Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2013
Sentai Filmworks announced the English dub cast of Nomad's gender bender anime Kämpfer through a promotional video on Thursday. Shannon Reed will serve as the ADR director. The company will release the series, in addition to the two-episode special and picture drama, on Blu-ray on May 28.

Cast
Natsuru Senou (Female): Sabrina Owen
Natsuru Senou (Male): Howard Wang
Kaede Sakura: Avery Smithhart
Akane Mishima: Brittney Karbowski
Shizuku Sangou, Bakuhatsu Penguin: Katelyn Barr
Mikoto Kondou: Christina Kelly
Harakiri Tora: Margaret McDonald
Seppuku Kuro Usagi: Juliet Simmons
Kanden Yamaneko: Kira Vincent-Davis
Chissoku Norainu: Savannah Menzel
Raion Hiaburi: Andrew Love
Mikihito Higashida: Joe Daniels
Hitomi Minagawa: Shelby Blocker
Masumi Nishino: Maggie Flecknoe
Rika Ueda: Natalie Rial
Ryouka Yamakawa: Caitlynn French
Sayaka Nakao: Christie Guidry
Class Rep: Carli Mosier
Vice-Rep: Allison Sumrall
Kaikei: Elissa Cuellar

Kämpfer is based on the light novel written by Toshihiko Tsukiji and illustrated by Senmu. It began publishing in November 2006 and ended in March 2010 with 15 volumes. The 12-episode TV anime adaptation aired in Fall 2009, which Sentai Filmworks previously released the anime on DVD and Blu-ray in 2011 and 2015, respectively.

PV

Source: Official site
Sakana-sanOct 19, 2019 9:59 AM
May 2, 2019 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Surprised to see this in 2019.
May 2, 2019 4:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wait what the fuck? this anime isn't dubbed lol?

this was the first anime i watched online twice... oh boy was i ALL OVER this show
May 2, 2019 4:55 PM
Aug 2018
LMAO a whole decade later
May 2, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
crazy how its been a decade and it still looks better than most highly regarded anime of today.

not a bad choice of dubs.
May 2, 2019 5:02 PM

Mar 2010
thought we were getting a new remake for a sec
May 2, 2019 5:21 PM

Feb 2014
I don't think anyone was expecting to hear about this anime again this way.
May 2, 2019 5:56 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Sentai has been picking up some trash tier anime to dub lately and I for the life of me cannot figure out why?
May 2, 2019 6:26 PM

Aug 2016
From what I heard from the preview I actually like this dub a lot more than the original Japanese voices. Think this'll give me a good excuse to go and rewatch the series too, I'm surprisingly pretty hyped for this
May 2, 2019 7:04 PM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Okay, this just happened.
May 3, 2019 12:02 AM

Jun 2012
Thought it was a sequel news........ Its still surprising though.
May 3, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2010
Who knows maybe the dub will attract enough attention to raise interest in a second season(I know unlikely but a person can dream right).
MysteryFan89May 3, 2019 8:50 AM
May 3, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2012
I hope it get 2nd season. I loved Kampfer a lot !!
May 3, 2019 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yes, I cannot wait for this.

One of my first anime is getting a dub.

The gender bender aspect should be interesting.

ahahahah

Recently good anime have been receiving good things so I am very happy.
May 3, 2019 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
Why are they even bothering? I mean I guess no harm but it's weird to see them bother picking up a very old and pretty poorly received series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 4, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2016
I'm confused why they would pull a decade old show and give it an English dub now, but hey, one of my first animes gets some treatment. Maybe they'll actually finish the second season, who knows? Doubt it.

May 4, 2019 7:36 AM
Feb 2019
I'm ashamed of whoever made this decision. There are alot of other better shows that can get dubs, why they choose this dumpster fire.
May 4, 2019 9:44 AM

Nov 2013
please stop talking shit about kampfer
May 4, 2019 1:06 PM

Jan 2018
kind of shocking. Kampfer was one of the first (if not THE first) anime that I had so much hope for that let me down so much. I usually go at everything with a positive attitude, and this one had tons of potential, but just couldn't produce on it. Maybe a season 2 could have cleared that up. I can only hope a dub means possibly another season at some point, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...
You can make me grow old, but you can never make me grow up!
May 4, 2019 5:17 PM
May 2018
HunLepto said:
I'm ashamed of whoever made this decision. There are alot of other better shows that can get dubs, why they choose this dumpster fire.

Exactly. This anime is trash not to mention it has one of, if not the stupidest and dense MC's of all time.
May 4, 2019 11:31 PM
Feb 2013
Lmao, why though? Did the subbed discs actually sell so well that they wanted to rerelease it years later dubbed?
prawnprowlerMay 4, 2019 11:51 PM
May 5, 2019 4:25 AM

Dec 2016

Imagine releasing a decade old series in dub, that isn't even considered a classic/popular by anime standards, when the same amount of effort and money could easily be spent into dubbing any 2018 series that was picked up by Sentai. Which, needless to say, would have sold better than this show's DVDs or whatever the fuck it is that Sentai is selling.
May 6, 2019 7:36 AM

Mar 2017
I'm surprised that people are actually still looking at this anime.

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
May 8, 2019 9:31 PM

Feb 2019
Well that's really surprising...I mean the series is not that popular and they decided to release the dub TEN years later?
May 10, 2019 11:42 AM
Apr 2017
this anime is a classic. im still hoping it gets a remake or a season 2 one day.
May 21, 2019 11:03 AM
Jul 2017
Man, the ending didn't make no sense. Can Natsuru just remain one gender which is a man and have a harem with Akane, Mikoto, and Shizuku? Have all his masculinity and be an Alpha Male. And he should go kill Kaede Sakura for being a snake ass dyke bitch.
May 27, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
Only remembered Kampfer because of the gender-bender premise. Don't have anything against ecchi or harem, but this anime was just plain forgettable. I don't recall the sales for it being good either, so not sure why Sentai thinks this series can turn a profit.
May 27, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Skittles said:
Only remembered Kampfer because of the gender-bender premise. Don't have anything against ecchi or harem, but this anime was just plain forgettable. I don't recall the sales for it being good either, so not sure why Sentai thinks this series can turn a profit.

Bro, the yuri scenes were the best part.
Jun 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
I got to attend the special screening of Ep.1-3 of the dub at Alamo Drafthouse La Centerra in Katy, TX, with Margret MacDonald, Katelyn Barr & Shannon Reed in attendance. The audience enjoyed it because the dub dialogue is really funny and the show is ridiculous. HIDIVE already has all the episodes + OVA streaming (including the new dub) since it's such an old show. I went ahead an binged it all this week and the 2 OVAs. Wow, the OVAs ratchet up the ecchi fanservice, too (not that I'm complaining).

Kämpfer was a fun romp, though putting it all on HIDIVE did potentially cost them a Blu-Ray sale from me.

Based on a LN, it's clear the anime only covers a small fraction of the original story. I enjoyed it but found it sometimes a little frustrating.

Polyamory and open, honest discussion could've fixed nearly all the rom-com conflicts....date Kaede as a girl half the time and date Akane as a boy because that's what each wants. Childhood friend loses because Fundamental Law of Anime, duh. Madame President reminds me of Hitagi Senjougahara, only if Senjougahara had made the first move instead of Araragi-kun.

The premise is interesting but under-developed and usually just played for cheap laughs. Vaguely reminds me of Ranma 1/2 but I haven't seen enough of that classic to make a fair comparison.

This isn't the first old show Sentai Filmworks has gone back to in order to dub; they did this for Maria+Holic as well.

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 9 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.