Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2019 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Yuuki's back and while she starts depressed, the girl is slowly rebuilding his confidence again somewhat. I'm not really sold into her character yet but she still seems to be like her usual self.

Yuuki as a baby though is super cute. Got to see some more of tragic storytelling again and this point, I'm pretty sure the show will have plenty more of those.
Jan 25, 2019 6:56 AM
Feb 2017
Looklike Stela is Leila's Daugther

Has she Amnesia?
She Psiko?
RisMaxJan 25, 2019 10:33 AM
Jan 25, 2019 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
This episode clearly suggested that Stella is Reina's daughter the question is wether she really is her daughter and if she is how did she end up on the enemies side.
Judging from the past few episodes it seems clear that Yuuki's forces are losing a lot of ground and unless something changes they will probably lose the war.
Which makes me wonder will they come up with something that saves them from defeat will make peace or will they surrender.
So far tho things have been pretty interesting.
Jan 25, 2019 9:25 AM

Apr 2016
I'm sooooo impressed with the story-telling :
In any normal shounen story, if one MC decides to make a rescue operation, thanks plot armor they would make it a success and it would make the MC looks good.

Here it ends in complete failure, they couldn't save the civilians, they even lost more soldiers. Good intention is not enough. Wishful thinking is not enoug. You can just compare with other series from this season, the difference is huge !!! It's just the complete opposite.
From a writing point of view, it's definitely more interesting and surprising than the normal shounen.

Also interesting to learn that both sides of this war were still working together few years ago.

And on a side note : indeed, there are many hints pointing at the fact that Stella is probably Leila Etoile's daughter. Let's hope they can reunite without one of them (Leila) dying.
Jan 25, 2019 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
The Princess is going to have to learn that not everyone can be saved, and even if they can that some sacrifices are going to have to be made.

I like how they're building up the people around the Princess with these character moments, nothing groundbreaking but it makes for a more interesting story. If the anime wants me to sympathize with the other side, like I'm assuming they will based on the opening, there's going to have to be a change somewhere. Still worried they're going to pull some Stockholm syndrome stuff, but we'll see.
Jan 25, 2019 9:59 AM

Mar 2015
This show gets better with each episode.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2015
Both side are doing wrong things, but I still can't see how the scumbag revolutionaries side can be any right. There is a lot of episodes yet. I hope Stella gives her mom a hug and stop all that bullcrap soon.

They are trying to do some kind of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but so far there is clearly just a Vilains and a Heroes, and that's kind of boring.
Jan 25, 2019 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
man I know she’s a kid but I don’t like yuuki as of now, she doesn’t clearly understand the nature of war and how you can’t save everyone. she’ll have to learn that, and I think I’d tolerate her more if she does
Jan 25, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
I still cannot get used to the fact that Yuki's VA has a deeper singing voice than Stella, which is why OP creates the impression that the first isn't loli, but a very short adult woman.
Jan 25, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2018
This war has been completely one-sided so far. Something needs to change soon or they'll lose everything.

I wonder if Stella remembers anything about her mother or where she's from.
Jan 25, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
It becomes interesting and intriguing, but at the same time somewhat too melodramatic. It remains only to add tragic twincest between the twins or to turn Yuki into an anti-hero killer, so that the degree of drama will exceed the maximum level.

tokidoki921 said:
This war has been completely one-sided so far. Something needs to change soon or they'll lose everything.

I wonder if Stella remembers anything about her mother or where she's from.

In connection with this reveal, it becomes interesting to me if this doesn't mean that Stella will go over to the side of the Empire and save Yuki from her former comrades or goverment. On the other hand, now I am even more interested in how old she is. Her mother should be 30-40 old, but damn, she looks about 20 years old.
RobertBobertJan 25, 2019 11:56 AM
Jan 25, 2019 11:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That flashback was heavy. Literally like a terrorist attack going off.

Layla for sure is confirmed to be Stella's mom. She doesn't even know she's alive and being on the enemy side. And i'm pretty sure that Yuki and Stella meet through Layla. Question is, will Layla survive this though, i have a bad feeling about it really.

Yuki was shown the painful truth, her cries were really hard to listen to.

But it had to be done, Layla handled this well IMO, she threw her right into the war side of things after letting her cry about Joshua without stopping to get her to grow.
Jan 25, 2019 12:20 PM
Mar 2017
Poor Yuuki, the terrible consequences of the war make the little princess lose hope more. In addition Yuuki feels hurt not only by the death of Joshua, but also because Harold, Izana and Layla hid the truth about the war against the empire of Grandiga, this also prevents Yuuki from making correct decisions.
The empire of Grandiga advances and conquers more cities of Soleil, while they defeats the troops of Soleil.
Layla's past was very tragic, she lost her husband and her daughter, but because of the details that were shown in these last episodes it is already clear that Stella is Layla's daughter, but the main question is how did she get to Grandiga ? (my answer is, Gail Owens). I liked seeing how Layla recovers thanks to Yuuki, after her great loss the little princess seemed a light of hope for this woman.
In the end the evacuation of the cities advances positively and Yuuki takes the decision to see the evacuation proceeding, but a group of citizens remains to fight against the empire and Yuuki orders their rescue. Things seemed very good but the rescue failed and we ended up with Yuuki even more depressed and sad.

I do not want to have illusions that Layla and Stella will meet, when they show the past of a character in a war anime it's a death flag secure, and seeing how cold blood Stella is, I'm sure she would end up killing Layla before she knows Layla is her mother.
The point is that this episode worked as character development and a really good episode. The next episode tells me that we will see Stella and her squadron again (which means there will be more deaths and attacks on the people of Soleil)
Jan 25, 2019 12:51 PM
Jan 2017
omg this fucking yuki bitch
Jan 25, 2019 12:54 PM
Jan 2017
she doesnt suit as princess such a waste she should be dead and someone should lead
Jan 25, 2019 1:09 PM

Feb 2016
What now? Does Yuki have any more chess piece left? This is becoming a death festival. It keeps intriguing.
Jan 25, 2019 1:22 PM

Feb 2016
Wow, this anime does indeed gets better with each episode. Layla's past was really sad and boy, hearing Yuki's cries are heart wrenching

saengdao said:
man I know she’s a kid but I don’t like yuuki as of now, she doesn’t clearly understand the nature of war and how you can’t save everyone. she’ll have to learn that, and I think I’d tolerate her more if she does

dark_reunion said:
she doesnt suit as princess such a waste she should be dead and someone should lead

That was the whole point of this episode, to show her the crude truth of war she didn't know until now. She'll get better after this, at least, that's what I hope.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Hoping this is where Yuki turns a corner with the realization of what comes with being the leader of a nation and the things that are required/shouldered.

There were plenty of feels this episode, so im interested to see how that comes into play in the story in the future.
Jan 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
I think that it's a good thing Yuki saw all that destruction and death at the end.

Now she has learnt what war is all about and hopefully she realizes the consequences of her actions.

Looks like this war is going to continue for quite a while longer by the looks of it.
Jan 25, 2019 4:46 PM
Oct 2008
You can tell that Stella is Leila's daughter by the fact that young Stella is holding fish in Leila's flashback, and if you see in the opening you see Stella holding fish. I wonder how this revelation is going to effect the show.
Jan 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Apr 2012
Would love to see more Leila and Stella's drama.
にゃす!
Jan 25, 2019 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
I feel sorry for Yukki, having to endure such a heavy burden of the whole kingdom as such a young age. Her parents left early for her to be prepared for such decisions. Her pillar of strength Joshua has left her too, it is kinda sad and I understand her naivety. At the moment I get her character and I don't hate her. The only time I would hate her is when in the end she doesn't grow as a character and still remain the same.

It is still early to hate her.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 25, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2018
You just want to give Yuki a hug. Such a heavy burned was dropped onto her.... poor girl.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 25, 2019 6:49 PM

Jun 2010
I'm really hoping the turn this story takes is that we have Stella fighting on the front lines, in her robot, from the perspective of a typical special forces troop, vs Yuuki who is behind main command, giving tactical directions. I don't think I've ever seen a mecha show like this where one of the main characters of the show was a tactical commander, instead of a front line troop.
Jan 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
So obviously Stella is Liela's missing daughter from 12 years ago. I thought they had to be related but I didn't think mother/daughter.

I'm kinda triggered at Crunchyroll not knowing the difference between Yuki and Yuuki. They're clearly saying Yuuki and the meaning is different than if it was Yuki. Edit: clarification. Yuuki means "courage" while Yuki means "snow". Her name being "courage" is intentional and meaningful to who she is/will be in the story. So it's really bad localization to not spell her name correctly.
KougeruJan 25, 2019 9:17 PM
Jan 25, 2019 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
didn't expect the Stella being Leila's daughter but how many girls carry around a fish globe

being a 12 year old "commanding" a army is nothing but suffering those poor men getting sent back just to die due to naivete

this show really has been my dark horse of the season is getting better than i thought
Jan 25, 2019 11:07 PM
Dec 2010
dark_reunion said:
omg this fucking yuki bitch

And that my friend is why it was a complete joke they took orders from her to begin with.

Clearly the show foreshadowed her ability to lead and think during that early mock battle, but this has been a giant waste of time since then.
Jan 26, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2007
So that's what really happened to Yuki's parents, sad. And it's a brutal those soldiers and terrorists shooting each other at point blank range.

Yuki only wanted to save those men. Unfortunately, she get's to learn the reality of war.. cannot be always a happy ending as the Larva unit get killed along with the people they are trying to rescue. Hard lesson, but Yuki now knows that she should not order careless rescue missions again.
Jan 26, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2007
Nemesis_Ranka said:
You just want to give Yuki a hug. Such a heavy burned was dropped onto her.... poor girl.

Yeah, what happened at the end was a tragic rescue mission. Although, on the positive side of it.. at least Yuki would now think twice before ordering her soldiers to do something foolish again. If this rescue was succesful, I'm sure she will keep giving careless orders until a tragedy happens.
Liddo-kunJan 26, 2019 6:17 AM
Jan 26, 2019 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
katsu044 said:

being a 12 year old "commanding" a army is nothing but suffering those poor men getting sent back just to die due to naivete

this show really has been my dark horse of the season is getting better than i thought

Good thing Harold was in command and sensible enough not to send in more of their soldiers to die.

Yeah, it's getting good. Can't wait for next week. :)
Jan 26, 2019 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
It's definitely the most underrated anime this season.

"If you desire peace, you must prepare for war." Princess will eventually learn that.

Jan 26, 2019 11:01 AM

May 2018
Ok, so according to the backstory the kingdom of Soleil and Grandiga worked together as one before , so who were those terrorist who messed things up???? I smell a conspiracy

Ok so if Etolie has a daughter, how Stella end up with them Grandiga when etolie embraced her during the explosion, if she is alive then Stella would have been right besides her also alive????

So far Yuuki hasn't accepted the reality of war.
Jan 26, 2019 4:46 PM

May 2009
Why do I a feeling that Stella will kill or withess killing her mother?
Jan 26, 2019 7:03 PM

Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
Why do I a feeling that Stella will kill or withess killing her mother?

thats how itll go down
Jan 26, 2019 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
oh well! In this war, nothing good is happening for princess Soleil...
i wonder if there's no peace on this realm?
3/5.

Jan 27, 2019 1:46 AM

Mar 2017
This show is getting more and more depressing.
Ruling a country in it's war state and suddenly learning the cruelty of war is a bit too much for a kid to handle. But Yuki should really learn to get her shits together. It's going to be a little annoying to watch her unless she grows up as a character.
Etoile's past events were really tragic.
Jan 27, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Ok so if Etolie has a daughter, how Stella end up with them Grandiga when etolie embraced her during the explosion, if she is alive then Stella would have been right besides her also alive????

I think it's a direction's mistake. Probably one scene is missing. Indeed, Stella (if it's Stella) was in Leila's arm when the terrorist triggered the bomb's detonator, but we see Leila tried to reach out to her husband at that moment and we can suppose she let go of her kid for one second before the blocks of the roof fell.

Since it was a gathering from scientists from the Soleil Kingdom and the Grandiga Empire, it's possible that one of the scientist from the empire who survived the bombing took Stella (probably injured -- > amnesia ?) and escaped.

All that are suppositions until the relationship between Leila and Stella is confirmed.
Jan 27, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
This is a one sided war. They have already utilized all of the secret weapons as far as we know. This is turning into a beating of a dead horse.

Damn Stella is most likely the daughter of Leila . That should be interesting in the upcoming episodes. I could see Stella killing Leila
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 27, 2019 5:28 PM
Mar 2017
I give it 2/5. It felt like a filler / recap episode.

This episode spent 20 long minutes to tell us that Yuuki was a sheltered from a lot of the conflict because of Leila and Joshua (stuff that was already established), that the threat of the opposition is heightening (also kind of established too), and a hint that Stella might be Leila's daughter from Leila's backstory.

This anime suffers from a lack of character development and a clear protagonist... I mean they did some ok character development on Joshua and then killed him off in ep. 2. I like battlemechs and wartime amine, but 4 episodes in and I really don't give a crap about any of these characters.

And who is the protagonist? (I know its Stella and Yuuki from the opener and the MAL character sheet.) but If I didn't have that I'd still be puzzling over the following.
ep. 1? Joshua? Yuuki?
ep. 2? Joshua? (well not any more)
ep. 3? Gail? Stella? (Stella, but only cause of the ep. title.)
ep. 4? Yuuki? Leila?
Jan 28, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2012
Most underrated anime in this season
Jan 29, 2019 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Erm. Looks like people missed the pioint here by saying Stella is on the enemy side. It is Leyla who now is on enemy side technically as she is originally from Grandiga.
Jan 30, 2019 8:07 AM

Dec 2018
Who cry in this episode??
Because I did, I love Yuuki secretary backstory, it was so emotional what she been through losing her husband and daughter, and going through something like that.
I love taking care of Yukki was second start of living again, ( yes joshua/ yuuki our so cute) I love how this show moving along, and tends to get your heart strings.
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Jan 30, 2019 8:09 AM

Dec 2018
RisMax said:
Looklike Stela is Leila's Daugther

Has she Amnesia?
She Psiko?

WHAT I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!! What a twist!! love how this anime is turning out!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Jan 30, 2019 8:15 AM

Dec 2018
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
I'm sooooo impressed with the story-telling :
In any normal shounen story, if one MC decides to make a rescue operation, thanks plot armor they would make it a success and it would make the MC looks good.

Here it ends in complete failure, they couldn't save the civilians, they even lost more soldiers. Good intention is not enough. Wishful thinking is not enoug. You can just compare with other series from this season, the difference is huge !!! It's just the complete opposite.
From a writing point of view, it's definitely more interesting and surprising than the normal shounen.

Also interesting to learn that both sides of this war were still working together few years ago.

And on a side note : indeed, there are many hints pointing at the fact that Stella is probably Leila Etoile's daughter. Let's hope they can reunite without one of them (Leila) dying.

I like your viewpoint on Price of Smiles very unexpected hit!! Actually it got pick up by Hi-dive too so maybe this show will get more worldwide knowledge!!
Jan 31, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
RobertBobert said:
I still cannot get used to the fact that Yuki's VA has a deeper singing voice than Stella, which is why OP creates the impression that the first isn't loli, but a very short adult woman.

they're not actually the ones singing the opening
Jan 31, 2019 9:26 PM

Apr 2012
ChexGuy said:
RobertBobert said:

they're not actually the ones singing the opening

Why then does OP depict them singing? Saori is a good singer, she will not be difficult to perform the opening.
Feb 5, 2019 5:05 PM

Nov 2013
Getting more of the past events revealed was good. When it was a joint effort, it still doesn't explain why Grandiga can't create the same technology. That the situation escalated back then was Grandiga's fault, so it was justified of Soleil to cut ties with them.

Yuki lived up to her role as princess this episode. But Izana and Harold should have stopped her when she decided to save the civilians, who stayed behind.
TheBigGuyFeb 5, 2019 6:39 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 7, 2019 4:03 PM

Mar 2009
Yeesh. This series is brutal. Wasn't expecting that when I first started it.
Feb 10, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2015
1. Miss Etoile will probably die.
2. Her daughter was masked... so, this was Stella?

4/5
Mar 16, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
Well, we know how Yuuki's parents died and it seems that Layla is Stella's mother.

I feel bad for the Princess, she wanted to save a few but in the end they just lost more people than expected. This is war.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

98 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

41 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:08 PM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

41 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

50 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 10:05 AM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

38 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.