Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 23, 2008 4:02 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Episode 7 of Spice & Wolf is a DVD only episode that didn't air on TV. The episode count was adjusted from 13 to 12 accordingly.

However, renaming the topic for the latest episode to fit into the new frame would cause confusion. So we are changing the episode count back to 13 and will not set the anime to 'Finished Airing' before the DVD-Only episode is out. This seemed to be the best solution, the DVD-only episode will be regarded as Episode 7 so the latest episode until today (Feb 24th 2008) is episode 8.

We realize that your list now says you watched 8 episodes when you've actually watched only 7 episodes but this is the lesser of two evils. Ignore it for now.

The seperate database entry for the DVD-Only episode will be deleted.
LunaDec 22, 2015 5:50 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 25, 2008 2:04 PM
Aug 2007
In regards to the sticky posted here...I thought the 'Airing' tag wouldn't be removed until the DVD is released? As far as I know, the DVD wasn't released, but if it was, could somebody tell me? :P

Thanks. :)
- Vince.
cyruzApr 1, 2008 8:18 AM
Mar 25, 2008 2:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't know who changed it. I even left an additional note. It has been un-done, thanks.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 25, 2008 2:16 PM
Aug 2007
OH, alright. Just making sure I wasn't falling behind. Thank you.
Mar 27, 2008 5:15 AM

Dec 2007
I think you should let people classify it as "completed" because the seventh episode is not important for the story.

Thank you.
Apr 1, 2008 7:36 AM

Nov 2007
Uhm, it's set as "Completed" now, which is quite bothersome for me since I don't feel I have finished it until I watch episode 7.
Apr 1, 2008 8:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Gah, I apologize. Some staff members seem incapable of reading. I'll change it again for the fourth time.

Merged the topics.
cyruzApr 1, 2008 8:15 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 7, 2008 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
Cyruz and Shiranai provided some good information about this situation in answer to my query in a different forum and I thought it would be useful to have here as well since it cleared up my confusion about this situation.

Shiranai said:
Because this is a special case. I'm pretty sure there has never been another anime where the creators up and decided that an episode half way through the series would be DVD only. Since there was a preview for it in the previous episode, it still counts as part of the series. Making that episode into an OVA would be too much confusion for anyone who decides to start the series later after the DVD only episode is released.

cyruz said:
Reading through everything again made me think, the only thing we didn't set this to Completed yet was because the OVA episode is not out, so users don't discuss episode 7 which is actually episode 8. The topic can be created manually anytime though.

See, if users update an episode via the '+' on their Animelists, the forum checks topic IDs and then tells the user if a topic has been made about this episode, and if that's the case the users are redirected to that topic if they wish. If we adjust the episode count now, the topic titles won't make sense anymore. Editing them wouldn't work either, then the Discussion Popup on your list would mess things up further. There is still a high chance of people discussing this anime.

I do realize this is a special case, and I think I've explained why we acted like we acted back then. We could probably change this entry to completed, but there will be no OVA entry this time around, due to the forum settings connected to this. Once it's out, we will add the special information to the Anime Synopsis, this should be clear enough since everyone who wants to watch the DVD episode will need to know Spice and Wolf and therefore they will need to drop by that page some time.

Thanks for the information and clearing up the confusion on this situation.
insomnicApr 7, 2008 12:12 PM
Apr 12, 2008 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
About this anime I'm sure I have been completed this one. That's the one I'm don't have seen is the DVD Only.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 17, 2008 9:04 AM
Mar 2008
I have a question is there a season 2 comming out or are there only 13 eps??
Apr 17, 2008 9:09 AM

Nov 2007
Suncrest said:
I have a question is there a season 2 comming out or are there only 13 eps??

There has been no sequel announcement yet, but the chances are reasonably good we will see more. Just don't expect it any time soon.
Apr 20, 2008 6:18 AM
Dec 2007
Shiranai said:
Because this is a special case. I'm pretty sure there has never been another anime where the creators up and decided that an episode half way through the series would be DVD only. Since there was a preview for it in the previous episode, it still counts as part of the series. Making that episode into an OVA would be too much confusion for anyone who decides to start the series later after the DVD only episode is released.
------------------------

Well, Clannad is almost the same, but there is a seperate entry for the OVA.
Apr 20, 2008 6:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yes, as I just said. That's usually how OVA's are handled. We've covered that already.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2008 11:46 PM

Mar 2007
...so much fuss over one dvd release

personally would have left it as completed and alone and switched it afterwards.

things like this happen all the time.

Black jack released those lost episodes,
Haruhi's episode count was supposed to be out of order,
then theres all those 1/2 episodes that get released on dvd (kind of like this one, REC, Steel Angel Kurumi, Tenjo Tenge, etc etc) where they're supposed to happen between episodes 6 and 7 or something...
its just a number dunno why its a special case ^_^

dont bother replying jus my 2 cents

EDIT: and i just "completed" the show just now which is why im putting in my 2 cents... since the show finished just fine w/o episode 7 i could understand if it was like the last episode but who cares its more than likely a filler ep ^_^
RanivusApr 21, 2008 11:50 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 28, 2008 9:21 PM

Jul 2007
I think it should be moved into Completed, as i have finished watching it and want to clean up my Watching list..
Apr 28, 2008 9:23 PM

Nov 2007
Frenz said:
I think it should be moved into Completed, as i have finished watching it and want to clean up my Watching list..

Put it in on-hold then, if you want it off watching list. That's what I did.
May 10, 2008 11:09 AM

Jun 2007
I guess the dvd-only episode isn't released yet? Or it is released but it hasn't been subbed yet?
May 11, 2008 7:57 AM

Mar 2007
YoshikoHatake said:
I guess the dvd-only episode isn't released yet? Or it is released but it hasn't been subbed yet?

Not released. The last DVD will be released on August 29.
Edit:
I'm likely mistaken on this, it could be released on the third DVD or something.
SobzobMay 12, 2008 12:24 PM
May 14, 2008 9:44 AM

Mar 2007
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=4421
Moetan has a dvd only episode shouldnt we leave that show on currently watching too?

...all this sht doesnt make sense.

mah this guy likes doin stuff his own way.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 14, 2008 10:04 AM

Mar 2005
Ranivus said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=4421
Moetan has a dvd only episode shouldnt we leave that show on currently watching too?

...all this sht doesnt make sense.

mah this guy likes doin stuff his own way.
those dvd eps came out as well
May 18, 2008 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
Ultimately its idiotic to list an anime as currently airing while awaiting an episode that will never "Air" or reach the airwaves. DVD episodes are exactly that. DVD releases ....and TV releases are "Aired" or sent over the airwaves.

May 19, 2008 12:32 AM

Nov 2007
So what if this episode never will come out? In my opinion the series is finished.

May 19, 2008 6:51 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, please. The 3rd DVD which contains episode 7 will come out on May 30th. You can put the show "On Hold" if you'd rather not have it on your currently watching list. You can even skip episode 7 altogether if the idea of watching it out of order bothers you so much.
May 22, 2008 10:57 PM

Dec 2007
I'm probably going to wait for the seventh episode, before i go past the 6th one i mean, i'm only going onto the 5th today anyways. As for the series being finish(i don't know how it ends as of yet), i doubt they somehow chunked all 8 light novels into a measly 13 episodes =/
Jun 8, 2008 3:38 PM

Jun 2007
AikoD said:
Oh, please. The 3rd DVD which contains episode 7 will come out on May 30th. You can put the show "On Hold" if you'd rather not have it on your currently watching list. You can even skip episode 7 altogether if the idea of watching it out of order bothers you so much.

Common sense tells you that the trend of making DVD episodes is only going to go up. So if people make it a habit of putting series in limbo whenever an episode is held back to make the studio a few more dollars in DVD sales.

In addition now MyAnime list is the only Anime database with incorrect airdates listed for this series. I prefer to find factual information on database sites. The final aired episode was on March 26th 2008 this is a FACT.

Jul 26, 2008 11:19 AM
Jul 2008
Where do you go to watch the 7th episode of Spice and wolf?
May 17, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2013
cyruz said:
Episode 7 of Spice & Wolf is a DVD only episode that didn't air on TV. The episode count was adjusted from 13 to 12 accordingly.

However, renaming the topic for the latest episode to fit into the new frame would cause confusion. So we are changing the episode count back to 13 and will not set the anime to 'Finished Airing' before the DVD-Only episode is out. This seemed to be the best solution, the DVD-only episode will be regarded as Episode 7 so the latest episode until today (Feb 24th 2008) is episode 8.

We realize that your list now says you watched 8 episodes when you've actually watched only 7 episodes but this is the lesser of two evils. Ignore it for now.

The seperate database entry for the DVD-Only episode will be deleted.

DVD only episode? Which episode would it technically be? 27?
Dec 3, 2020 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
I know this is a 12 year old thread, but the entry for spice and wolf links here and shouldn't by the current standards of the site this "dvd only episode" be listed as a special and not part of the main entry?
May 11, 6:22 AM

Jan 2011
Kristiwazhere said:
I know this is a 12 year old thread, but the entry for spice and wolf links here and shouldn't by the current standards of the site this "dvd only episode" be listed as a special and not part of the main entry?
I agree. I'd have thought it would of already been separated, or I should say, separated again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
May 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gwertzman - Feb 6, 2008

131 by 0451 »»
May 1, 5:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.