Forum Settings
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 12, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2010
Seems like the LN is still ongoing, but all the heroines in the series will be covered in the anime series and the movie.
How does it continue after those arcs? Are new heroines introduced?
Dec 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Oct 2017
I don't think there are many novel readers since it isn't legally available in English
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 2, 2019 7:55 PM
Mar 2018
LSSJ_Gaming said:
I don't think there are many novel readers since it isn't legally available in English

no fansubs? this is F
Jan 2, 2019 8:47 PM

Nov 2017
anime episode 1 - 13 adapt novel volume 1 - 5... the upcoming movie adapt volume 6 - 7..

the manga already finished on episode 3 of the anime. (Mai's ending)
Now Loading.....
Jan 4, 2019 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
bondtux said:
anime episode 1 - 13 adapt novel volume 1 - 5... the upcoming movie adapt volume 6 - 7..

But is the LN series over already? Ending on the Shoko arc in volume 7?
Jan 4, 2019 3:48 PM

Nov 2017
Rinji- said:
bondtux said:

No... they still ongoing
Now Loading.....
Sep 21, 2019 12:26 PM
Feb 2018
bondtux said:
Rinji- said:

No... they still ongoing

How many novels of this series have been released so far?
Sep 23, 2019 10:32 AM
Mar 2019
A_silent_Being said:
bondtux said:

No... they still ongoing

How many novels of this series have been released so far?

9 novels released so far but you can really find any info on the 8th or 9th novel in english
Sep 23, 2019 12:27 PM
Feb 2018
@Zix_101 yeah i couldn't find anything either on recent novels. Is the LN licensed ??
Sep 23, 2019 5:30 PM
Mar 2019
A_silent_Being said:
@Zix_101 yeah i couldn't find anything either on recent novels. Is the LN licensed ??

I read a post from the group/person translating it saying that the LN had been officially picked up so they were going to stop translating it, but that’s all I’ve heard
Jan 2, 2020 8:21 PM

Feb 2014
I can't read Japanese, but from what I understood with google translate on reviews it seems:

• Volume 8 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister on an Outing) is heavily focused on Kaede and it doesn't have Puberty Syndrome on it being a direct event afterwards Shoko's arc. Some people felt a bit weird with it, a whole volume that felt like an usual slice of life. I guess we will have to wait and see, I mean, Kaede is back to school and school is usually monotonous, right? Makes sense, specially after volume 6 and 7 (Shoko's arc) which were huge, it would be really hard to beat that;

• Volume 9 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Girl with a Leather Backpack) starts slow-paced like the previous volume, but after sometime increases its pace. We even get Puberty Syndrome, however it seems to be quickly solved; being a direct follower of the last volume it seems the main issue to be dealt with is family, Azusagawa's mum appearance;

• Volume 10 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Lost Singer) to be released in February 07, 2020
Mar 8, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
A trailer for volume 10 just dropped on YouTube a few days ago.

Appears to take place a good while later when they're already college students.

I hope we get anime adaptations someday :)
Mar 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
curvedtree said:
I can't read Japanese, but from what I understood with google translate on reviews it seems:

• Volume 8 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister on an Outing) is heavily focused on Kaede and it doesn't have Puberty Syndrome on it being a direct event afterwards Shoko's arc. Some people felt a bit weird with it, a whole volume that felt like an usual slice of life. I guess we will have to wait and see, I mean, Kaede is back to school and school is usually monotonous, right? Makes sense, specially after volume 6 and 7 (Shoko's arc) which were huge, it would be really hard to beat that;

• Volume 9 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Girl with a Leather Backpack) starts slow-paced like the previous volume, but after sometime increases its pace. We even get Puberty Syndrome, however it seems to be quickly solved; being a direct follower of the last volume it seems the main issue to be dealt with is family, Azusagawa's mum appearance;

• Volume 10 (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Lost Singer) to be released in February 07, 2020

ty, I hope they adapt these volumes into anime as well due to the popularity of the movie

May 12, 2020 12:01 AM
Apr 2020
or at least we got translated LN
thats what i hope
Jun 28, 2020 9:01 AM

Nov 2009
OrpheusTheBard said:

Thanks for these update, senpai... ^3^
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Jul 26, 2020 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
Have read the all. Yeah, there is new characters like Loli version of Mai and Kirishima Touka. 8 volume was about Kaede and her’s entering the high school. 9 volume about Sakuta and his mother relationship (The volume where you can see little Mai). And the last volume so far is about Uzuki ( Member of idol group which Nodoka belongs). 11 volume is gonna be about Kirishima Touka and it seems like it’s not just a usual girl. Maybe we know more about Puberty syndrome, cause she seems to have power to cause the outbreak of it.
Dec 30, 2020 1:45 AM
Jun 2020
Nayshl said:
Have read the all. Yeah, there is new characters like Loli version of Mai and Kirishima Touka. 8 volume was about Kaede and her’s entering the high school. 9 volume about Sakuta and his mother relationship (The volume where you can see little Mai). And the last volume so far is about Uzuki ( Member of idol group which Nodoka belongs). 11 volume is gonna be about Kirishima Touka and it seems like it’s not just a usual girl. Maybe we know more about Puberty syndrome, cause she seems to have power to cause the outbreak of it.

Where can I read them have they translated into English ?
Jan 1, 2021 6:47 PM
Sep 2015
Sorry, I did it in Japanese, so idk if there is English version
Jan 11, 2021 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
Now I’ve read 11rh volume. It was about Sakuta’s classmate from middle school - Akagi Ikumi. I don’t spoiler what it was about, but here we can see Sakuta and Ikumi’s memories from that time and how they moved on. It was great. Also, I guess in next volume we’ll see story about Kirishima Touka and I guess it will be the last volume. I expect in this volume we can see sex scene with Mai and Sakuta (come on they became adult).
Jan 23, 2021 10:12 AM
Jul 2019
Nayshl said:
Now I’ve read 11rh volume. It was about Sakuta’s classmate from middle school - Akagi Ikumi. I don’t spoiler what it was about, but here we can see Sakuta and Ikumi’s memories from that time and how they moved on. It was great. Also, I guess in next volume we’ll see story about Kirishima Touka and I guess it will be the last volume. I expect in this volume we can see sex scene with Mai and Sakuta (come on they became adult).

Wait are you serious!!!
Is volume 12 going to be the final volume??
Nimmish007Jan 23, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 9, 2021 7:09 AM

Feb 2021
dede13 said:
or at least we got translated LN
thats what i hope

Now that the series has been picked up by Yen Press to be published in English, that seems more and more likely. And thank goodness for that since this series is a gem.
Something, Something, Witty Joke, Something, Something
Jul 10, 2021 8:10 PM
Jan 2021
Nayshl said:
i just hope for another season of this
Oct 20, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 2020
goldfishluke said:
Nayshl said:
Yeah the show and movie were very well received mostly and Idk how sales were but I’m imagining they got a lot mostly from merch I hope they actually make another season
Oct 22, 2021 4:28 PM
Jan 2021
Phoenixfalconer said:
goldfishluke said:
Yeah the show and movie were very well received mostly and Idk how sales were but I’m imagining they got a lot mostly from merch I hope they actually make another season
some weeks ago arrived v1-5 seishun buta yaro series. Read v1-v2 and its pretty well writen. Can't wait to see how the stpry goes on
Dec 28, 2021 1:56 AM

Jun 2021
Guys how many light novels will have this?

The movie covered vol 6 and 7?

I really want another Season for the anime or at least one movie more
Dec 28, 2021 2:51 AM

Jan 2017
Anime_Addicter_ said:

There is actually 11 Volumes , and it's still ongoing.

Yes.

There should be enough material for around 10 Episodes , i think , so maybe they wait for more to adapt it , if they ever plan to adapt it. (After all , it's not unusual for Animes to never get a next season)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Anime_Addicter_ said:

There is actually 11 Volumes , and it's still ongoing.

Yes.

There should be enough material for around 10 Episodes , i think , so maybe they wait for more to adapt it , if they ever plan to adapt it. (After all , it's not unusual for Animes to never get a next season)

I will pray haha <3 I miss Mai so much :') she is the best, one of the cutest and prettiest girls i have ever seen in an anime
Aug 18, 2022 6:36 PM
Jan 2021
Nayshl said:
did they kissed until now? i mean it was so annoying in animd for me that they didn't even kiss (or at least maii san didn't alow sakuta 99% of the times and even when she agreed on kissing she missedup herself...)
so.. did they?..

an another question... sinsce the story in next volumes turn around side chracters... can we steel see the sakuta and mai san moments usually?..
Nov 12, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to abj314
Nayshl said:
did they kissed until now? i mean it was so annoying in animd for me that they didn't even kiss (or at least maii san didn't alow sakuta 99% of the times and even when she agreed on kissing she missedup herself...)
so.. did they?..

an another question... sinsce the story in next volumes turn around side chracters... can we steel see the sakuta and mai san moments usually?..
@abj314 They kissed in Volume
It was cut out of the anime, for whatever reason.
Nov 30, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to OrpheusTheBard

@OrpheusTheBard boy oh boy I have news for you

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1730433064474742886
Apr 8, 1:41 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to BStrifeSword114
@abj314 They kissed in Volume
It was cut out of the anime, for whatever reason.
@BStrifeSword114 thanks man... even though i've seen this now i just had to say tnx...

More topics from this board

» Will publish the final 2 Volumes in August and October 2024

ARK-13 - Apr 4

2 by Zimmu »»
Apr 8, 8:30 AM

» Rank all the volumes of the Light Novel

Eternal_Magnanim - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Dayraven »»
Jan 6, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou Series Chapter 27 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Oct 5, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou Series Chapter 24 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Oct 4, 2023

1 by KnightTimaeus »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:11 PM

» How many volumes have been released?

DARKknight28 - Mar 17, 2023

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.