Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2015
Just date each other already XD
Jan 13, 2019 9:11 AM
Dec 2013
pilotinha_ said:
wildhood said:
I bet this anime will feel repetitive pretty fast.

Just you wait. It may be "repetitive" in the first chapters but new characters are introduced (included the MVP of the whole show Ishigami) and at some point the story have actual progression and story arcs.

Yeah, I hear that it gets better after the fireworks arc or whatever, which is way later in the manga, but this season is only going to be 12 episodes, so I'm hoping it gets a second season and adapts the chapters that come after the fireworks arc.
Jan 13, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2017
Mob, TPN, and now this? It's gonna be a goooood season
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Jan 13, 2019 10:02 AM
Jan 2016
This first episode impressed me a lot, it was completely fantastic! I loved it!

The main couple is really wonderfull, i loved them and how they interact with each other, and how they tease each other aswell, especially Kaguya to be so much cute, and dont forget Chika, she is really adorable!

The mind games between couple are really funny to watch, plus narrator to increase even more the comedy!
Jan 13, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2018
Well this is interesting, instead of one tsundere to a dere dere, it's 2 kuudere with a dere dere on the sides,,,,,,, and that dere dere seems to be bisexual.
Jan 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
Relesomnia said:
thepath said:
Meh. Worst anime I've seen in winter so far. No idea how these weak unfunny old jokes make anyone laugh

Cuz ur sense of humor is weak as fuck, and everybody can enjoy what the show is trying to do, except you.

Calm down, everyone have different opinion and different taste so don't insult people who like or didn't like this show....
Blade-Fang-KaoriJan 13, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 13, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Blade-Fang-Kaori said:
Relesomnia said:

Cuz ur sense of humor is weak as fuck, and everybody can enjoy what the show is trying to do, except you.

Calm down, everyone have different opinion and different taste so don't insult people who didn't like this show....

I think the statement comes from the fact that thepath tends to dismiss people's thoughts etc. Though I agree... like people should calm down with the insults.

A better way to comment to the other comment though:

thepath said:
Meh. Worst anime I've seen in winter so far. No idea how these weak unfunny old jokes make anyone laugh

Humor is extremely subjective at the end of the day. You can dislike something for not being funny, but the jokes can make people laugh due to how the characters play around with each other, since this is going to be a mind-game. The fact that they're being strategic about the confession bet is the part of what makes the series charming and that's why people enjoy it. As for the jokes themselves, mainly dynamics between the cast makes the series much more appealing.

You can criticize the jokes being poorly executed, you can even dislike this if you want. But people have preferences in humor by the end and that's fine. Comedy is the most subjective thing out there out of everything.
Jan 13, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Well, I completely forgot to check this out yesterday and by the comments here, I missed out. Managed to see it today, so here goes.

The opening sounds like we went back in time for like 30-40 years, really refreshing!

This was beyond expectations so far, the animation really stands out, like something from Shaft. This is really funny somehow, the mind games and their interactions do it for me. However I gotta say I love how the narrator talks around it as well.

This will be interesting, I am sure.
Jan 13, 2019 12:46 PM
Nov 2016
Solid beginning.
I've been following the manga for a while now and it's really good but was so narration heavy that I thought it might not work as an anime but I'm glad to see that it does. The narration might at times get annoying but it's still an integral part of the anime.

Really funny and the voice acting is very good.
Jan 13, 2019 12:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
antonn said:
Official subs really know how to ruin a good show.

You guys really complain about "that's cute" instead "how cute" only 'cause some scanlator used the latter?

It's not just the scanlator. Viz used "How cute" in their translations too. But that's not the real issue. The real issue is that Kaguya calls Shirogane "kaichou", but the translations just uses his last name instead of "president". In most series, that's not an issue, but it is an issue in this series. There was a chapter dedicated to calling each other by their names in the manga, and if the anime covers that chapter, it's going to throw off their consistency.

Well, the subs aren't even consistent anyways. Shirogane's called by his last name, Fujiwara's called by her first name, but then randomly called by her last name for a moment. Not to mention that the subs don't even sync up at times. During 7:21, the narrator's subs were shown a second or two after he started talking. I find it hard to call these subs from Aniplex "good".
Jan 13, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
Interesting theme... Two geniuses dont want to confess their love for each other because of their pride (and also fear) nice !

Jan 13, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
These two really are stubborn...

Last part felt like I was watching Shokugeki.
Jan 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
are you supposed to like the main couple?
Jan 13, 2019 4:08 PM
Sep 2011
Hype hype! They did a great job of adapting the first episode!
Jan 13, 2019 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
NaturalPerm said:
are you supposed to like the main couple?
you are not supposed to like anything. make up ur own mind rather than ask questions.
Jan 13, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2017
Not read the manga so came into his blind, have to say its not my cup of tea, I find it uninteresting if the gag is just the force the other person to confess then its not my kind of romance.

Indeed, to me I would not even consider it a romance, it is a comedy, probably a damn good one, but for me and my preferences, not a romance.

If you told me they confess to each other at the same time a few episodes in and then they develop a power play relationship through dating etc I would be very interested.

If its just the same gag for the entire season, I have no interest.
Jan 13, 2019 5:52 PM
Feb 2016
Wasshio said:
Blade-Fang-Kaori said:

Calm down, everyone have different opinion and different taste so don't insult people who didn't like this show....

I think the statement comes from the fact that thepath tends to dismiss people's thoughts etc. Though I agree... like people should calm down with the insults.

thepath said:

Humor is extremely subjective at the end of the day. You can dislike something for not being funny, but the jokes can make people laugh due to how the characters play around with each other, since this is going to be a mind-game. The fact that they're being strategic about the confession bet is the part of what makes the series charming and that's why people enjoy it. As for the jokes themselves, mainly dynamics between the cast makes the series much more appealing.

You can criticize the jokes being poorly executed, you can even dislike this if you want. But people have preferences in humor by the end and that's fine. Comedy is the most subjective thing out there out of everything.

Yes, mainly my reasoning for even trying to "insult" thepath in the first place was because i've seen his reviews for similar slice-of-life anime and it infuriates me that he keeps talking about the show having no plot and because of it, it is boring. And he does the exact same shit for this show.

Most comedy and slice-of-life shows isnt supposed to have a damn plot in the first place. It's just meant to make you feel cozy while watching it (see Laid-Back Camp), and laugh with its jokes (see Nichijou). There are no PLOT in those shows, and it's not supposed to have any. Like wtf are these kinda reviews criticising a show for not having plot when its not supposed to have any in the first place? CLEARLY slice-of-life comedy shows dont suit him at all, and he STILL watches them, and then just criticise the show without valid reasoning other than "its not funny, there's no story".
Jan 13, 2019 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Relesomnia said:
Wasshio said:

Yes, mainly my reasoning for even trying to "insult" thepath in the first place was because i've seen his reviews for similar slice-of-life anime and it infuriates me that he keeps talking about the show having no plot and because of it, it is boring. And he does the exact same shit for this show.

Most comedy and slice-of-life shows isnt supposed to have a damn plot in the first place. It's just meant to make you feel cozy while watching it (see Laid-Back Camp), and laugh with its jokes (see Nichijou). There are no PLOT in those shows, and it's not supposed to have any. Like wtf are these kinda reviews criticising a show for not having plot when its not supposed to have any in the first place? CLEARLY slice-of-life comedy shows dont suit him at all, and he STILL watches them, and then just criticise the show without valid reasoning other than "its not funny, there's no story".

Oh yeah I can agree that what he's saying is filled with shit. It's one thing to not like a genre but sometimes you don't even need a plot to make something good. There's a reason why other aspects exists for an anime, or any form of media. This ain't just an exclusion but details.

I agree that if he doesn't even like Slice of Life (and this is completely obvious given by his criticisms towards these despite some of the shows that are around each season scream stuff that he doesn't like) then why watch them in the first place? It's overall pointless to even watch them if the signs are blatantly there for him to notice right of the bat that it's not for him.

It's not like his complaints are even unwarranted but his criticisms always falls onto the same form which is kind of irritating to see. I don't really like insults, and while I understand why you said that due to him still doing it, I do think it could have been done better. But it's not like I can't blame you either.
Jan 13, 2019 6:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:
antonn said:
Official subs really know how to ruin a good show.

You guys really complain about "that's cute" instead "how cute" only 'cause some scanlator used the latter?

Hello there, you stole my line on that torrent comment for first episode T_T

Yes, currently mostly of my minimal complains with this awesome adaption are for the subs, which is great since it means the adaptation was amazing.
Will wait for gjm to know if I should bitch further or not.
Jan 13, 2019 6:57 PM
Feb 2016
Wasshio said:
Relesomnia said:

Oh yeah I can agree that what he's saying is filled with shit. It's one thing to not like a genre but sometimes you don't even need a plot to make something good. There's a reason why other aspects exists for an anime, or any form of media. This ain't just an exclusion but details.

I agree that if he doesn't even like Slice of Life (and this is completely obvious given by his criticisms towards these despite some of the shows that are around each season scream stuff that he doesn't like) then why watch them in the first place? It's overall pointless to even watch them if the signs are blatantly there for him to notice right of the bat that it's not for him.

It's not like his complaints are even unwarranted but his criticisms always falls onto the same form which is kind of irritating to see. I don't really like insults, and while I understand why you said that due to him still doing it, I do think it could have been done better. But it's not like I can't blame you either.

Yes, I do apologize for my blatant insults. I guess i am one with very low tolerance to these kinda bullshit. I really don't like it when a show is criticised for not having something it's not meant to have in the beginning. It's like the individual failed to understand the message of what the show is trying to convey, and then tries to retaliate with nonsensical reasoning. The insults is due to my anger when i saw the reviews last night, so i went to just throw my anger to his face. I definitely couldnt understand how he has watched over a thousand anime, when I only have watched 200+, and yet his reviews are like those from a 7-year old.
Jan 13, 2019 7:56 PM

Mar 2015
Quite entertaining, especially the scenes in which Chika was.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 13, 2019 9:11 PM
Oct 2016
Boring... I alomst fall asleep within the first 10 minutes, the narrator is really annoying, does the manga have a kind of narrator too? Hope the second ep gets better
Jan 13, 2019 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great start, it was pretty funny xD
The pink haired girl ruined everything because it could have ended with this episode haha
But damn, they did some really nice saves haha wonder how long it will take for them to confess xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2019 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
Greats start Love the way they manage to sabotage each other making sure that Love will not be achieved even though it is so close.
Jan 13, 2019 10:40 PM

Jan 2008
I like the series itself so far, especially Kaguya's voice actor's rich-girl tone. Didn't like the narration though, since there was more narration and exposition than there was characters talking. It's an animation, so it's better to show rather then tell. I'd also settle for one of the characters doing the narrating rather than a stand-alone narrator, where it feels like I'm having a book read to me rather than watching an anime.

Garbage Crunchyroll subs (Kaguya's father at 9:17 seems to have a cross-dressing fetish if he's the one handing down the info /sarcasm). In all seriousness, listen carefully and you'd notice the audio is significantly shorter than what is spelled out, being more accurate to say "A negotiation skill passed down in the Shinomiya family," in one line. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of subtitle problems, which several other people have already pointed out like formal title "president" or surnames swapped with their first names, an unnecessary change and even one that will negatively affect plot points later on.

I'd be more forgiving if they fixed these mistakes in the BDs/DVDs or English Dubs....but more often then not, they leave them in, typos and all, and I end up regretting buying them. And it all trickles down the production line all the way to the finished product, which is one of the main reasons why I stopped watching dubs altogether. If I'm paying for a streaming subscription, or buying the physical discs, then I expect to get my money's worth, not some half-assed job.

Disregarding my preconception from reading the manga, the one thing I didn't mind was the catchphrase "how cute" becoming "that's cute", not that the former was wrong per se, but just the latter is slightly more accurate.

I miss the days when MAL allowed us to downvote/upvote subtitle groups. Was a useful tool for weeding out trash from quality and keeping people informed of who best to watch from.
Estoy_GordoJan 13, 2019 10:45 PM
Jan 14, 2019 1:00 AM

Mar 2016
Sorrowsenpai said:
Not read the manga so came into his blind, have to say its not my cup of tea, I find it uninteresting if the gag is just the force the other person to confess then its not my kind of romance.

Indeed, to me I would not even consider it a romance, it is a comedy, probably a damn good one, but for me and my preferences, not a romance.

If you told me they confess to each other at the same time a few episodes in and then they develop a power play relationship through dating etc I would be very interested.

Oh, the serious romance will come, don't worry, and not only for the "main couple". Give it a try, and think that it will be x1000 times better in the probable 2nd season.
Jan 14, 2019 2:32 AM

Dec 2016
I expect an amazing anime!
Jan 14, 2019 2:38 AM

Aug 2017
High and low, the formula is nice but can sometimes be repetitive. I arrive at least until the third episode to judge, for now I am a little skeptical.
Jan 14, 2019 3:22 AM

Sep 2016
pleasant surprise, I went in blind with no expecations but it was pretty good. adding it to my watch list. It has an interesting premise, I do hope the episodes wont become repetitive
Jan 14, 2019 4:36 AM

Feb 2017
pilotinha_ said:
Sorrowsenpai said:

Oh, the serious romance will come, don't worry, and not only for the "main couple". Give it a try, and think that it will be x1000 times better in the probable 2nd season.

Hmm may well do, no chance of it starting this season?
Jan 14, 2019 5:12 AM

Jan 2009
Sorrowsenpai said:

I am 99% sure that they will hit several critical romance chapters in the first season alerady. That's the advantage of doing _no_ chapter-by-chapter conversion, but rather picking and choosing chapters.
MentarJan 14, 2019 7:14 AM
Jan 14, 2019 5:20 AM

Jan 2019
perfect adaption 5/5, glad see the cute waifu fujiwara chika shows up! also everything about shaft style is amazin.
Jan 14, 2019 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
Hey, it was an amazing start.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
The director of this anime did a fantastic job and the music,art,voice acting and animation quality are all extremly good.
A-1 is going all out.

8/10 so far but i will rate it with a 9 cause ......
Jan 14, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2016
surprised by how much i liked it, considering it's not what i'm usually into: nice op, good animation (with some great camera angles), and actually funny for a change too.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 14, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2016
Sorrowsenpai said:

Well tbh is pretty much confirmed the first "serious arc" will be the last chapter this season, but until then there are will be already episodic chapters with more romance than comedy, and important characters will be introduced (it's not a show of 3 like the first chapter shows).
The author quickly changes the manga from a comedy one to a series with strong emotions.
pilotinha_Jan 14, 2019 9:57 AM
Jan 14, 2019 9:51 AM
Mar 2018
Relesomnia said:
thepath said:

Opinion. At least, he isn't like someone who think reading 20 chapters is enough to judge the whole series.
Jan 14, 2019 1:59 PM

Apr 2018
This will probably be the best romcom this season. Really enjoyed this episode^^
Jan 14, 2019 2:08 PM
Sep 2012
And with this incredible adaption of the incredible manga, my life is complete!
Jan 14, 2019 2:12 PM
Nov 2015
Hmm I don't know didn't really feel it. Haven't laughed once and the concept hmm. Don't know of this is for me.
Jan 14, 2019 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
Patriickz said:
Hmm I don't know didn't really feel it. Haven't laughed once and the concept hmm. Don't know of this is for me.

Same here. this is the first new anime with 8/10 + score of this season that I have dropped after the first episode. Not really feeling it.
Jan 14, 2019 3:53 PM

Sep 2007
Ok that was really great.
I was reading the manga some months ago but damn ...
It's so funny. XD
Jan 14, 2019 4:08 PM
Nov 2015
Aexuz said:
Patriickz said:

Same here. this is the first new anime with 8/10 + score of this season that I have dropped after the first episode. Not really feeling it.

Yup me too. I really like all the other ones. Mob psycho, slime, YNN, shield hero.
Jan 14, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2018
This is adaptation done right
In the first place, I felt anime format would be better for this series
Jan 14, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,was only going to give this a quick look,but that animation style,and the interaction between the 3,just amazing.
Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 14, 2019 5:35 PM

Jul 2012
So far so good, I hope it doesn't get too much repetitive.
I liked the animation, let's see how it goes :D

Jan 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Mar 2014
Chika is the best girl hands down
Jan 15, 2019 1:43 AM

Jun 2017
This anime looks promising. The OP song is good, the Guns, cards and other weapon at the beginning looks cool. I am looking forward to this rom-com anime. Their mind games are something to watch. The humor and others. Can't wait for the next episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 15, 2019 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
I have a hard time thinking this wont get old in a few episodes. I hope it doesnt though, mainly for that fantastic OP
Jan 15, 2019 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
Finally something non-isekai and fun <3
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

27 by 1Toxic2 »»
May 10, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Mar 30, 2019

477 by sainazrb »»
May 8, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.