Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This kinda feels like a brand new adventure lol. Raphtalia in a swimsuit :o

Firo managed to get some pretty big fish. We also got L'Arc Berg and Therese showing up. I think Firo perhaps had a bit too much fun this episode though. Raphtalia arm wrestling while being drunk is kinda amusing.

On a more serious note, we got to see some of Therese's powers.
Jun 12, 2019 6:22 AM

Aug 2017
Raphtalia in a swimsuit is the best part of the episode xD.

New characters! L'Arc is too friendly lol while Therese is quiet. It seems they don't like the Shield Hero but they don't know that Naofumi is the real Shield Hero xd.

Good episode. Next pls.
NurguburuJun 13, 2019 8:48 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 12, 2019 6:54 AM

Nov 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Firo managed to get some pretty big fish. We also got L'Arc Berg and Therese showing up. I think Firo perhaps had a bit too much fun this episode though. Raphtalia arm wrestling while being drunk is kinda amusing.

I have a simple question:

It's L'Arc Berg and Therese a friendly or a foe?? What do you think??
Jun 12, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Raphtalia looked great in that swimsuit. Perfect.

So the island will be hit with the wave since there was an hourglass there.

Jun 12, 2019 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
Cool that they added the fact that Therese was speaking another language

I really don’t like how much the anime changes naofumi’s personality, he’s like a completely different character

Overall though episode was actually a pretty good adaption, no complaints. Solid 7/10 . Even added the berries that get you drunk. Arm wrestling Raphtalia has a lot of meme potential, I’m investing. I just wish they would’ve used this same pacing/faithful adaptions for the past 4-5 episodes. A beach episode with plot advancement too? Count me in. they might just barely finish cal mira now

If you aren't reading the LN's, I really recommend it, you are missing a lot
Jun 12, 2019 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Raphtalia and Filo in swimsuit! I wonder how they will end it.
Jun 12, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2018
lol the 3 seasick heroes
Jun 12, 2019 8:46 AM

Jun 2014
Another great episode and it have swimsuit Filo/Raphtalia. Just the right amount of fan service for a beach episode. I love the designs of the kigurumis.
Jun 12, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2019
A breather episode showing Shield Hero doesn't need to be dark and broody all day. Naofomi on his way to become a social being and trust strangers again. For sure a lot of comic relief and trope parody as well, including the asian blush, sea-sick cartoon heros, vanilla SAO-isekai action and dialogs, and of course the mini beach episode. Now the next wave and season final can hit our smiling faces in all it's brute force and glory.

Jun 12, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
Why the hell is Myne still there? I am so confused.

This episode is at least more entertaining and has better pacing than most of the episodes that we had seen so far.

On top of that, we finally got a good cliffhanger

Decent episode. Plus drunk Raphtalia
Jun 12, 2019 8:58 AM

Dec 2016
It seems L'Ark and Therese aren't aware of the truth about the Shield Hero. Who will tell them about it afterwards?

Naofumi can't help to feel sour when he sees Slut and Motoyasu XD The fight between the Heroes besides Naofumi is ruidiculous it's funny. They look like children fighting about something they want...

Raphtalia's swimsuit is so gorgeous and Filo's a cutie! ... What's with the dive-suits? Is it Christmas there? XD Come on, It's a crime to cover Raphtalia and Naofumi's Swim suits!

Great episode! Can't wait to watch the next episode, but I have to wait till next week XP I forgot to mention Raphtalia got drunk for the first time XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 12, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2016
Very nice episode. Some chill moments and more interesting things.
Those two are very suspicious also... Next wave will be insane
Jun 12, 2019 9:04 AM
Jan 2014
PersiaJuliet23 said:
Stark700 said:

I have a simple question:

It's L'Arc Berg and Therese a friendly or a foe?? What do you think??

Jun 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Jul 2011
Short beach moment, with some cute swimsuits seen :3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 12, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Seriously what was the point of Melty's punishment? Like apart from maybe 2 minutes of embarrassment, at the end she keeps her life and still gets to stick by her party like nothing happened, geez lmao that's probably the most anticlimactic conclusion to that whole saga

Liked the island, looked visually appealing. Also liked how they accounted for the speech differences, but if Naofumi's shield translates sound coming in, does it also translate sound coming out (or can Therese understand the default language)?

Funny for how dark the show initially was, still manages to fit an onsen and beach episode, naisu~
Jun 12, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2011
Just gonna leave this here

I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 12, 2019 9:46 AM

Apr 2019
Short_Circut said:
Seriously what was the point of Melty's punishment? Like apart from maybe 2 minutes of embarrassment, at the end she keeps her life and still gets to stick by her party like nothing happened, geez lmao that's probably the most anticlimactic conclusion to that whole saga

Liked the island, looked visually appealing. Also liked how they accounted for the speech differences, but if Naofumi's shield translates sound coming in, does it also translate sound coming out (or can Therese understand the default language)?

Funny for how dark the show initially was, still manages to fit an onsen and beach episode, naisu~

I agree about Malty's punishment...just think about last week's episode...she was there trying to ruin their lives again by poison the food, so "narratively" speaking there was no break for her...So it kinda looks pointless.
Jun 12, 2019 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
Why is Naofumi still acting like an angsty prick? Jesus they're just milking the emo shit for all they can these last few episodes. Anything to disguise the fact that Naofumi is just another self-insert generic piece of shit.

The first interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. "The shield hero is a devil, but you're clearly nothing like that!"

The second interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. Naofumi is the only one who doesn't get seasick. What a badass! And not only that, but the other heroes get the comeuppance for hogging the private cabins. Justice is served!

The third interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. He's really skilled a jewel crafting! And just like that he's won over another female cast member. Nice, dude!!! Grow that harem.

Oh the curse from when Naofumi had his Emo Period is still affecting him. Well, making him a bit tired at least. Good to know that there are real stakes and dangers to the main characters in this show! Oh it got cured by magic? Uh...

Turns out Naofumi can eat the fantasy-grapes that wine is made from whole! Wow!!! Definitely not more validation of the MC so that the audience can self-insert as him and feel superior to the other limp-dick heroes.

Jun 12, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2014
This is a very nice episode, more relax and interesting

Rahptalia in a swimsuit is obviously the best part of this entire episode
Jun 12, 2019 9:51 AM
Feb 2009
short beach episode Rahptalia looking fine in that swimsuit too bad that's not what Naofumi sees though lol
Jun 12, 2019 9:59 AM
Feb 2011
SSL443 said:
Why is Naofumi still acting like an angsty prick? Jesus they're just milking the emo shit for all they can these last few episodes. Anything to disguise the fact that Naofumi is just another self-insert generic piece of shit.

The first interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. "The shield hero is a devil, but you're clearly nothing like that!"

The second interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. Naofumi is the only one who doesn't get seasick. What a badass! And not only that, but the other heroes get the comeuppance for hogging the private cabins. Justice is served!

The third interaction of the episode is more validation of the MC. He's really skilled a jewel crafting! And just like that he's won over another female cast member. Nice, dude!!! Grow that harem.

Oh the curse from when Naofumi had his Emo Period is still affecting him. Well, making him a bit tired at least. Good to know that there are real stakes and dangers to the main characters in this show! Oh it got cured by magic? Uh...

Turns out Naofumi can eat the fantasy-grapes that wine is made from whole! Wow!!! Definitely not more validation of the MC so that the audience can self-insert as him and feel superior to the other limp-dick heroes.

While you're not wrong I find it ironic that you lead into your diatribe by calling Neofumi an angsty prick.
Jun 12, 2019 10:04 AM

Sep 2018
That was the worst Shield Hero episodes yet. Genuinely felt bored. None of it added up & there's literally nothing of value besides the ending. Introducing two new characters & reminding us how pathetic the other three 'heroes' are.

And where have I seen those 'diving suits' before...

Seriously, what are they doing with these last three episodes? The first wave felt more important than this supposed final wave. There's no sense of climax at all. But of course, Raphtalia in a swimsuit prevents people from seeing why this episode sucked.
Honestly, it's fallen so far from the first 10 episodes which made me give Shield Hero a 10/10 initially (which is what made me care about Shield Hero a lot).
soulstyceJun 12, 2019 10:09 AM
Jun 12, 2019 10:41 AM
Apr 2016
introducing characters two episodes before the end...
Jun 12, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:
Welcome to the wicked and wonderful world of epic fantasy stories, where Ed Stark is beheaded one episode before the season's end without warning. I think only PG-13 saves Bitch and Trash in SH, GRRM had killed them with a smile. A fluctuating cast is a plus for me, not a minus. This is not drama where you drill into single personas, this is epic where you have a huge world.

Jun 12, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
PseudoMorals said:
While you're not wrong I find it ironic that you lead into your diatribe by calling Neofumi an angsty prick.

You're not wrong.

inim said:
Franck_Nicolas said:
Welcome to the wicked and wonderful world of epic fantasy stories, where Ed Stark is beheaded one episode before the season's end without warning. I think only PG-13 saves Bitch and Trash in SH, GRRM had killed them with a smile. A fluctuating cast is a plus for me, not a minus. This is not drama where you drill into single personas, this is epic where you have a huge world.

Except that SH clearly isn't "epic" fantasy. It focuses on one character and their immediate companions. You're just using your twisted genre definitions to excuse the shitty writing in this series.
Jun 12, 2019 10:57 AM
Dec 2015
Did I miss something or what the hell were those pinguin suits wearing a santa hat? o.O
Jun 12, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2019
SSL443 said:
inim said:
Welcome to the wicked and wonderful world of epic fantasy stories

Except that SH clearly isn't "epic" fantasy. It focuses on one character and their immediate companions.

Check out the definition of High (aka epic) Fantasy in Wikipedia. And please no "wikipedia is no quoteable source" debate. If you think so find your own source and quote it. It won't differ much. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fantasy

High fantasy or epic fantasy is a sub-genre of fantasy, defined either by the epic nature of its setting or by the epic stature of its characters, themes, or plot. (...) High fantasy is set in an alternative, fictional ("secondary") world, rather than the "real" or "primary" world. This secondary world is usually internally consistent, but its rules differ from those of the primary world. (...) Many high fantasy stories are told from the viewpoint of one main hero. (...) The hero often begins as a childlike figure, but matures rapidly, experiencing a considerable gain in fighting/problem-solving abilities along the way.The plot of the story often depicts the hero's fight against the evil forces as a bildungsroman.

I get a lot of ✓-marks for SH, and it's main couple with this definition ...

Jun 12, 2019 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
I found myself enjoying this episode, for the most part. I'm a sucker for slice of life shows, what can I say? That exchange with Therese speaking another language was interesting. Did Naofumi just not care about how she was instantly able to speak his language? L'Arc calling Naofumi the "Shield Kiddo" was amusing, as was the other three Cardinal Idiots being overwhelmingly seasick. I wish we could have gotten a better explanation as to what was going on with that tablet. Filo became Wolverine, which is something I didn't know I needed. The party scene was of MASTERPEECE quality. In particular, drunk Raphtalia is my new waifu and Motoyasu instantly passing out from consuming an entire barrel's worth of alcohol were the highlights. Sad to see Naofumi get rejected. Wonder what L'Arc's reasoning there was. Naofumi's "Perfect" response to Raphtalia was hilarious, and I was laughing really hard at those penguin suits. Those waves really would have just appeared out of nowhere if nobody found that hourglass, huh?

Spookyazzhero said:
Did I miss something or what the hell were those pinguin suits wearing a santa hat? o.O
Those was the weird drops L'Arc and Naofumi were going wtf at.
Jun 12, 2019 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
After last episode which was a disappointing one for me, this one is completely different in a positive way. It sums up everything I enjoy in "Shield Hero", I mean true adventure, beautiful landscapes, nice interactions. Maybe there is still a chance for this show to end up (at least this season) as something more complex than "your regular isekai harem story"? I hope so.

L'Arc and Therese are cool. It would be great if they joined Naofumi's party and travelled together with him. They are both good as characters and warriors. With that, Naofumi's party's battle potential could rise even higher.

About L'Arc, him not knowing that all those words vilifying Shield Hero were nothing more like false propaganda was both surprising and positive story-wise. Surprising, because he didn't know the truth. Good story-wise, because we know how strong was King's propaganda fired towards Shield Hero and thinking that even in a fantasy world filled with magic it would be reversed so easily is naive. I guess the most effect as for now was left in the capital of Melromarc and its surroundings. Rest of lands is yet to be informed about Naofumi's innocence.

Speaking of parties, I'm wondering where are Sword Hero and Bow Hero's parties' members? We only saw Spear Hero's two comrades.

Another mystery appeared, this time underwater. I think what is to come sill be entertaining to watch.
Jun 12, 2019 11:18 AM

Oct 2017
Filo and Raphtalia look so cute in their swimsuit. I wonder if the two new characters r gd or bad. If they r gd and join Naofumis party that would be great.
Jun 12, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2016
inim said:
Check out the definition of High (aka epic) Fantasy in Wikipedia. And please no "wikipedia is no quoteable source" debate. If you think so find your own source and quote it. It won't differ much. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fantasy

High fantasy or epic fantasy is a sub-genre of fantasy, defined either by the epic nature of its setting or by the epic stature of its characters, themes, or plot. (...) High fantasy is set in an alternative, fictional ("secondary") world, rather than the "real" or "primary" world. This secondary world is usually internally consistent, but its rules differ from those of the primary world. (...) Many high fantasy stories are told from the viewpoint of one main hero. (...) The hero often begins as a childlike figure, but matures rapidly, experiencing a considerable gain in fighting/problem-solving abilities along the way.The plot of the story often depicts the hero's fight against the evil forces as a bildungsroman.

I get a lot of ✓-marks for SH, and it's main couple with this definition ...

My mistake, I assumed you were making some retarded distinction between "epic" and high fantasy. Regardless, fantasy of any genre isn't exempt from the principles of narrative structure, including the questionable decision to introduce random characters at the end of the season.
Jun 12, 2019 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
Swimsuit Raphtalia is good civ

I tried my best.

Jun 12, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2017
LuizFelipeNM said:
Short_Circut said:

I agree about Malty's punishment...just think about last week's episode...she was there trying to ruin their lives again by poison the food, so "narratively" speaking there was no break for her...So it kinda looks pointless.

Yea even all the characters trying to call her new name were awkwardly sitting there like "oh yeah right forgot about that." Like if I was Malty I'd literally be jumping for joy especially considering the severity of crimes that were committed, only to get a prepubescent highschooler level of punishment
Jun 12, 2019 11:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the grinding spots are only active for only one party at a time then huh. While L'Arc's personality can be quite earnest its actually nice seeing him and Therese treat Naofumi and party with respect and try to forge deeper bonds. The teamwork between the two parties was quite interesting with Therese's spells being the most notable. The beach trip though was a nice surprise as it allowed us to see both Filo and Raphtalia in swimsuits with the latter being especially sexy. The ruins that they found though sure ended up bringing grim tidings to the party though. Overall a solid ep that while expanding upon the new area to which the party are heading too also did well in finally introducing the pair of adventurers that we encountered last ep. Looks like the final arc will be the defence of the island from the incoming wave.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2019 12:10 PM
Mar 2015
The penguin breathing suit with Santa hat were hilarious. Raphtalia looked great in a swim suit. Those two seem untrustworthy
Jun 12, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Something is definitely off about the two new characters here, as they just seem way too nice by this series' standards. Also, were those penguin breathing suits the "weird item" that they found? It seems kinda weird to hide what it was, then just throw them in without explanation.

Also, this episode tried way too hard to make the other Heroes look thoroughly incompotent compared to Naofumi: I know that's been the approach all the way through, but it didn't feel at all natural here like it did in previous episodes.
Jun 12, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2018
Wtf L'Arc Berg and Therese Alexandrite don't know the new that the shield hero ain't the bad guy??????Ya know I still think that those two will do something bad to Naofumi

This can pass as a swim suite.

This look more like a whore would wear.

Jun 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Sep 2016
@17:50

Is Therese having red hair here an animation error or part of her spell? She's obviously the caster in Opening 2 right before L'Arc shows up, but her hair is red in that as well vs the light blue we've seen up to now.
Jun 12, 2019 12:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I keep on waiting for L'Arc and Therese to stab them in the back.

Can someone remind me why those 2 are at the same level as the heroes? Aren't the latter considerably more powerful than any random adventurer?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 12, 2019 12:45 PM
Nov 2018
BlurrzFyre said:
Is Therese having red hair here an animation error or part of her spell? She's obviously the caster in Opening 2 right before L'Arc shows up, but her hair is red in that as well vs the light blue we've seen up to now.
It's how her spells work, check 16:36.
Jun 12, 2019 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
Even isekai cannot escape the obligatory beach episode.

Actually surprised whats his name spear guy brought along Bitch, I figured they at least confine her to the town/castle for a while.
Jun 12, 2019 12:50 PM

Sep 2016
FreezePeach said:
BlurrzFyre said:
It's how her spells work, check 16:36.

Thanks! I felt like I was going color blind for a second LOL
Jun 12, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Didn't like the slice of life focussed episodes at first, this one on the other hand was very chill and I enjoyed it. A breather after all what happened isn't that bad.

L'arc and Therese seem pretty nice as of yet, I especially like the manner of the former one.

But bruh, only 2 days left xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2019 1:03 PM
Nov 2018
Farabeuf said:
I keep on waiting for L'Arc and Therese to stab them in the back.

Can someone remind me why those 2 are at the same level as the heroes? Aren't the latter considerably more powerful than any random adventurer?
This is the first time SH group levels in area for high level characters, they were in lower areas before level up. Adventurers in this zone likely to be stronger. So far there is nothing particularly strange about them.

There were high level characters before - the old woman in the village, royal knighs/mages, church people.
Jun 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
Drunk Raphtalia and Swimsuit Raphtalia...too much best girl level stuff here. Anyways, that was an interesting bit of build up. Seasick heroes was amusing as well. Looks like they are gonna go straight for the next Wave to end the series. Here's to hoping it isn't rushed too badly.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
This season should have ended last week. There's no point in introducing new characters and new locations when this ends in 2 episodes. Unless you're trying to hype us up for Season 2.

And seeing Malty walk around scot-free is actually making me want to steer clear of season 2.

I'm not sure how L'Arc managed to be so oblivious that Naofumi is the Shield Hero. He has the same name as the Shield Hero, he has the same appearance, he has the same party members that the Shield Hero has, he has a shield stuck on his arm, he uses the same shield to fight. I just...

At least we got to see Raphtalia in a swimsuit but the stuff with Malty is literally a joke at this moment. She and Spear Hero have just turned into really bad comedy, and possibly always were, and the other heroes are still bickering. It's just getting really old, and I say this is as someone who really loved this show for the most part.
Jun 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Shingster said:
So the grinding spots are only active for only one party at a time then huh.

Early on in the show it was stated that the 4 heroes can't grind together as their weapon's growth is stunted while they are nearby.
Jun 12, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
Drunk Raphtalia was a bit weird, but funny!

I am liking these new characters so far. Friend or Foe, I hope they will get along at some point (also it's so obvious they came from another world). They make an interesting party alright. They are both really skilled and that bracelet Naofumi made for Therese sure gives her a great boost.

Beach episode, a very brief one... Raphtalia in a swimsuit is something else! DAMN!

So the next wave is actually pretty soon, these last 2 episodes going to be good I hope!
Jun 12, 2019 2:27 PM
Sep 2016
adrian_and_sela said:
This season should have ended last week.
I'm not sure how L'Arc managed to be so oblivious that Naofumi is the Shield Hero. He has the same name as the Shield Hero, he has the same appearance, he has the same party members that the Shield Hero has, he has a shield stuck on his arm, he uses the same shield to fight. I just...

L'Arc met many people who were pretending to be the Shield Hero during his journey. As they have omitted this, I think it is good to make it clear. That's why he didn't believe in Nao.
Jun 12, 2019 2:30 PM
Feb 2017
Raphtalia drunk and in a swimsuit are the best parts of this episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.