Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2018 11:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The best volume so far, as expected, this was the first arc that really got me in with the anime.
Didnt felt like commenting on 2, it was interesting and all but not enough Mikoto, so a Mikoto focused volume is a treat!

I would say it is a bit easier to give Acelerator some slack reading the LN vs the anime, you can see something is wrong with him, but he isnt EVIL like that.
(will be interesting to see his PoV in future volumes)

My only problem with this volume, and previous ones is that so far the writter just ends it too suddently. Like a sudden stop, seems quite forced, hope this improves later on.
PlaycoolOct 22, 2018 11:12 AM
Jan 3, 2019 8:59 AM
Aug 2013
Best volume so far, as Index almost got zero appearance xD
and Acelerator is very interesting.

Playcool said:

you can see something is wrong with him, but he isnt EVIL like that.

I totally agree. I got the same impression which made me grow an interest in his character.

Playcool said:

My only problem with this volume, and previous ones is that so far the writter just ends it too suddently. Like a sudden stop, seems quite forced, hope this improves later on.

YESSSS. I wasn't totally satisfied with the ending too, I was so absorbed in the fight then suddenly, puff.
Sep 17, 2020 4:53 AM
Jun 2019
Holy shit, this was epic. I thinkk this would become my favorite LN
Sep 22, 2020 5:15 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
AngelMoncada said:
Holy shit, this was epic. I think this would become my favorite LN

There is legit better stuff yet to come, make sure you read at least till volume 15 before making an accurate rating of this series.

Some stinkers will be ahead of you, but there are incredible volumes that will make it worth it, plus the conclusion was huge in scope and deeply interesting, then you realized it was only the first part of the series. LOOL

The LN did a great job developing 3 different MCs and when their stories connect, DOPE as fuck.
Would avoid anything Index III until you first experience the LN (III adapted volumes 14-22).
Oct 18, 2020 5:37 PM
Jun 2019
Playcool said:
AngelMoncada said:
Holy shit, this was epic. I think this would become my favorite LN

There is legit better stuff yet to come, make sure you read at least till volume 15 before making an accurate rating of this series.

Some stinkers will be ahead of you, but there are incredible volumes that will make it worth it, plus the conclusion was huge in scope and deeply interesting, then you realized it was only the first part of the series. LOOL

The LN did a great job developing 3 different MCs and when their stories connect, DOPE as fuck.
Would avoid anything Index III until you first experience the LN (III adapted volumes 14-22).

I have all the light novels on my computer, so I won't miss anything.

I mean, the light novel is kinda slow at the beginning (The autor needs to explain everything, but is something that I really appreciate), but later everthing become so fucking cool. I have finished volume 4 yesterday. It was not soooooo epic as the 3rd volume, but It was emotional and had great action scenes as the same as the first and second volume... I definitly will finish this novel.

I kinda understand why is a successful novel, It has everything you want.

Also, I started the anime, just to watch how was the adaptation... And, yes It's not so fair to the original source. It's kinda sad, but It can not be helped. At least, the ost is so good.

AngelMoncadaOct 18, 2020 5:42 PM
Apr 13, 8:41 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
I had very high expectations for the sister arc because I really liked the sister arc in the Railgun anime. But in direct comparison to the anime, volume 3 is a bit worse. Nevertheless, it wasn't bad, Accelerator is a really interesting character and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about him.

There were some really weird lines in this Volume lol:

“My air conditioner was broken today so I came to sleep over! I think my big brother and I are both gonna get pretty loud tonight, so please have some patience, okay?"
-DxP-Apr 13, 10:28 AM
Apr 23, 2:32 PM

Aug 2020
Reading a whole novel in 3 days shows how good this arc is. I also appreciated how Kamachi used his searchings in the physics and mechanics in order to make the powers explanations clearer.

9/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 05 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 31, 2018

5 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 27, 3:59 PM

» Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 04 Discussion

KitsuFrost - Apr 25

0 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 25, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.