Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2019 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
At first, she didn't annoy me that much but after more episodes she keeps acting the same way till it gets old and made me had enough about her, i know all azumanga characters don't have some crazy character development since it's a comedy anime and they all stick to the same personality till the end but i found them all are fine and didn't bother me that much except Tomo imo. It's not like to the point i would hate her or anything but i just dislike some of her personalty, like the way she keeps disturb anyone over and over again, being jealous to people who having fun without her while she never experienced it, and being so loud in almost every her screentimes. At that point i just feel so bad to Yomi, which the person she annoys a lot, everytime Yomi was having fun she seems doesn't like it and try to upset her..

But it's just my opinion about her, idk about you guys..
Apr 21, 2019 1:47 PM
May 2018
yes, he becomes annoying, but we all have annoying classmates, i think he was added because of realism UwU
swagiuliApr 21, 2019 1:53 PM
May 9, 2019 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
Tomo is not that bad, I too despise that sort of character but she doesn't annoy me that much. Osaka is more annoying to me because she acts like she's on strong drugs all the time.
May 31, 2019 2:19 AM

Jul 2016
She is annoying. I find Osaka and Chiyo to be my favorites. Sakaki is decent. Kaorin is pretty awesome and the male teacher is the funniest character. Female teachers are also pretty great.

Sep 21, 2021 3:01 AM
Nov 2020
I know I'm like 2 years late to the party but agreed, she is almost unredeemable annoying, although the thing that baffles me is how neither in the manga or show does she have some kind of 'redemption arc'.

I thought for sure in the episode with Kagura and chiyo out on their walk/Nyanmo and Yukari out on the town, that there would be something about how or why Yomi and Tomo are still friends, I wasn't expecting Tomo to explain why she's the way she is or something but it was weird that the who point of the scene was basically 'haha, Yomi is fat and writes into radio shows!' which is absolutely bizzare to me, especially with how much character development we get from the others.
Feb 3, 8:58 PM

Apr 2023
Necroing this post just to say...

THAT'S THE POINT.

C'mon, yall. This show is fundamentally founded on character tropes, and Tomo is supposed to be the loud, obnoxious classmate. Of course she is going to do loud and obnoxious things, often to the dismay of others.

A significant theme of the show, lighthearted as it is, is that despite personal differences you can still be friends with all sorts of folks. Likewise, a lesson that can be drawn from Tomo's character is that having disagreements between friends is okay, and often necessary to truly understand and accept each other. It's wearing your heart on your sleeve - you don't really do it for strangers, but for your friends you're more willing to, even if plenty of your character is, frankly, annoying.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 18, 2007

82 by Sp00kyIsyraf »»
May 13, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 13, 2008

68 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
May 13, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 7, 2008

98 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
May 13, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 25, 2008

69 by KitsuFrost »»
May 13, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 18, 2008

82 by Maxifjto »»
May 8, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.