Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 9, 2019 4:17 PM

Dec 2018
Shigure is planning something towards Akito 'cause he said he felt sorry for that wholly seahorse drama between seahorse's ex girlfriend and Akito, i dunno know exactly if i am sure, but in previous episodes, it implies that Shigure has a grudge against Akito because of that drama. I guess it was when he said that Akito is paying for all he'd done and it was "delightful" to see that he is really paying for it. That's my hint

And Shigure is goddamn sexy, what a sly fox man
Jun 10, 2019 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
This was a good episode.
They say that this series is supposed to be getting 63 episodes, now I know why the cover for this series has "First Season" on it and on the intro. So it will be like, maybe 4 four seasons?

Is Akito sick?
Jun 10, 2019 4:51 AM

Jun 2008
So after reading the majority of comments here:
- Kagura "haters": I can tell you that by the end of the anime you'll be proud of her character development if they still follow the manga. True she is annoying but when Kyo's past is completely revealed you'll understand, and either you'll hate her completely or love her completely, but at least you'll understand why she is over the top.
There are people confusing the Zodiac with Sohmas, so allow me to explain: The Zodiac is part of the huge Sohma clan, aka, if they are hugged by a Sohma that is not part of the zodiac its the same than being hugged by any other person outside the clan: they will transform into animals. The Sohma clan has like a hundred people but the zodiac is thirteen (with Kyo) and between themselves, if they hug they will not transform because they are part of those thirteen (zodiac).
So Kagura (boar) may hug all guys from the zodiac and she will not transform.

I was happy to see Shigure's morally greyness finally being portrayed and until now it was the best thing in this new adaption to me.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
Was this episode supposed to clarify what's going on with dog-bro Shigure? All I got out of it was that he's up to something underhanded.

I don't get all the Kagura hate tbh. Her tsundere-proclivities (i.e. relentlessly assaulting Kyou) are slightly obnoxious, but largely she's pretty cute. Not half as cute as Tohru, of course, but still likeable.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 10, 2019 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
Yatsuho said:
Is Akito sick?

In the head.

I believe thats not a spoiler, judging from all the flashbacks we've seen so far.
Jun 10, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Not sure I understand Shigure's motive here, what is he after? It wasn't really clear after this episode. Is he searching for something? Is he trying to recreate something? What did he witness and what is it that he holds upon a pedestal that he would be willing to goto any lengths to see his 'dream'(for lack of better work) to fruition?

In the flashback, Shigure was admiring the spring blooming petals. The way I interpreted it, Shigure intends to rejuvenate the Souma family, probably by cutting out what he sees as elements bringing it down... like Akito.
Jun 10, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
A double date! It was pretty standard, not much went on outside of funny upbeat hijinks. That suicide joke was pretty tasteless, especially in a show that tries to be an emotional and down to earth depiction of grief. Shigure has a dark secret it would seem, he indirectly revealed that his friendly persona is a facade. I wonder what his goal is...
Jun 10, 2019 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
so now we have already assembled 3 pairs of shipping! nice!
5/5.

Jun 10, 2019 8:22 PM
Aug 2011
for the first time I can see the cracks starting to show with how QUALITY some scenes looked
glad it was here though and not in the previous Hatsuharu ep.
Jun 11, 2019 4:16 AM

Jun 2007
so the abusing of Kyo continues... so funny right. Tohru seeing all of this: oh a date. i want a date. Kyo doesn't want it but who cares right
not hard to guess that i see myself in Kyo. all the things i'm trying to fix caused by lousy parenting. i hate seeing this shit being normalized
i get it they follow the manga. but it's 2019 and there could be some minor stuff changed for the sake of a better future of humanity.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 11, 2019 11:07 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder what shigure is planning. Ive started to wonder if he is really a gd guy.
Jun 13, 2019 9:44 AM

Apr 2018
Now we discovered that Shigure has a scheme. I wonder what it is. Hoping that Shigure and his editor be a couple
Jun 13, 2019 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
This was one of the first episodes with a completely different storyline than the main series. The plot definitely got more serious already and as someone who has been dissatisfied with how the inner monologues and music are not sufficiently used in the show, this episode was better than most. Looking forward to the next one!
Jun 14, 2019 6:51 AM

Aug 2014
SailorVeki said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

Nice episode ^^ but how come she have a pink uniform? It's cute but, is the school supposed to have two uniforms? I'm confused.

The school has 2 uniforms, summer uniform (white shirt with blue skirt/pants) and winter uniform (blue shirt with blue skirt/pants). Tooru is wearing a pink sweater over her uniform, because she's probably cold with only the uniform. Yuki is wearing a gray sweater and Hanajima a black thing similar to a sweater. It's seen in a lot of anime that people wear sweaters over their uniform when it's cold.

A little bit of correction,
Kagura not attending their school, so of course she will have different uniform.
She attend school exclusively for girls.
Jun 14, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2018
Kind of losing interest in this series so far as a first time watcher, but I still kinda like it. Hope Shigure doesn't end up being super evil or something lmao.
Jun 14, 2019 4:02 PM
Nov 2015
I didn't finish the manga...is Shigure going to fall for Tohru?
Jun 14, 2019 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
Ruise said:
SailorVeki said:

The school has 2 uniforms, summer uniform (white shirt with blue skirt/pants) and winter uniform (blue shirt with blue skirt/pants). Tooru is wearing a pink sweater over her uniform, because she's probably cold with only the uniform. Yuki is wearing a gray sweater and Hanajima a black thing similar to a sweater. It's seen in a lot of anime that people wear sweaters over their uniform when it's cold.

A little bit of correction,
Kagura not attending their school, so of course she will have different uniform.
She attend school exclusively for girls.

I thought the question was about Tooru, not Kagura. ^^; I thought it's obvious that Kagura goes to a different school (and have a different uniform), since we never saw her in their scool in previous episodes. ^^;
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jun 14, 2019 6:36 PM

Sep 2015
MoonBabyDoll said:
I didn't finish the manga...is Shigure going to fall for Tohru?

Jun 15, 2019 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone tell me the name of the soundtrack that played in the middle of this episode around 19:30 pls. Thank you.
removed-userJun 15, 2019 8:46 AM
Jun 16, 2019 7:56 AM
Jan 2019
Shigure is a man to be afraid of. I overestimated him, I thought he was a good person, but apparently he is rotten inside, corroded by his egoistic desires. You will lose a tooth, definitely !. Yuki and Kyo will not forgive him if he makes Tohru suffer. "Damn liar!". Disappointed me.

Hahaha, I knew from the moment that Kyo got weird for Valentine's Day, it was Kagura 😂.
I did not expect a double date, fun fie.

I have a question: If Shigure eats chocolate, is it harmful to him? It is a dog xD.

"She has a way of softening people." Definitely, she does it. His smile is contagious. Your kindness is a great treasure.

Behind drama and comedy, this story has a dark side. I knew it from the moment I heard about Akito, and now when I saw the true nature of Shigure.
I'm going to be very angry if something bad happens to Tohru. I'M SERIOUS! >: v.
Jun 16, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2008
It's finally getting interesting! This is the episode I've been waiting for. Up till now it's been a far more lackluster show than the original version. Looking forward to the rest.
Jun 19, 2019 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
i've always felt shigure is way too carefree and okay with all of them that he's gotta have a dark side. looks like we got a glimpse of it since he just basically admitted he's okay with using the three of them as pawns or allowing them to be hurt for an end goal.. there's gonna be a lot more to it.
Jul 4, 2019 5:29 AM

Nov 2018
I don't particularly care about Tohru x Kyou but this series is better off without Kagura's persistence, that girl got serious problems.
And Shigure is an interesting character with his priorities and all.
OrangeCloudsJul 4, 2019 5:57 AM
Aug 13, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2013
SailorVeki said:
Also, like I thought, they didn't show Hatori and Shigure smoking, they were just drinking tea. That's 3rd time they removed cigaretes (Kyouko smoking in chapter 1, Shigure smoking in chapter 6, Hatori and Shigure smoking in chapter 16). But they did show the editor wanting to commit suicide with a scalpel and they showed ''scary'' knives 2 times before (ep 1 Hanajima and ep 4 Kagura), so go figure about this censorship stuff.
I admit, I wouldn't have noticed without it being pointed out, but... I don't like that. It's a very small thing, certainly, but it's one of many small things that go into building character image. The anime's set, what, thirty years ago? Smoking was so common then. And it's two or three instances, they're hardly chain-smoking or promoting it any way.

Meh, I just like a handsome man in a suit with a cigarette. It seems meddlesome and unnecessary to censor like that, that's the kind of thing 4Kids used to get up to.

And sure, smoking's bad, kids, but so is violence and they aren't doing anything to censor that.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 13, 2019 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
Shigure is scheming something yet I don't quite get what this "dream" of his might be. His talk with Hatori left me feeling quite intrigued tho.

Slightly uneventful but other than that, it was an interesting episode overall.
Aug 25, 2019 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Kinda boring episode. I am confused with Shigure's character.
Sep 4, 2019 5:16 PM

Aug 2017
So, Shigure is using Tohru for some reason. He's planning something. Did we really needed Kagura in this episode?

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 14, 2019 12:49 AM

Dec 2013
This episode made me really want to know more about Shigure.
Oct 11, 2019 8:43 PM
Apr 2016
Kyou is so immature, he doesn't deserve Kagura's love, I don't get why'd she even have a thing for him. I see that a love triangle is plausible, that's interesting.
Dec 5, 2019 7:27 PM

Mar 2015
Double date went well I guess?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 29, 2020 6:14 AM
Jan 2020
I really am glad that they showed some of Shigure's perspective but only a little bit of hint which will be clarified as the story progresses. He is one of my favorite characters in this series because you will find him likable and intriguing but at the end relatable.
The double date is very nice for the four but the movie moment is funny. Nice Episode all in all.
Feb 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Feb 2017
If I had someone like Kagura after my tail like Kyo has I would be dreading Valentine's day too. Luckily their double date went well.

Also got interested in what's Shigure scheming.
May 10, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
Uo and Hana are getting along with the Somas too. I can't believe Kyo will agree with double date though. And what does Shigure really planning? Aweee I feel bad for the editor. She's so cute after all.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 5, 2020 11:33 PM

May 2013
It's so good, I just wanna keep watching lol <3

Hatori is too damn handsome, mannnnnn

Shigure so sly as always ;P he like a fox, kekeke

"Movingu fingahhs!" -Mitchan XDDD
Sep 21, 2020 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
"Mystery", as Hatsuharu would say. The plot thickens! What are these dreams about? What is real about Shigure? What is happening to Kyou? Hana, Uo and Tohru having a hug were sooo adorable and wonderful! Exiting times ahead, it seems.
Jan 23, 2021 1:55 PM
Apr 2016
Punkero said:
Gosh, Kagura is so fucking irritating already.
glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this. Her attitude is not okay and just creepy. Dude has made his 'no' very clear just let it go instead of constantly assaulting him damn. I really dislike her 😒
Feb 1, 2021 9:15 AM

May 2015
Meh boring episode. Ang that Kagura, ugh
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 27, 2021 1:51 AM

Aug 2019
guess I’m the only person that likes Kagura in this forum, well I certainly hope Shigure isn’t planning anything too bad
Mar 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2019
A double date doesn't seem like an idea. Kagura is back for Kyo. I wonder what Shigure is plotting.
Mar 1, 2021 9:51 PM

Jun 2020
lmao kagura is back, and the date is pretty funny too : D

Apr 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
Damn whatever that plan is, i'm hoping it doesn't happen lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2020
New episode, new cryptic backstory

I'm rooting for Shigure to not become the main antagonist here
Jun 28, 2021 12:26 PM

Jan 2021
Shigure Is hiding something
Sep 9, 2021 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect Shigure to have a dark side to him, making me really curious to what his motives are. Also my condolences to Mitchan for being Shigure's editor, must be a pain in the ass to deal with him.

Nov 17, 2021 5:25 AM

Dec 2007
found this episode good, specially the fact the valentine day theme was pushed to make shigure more spade, but that's the next problem -
when you'r doing a full episode about mysterious scheme of a character, it's good to make the watcher thinks "what they gonna do" foreshadowing, but in this case too much of it ruins the effect because we don't get enough hints and being talked about plans we do not understand don't help much the watcher to be interested in - "what's next" but would be frustrated to know the details now. in other words - it's watcher abusing.
lol i hope i was clear in what i meant.

and we learned more hints on kyo.
the way i see about the anime so far is that it's main story and "meat" is only in it's future, nothing shining so far, and i don't know if i like it or not, so i will keep 8 out of 10 to the series for now.
Jan 16, 2022 10:11 AM

Sep 2021
god can kagura just die already
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Jul 26, 2022 6:36 PM
Jun 2022
Ways Tohru and I are similar:
- Both really don't like any type of conflict, especially if it gets physical.

I can definitely see some type of love triangle happening between Tohru, Yuki and Kyo. I feel like she'll end up with both at them at different times at one point or another.

Also, a way that Tohru and I are different, I'm sad to admit, I can internally be a bit of a Valentines Grinch. I guess it's just because I feel sad and a little bit jealous that I've never had someone to celebrate it. It'll probably change when I find someone who wants to celebrate it with me. Oh well, maybe next year, but I don't have high hopes.

Also, that editor needs to calm the heck down. She needs to take a chill pill, and stop being over dramatic. Someone get her some chamomile tea, or make her some "special brownies", or something like that.
Dec 24, 2022 3:40 PM
Dec 2022
Once again, halarious humor added. I like how haru has "a dark side" and a light side like the colors of a cow 😭 silly shigure om. slay basically. I am still wondering is akito has any problems. like. clearly he has.. issues. 😕yeah. by
Sep 3, 2023 6:35 PM

Mar 2022
Looks like we have a double date on our hands, and I honestly still don’t mind Kaguya as a character and is fun again as she was in her first episode was a delight to have at the cinema alongside Tohru. But damn Shigure, that nice exterior is deceiving he’s up to something I know it but what that’s the question right now for me.

It’s something to do with the family as a whole, something to do with Akito maybe? Who knows what it is. But after seeing this episode I’m starting to get overly cautious about him but I don’t know why. Up to this point he just seemed like a good natured guy but yeah that talk with Hatori has me thinking now. I certainly wasn’t anticipating how dark this show can be at times. Not enough that it’s jarring but to the point that while the show is wholesome for the most part it’s got a dark edge to it. Great episode regardless.
Nov 16, 2023 7:19 AM
Jul 2023
I am a thousand year old wizard
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

167 by LucasDoragon »»
May 13, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

184 by LucasDoragon »»
May 13, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

233 by kiteall »»
May 12, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

219 by kiteall »»
May 9, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

192 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 8:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.