Forum Settings
Forums

Crowdfunding Campaign for 'Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma' English Dub Reaches Goal

New
Oct 18, 2018 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Right Stuf Inc.'s publishing division Nozomi Entertainment has successfully managed to raise the funds to dub Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Emma: A Victorian Romance) via its Kickstarter campaign, which also included a stretch goal to dub the second season. The campaign's initial goal was to raise $110,000 USD but has raised $253,834 USD thanks to its 1,615 backers. Nozomi Entertainment will ship the dub on Blu-ray next year, which is a first for the series as a Blu-ray was not released in Japan.

Joe Digiorgi will lead the dub at Headline Studios with help from dialect coaches to ensure the production is as authentic as possible. In addition, two cast members have been revealed; Jessica Calvello and Wayne Grayson will voice Eleanor Campbell and Richard Jones, respectively.

Emma is a historical romance manga penned by Kaoru Mori that was serialized in Comic Beam from December 2001 to February 2008. The series is spread across ten volumes, with the last two consisting of side stories revolving around the supporting characters. Tsuneo Kobayashi (Juuni Kokuki) directed the two TV anime adaptations at Studio Pierrot in 2005 and at Ajia-Do in 2007.

Source: Kickstarter page
Sakana-sanOct 18, 2018 1:55 PM
Oct 18, 2018 2:06 PM
Nov 2009
Nice, been wanting to watch this for quite some time. I love historical romances.
Oct 18, 2018 2:40 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Color me impressed. If there was a series most fitting to be dubbed to English, it'd be this one. Good stuff.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 18, 2018 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Why aren't they using Brit actors, I don't understand. It would be the first step towards authenticity...
EratiKOct 18, 2018 3:06 PM
Oct 18, 2018 3:59 PM

Feb 2011
So glad they made it! ^^ This marks the first kickstarter I've ever backed and I'm very happy about it.
Oct 18, 2018 5:17 PM

May 2013
EratiK said:
Why aren't they using Brit actors, I don't understand. It would be the first step towards authenticity...

I guess it's safe to assume that the least the voice actors could do is to emulate the British accent. They're voice actors after all.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 18, 2018 5:32 PM

Oct 2017
EratiK said:

They posted a few clips of the VA it sounds pretty close to what I thinks sounds pretty much like a British accent though maybe native Brits will have a better handle on that.
Oct 18, 2018 7:04 PM

Feb 2015
EratiK said:

Sometimes I ask why all German characters in anime doesn't speak German but speaks fluent Japanese....

BECAUSE OF THE PLOT OWO
Oct 18, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2015
Wasnt this already a thing?
Oct 18, 2018 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
I think its interesting to see this and aria kickstarter being so successful for getting an English dub and release of these older series. Wonder if there will be some unsung shows of the past that never got a dub potentially getting some because of this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 18, 2018 11:23 PM
Sep 2012
Great! Now when is Yakitate's campaign you bastards?
Oct 21, 2018 2:55 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Is this series more one of those cases of dont judge the book by its cover?
I mean looks a BORING watch, and the cover for the manga is ever worst...
Oct 15, 2020 9:04 PM
Feb 2018
Anybody got updates on this? I haven't found anything new in the past 7 months, the Kickstarter page won't load on any of my devices, and the official website is a dead end.
Dec 8, 2020 9:24 PM
Dec 2015
bendmunk94 said:
Anybody got updates on this? I haven't found anything new in the past 7 months, the Kickstarter page won't load on any of my devices, and the official website is a dead end.

It looks like there was a new post on the Kickstarter page on November 13 titled "First Look at the Emma Trailer! (Plus, a Little Surprise!)." However, the actual contents of the post are only available to backers.
May 11, 2021 8:41 AM

Sep 2020
Playcool said:
Is this series more one of those cases of dont judge the book by its cover?
I mean looks a BORING watch, and the cover for the manga is ever worst...
I checked your list you haven't watched this series yet so I thought maybe I can help you to realise that this series it's a masterpiece you should definitely watch it , don't ignore it just because it's cover is lame,😭

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 10:24 AM

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Yesterday, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
May 16, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.