINA ENDING
Jun 14, 2019 8:40 AM
Dec 2016
What an utter piece of dumb disappointment. The character development for our two mains went full circle, and now we're back at the beginning! Amazing! It's as if NOTHING EVER HAPPENED, EVER!!

Fuck this ending. Fuck this whole last arc, and mildly fuck the Azami arc.

Just ugh...
Jun 14, 2019 9:28 AM

Sep 2014
Well that was pretty lame, but the real closure should be in the extra chapters I guess.
There's still hope for Erina bang
Jun 14, 2019 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
I think the most impressive thing about this mangaka is how once his story hit a certain point *cough* the Central Arc *cough* he literally demonstrated with perfection how to send a story on a consistent downward spiral. I'm just amazed at how lackluster this ending was. I know there's still going to be a little more but wow....this was beyond bad.

I'm still not even sure what score to give this. I want to say 3/10 but I feel like that might be immediate post-chapter hate lol, and maybe I'll wanna give it a 4 once I cool down later. Either way, it's amazing that a manga that showcased so much delicious food left such a bad taste in all of our mouths.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 14, 2019 10:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First two thirds were like an 8/10. Last third's a 4/10. More specifically, this final arc was a 2/10, while Central's more like a 5-6/10. I guess it's overall a 6/10. Idk, it feels weird to think about this series. When I look back at the last several chapters, I think a 6 is too generous. But when I think about early SnS, it's saddening to give it something like a 6. First 150-200 chapters will always be very memorable, and one of WSJ's best. But damn, nothing about this final arc worked well, minus a couple of flashback chapters.
Jun 14, 2019 11:18 AM
Sep 2017
So is chap 315 the actual ending or is there going to be an epilogue of some sort? OORR are they going to take a "To-Love Ru" Route and create a whole other set of mangas dedicating it to another arce? I mean we still have to deal with Soma actually surpassing his dad, graduation from school, seeing Erina's mom acknowledge her (Since they built that up so much), and having to witness the final resolution of soma returning back to his family dinner... the cliff hanger just seems too big to actually be the ending...
Jun 14, 2019 11:40 AM
Apr 2014
Should've ended with Central arc, the final arc was a complete shitshow rushed mess as it is tradition among WSJ manga for the most part, that weekly grind takes it's toll on the mangaka and they just want out.
5/10 for the good times before that last arc.
Jun 14, 2019 11:51 AM
Apr 2018
I'm late today because I already knew about the spoilers and didn't have the will to read it but now that I've done it I have to say that.............hahahahahahah back to the status quo, fck great Tsukuda, bravo.

Yeah i know that there are other 3 chapters but that will be an epilogue,something that is effective if the story is well constructed and the characters are present and active in the plot, but all these has been thrown into the trash 100 chapters ago (maybe even less).

This arc did so much damage to EVERY character that nobody came out from it well, take for example souma the "1 seat", well he doesnt need character grown because he has the "dinner wisdom" and nothing more.
Where is the Souma who defended Megumi at the beginning, who was angry with shinomiya where did that person go?

Erina went from a good female character to a victim to good female character and again to a NTR bait/ my mother doesnt accept me so I will leave this (personal)problem to other people.
It pains me to say this but erina is one of the biggest mary sue i had the displesure to see after this arc.....oh god what a shitty end.

The story between Joe and his wife was something that should have been put into the main story. Having it as one of the epilogue chapters seems to me pretty useless at this point but at least they did make the effort to put it for the fans who were expecting it.
I also want to say that if people are expecting some kind of closure between erina and souma i will say that after this chapter they must try to keep expectations low.
I am more than sure that the writer will only mentions the possibility of such things, a bit like the end of nurariyo no mago's manga.
I will read the extra chapters but only for shinomiya and hayato (who had a really shitty treatment as a character)

G_Spark233 said:
Hopefully these three epilogue chapters can somewhat salvage this series.

Salvage is a big word you know.
To heal this series serves much more than 3 chapters of 40 pages, not to mention the now lost confidence and involvement of the reader.
Blaze35Jun 14, 2019 12:17 PM
Jun 14, 2019 1:48 PM
Jun 2019
Um honestly im disapointed in the author right now because he could have kept writing the manga and the anime could have stayed longer because that was my favorite anime of all time and ending it with erina beating souma im just not taking that ending and if i was the author i would have kept going but ending it with a shitty ending that disapoints meand if the author is reading this comment right now you need to fix the ending or keep going on making the manga's but if i were you i would personally keep going with the manga until i dont have anymore ideas to think of or no ones reading the manga's and watching the manga's anymore and if you dont change those things then then its okay im used to dissapointment anyways and the three chapters that will probbobly come out will be as shit as this last fucking chapter CAUSE APPARENTLY YOU'VE LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND ENDING IT WITH THAT TSUKADA AND YOU BETTER NOT FUCK UP THOSE LAST THREE PAGES SO WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE LAST THREE PAGES TADOROKO KISSES SOUMA WHAT I WRONG WITH YOU YOUR NOT AKAME GA KILL'S AUTHOT AND YOU PROBBOBLY ALREADY KNOW WHO SOUMA LIKES AND IF YOU DONT KNOW ITS ERINA! so please dont end the manga keep making it so i can read the manga and wath the anime and like i said im used to dissapointment your proboblly tge most dissapointing human right now yabd you will be the worst author if you fuck the last three pages😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 14, 2019 1:50 PM

May 2007
What a crappy ending !

Jun 14, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2017
Well.. that ending was quite underwhelming imo, I guess I can now wait for those extra chapters to be released.
Jun 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
That was quite abrupt. It was like it was there and then not. Similar to a lot of people, this final arc really lost my interest. Hoping we can get more of a real ending from those extra chapters, but eh, I don't care that much either way.

Fun ride overall, especially when I quickly recount the beginning to mid of the series. All the absurd foodgasms and references made me laugh a ton! But yeah, started losing more and more interest once we got to the later arcs and that last arc truly left a bad taste in my mouth... ironically, lol.
Jun 14, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
Shokugeki was the first airing shounen that hooked me in back when I started with anime in 2015, it's such a hardhitting feeling to see it reaching its end even if that had to happen sooner or later.

Honestly I'm glad to say that I can't relate to the hate the series eventually got over time, excluding the start of this final arc, which honestly was pretty terrible IMO, everything has been consistently amazing to me. I will agree that early Shokugeki was it's best moment, but even now I still had an absolute blast and I'm quite satisfied with its conclusion.

9/10 from my part, thanks a lot for the years of fun and more fun that this work gave me, foodgasms FTW!
Jun 14, 2019 3:08 PM
Feb 2016
Frosty- said:
Greatest ending ever of my favorite series, bit rushed but can overlook it because of quality in last two arcs. What a journey this has been. Asahi is such a tragic villain, too bad that he lost to plot armour of Souma. Azami backstory was great too.

Last arc of shokugeki is my favorite arc ever along with Tokyo Ghoul re last arc.

At the level of Prison school ending
Jun 14, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
The final 3 chapters were just as good as those before the whole Blue BS. I can see the author already had planned the ending of the series so he decided to rush the arc and give it a peculiar spin (the weapon-related cooking skills) so that the manga wouldn't be cancelled before reaching this sweet finale. Given that I think I can forgive him for how horrible and illogical the Blue arc was.

From the start of the manga until the end of the Azami arc I had given this manga a 10. From the start of Blue my scored kept falling and reached 2 where it stayed until today (I binged the last 4 chapters just now). Given the proper ending and how much I used to enjoy the series before the stupid super powers, fake loss of Joichiro to his fake son, gimmicky new characters, total erasure of Souma's character progress, the turning of the stripping phenomena into an actual special ability and.... ooops, trailed off with the plot holes. Anyway, given how good the manga used to be and how the ending made sense and was actually delivered epicly I'm setting my final score to 8.

"It wasn't much" ~Souma talking about Shokugeki no Souma (just had to make that joke)

Jun 14, 2019 4:08 PM

May 2017
totally disappointed with that ending 😓
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Jun 14, 2019 4:12 PM

Apr 2015
And this arc is over. And so is the end of the Shonen Jump serialization but that gives 2 chapters for an epilogue. And hopefully a bonus one about Shinomiya and Hinako
And the last dumb thing Blue brought was a tower stripping. but that was funny
I rate the Blue Arc a 2/10. There was good moments at the begging with the death row and the 100$ dish but after when they introduce the abilities and rush dragged the arc down.
On another good note, Erina is back at the level of the character developpement she had before her regression. It underwhelms the ending that the one who grow most in this arc only did so because the growth of the previous arc was ignored

artanblacknightJun 14, 2019 4:16 PM
Jun 14, 2019 6:40 PM

Jul 2014
Okay my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined..
This last chapter is so underwhelming..
The fuck author thinking when making this last chapter, it feels being rushed so bad and no development whatsoever..
Crocospect22Jun 14, 2019 6:44 PM
Jun 14, 2019 8:12 PM

Mar 2015
Sad to see it end this way. Oh well, I'll look forward to final three chapters.
Jun 15, 2019 2:01 AM
Jun 2019
Wew the final chapter was super let down. This comic kinda start from 9 / 10 and end up with my final score 2 / 10. Most disastrous manga i ever read -_-
Jun 15, 2019 4:13 AM
Aug 2018
What in the actual flying fuck ? So what happened to Souma's mom ? Anyone care to enlighten me ? Man they focused too much in this getting swallowed up by the storm bullshit.
Jun 15, 2019 4:50 AM
Aug 2018
Was the author given 2 weeks till he die or what? Such a great manga ending like this at least finish with the shokugeki between Yukihura and Erin's... That would have made the manga ending 3 times better
jealouswizard253Jun 15, 2019 5:25 AM
Jun 15, 2019 5:49 AM
Feb 2016
I could have swear a doujinshi artist could make a better ending than that. Wtf was that.
Jun 15, 2019 7:49 AM
Oct 2017
I'm really disappointing with the ending. it was so much potential, but they end it in a rush. I hope the 3 extra chapters will fix this shitty ending.
Jun 15, 2019 10:20 AM
Oct 2018
Haha..... Dissapointed in the ending, too rushed. If those epilogue chapters actually show them together, then fine, forgiven lightly. :/
Jun 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Sep 2017
WaterCooler said:
What an obviously rushed ending. I doubt the epilogue will make it any better.

My thoughts exactly. It's like the cherry on top, but if the cake was rotting in the last 2 layers (arcs/storylines) and the cherry was actually pigeon poo.
Jun 15, 2019 12:22 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly it should have ended long ago. It really started to get repetitive and lost it's touch.
Jun 15, 2019 1:51 PM
Nov 2018
This arc was very disappointed. Like I thought they would add more struggle and hardships for Soma when he went against Asahi especially in thr final fight but they just used the same logic and plot armor he has done throughout this entire series. Very underwhelming and just no suspense at all. I also hate this wasn't a proper conclusion and I don't know why the manga ended like that. It was worse than bleach's ending
Jun 15, 2019 1:57 PM
Nov 2018
Plecsius said:
Honestly it should have ended long ago. It really started to get repetitive and lost it's touch.

Facts. It's sad because it was good up until the last arc
Jun 15, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was quite lame, but at least

There are 3 more epilogue chapters to wait for before it finally ends.
Jun 15, 2019 2:06 PM
Nov 2018
LunyRem said:
Really?! That's how they end it? Horribly weak ending to what was once an awesome series years ago. :/ All the other cool side characters have been completely forgotten and scrapped. smh

This chapter is a complete disappointment. At this point, I don't care anymore about those 3 extra chapters to be published on GIGA. Whatever.

I agree. It also makes no sense that Other side characters like Alice, Ryou, etc. Didn't get invited to the final arc competition
Jun 15, 2019 6:20 PM

Dec 2014
I am sad it ended this way... It was really rushed, did it got axed? This reminds me of Beelzebub which did awesomely but was ruined by a single uninspired arc. I don't know what was the author thinking when he comes up with the last arc... Sure it got on a quite ridiculous route with the Azami arc, pushing the gags to a whole different level. But at least the Azami arc was good and was saved by interesting characters and narrative. I would have been better if they kept things between students and their competitions thou... Anyway, this crap with the underworld cooks and their abilities was simply ridiculous. They should have taken a break after the end of Azami arc and think well about what they should do next. He should have gone on something a little more classic instead, like a competition between schools. At the beginning of the series, if I remember right, it was said that Totsuki was one of the most prestigious cooking school in Japan. I waited since the beginning of the series to see the other schools. It could have been much more interesting that way. Lot's of things could have been done instead with it. And this new guy, whatever his name may be, could have been introduced in a way more realist way as the ace of another school. They could have kept it up another 200 hundred chapters with such an arc, and finish the manga in glory instead of disgrace. Or they could have even ended it, and come up with a sequel post graduation... a kind of Shokugeki no Souma Shippuden. Something like Azami arc, for example, was far more suited for a post-graduation sequel.
To bad... This had been one of, if not my favorite manga since 2013-2014. And for all the years that followed, I never missed a chapter the day it was launched... I remember that in the first half, each chapter was ended in a cliffhanger, which was unique to this manga... the waiting was torture. Yet, in the past year, I lost my drive to follow it weekly... To bad... I won't shit on it for an arc, like others did, ignoring so much good material that exists in it. It will remain an exceptional manga for me, but it could have been a masterpiece.
Jun 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
Yep, by far the worst long-running Jump manga ever.

1/10.

It's even worse than Bleach.
None of the lose-end is addressed, and all the new characters are meaningless for them to exist.
Jun 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
Adome said:
misterkafuuchino said:
This went full Bleach huh. Good start. Awesome middle part. Trash ending. That is so sad.

Bleach's middle part was shit though.

Food War middle part is absolutely dog shit too.
(Do you know how long Erina's father arc is? it's around half of the whole manga)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arjuna777 - Aug 17, 2019

94 by Remocracy »»
Aug 4, 2022 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.