Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got mixed feelings on this Kazusa girl now.

Hiro joining the Koto Club as vice president is an interesting decision considering someone of her personality. Pretty much more of a buildup episode again. Personally, I don't think the club is strong enough to make to the Nationals now either but they can still work towards it.
Stark700Jun 1, 2019 3:22 PM
Jun 1, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
So he was afraid of not being accepted for failing the entrance exams but it seems his parents where more worried about his well being and they way he looked at things.
It's a good thing it's resolved but now they have to somehow enter the inter high which is going to be hard.
Jun 1, 2019 11:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite her attitude Himesaka's skills sure is impressive as was her fellow club mates. Still despite the strength of her performance it was oddly satisfying seeing Chika and the club vow to improve their skills to match Houzuki's own. Hiro's attempt to help Takezou was a nice change to how she was in the past. Takezou standing up to his brother was cool though. Its nice that this visit of hers also made Takezou's family respect him more as well. While its nice to see Chika and Takezou settle their argument it was nice to see the effect that it had on reinforcing the clubs desire to do their best and fight together with the final scene symbolising this well. Overall an excellent ep that did well in not just showing the strength of their rivals but also in making Takezou realise that while their rivals may be formidable it doesn't mean that they can't match them if they have both the desire and a goal in which they all want to attain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
Chika truly knows how to mark his belongings ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 1, 2019 11:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Takezo needs to be protected. The pain of not being self-confident and feeling he drags everyone down, that's awful.

I didn't expect Kurusu to come by his house to set things straight. Also her line about everyone supporting each other despite their own personal problems, it all adds together. That's the main draw of the series for me despite the koto performances.

Him talking back to his brother was satisfying.

She came around so fast but it feels right for me. She finally found a group where she can feel safe and look how much she's doing to keep it this way in this episode :)
Jun 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
The other school's Koto playing was quite impressive.

Good thing Chika and Takezou were able to sort out their problem.

Jun 1, 2019 1:06 PM
Jul 2017
"Takeru, don't say such things about stuff you know nothing about."

Sick burn, bro!!?! Takeru's expression and the mom's reaction after that was priceless. Even his dad was like: so, I hear you're finally growing a pair...
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jun 1, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2007
I have to say, the greatest moment by far this time for me was actually this small surprising detail of the guys actually being happy about having morning practice as well. ^_^
Jun 1, 2019 2:51 PM

Mar 2017
I loved every minute of this weeks episode! I'm so happy that Takezo finally opened up to everyone, especially Chika.

I feel like Kurusu is really growing as a character now too; she's already so much kinder and it's obvious that she cares about everyone in the club!

Loved that little ChikaxHozuki moment there... just patiently waiting for this ship to sail haha
Jun 1, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2018
Ya know for Kurata to lack something in the confidence dept, was really annoying, if I were Chika or Satowa I'd probably relived him of his responsibility as the club president.
Jun 1, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Kazuya's behaviour is really odd, but Himsekas performance was apparently stunning. Too bad that we didn't get to hear Meiryo as well, but gotta save something for later.

And haha, Ousuke's enthusiasm about seeing some bros was a treat to watch.

All in all nice episode that ended on a high note with a display of reaffirmed determination to aim for the nationals.

Also, always cute when Chika gets defensive over Satowa.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 2019 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
This has been, mostly, a well-written drama so far, and with such rewarding moments too, that I'm falling in love with it. Especially with Kudou. lol Himesaka was so good that they were left in awe, but Kudou didn't let it get him down. He knows he isn't at Houzuki's level yet, but he is up to trying and catch up to her. Something new to Houzuki, who had lost "friends" who couldn't keep up with her before. I love how he always seems to say the right thing, and my heart skipped a beat when he held her hand and pulled her to his side when the crazy Himesaka girl tried to take her away.

But Takezou let them get to him. It was too much to take in at first now that he understands the difference between them better, so he got afraid as a result of his lack of confidence. To make things worse he ran into his old "friends", of course they had to be just there, and he just let them make fun of him and his club, just like he lets his brother, but Kudou was there and he couldn't take it. He tried to stand up for Takezou then to make him stand up for himself, but Takezou closed himself off by saying that Kudou "wouldn't understand it", without even trying to talk to him about his anxieties first. And it hurts because it makes you feel like you can't do anything for someone you care about, and as pointed out by the others, this is all new to Kudou so he got frustrated.

I love how he feels at home in Tetsuki's house by the way, their bond is the best. xD But I don't really "agree" with Tetsuki this time, being a "senpai" isn't reason enough to shove off someone who was trying to help you when you clearly needed it. But well, as he said, he didn't know the details, and what he said is valid to an extent. But well, Kurusu proved to be better than expected and acted on her own to try and help Takezou by sharing the burden, and tried to make him snap out of it too. And it worked because he finally told his brother to shut up, since he was just acting as prejudiced fool towards people, and an activity he knows nothing about. Even their mother was happy, and I'm glad his parents are Takezou's allies. He has a safe home, despite his brother, and he has his friends. He will get there, he will be confident. If not about himself, about the bonds he has and the value in trying to do what they can do. I loved that last scene in which all of them wrote a new motivational poster together.
Jun 1, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 2018
Yeay, next episode we'll have summer camp with hotspring scene :)
Jun 1, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
Weebsteria said:

Because it is physically impossible to write a high-school setting without a hotspring or beach episode at some point apparently.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jun 1, 2019 5:42 PM

Dec 2015
What's with that group of hyper-homosexual, female elitist trash? This episode was great but that school's club is super annoying. These characters honestly didn't need to be introduced for this kind of development.
Jun 1, 2019 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
The Kudo and Hozuki moments were so subtle in this episode but SOOOO GOOD. When he pulled her and she fell into his chest. And then at the end when they mentioned using two characters on the poster. SO GOOD!

Great episode overall. Kuruta's development has been really good. And Kurusu is likable now!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 1, 2019 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Always nice seeing the Chika x Satowa scenes animated. xD

Takezo talking back to his brother was very satisfying, though I always imagined him doing it with a more stern voice that what we saw here.

Hot springs and training camp episode next, also means we'll finally see some Suzuka-chan goodness. xD
Jun 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Mar 2016
Constantly being told you're not good enough can really destroy your confidence. It was nice to see Takezou gain confidence, though.

I constantly forget that this is an adaption of a shounen manga, so of course Hiro has a good side!

Takezou's little brother is an arse. Go to WataMote where you belong!!
Jun 1, 2019 11:09 PM

Jan 2018
DARK pasts combined together turns into a BRIGHT future.
Jun 2, 2019 4:28 AM
Jan 2019
Amazing episode
Story is getting better
But am so sad backgrounds are gettinf worse.. so baaad
Jun 2, 2019 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
Although the story isn't anything out of this world i have to give it to this show that it executes it perfectly. Great episode.
Jun 2, 2019 3:17 PM

Dec 2014
hmm atleast the club president is standing up a little.... well lets see how the remaining episodes go
Jun 2, 2019 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Best episode so far! The anime is finally giving me the feels I thought it would give me from the beginning.

AND MY SHIP------ KURUSU X TAKEZO IS GETTING MORE AND MORE REAL IN MY HEAD. She is now the vice-president I'm--- weak. Seriously I'm shipping so hard since episode 7... And now! Ughhhh! Please let them be together~~~
Jun 2, 2019 7:41 PM
Mar 2015
The nationals finally became a real goal for everyone now that they can see what needs to be done
Jun 2, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I was really hating Kurata for how passive he was being since the beginning of the series so now, I'm really glad he finally grew some balls. I just hope he doesn't lose this new gained confidence so easily.

Anyways, it was a very well executed episode overall. Really interested in the next one.

P.S.: Please, can someone mute Satowa's fangirl? I really can't stand her.
Jun 3, 2019 2:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Himesaka school's Koto playing...is very appropriate and stunning, definitely worthy of the National levels.

However, the part is, Chika saving Hozuki and boldly saying that the rest of the club will catch up to her, that might be an understatement right at this point in time.

For Takezou, this episode really reveals his heart for the club. His despair over the past episodes unfortunately just feels too small, faded into the background, only healed on the surface level.

Kurusu barged into Takezou's place to help encourage him, however from the way that she expressed to him, crush maybe? At this point of time, don't really know. For him to crush and mince his own brother's words, that's the 1st step.

Plus with Chika, the dream is impossible but with some effort, they can still get there. Love the moment where Chika and Hozuki just said their words unknowingly together.

Obviously the buildup episode for what's to come.
And upgrading this series to my AOTS, even if this is the 1st cour. Simply love the anime adaptation that is emphasized from the manga, and a whole lot more.
Jun 3, 2019 3:43 PM

Jun 2015
I thought that teacher was a jerk maybe he's secretly nice
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 3, 2019 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
waiting for Chika x Satowa ship to embark!
4/5.

Jun 5, 2019 3:16 AM
Jun 2019
This episode is pretty good. Introduction to Himesaka's all powerful koto club and also conclusion to Takezo's back story.

This episode basically sets the koto club's members and motivations for reaching the nationals.

Jun 5, 2019 5:46 PM
Jan 2019
I loved this episode about "trust".
I'm staying with these words ...
"If you, the president of the club, who should lead them does not have confidence in itself then it is impossible to go to the Nationals." The teacher gave in the point. Takezo needed to react and leave that cowardly attitude.

"The reason I wanted to join the koto club was because I saw a group of people apparently with nothing in common supporting each other making up for what others are missing." Kurusu said something really moving and sincere. Just what Takezo needed to hear.

"Do not diminish your worth." I thought Takezo's father was a tough man, but I was wrong. He has a good father and a good mother. They were short, but great words from a father to a son.

"The battles you know you will win are not fun, right?" It is true. First they aimed at the Nationals, but now they aim higher than that .. The first place. The club has become really united. I'm very happy to see that.
It is satisfying to see that Takezo understood that he should not carry everything himself, but trust others and himself 😁. Thanks to this, he saw how realistic the situation of going to the Nationals is and being honest with his feelings and telling others. Now going to the Nationals is not a dream at all, it is a joint goal.
Jun 5, 2019 8:15 PM

Dec 2018
those flat uninstered girls(im glad that i dont know any of their names) dont need too much screentime, they're useless as their dull personalities and it's annoying to see much of them, please author give us a break
Jun 6, 2019 3:32 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode, the only thing I didn't like was the way that Takezo told his brother off. I always imagined it being in a more powerful tone and manner but it just felt flat.
Jun 6, 2019 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
Chika x Satowa
Tekezou x Hiro.

My ships are complete. And I'm sure it'll sail.
Jun 15, 2019 6:10 PM

Jan 2018
MaskOfIce said:
Weebsteria said:

Because it is physically impossible to write a high-school setting without a hotspring or beach episode at some point apparently.

You say that like it’s a bad thing :) should be fun and it’ll help the group become better friends.
KuribroJun 15, 2019 6:36 PM
Jun 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
Hylianticipated said:
What's with that group of hyper-homosexual, female elitist trash? This episode was great but that school's club is super annoying. These characters honestly didn't need to be introduced for this kind of development.

I don’t think that Japanese stereotypes about elite schools are somehow different from Western ones. Especially when it comes to homosexuality, the West also likes to make “perversity” part of the classic set of features of rich youth.
Jun 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
Hylianticipated said:

I don’t think that Japanese stereotypes about elite schools are somehow different from Western ones. Especially when it comes to homosexuality, the West also likes to make “perversity” part of the classic set of features of rich youth.

I never said anything about East vs West; I simply said this was stupid and pointless.
Jun 19, 2019 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
Hylianticipated said:
RobertBobert said:

I never said anything about East vs West; I simply said this was stupid and pointless.

I just want to say that this is a fairly common archetype of "arrogant rich people" who, for a complete set, lack only the attempts to abuse their money. In Saiki Kusuo there was a very good parody of such characters.
Jun 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
Hylianticipated said:

I just want to say that this is a fairly common archetype of "arrogant rich people" who, for a complete set, lack only the attempts to abuse their money. In Saiki Kusuo there was a very good parody of such characters.

Okay. Doesn't make the character introduction any less dumb and pointless.
Jun 23, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked the show in the beginning despite its rushed pacing and anything-but-original plot; the characters and their interactions were sweet and I was genuinely looking forward to hearing more of koto music, convinced that once the obligatory introduction's set and done, they'd for sure slow down and just let us listen and chill. But nope. If anything, the tempo's become even more frantic; bunch of new, unimportant, annoying characters were thrown in and started stealing from the already limited screen time; the reason they're thrown in (* new conflicts) was repeatedly dealt with rather hastily and in a shallow manner (you don't build up drama by interrupting the atmosphere with chibis and freakin' jokes), and what's worst, there's still (nearly) no(ne). Koto. Music. Whatsoever.

Shame. Shame & drop.
Jul 5, 2019 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
Kurata seems to be very self-conflicted, suffering from very low self-esteem. Ouch. Seems like he got over it at the end though, so we'll see how that goes later.
Aug 19, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2016
Really glad Takezou stood up for himself, gonna need to see a lot more of that shit
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 18, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2018
So now they're going on huh
I kind of dislike how the drama of a person is solved the very next episode it was introduced
But it's not bad at all so no complaining

They clearly show the shippings I guess
But I heard the romance development is very slow in this show? Doesn't seem that slow to me at all tbh

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 16, 2019 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
Our young Takezou finally becoming a man, snif.
Oct 28, 2019 6:44 AM

Apr 2018
Takezo's brother is such an asshole and those people who makes fun of them. Hopefully they'll get good to defeat the others
Dec 28, 2019 8:16 AM

Aug 2017
Tetsuki with glasses + Kiriyuu Ousuke, the new HOT GUY made the episode watchable ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2020 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
Finally Takezou's turn to deal with his issues, his newfound friends especially Kudo gave him enough of a push in order for him to accept himself
I don't really see Kuruse as a good vice president looking back at what she did and the advisor gives some subtle good advice but still doesn't come over as a good person in my eyes

May 16, 2020 3:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like we have another couple
Aug 22, 2020 10:48 PM
Oct 2019
They better not turn this club advisor into a good guy, saying he was just "pushing" Kurata to make him better. Bullshit. The advisor is a POS. Period.

Kurata does need to grow a pair of balls, though. EDIT: Oh wait, he did.
HagePotPotatoAug 22, 2020 10:53 PM
Oct 13, 2020 3:25 AM

Jul 2020
There’s really something wrong with how this series deliver the drama and conflict in the story. I don’t feel the depth in it. Though the conflict was deep, I can’t feel it. Maybe the pacing was too fast and they didn’t gave any build up first before the conflict will be dealt by the characters. As a result the characters seems to me like overreacting or being over dramatic.
Jan 10, 2021 10:29 PM

Apr 2009
Takezou's lil bro has been a verbal asshole but I'm glad he finally told him to mind his own arse, heck both their parents agree.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

127 by hellokittyluv23 »»
May 24, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

57 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

64 by Alex_TheForest »»
Feb 24, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.