Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got more storytelling focused on Shizu. In the aftermath of that fight, she's recovering but at the same time, we got to see more relationship building between her and Rimuru. Thought the first half episode really showed a more delicate side to her character.

Also finally got to see Rimuru in human form! It's about time!

Hmm, that ending with the pig...weird.
Nov 19, 2018 7:42 AM

Oct 2014
I only saw bits and pieces through twitter images but damn, this episode... Not much to say about the art other than they really made it look good, but it's hard to say more without animation and sound, the latter of which is what makes or breaks this episode. I personally hope that they use something else for the first half than THAT one OST they have used in almost every episode up until now, because this is really on a different level and doesn't deserve to be accompanied by merely "default sad song".

I might have misread (I can't listen/speak/read/write moonrune) those tweets but did they actually use the ED as an insert song?

Never mind, I just found certain, uhm, sources that showed me that the music during THAT scene is indeed the ED song ANOTHER COLONY, but it's a piano version.

Now please excuse me as I have to try very hard to keep myself from giving into the temptation of watching the episode in "impure" form. I must resist these urges!
Grey-ZoneNov 19, 2018 7:53 AM
Nov 19, 2018 7:54 AM

Feb 2018
Rimuru Human time...
Nov 19, 2018 8:33 AM
Sep 2018
Good episode again. Maybe a bit too drawn out even for my taste though. And Rimuru sounds kinda weird with that voice while in human form. I kinda hoped the voice actress would change her voice for the human form. Well, a question of taste I guess.

Nov 19, 2018 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
EvilSociopath323 said:

No, that was at a different time.
Nov 19, 2018 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. Its good that Shizu was able to tell Rimuru the truth of her sad past. The insight into how Shizu used this to improve her skills and help others and in the process gaining great fame was insightful. Shizu really had quite the tough life. Though the request was heavy being taken from this world thats given her so much pain by allowing Rimuru to absorb her can be said to be the release she wished for. The scenes where Shizu reunited with her mother in the dream was sweet. It was nice that Eren's party got to say their goodbyes to Shizu. The parting gift was a nice gesture though. Things are definitely getting more interesting now that Rimuru has a new body.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2018 9:15 AM

Mar 2018
I liked this episode and that death was kinda said, but jeez it dracked on and on. It dracked on half an episode! Other then that I am happy we finally see the first appearance of the human form which is going to question everyone's sexual orientation once again
Nov 19, 2018 9:27 AM

Aug 2017
Shizu's death was a bit sad. I like Rimuru's new form.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 19, 2018 9:41 AM

May 2015
This episode was a giant exposition dump.

Surely it would have been better if they exposed details about Shizu over several episodes, rather than

"Listen to my life story, as I kick the bucket"
Nov 19, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
I feel so dumb... only through the anime I finally made a realisation that I completely missed in all the 3 other versions of this story...

The fact that Rimuru didn't gain a "human form" from Shizu. What he gained was a "majin form", because Shizu's body became a majin after the summon by Leon and/or possession by Ifrit.

Rimuru still having the same voice in human form will take some time to get used to, to be honest.

Also someone please correct me if I am wrong, but did the anime just completely omit mentioning the fact that Shizu was kept as young entirely due to Ifrit? I was having dinner while watching the episode, so I might have missed it.

I can't wait for the live-reaction of people who had been under the false assumption that Shizu was the one who sealed Veldora...
Nov 19, 2018 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
Yes, Tensura is undoubtedly one of series that receives much love from the production team, resulting this anime adaptation having almost perfect pacing. They didn't even skip themini scene of Rimuru saw the illusion of Shizu finally reunites with her mother and that's some solid proof of the love and conviction the team has for Tensura...

Just wish Overlord and Re:Zero (to a lesser extent) could receive less volume per episode (Overlord being the worse offender) to be able to flesh out the world...

And they already include the foreshadowing for Rimuru next threat, the Orc Disaster and sinister plan on the Forest of Jura yet known to Rimuru,... and too bad they skip

Nov 19, 2018 9:53 AM

Dec 2011
This episode felt so short.I want more xD
This was a nice episode that conclude the first part of the anime and the adaptation is really faithful.
I can't wait for the Ogre arc.It's going to be amazing...
Nov 19, 2018 9:56 AM
Oct 2018
LazyPanther said:

Surely it would have been better if they exposed details about Shizu over several episodes, rather than

but what character would do that?
shizu said that to rimuru so he knows what happened to her and how she want's to be remembered.
that "exposition dump" had a place and a time, and that place and time were here, otherwise will just be facts from a character that we did not know it knowed shizu.
(sorry for my english)
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 19, 2018 9:58 AM
Oct 2018
Grey-Zone said:
I feel so dumb... only through the anime I finally made a realisation that I completely missed in all the 3 other versions of this story...

The fact that Rimuru didn't gain a "human form" from Shizu. What he gained was a "majin form", because Shizu's body became a majin after the summon by Leon and/or possession by Ifrit.

Rimuru still having the same voice in human form will take some time to get used to, to be honest.

Also someone please correct me if I am wrong, but did the anime just completely omit mentioning the fact that Shizu was kept as young entirely due to Ifrit? I was having dinner while watching the episode, so I might have missed it.

I can't wait for the live-reaction of people who had been under the false assumption that Shizu was the one who sealed Veldora...

-
actually that was just implied but never said that was keep young for that reason, and i prefer it that way.
-
and those people who believed it was the same, atleast 80% of them were already kind of "spoiled" that they weren't the same.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 19, 2018 9:59 AM

Feb 2016
Brilliant, can't wait for the next episode !
Nov 19, 2018 10:03 AM

May 2015
idontknowsarcasm said:

shizu said that to rimuru so he knows what happened to her and how she want's to be remembered.
that "exposition dump" had a place and a time, and that place and time were here, otherwise will just be facts from a character that we did not know it knowed shizu.
(sorry for my english)

I mean the info should have been given to the audience beforehand, in flashbacks.
And when Shizu told her story to Slime, it could have been implied that she told the entire story.

Instead we got a 10 min of exposition in a single episode.
Dec 2013
God, that dragged. 8 episodes in and we're only just starting to see a glimpse of the 2nd LN volume.

But yes, Shizu dies and Rimuru finally obtains his human body. Sad times, but the episode still managed to fit in the happy theme into it well.

This really should've been 7 episodes.

Next time, we finally see the ogres.
Jan 2018
EvilSociopath323 said:
Good episode again. Maybe a bit too drawn out even for my taste though. And Rimuru sounds kinda weird with that voice while in human form. I kinda hoped the voice actress would change her voice for the human form. Well, a question of taste I guess.

not up to the voice actress , she just says her lines and they studio changes the voice themselves
Nov 19, 2018 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
The prologue is over. The anime starts now :v
Nov 19, 2018 10:11 AM
Nov 2015
LazyPanther said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

(sorry for my english)

I mean the info should have been given to the audience beforehand, in flashbacks.
And when Shizu told her story to Slime, it could have been implied that she told the entire story.

It's better like this, your argument was like " I want skip and make this anime shit and suck ass "

This shizu past will be important key points for most evil plot twist you ever seen in anime later.

Explain every shizu past was for future plot poin about [ spoiler ] Leon, Chloe and evil Yuki [/spoiler] then a reason for rimuru to meet other reincarnated / summoned people.
redcobraNov 19, 2018 5:03 PM
Nov 19, 2018 10:14 AM
Jan 2018
yay finally getting to vol 2 looking forward to seeing a certain character get his asked kicked
Nov 19, 2018 10:15 AM
Nov 2018
I actually love to see some action in each episode but this one was one of the exceptions, i like it a lot and it was too short for me because was good without any fight but with a nice story but most important was that we finally can see Rimuru on his Human form. I really didn't expect that Shizu would die but it's ok to me. I wish we could see more from the adventurers in the future episodes.
Nov 19, 2018 10:16 AM

Mar 2016
LazyPanther said:

that's true, but considering how her role played out originally from the manga and light novel, she didn't have much time remaining, anyways.
Nov 19, 2018 10:19 AM
Oct 2018
LazyPanther said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

(sorry for my english)

-
but the flashbacks won't have been the same long?
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 19, 2018 10:21 AM
Nov 2015
Oh... so that was how he aquired his human form. Very good episode. This anime brings such a good vibe, even in "sad" episodes like this one.
Nov 19, 2018 10:22 AM
Oct 2018
Ryuseishun said:
LazyPanther said:

that's true, but considering how her role played out originally from the manga and light novel, she didn't have much time remaining, anyways.

-
wait, i'm a suscriber of yours so..
did you spoil yourself?
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 19, 2018 10:24 AM

May 2015
redcobra said:

It's better like this, your argument was like " I want skip and make this anime shit and suck ass "

And more will be explain later from
that shizu past will be important key points for most evil plot twist you ever seen in anime later.

Explain every shizu past was for future plot poin about [ spoiler ] Leon, Chloe and evil Yuki [/spoiler]

Dude I am not saying to reveal every plot point. Just to reveal the story she told in several parts. This makes the story more streamlined.
As things are, a major part of this episode was one character lying down and talking
Nov 19, 2018 10:25 AM
Nov 2017
Love this one
Rimuru human form is so cute but I'm having mixed feelings bout this
Nov 19, 2018 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
idontknowsarcasm said:
Ryuseishun said:

-
did you spoil yourself?

Nope I just reacted to this episode not too long ago....go check my reaction to it if you can xD
Nov 19, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2015
LazyPanther said:
redcobra said:

And more will be explain later from
that shizu past will be important key points for most evil plot twist you ever seen in anime later.

Explain every shizu past was for future plot poin about [ spoiler ] Leon, Chloe and evil Yuki [/spoiler]

Dude I am not saying to reveal every plot point. Just to reveal the story she told in several parts. This makes the story more streamlined.
As things are, a major part of this episode was one character lying down and talking

Maybe there's something wrong with your attention span?

Nov 19, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2015
Ryuseishun said:

BTW @Ryuseishun, I liked your youtube reaction video to this episode
Nov 19, 2018 10:32 AM

May 2016
Really liked all the episodes so far but felt this one dragged on and didn't have any fighting or "umph" behind it.
did enjoy the new characters we saw a glimpse of and that the fact slime has a new objective.
still can't get over the awesome op! haven't skipped it once :)

Was wondering how we were going to be able to see all the characters shown in the intro (i thought it was only 12 episodes) but knowing its 24 now i can kinda see why this episode was slower and went more into the story and background.
Nov 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not crying, you're crying. . .
Yotus Yeetus commit self-deletus
Nov 19, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
LazyPanther said:
Ryuseishun said:

BTW @Ryuseishun, I liked your youtube reaction video to this episode

Haha no problem bro ;)
Nov 19, 2018 10:40 AM
Jun 2015
Grey-Zone said:

It doesn't mention it, but it clearly shows it with her hands getting much bonier and her hair turning white making it clear that her age has caught up with her all at once.
Nov 19, 2018 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
OM NOM NOM.

So uh, are we now allowed to start lewding Rimuru or is that considered kinda gay even Rimuru still is an attack helicopter a genderless slime?

The pig/human thing that now carries the name Geld means in Dutch 'Money' OMEGALUL
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Nov 19, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
I`m really glad that Rimuru finally turned into human form. Such a cutie)
Despite it reffered to itself as a man (otoko) in the end of the episode, I still like that character as a girl.

The animation is so soft and smooth, I really adore looking at Rimuru`s animation. Pretty sad for Shizu though...
Unagi-sanNov 19, 2018 10:46 AM
Nov 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
I dunno what to feel about the pacing, it's like drawn out as a whole but bit enough for me to say every episode feels so short. Since they covered the first LN for 8 episodes, would that mean the staff would cover both future arcs at the same length too? Wouldn't be too far off if they did that imo.
Glad the whole Shizu passing on scene wasn't melodramatic imo and more of an infodump at the same time. I was okay with that scene until the three adventurer dorks paid their respects to her one last time. BIG OOF MUH HART.
NitroKageAki said:

Going by the pacing I'd say they'll gonna hafta include that scene to counter the previous solemn episode. It's exposition done right
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SeaJaegerNov 19, 2018 11:18 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 19, 2018 10:52 AM
Oct 2016
Inherited will? is this one piece?
But seriously though this was probably the best episode so far, it was really sad while still being hopefull for the future.
Nov 19, 2018 10:56 AM

Oct 2013
Definitely meh, pacing is very slow and the way they handled Shizu was not to my liking.

Boring.
Nov 19, 2018 10:59 AM
Oct 2018
Timz0r said:
OM NOM NOM.

So uh, are we now allowed to start lewding Rimuru or is that considered kinda gay even Rimuru still is an attack helicopter a genderless slime?

The pig/human thing that now carries the name Geld means in Dutch 'Money' OMEGALUL

-
it's genderless so all lewd can only be about his ass.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 19, 2018 11:05 AM

Dec 2015
i have no complaints about this episode....and i really like the way shizu told her story before she pass away because it really need in future....her whole story, EVERYTHING is the important point for future plot...
Nov 19, 2018 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
Ryuseishun said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-
did you spoil yourself?

Nope I just reacted to this episode not too long ago....go check my reaction to it if you can xD

Fun fact: I am listening to your post-reaction monologue while writing this xD
Nov 19, 2018 11:07 AM
Nov 2011
Perhaps it was a bit of a slow episode, and yes I want more, but damn it's been a while since an anime made me cry.
Nov 19, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
The way that Shizu's flashbacks were split across these last two episodes was weird, but other than that this was a solid episode. I certainly wasn't expecting Shizu to die, but it makes sense and does allow Rimuru to gain a human form without actually committing murder or anything of the sort
Nov 19, 2018 11:11 AM
Jun 2016
...And for the first time in her life,(s)he went to that place... where dreams are born.

AI ,2001., slightly pharphrased.

Goodnight everybody.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 19, 2018 11:14 AM

Oct 2014
idontknowsarcasm said:
and those people who believed it was the same, atleast 80% of them were already kind of "spoiled" that they weren't the same.

Oh, you have no idea how many people, by episode 7, still thought that Shizu/Ifrit were the ones to seal Veldora. I was surprised how many people were actually saying stuff like "oh Veldora can now gain his revenge against Ifrit!" and other such non-sense like that.

Well, it doesn't help that the anime in last episode translated Shizu's title of "Eiyuu" (same as Gazel Dwargon's) as "Hero", but the subbers realized their mistake once they had to translate both "Yuusha" ("The Hero") and Eiyuu in the same episode, so this time they translated Eiyuu as "Champion" instead.

It seems no matter if it's fantranslation or official translations, no matter if it's Web Novel, Light Novel, manga or anime, this franchise will always suffer from translation issues in regards to titles and species names.
Grey-ZoneNov 19, 2018 11:20 AM
Nov 19, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
wait wasn't shizu her destined partner or something but she just died
Nov 19, 2018 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
RIP Shizu. Finally Rimuru's human form seen in the OP has made its appearance.

The end of this episode makes me excited to see where the story goes from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 19, 2018 11:34 AM

Oct 2014
Timz0r said:
OM NOM NOM.

It's confusing, isn't it? Which age do we go with? If we take his "soul's age" presuming it's current form exist since he was born as a human, then he is above 37 years old and you are safe.

If you take his human form's "original" form as reference, then the body is 70-80 years, and you have to live with the stigma that you are into grandpas/gradmas.

Now if you go with the individual Rimuru Temptest's body's age, then... you are a disgusting individual that's into 2-3 month old loli/shota babies, you f*cking MONSTER!!! CALL THE FBI! CALL THE MI6! CALL EVERYTHING AND NUKE THIS DISGUSTING CRIMINAL INTO OBVLION!

Timz0r said:

Same in German.

ibraheem234 said:
wait wasn't shizu her destined partner or something but she just died

Has that not become true? They became as "close" as they could possibly get. Literally. But instead of Rimuru being her lover, he became her living gravestone instead.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.