Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2019 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
I seriously find sakura creepy, angsty, whiny and unbereable with Shinji matou being about equally worse? Is this just me or anyone feel the same?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
BrandonAug 26, 2019 10:31 AM

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Oct 2014
her character isn't meant to be sunshine and rainbows, and there are good reasons for her to turn out the way she did

spoilers for these two movies and UBW anime:
May 22, 2019 3:48 AM

Jun 2016
Shayon said:
her character isn't meant to be sunshine and rainbows, and there are good reasons for her to turn out the way she did

She is angsty, whine too much for fearing of losing shirou and creepy for extreme obssession for Shirou . Despite is extremely annoying too much emo and whiny. If you watch properly she whines, angsty and creep more than total of my fingers and thumbs combine over 20 times.

I hate her too much emo and angsty teenager mode.

For your information I already all know that and I still find her extremely annoying.
PrideRoyalIvyMay 22, 2019 3:52 AM

May 22, 2019 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Shayon said:

She is angsty, whine too much for fearing of losing shirou and creepy for extreme obssession for Shirou . Despite is extremely annoying too much emo and whiny. If you watch properly she whines, angsty and creep more than total of my fingers and thumbs combine over 20 times.

I hate her too much emo and angsty teenager mode.

For your information I already all know that and I still find her extremely annoying.

talk about an exaggeration lul
May 25, 2019 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, it isn't just you. She's over-the-top angsty and has quickly become my least favorite thing about this arc. Her character is completely unappealing, unlikable and unrelatable. It's as if she is made into a dark character for the sake of being dark and that's all there is to it.
May 26, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2009
In other words if a character acts like a normal person would(relatively speaking considering the fantasy shenanigans) it is unappealing.

Yes she should use the power of shounen and friendship and push aside all her problems.

Meanwhile Kiritsugu is treated as well written... You know....the guy whose solution to everything is bullet to the head.

>She is angsty, whine too much for fearing of losing shirou and creepy for extreme obssession for Shirou . Despite is extremely annoying too much emo and whiny. If you watch properly she whines, angsty and creep more than total of my fingers and thumbs combine over 20 times.

Glad you admit you didnt watch the second movie.
Jun 9, 2019 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
Here is why I think many find her annoying:

This mindset is part of Sakura - for better or for worse. Not to say she doesn't have better qualities, but this is a part of who she is.
You either understand, sympathize, and get on board with this way of thinking, or you don't
Some people find this form of rationalization and lack of responsibility are real put off, and I'd be lying if I said I don't understand why
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2019 8:34 PM

Jan 2019
I havent watched this movie nor do I plan to but from what I've read of the VN, she is so damn annoying. Just her voice pisses me off. I hate meek characters like her who let everyone walk all over them. Infinitely worse than Rin and Saber.
Jun 10, 2019 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
Asaid16 said:
I havent watched this movie nor do I plan to but from what I've read of the VN, she is so damn annoying. Just her voice pisses me off. I hate meek characters like her who let everyone walk all over them. Infinitely worse than Rin and Saber.

that will always be infinitely better than a shitty tsundere
and her voice is pretty cute
Jun 10, 2019 1:28 AM

Jan 2019
Shayon said:
Asaid16 said:

If by character development you mean snapping and turning into a psycho, fair enough. As for her voice, I had to turn it off in the settings 💀
Jun 10, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
Asaid16 said:
Shayon said:

If by character development you mean snapping and turning into a psycho, fair enough. As for her voice, I had to turn it off in the settings 💀

Except that the snapping happens AFTER she stops being the "weak" pushover and decides to take matters on her own hands aka after she develops.

Rin on the other hand never changes in any route
ssjokgJun 10, 2019 8:07 AM
Jun 10, 2019 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
That is why I never enjoyed HF route on the VN, and it is the same with Ufotable's movies. UBW and Fate are way better
Jun 10, 2019 10:51 PM

Aug 2009
Anowser said:
That is why I never enjoyed HF route on the VN, and it is the same with Ufotable's movies. UBW and Fate are way better

Shayon said:

Just copy pasted the reply above.

Seriously what is wrong with you people?

Jun 11, 2019 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
Well I'm not her biggest fan either but with everything she has gone through it would be unrealistic for her to be any different actually you would think she might be even worse than what she is. The bottom line is sakura is an extremely tragic character one of the most tragic in the entire series which is really quite a fit and I just hope that at the end she can find happiness with either shiro or her sister.
JoyBoy_316Jun 11, 2019 12:21 AM
Jun 11, 2019 12:19 AM

Nov 2016
ssjokg said:

Well I believe a character change or development should only happen when there is a need for it and not just for the sake of it. Every other main character in the series displays huge flows in their personalities or philosophies but the same cannot be said of rin. She isn't a character who is meant to go through some huge journey in the story like saber or sakura but she is one who is meant to help others go through those changes, which is examplified in her own route in UBW. And somtimes you do need characters like that.
Jun 11, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2015
Nah you're not alone. She's the worst girl in Fate imo. I simply can't stand hearing her saying "S-Senpai", and her voice in general.

Mickdrew said:

This mindset is part of Sakura - for better or for worse. Not to say she doesn't have better qualities, but this is a part of who she is.
You either understand, sympathize, and get on board with this way of thinking, or you don't
Some people find this form of rationalization and lack of responsibility are real put off, and I'd be lying if I said I don't understand why

Well I didn't remember that at all, been a while since I've read the VN. Just makes me hate her all the more.

HF should've been Illya's time to bask in the spotlight :'(
Jun 11, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2009
JoyBoy_316 said:
ssjokg said:

Well I believe a character change or development should only happen when there is a need for it and not just for the sake of it. Every other main character in the series displays huge flows in their personalities or philosophies but the same cannot be said of rin. She isn't a character who is meant to go through some huge journey in the story like saber or sakura but she is one who is meant to help others go through those changes, which is examplified in her own route in UBW. And somtimes you do need characters like that.

I dont have an issue with Rin.

And even tho I dont thin she is perfect as you imply, she either is treated by fans as one or as if she fixes her problems in the end.

If she is perfect comparing her to a broken character is just stupid.
If she has flaws then Sakura(and Saber) clearly developed a lot more than she did.

Aemnesias said:
Nah you're not alone. She's the worst girl in Fate imo. I simply can't stand hearing her saying "S-Senpai", and her voice in general.

Mickdrew said:

Well I didn't remember that at all, been a while since I've read the VN. Just makes me hate her all the more.

So we ignoring the part where Zoroastrian Satan is influencing her thoughts and actions.Right...

Jun 11, 2019 4:06 AM

Nov 2016
ssjokg said:
JoyBoy_316 said:

And even tho I dont thin she is perfect as you imply, she either is treated by fans as one or as if she fixes her problems in the end.

If she has flaws then Sakura(and Saber) clearly developed a lot more than she did.

I never said she was perfect. I'm saying that the flows she might've aren't serious or compelling enough to warrant a positive change compared to others. But that doesn't make her uninteresting or inferior to them either, her journey through out the story is more akin to a flat arc, she is a character who remain steadfast when the world tries to change her (she might not have experienced the same trauma as sakura but she too had quite the potential to end up worse than she is: losing her parents at an early age, having her sister taken away and having kirei as her only adult figure) and she helps other characters like shiro in UBW complete their journey. She is neither superior nor inferior to saber or sakura.
JoyBoy_316Jun 11, 2019 4:30 AM
Jun 11, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
JoyBoy_316 said:

Aemnesias said:

So we ignoring the part where Zoroastrian Satan is influencing her thoughts and actions.Right...

As I said, I frankly don't remember much from the VN, esp HF which is built up upon former routes' knowledge. She was raped by insects & Shinji, she did Gil dirty, turned angsty ready to kill everyone with Angra, and was really dislikable overall is what I remember her for.
Taken out of context, the dialogue linked just makes me hate her even more. Even with the proper explanation/context, I know that I'd still hate her because I did when I read the VN years ago.

Not arguing whether she's well written or not. Also never said there was no "logic" to her actions, because I don't remember said logic in the first place. I simply dislike the character, that's all. Like, I'm currently watching UBW, and her voice was enough to piss me off. I just don't like the character, that's all.
Jun 13, 2019 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Aemnesias said:
ssjokg said:

As I said, I frankly don't remember much from the VN, esp HF which is built up upon former routes' knowledge. She was raped by insects & Shinji, she did Gil dirty, turned angsty ready to kill everyone with Angra, and was really dislikable overall is what I remember her for.
Taken out of context, the dialogue linked just makes me hate her even more. Even with the proper explanation/context, I know that I'd still hate her because I did when I read the VN years ago.

Not arguing whether she's well written or not. Also never said there was no "logic" to her actions, because I don't remember said logic in the first place. I simply dislike the character, that's all. Like, I'm currently watching UBW, and her voice was enough to piss me off. I just don't like the character, that's all.
Talk about nonsensical reasons.
Jun 13, 2019 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
Meh, you are not the only one. In fact, Sakura has always been the black sheep among the three main heroines of FSN as long as I can remember. Personally my favorite heroine is probably Saber / Arturia (well, duh considering my profile picture), but I loved HF out of the 3 routes by far the most and I actually like Sakura as well. Much more than Rin at any case (then only title that could ever sell me on a tsundere is Toradora, otherwise I bloody hate this character archetype, Rin is... tolerable at best). While I didn't expect much from the route when I first started it years ago (Sakura was a "meh" character in the other routes), the difference right from the beginning floored me and especially when her circumstances were revealed, I just desperately wanted there to be some form of redemption for her. It also helped that Shirou during this route was more likeable than in the other routes, he confronts his ideals and realizes how absolutely unattainable they are, he becomes a lot more humane, but also an absolute badass by the end of it all. I'm not a particularly sentimental person (more like a bitter cynic), but when I initially reached the "normal" ending instead of the "true ending" and thought that that was it for real, I got hit by the feels enough to actually get teary eyed. Then again, I have a considerable weak spot for broken characters with a dark past.

HF in general is amazing, well the route is, I haven't watched the adaptation yet, I'm gonna do that in one sitting once all 3 movies are out with subs.
Jun 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2019
Aemnesias said:

So funny.

Illya's time to bask in the spotlight
ready to kill everyone "with" Angra
because I don't remember said logic in the first place

You definitely didn't read the visual novel don't you ? It's a shame we can't report for bullshiting.
VncriticalJun 14, 2019 1:16 PM
Jun 15, 2019 5:08 AM

Feb 2015
Vncriticalshit said:
Aemnesias said:

So funny.

Illya's time to bask in the spotlight
ready to kill everyone "with" Angra
because I don't remember said logic in the first place

You definitely didn't read the visual novel don't you ? It's a shame we can't report for bullshiting.

Geez why must you be so damn aggressive with those assumptions, I'm deeply hurt ouchie.
I don't mind people liking Sakura, and didn't even say she was a bad character in the first place. Just that I can't stomach her. But coming from someone who doesn't even post with his main account and creates one just for that occasion(you're flatternig me), that doesn't really surprise me. Anyway.

The Illya part was more me joking because there's no Illya route(bad end as Illya's plushy doesn't count) and she's my fav character with Rin, I didn't mean that seriously. I don't count her important role in the route as the embodiment of the Grail, nor her sacrifice at the end as "basking in the spotlight" really.

Same goes with Sakura turning "psycho". I know there're circumstances, and as crazy as that sounds, I've forgotten most things about the VN. I only read it 4 years ago(according to vndb), watched, read, played tons of other stories during that time. Right, how could I possibly forget about it!
Like, I can picture myself reading a resume of every route only to find out that I've forgotten 90% of it. But the impressions remain, and that's why I know I don't like Sakura, and yet still rated the VN a 9.
I had a blast reading that story and the characters overall were great, even Shirou whom I hated in the first route and ended up liking at the end. Seeing him grow as a character throughout the routes was definitely worth it. His anime versions with monologues cut out though, is just hatable. But I digress.

Sure I could reread it, but a good chunk of it is SoL that could be cut out, and the 90 hours it took me to read it the first time would be better invested discovering other works atm(not to mention that I have much less time available than I used to back in the days). I definitely will at some point though, and maybe I'll change my opinion of Sakura then, but for the time being, I stand by my original impression.

Won't comment the reporting part, because that's oh so dumb.

Now about Sakura.
Hate was probably too strong of a word tbh, but I strongly dislike her that's for sure.
The characters has flaws, she's definitely the most realistic/human out of the cast, she has circumstances(zouken's insect being a sword of damocles, backstory, rape, angra), and as tragic as it is, I just couldn't bring myself to like her(sex scenes were better in her route though).
I disliked her, even knowing those circumstances when I read it, that I'm sure of. And that's fine, really.

Now I'll excuse myself, as I don't want to discuss(can I even call losing my time replying to a troll a discussion?) this topic any further. Have a nice day, Sakura lover.
rahillimitciJun 15, 2019 5:16 AM
Jun 15, 2019 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
no i find her caring and waifu material but i only basing this on this 2 movies release so far
Jun 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
With the little information I've got reading your posts, I could tell that you didn't play this visual novel. So yeah, now I'm taking back what I've said. Maybe you truly didn't remember shit about those time playing it.

Aemnesias said:
Won't comment the reporting part, because that's oh so dumb.
Oof.

Sakura lover.
I don't particularly like her as a character. But "hating" is definitely as strong word knowing her mental issues.

can I even call losing my time replying to a troll a discussion?
Out of respect for your reply that's the only reason why I'm responding back. I don't even use MAL in the first place but nautiljon.
VncriticalJun 15, 2019 12:22 PM
Jun 17, 2019 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
I remember being really annoyed by her voice while reading the VN
she is Fate/Worst Girl.
Jun 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
She's the best out of the main 3 heroines (Saber, Rin and Sakuya) but overall there's better girls like Illya or Rider.
On her own though she's pretty okay so I'll have to disagree with you on the main point.
Jul 16, 2019 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
Shouldn't even care about the relationship, it's the atmosphere and fights that are best in Heaven's Feel..
Jul 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2010
people arguing about whose best girl in fate/stay night should stop and ask the real question.

which is where the fuck is that tsukihime Visual novel they promised 11 years ago.

also i don't like doormatt chan either. then again i'm not overly fond of any of the fate stay main girls.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 16, 2019 11:09 PM

Oct 2014
who cares about plot and characters, its the fights that matter lol
hazarddex said:
people arguing about whose best girl in fate/stay night should stop and ask the real question.

which is where the fuck is that tsukihime Visual novel they promised 11 years ago.

thats not a question anymore, its just a meme

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
TenshoJul 23, 2019 8:49 AM
Jul 29, 2019 6:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
In general Sakura's character in the first half of HF was always pretty unbearable to me. She's better towards the end because of plot reasons but her overbearing, clingy and obsessive characteristics kinda warrant a punch to the face eventually
Aug 4, 2019 8:21 PM
Aug 22, 2019 8:11 AM

Jun 2009
She's the only realistic female in the entire series, and thus the best girl.
Aug 22, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
Kinzo said:
She's the only realistic female in the entire series, and thus the best girl.

If Kinzo says a female is best girl then it must be true.

DESIRE!!
Aug 22, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2018
She is the worst one from the main 3 heroines (the best one is Rin in my opinion), but she provably has the best story around her and the she is the heroine of the best route story wise, Heaven's Feel (though it's not the best route romance side).
Aug 22, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
Characters like her would usually tick me off a lot, but I personally feel like the way they unraveled her in the movies so far makes her a much more interesting character. Cause underneath all the cotton candy and chocolate she shows on the outside, there's nothing but a fucking time bomb and squirming bugs on the inside (like, literally)
Aug 22, 2019 1:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
vegeta8639 said:
She's the best out of the main 3 heroines (Saber, Rin and Sakuya) but overall there's better girls like Illya or Rider.
On her own though she's pretty okay so I'll have to disagree with you on the main point.

With HF I do feel that Sakura beat Rin for me, mainly due because I loved her tragic romance with Shirou, I think they both together make up for much better and more compelling characters than it would be each alone, or just Rin x Shirou.
HF is by far the most interesting development for Shirou IMO and Illya is the best girl here, proving also that she is the best Onee-chan, pity she didnt got that much highlights in II.

Rider9530 said:
She is the worst one from the main 3 heroines (the best one is Rin in my opinion), but she provably has the best story around her and the she is the heroine of the best route story wise, Heaven's Feel (though it's not the best route romance side).

Hope you are not saying Fate's route has the best romance... from a traditional point UBW is amazing and the ship follows the tradition of having a great tsundere plus great romance, action and pacing, whereas HF feels something more unique, dark, risky, insane and fucked, which is why I ended liking the route more too.
There is nothing wrong with UBW route, it achieves almost flawess perfection, but for me best romance is Heaven's Feel by everything I said, it had the balls to do something like that and executed it in every way I wanted, exceeding also my expectations with a really amazing ending... from all FSN routes, only Fate's ending was trash, the rest are worth it of the time you spend reading them.
PlaycoolAug 22, 2019 1:27 PM
Aug 22, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2018
Playcool said:
vegeta8639 said:

With HF I do feel that Sakura beat Rin for me, mainly due because I loved her tragic romance with Shirou, I think they both together make up for much better and more compelling characters than it would be each alone, or just Rin x Shirou.
HF is by far the most interesting development for Shirou IMO and Illya is the best girl here, proving also that she is the best Onee-chan, pity she didnt got that much highlights in II.

Rider9530 said:

Hope you are not saying Fate's route has the best romance... from a traditional point UBW is amazing and the ship follows the tradition of having a great tsundere plus great romance, action and pacing, whereas HF feels something more unique, dark, risky, insane and fucked, which is why I ended liking the route more too.
There is nothing wrong with UBW route, it achieves almost flawess perfection, but for me best romance is Heaven's Feel by everything I said, it had the balls to do something like that and executed it in every way I wanted, exceeding also my expectations with a really amazing ending... from all FSN routes, only Fate's ending was trash, the rest are worth it of the time you spend reading them.

Like i said, i prefer HF on the story side but i don't want sakura to be shirou partner... i prefer rin from UBW on the romance side.
fate route is the weakest one on romance and in story.
Aug 22, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:

I actually haven't even seen the second movie yet but I guess the BD's out so I guess I should be able to soon. Illya gets shafted as usually I see. Nothing new there. Hopefully she'll get some screen time if they adapt Hollow/Ataraxia next or even a Fate remake.
Oh and I hate UBW because I'm just that petty.
Aug 22, 2019 3:13 PM
Oct 2015
Yeah its best character not shallow like rest off them
Mr stupid justice shirou
Baka tohsaka
"i regret" servants saber and archer
After all this shit what happend to sakura its no suprise she get crazy

"she's spent the 11 years being thrown to rape worms, and at least three years being raped by her adopted brother"
HF is best route
But in fandom are many stupid people that hate sakura
Aug 23, 2019 12:12 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Why do people hate sakura? She’s so kind and sweet. She’s “angsty” because she’s been suffering at the hands of Zouken and Shinji for ten years. Being raped by those worms will fuck up her of course. I completely agree with what @shayon said.

“Equally as bad as Shinji”. In what alternate universe do you live in, OP? Shinji is a rapist scumbag and is literal human garbage.
LeonhartAugustAug 23, 2019 12:16 AM
Aug 23, 2019 5:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I always found her very annoying but I mean it makes sense given her role in the story so it's understandable. She's more obnoxious in the first half when she's just a senpai machine though; towards the end after certain plot events have occured that's not as much of an issue anymore
Aug 23, 2019 6:14 AM

Oct 2014
HaXXspetten said:
She's more obnoxious in the first half when she's just a senpai machine though

the senpai spam only adds to her charm

someone who prefers onii-chan or baka wouldn't understand
Aug 23, 2019 6:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Shayon said:
HaXXspetten said:
She's more obnoxious in the first half when she's just a senpai machine though

the senpai spam only adds to her charm

someone who prefers onii-chan or baka wouldn't understand
:thonk:

It's more about the obsessiveness than the specific phrasing though :p
Aug 25, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
Sakura has always been the least favourite of the 3 heroines. You could have figured that out by looking at the character favourite stats:

Saber: 23,500
Rin: 11,700
Sakura: 1,500

MeisterDM said:
Why do people hate sakura? She’s so kind and sweet. She’s “angsty” because she’s been suffering at the hands of Zouken and Shinji for ten years. Being raped by those worms will fuck up her of course. I completely agree with what @shayon said.

“Equally as bad as Shinji”. In what alternate universe do you live in, OP? Shinji is a rapist scumbag and is literal human garbage.

It all comes down to empathy. People dislike what they don't understand and people do not understand Sakura. End of story.
Aug 25, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2014
WhaleCostume said:
Sakura has always been the least favourite of the 3 heroines. You could have figured that out by looking at the character favourite stats:

Saber: 23,500
Rin: 11,700
Sakura: 1,500

Sakura's favorites were at 1234 before the BD release of the movie, and probably even lower before.
both Saber and Rin have benefited from having an actual role in Fate anime for 12+ years, whereas Sakura is an irrelevant side character in their routes.

also, MAL isn't the most accurate indicator for the popularity of FSN heroines

WhaleCostume said:
It all comes down to empathy. People dislike what they don't understand and people do not understand Sakura. End of story.

some of that is because they can't be bothered to try understanding her character and only look at things on a surface level
Aug 25, 2019 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Sakura is a wormslut and Shirou should have stayed with his ideals instead of abandoning his integrity to save such a disturbed bitch.
Aug 25, 2019 3:32 PM

Aug 2009
You are one of those guys that say Casca enjoyed it aren't you?
Aug 25, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2008
I don't find her whiny but I do like Rin better.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Aug 26, 2019 1:58 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:

yeah, because UBW doesn't exist for that, and his future as a hero in HF route is looking pretty happy

once again I'm glad to be a part of this shite fandom
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jan 15, 2019

487 by ToG25thBaam »»
Apr 15, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM

» Help

Ginsoka - Aug 4, 2021

1 by TheDeadmanII »»
Aug 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.