Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
Let's spread the love and create fun threads in Monia Café

This thread is simple, just explain to us where your username came from, some people definitely need to tell us about their names, fufufu~

So..... Tell us about you name~
SweetMoniaSep 13, 2018 11:53 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2018 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
To start with SweetMonia

SweetMonia is spelled us:- Sweet Moon-ya

- Monia city is the capital of Miémorrina, and the city is so beautiful it was almost renamed to SweetMonia once. Tourism guides still refer to Monia City as SweetMonia.
It's worth noting that Monia city was named after princess Monia de Miémorrina, who unified the country with her twin sister, princess Melissa. Prior to that, Monia city used to be called Swanvile

- SweetMonia is also the Anime division of Romance Time, the media gargantuan & the 2nd most powerful corporation in Miémorrina.
Sep 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
It came from the white queen from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
Sep 13, 2018 12:27 PM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
It came from the deepest abyss within my mind.

To a gamer, my username is like the world boss of shi* usernames
Sep 13, 2018 1:02 PM

Oct 2016
random generated World of Warcraft character name, blood elf warlock. was my main character that I raided with for a while, about 10 years ago. just ended up sticking so I use the name for a lot of things that ask for a username.
Sep 13, 2018 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
I just like the sound of Shiro
But since it was taken i decided to add something else. Ya comes from how my first name is pronounced. Well, sort of, its not exactly Ya but its quite similar, there is no other English equivalent that wouldn't make the name sound too weird.
I added the - because Yashiro was taken as well and i just gave up thinking of anything else XD
Sep 13, 2018 1:53 PM

May 2014
My current username is a fan theory of the real name of my favorite character of all time based on the lip reading~ I adopt this because it sounds catchy :3
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Sep 13, 2018 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
My username has a long, long story. It's has been used by the Romans before as "Rhythmus" before it was passed down to me as "Rythme". The Saxons like it easy and tend to steal from the Romans and make it "Rhythm" instead, without the "us".

In reality though... I just like it...because it looks cool and is related to music (it's also in French by the way, hehe~).

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Sep 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Feb 2014
My name came from the angel in Arabic lore, called Harut which I altered to Harute88. but people started calling me Haruchi and I find it cute.. so BAM! Haruchhiii

✿ King of the Night ✿
Sep 13, 2018 6:29 PM

Oct 2017
One definition of "Ryou" in kanji (涼), means "cool" or "refreshing."
I chose "Ryou" all because my dream job is to serve people in a bar cold and refreshing drinks; I added "ko" to my name so it sounds more exquisite, or, something like that.
-Ryouko-Sep 15, 2018 1:04 PM
Sep 13, 2018 6:48 PM

Mar 2016
My birth name my Father gave me is Hanako.
I'm so use to my friends calling me Hanako san.
The 1992 is the year i was born.
Put them all together and get Hanako_San1992.
I'm simple i know. XD

Sep 13, 2018 6:51 PM

Aug 2017
from what i remember i saw some meme about satan and somehow i came up with this username
Sep 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Oct 2017
KatsutoSaki:-

Katsu from Katsuki Bakugou
To from Todoroki
Saki from Kurosaki Mea

No kakkoiii story behind it >_<
Sep 13, 2018 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
The Japanese pronunciation of cloud and my fav character's first name combined together lol.
Sep 13, 2018 8:08 PM

Feb 2016
Who remember when i joined the cafe my username was Subarashii-san, after sometime I decided to unify most of my username / nickname but I did not know which name to use, so I decided to use my Last name Felix. ''San'' is just because already have a user named felix in MAL
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Sep 13, 2018 8:08 PM

Nov 2016
The reason for mine is actually quite dumb tbh.
It's just a name I grew to liking since there was a certain cannon wielding pirate I used to play as, when I was so invested in that game way back then. I ended up using her name for most of my accounts and my real one when it's already taken.

Patchouli: Why do you want to be a librarian?
Koakuma: I like people.
Patchouli: What do you like about them?
Koakuma: (whispers) I like telling them to shut up.
Sep 14, 2018 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
mirana said:
It came from the white queen from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
Love your Rukawa set

OT: Well, it has two versions. One is that, my corny ass younger self had an imaginative original character and named it Kladara... Remove the "ara" part and it becomes Klad. the other version is, it's a cooler upgrade to my real name which is Claude!
Sep 14, 2018 1:32 PM

Jun 2017
The history of my username isn’t anything special, I’m afraid. I was just inspired by my interest in mythology and love of the gothic subculture.

Freyja is the name of a goddess in Norse mythology and means “[the] lady”, and Lilith is the name of a demon in the Jewish Kabbalah and means “of the night”. I like both mythical figures and thought their names rolled off the tongue nicely when said together, hence the hyphen. I also thought the translation suited me well since a lady of the night is literally what I am, i.e. a night owl.
Sep 15, 2018 4:54 AM

Nov 2017
Vilkku means "blinker" or "turn signal" in Finnish and you could sort of twist my real name into it, so when I needed a username for Rome: Total War multiplayer I used it. When I later tried to join a wargaming forum with the same username I found it was already taken, so I added my year of birth at the end. After that I've just been using it everywhere out of habit.
Sep 15, 2018 5:02 AM

Jan 2017
I used to use the username DaloOolaBub (my childhood nickname with the extra capital "O" as a twist and the first 3 letters in my family name) in almost all the account I created (Sometimes I don't put the "Bub" part), when I wanted to create an account here, I decided to not use that username and came up with something else, and I came up with ChocoOwl which eventually took over DaloOolaBub (Unless it's an SNS that I plan to add my family in it)

The combo is kinda basic, I think most people can guess where did it come from
But in case you didn't know, it's a combo of my favorite things
Choco: Short for Chocolate, and Owl
ChocoOwl was taken, so I added 707, which refers to a character in Mystic Messenger

I'm currently thinking of switching it to ChocolateOwl, but I'm not really sure...
Sep 15, 2018 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
Comes from a bird called Marico sunbird (nettarinia di Mariqua in Italian). Saw 4 years ago and really liked the name Mariqua, so I started using it as my character's name in some games. I also named one of my Tabletop RPG character mariqua (I was playing fate if I'm not mistaked) and also gave him a cool surname, Tonatyumm. The name comes from the Aztec sun god Tonatiuh, which is a way to link the Surname to the origin of the name (SUN GOD. SUN-bird) and also to hint at the cruelty of the character I had to play as Tonatiuh was also the surname give to one greedy spanish Conquistadores called "Pedro de Alvarado".

I've been thinking of adding the surname buuuuuut it might make my username a bit too hard to remember or recognize... >.>

Also Mariqua is supposed to spelled "Ma-ry-kyuu-a".
>_>

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Sep 15, 2018 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
My earlier MAL username was actually...

...then when I evolved into a more... let's say, presentable form, I decided to change my name to something else. I used to be Dango Ranger in a certain other website and I kind of grew to like being food, and was going to change to Dango in MAL but it was already taken, so I decided to go with the similar confectionery as Manjuu.
Sep 15, 2018 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Manjuu said:
My earlier MAL username was actually...

...then when I evolved into a more... let's say, presentable form, I decided to change my name to something else. I used to be Dango Ranger in a certain other website and I kind of grew to like being food, and was going to change to Dango in MAL but it was already taken, so I decided to go with the similar confectionery as Manjuu.
I always thought of your name as food, so.....
Sep 15, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
TheMariqua said:
Comes from a bird called Marico sunbird (nettarinia di Mariqua in Italian). Saw 4 years ago and really liked the name Mariqua, so I started using it as my character's name in some games. I also named one of my Tabletop RPG character mariqua (I was playing fate if I'm not mistaked) and also gave him a cool surname, Tonatyumm. The name comes from the Aztec sun god Tonatiuh, which is a way to link the Surname to the origin of the name (SUN GOD. SUN-bird) and also to hint at the cruelty of the character I had to play as Tonatiuh was also the surname give to one greedy spanish Conquistadores called "Pedro de Alvarado".

I've been thinking of adding the surname buuuuuut it might make my username a bit too hard to remember or recognize... >.>

Also Mariqua is supposed to spelled "Ma-ry-kyuu-a".
>_>
Whoa, so it's a bird :O

I like the way you pick your names, it's so unique :>
Sep 15, 2018 12:55 PM

Apr 2016
I said that already, in thread like that in CD.

Its started with a simple thought, "i wish the swag was dead"

And now there's no more swag.
Sep 15, 2018 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Kooh said:
The reason for mine is actually quite dumb tbh.
It's just a name I grew to liking since there was a certain cannon wielding pirate I used to play as, when I was so invested in that game way back then. I ended up using her name for most of my accounts and my real one when it's already taken.

Well, I think it turned out well at the end.

It's kinda like........ Koohee, as well ^^
Sep 15, 2018 11:13 PM

Nov 2016
@SweetMonia
Yeah, thanks! The previous one I used before this is quite ridiculous though ><
I kinda understand that feeling with Manjuu

And I noticed just recently that most usernames we have in the cafe seem to always resemble some kind of food! Which is actually fitting c:

Patchouli: Why do you want to be a librarian?
Koakuma: I like people.
Patchouli: What do you like about them?
Koakuma: (whispers) I like telling them to shut up.
Sep 15, 2018 11:29 PM

Aug 2008
Kooh said:
@SweetMonia
Yeah, thanks! The previous one I used before this is quite ridiculous though ><
I kinda understand that feeling with Manjuu

And I noticed just recently that most usernames we have in the cafe seem to always resemble some kind of food! Which is actually fitting c:
mhmm, it's nice you guys tried to make better names, it turned out well too :>

Well, this is a café, after all~ XD
Sep 22, 2018 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
i was 15 going through my emo phase an'all
Sep 23, 2018 11:33 PM

Aug 2018
I don't know exactly why I choosed this name.

The part I know is once I was going daily at a lake when I was 7 years old with my mom. And everyday during 3 weeks I meet the same duck and I called it Poli. So that means you can found two Poli's out there :^) maybe I am the duck or the pony....
Sep 24, 2018 7:48 AM

Oct 2015
MemorAug 3, 2021 7:51 AM
Sep 24, 2018 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
Memor said:
@IIPoliII
Any particular reason why you called it Poli? Omo

Is hard to say tbh I don't from where came this idea. But in french this name means polite.
Sep 24, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Esther Blanchett from Trinity Blood. My nickname has two "c" instead of "t", I know.
I thought it was a nice name the first time I saw it. c:
Sep 24, 2018 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
Sep 26, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2016
Well the story for mine goes something like this
My teen years, loved pokemon and loved ash. My name can be sorta twisted into ash
and ash's last name is ketchum which sounds a lot like ketchup. So, initially it was supposed to be ashketchup which sounded too mainstream , too make it seem cooler I just changed the condiment to Mayonnaise . Hence, the name ashmayo xD
Sep 28, 2018 10:03 PM

May 2010
I was just messing with letters trying to make a nickname that would sound Dutch (because I was interested in Dutch back then), and according to some Belgian dude from another site I, apparently, succeeded.
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Oct 3, 2018 4:22 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Judar, who is my favourite character in magi, was considered to be in depravity and his rukh was black. He is what is called a magi, so I combined "depraved" and "magi" together
Oct 4, 2018 1:20 AM

Aug 2015
It was around 2006 i tried making an account for this game called Runescape. When i wrote my name as username the game said that it was already used, and it came up with replacements. "You can use these names instead" it said and gave me a few options. There i found the name Enkoif, since then i have been using Enkoif as my username on platforms such like this one.
Oct 4, 2018 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
its nothing really that spacial its just a combination of my favorite and second favorite Devil May Cry characters

Nero bit being after my favorite DMC character Nero

and Angelo being from Nelo Angelo who was one of the bosses in DMC 1 and Nelo Angelo is actually
Oct 13, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2014
My username is quite literally the "Engrish" pronunciation of "cold". Yeah nothing special, I heard it in an anime once and it made me laugh ^_^'. I also felt the word "cold" was kinda fitting for me so I kept it.

It's rarely used but if it is I add a "kun" or some sorta honorific on the end because... well it fits.

Oct 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
It's actually my cat's name. She's orange colored so she got the name Mandarin, then I just called her Rin for short - is the story I told everyone at home. Actually I watched Usagi Drop when I found her in the neighborhood, skinny and so lost, it just felt like 'Rin', then I slowly got attached to this name. :3
Oct 22, 2018 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
-Rin- said:
It's actually my cat's name. She's orange colored so she got the name Mandarin, then I just called her Rin for short - is the story I told everyone at home. Actually I watched Usagi Drop when I found her in the neighborhood, skinny and so lost, it just felt like 'Rin', then I slowly got attached to this name. :3
That's cute! When I saw your name, I thought you like a character with the name Rin :3

I also have an orange cat by the way :3
Nov 3, 2018 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
My real name is a flower- Buttercup in English, but in Latvian it's Gundega (a kind of a rare girl's name in Latvia, but nothing unusual) - so I'm partial to flower names.

Thus I picked Rose cuz it's both beautiful but also has thorns. And the 2nd part Mary is cuz I sort of love long/two part names, all those Elizabeth's, Rosemary's, Alexander's and such.

So with Rose I automatically thought of Rosemary.

And since I do like the words meaning from it's Latin origins "dew of the sea" because water is supposedly my element (which is kind of ironic since Gundega derives it's name in Latvian from the plant's fiery ability) I thought it fit perfectly cuz my personality is rather a conundrum at times and not to mention rosemary is a plant and buttercup a flower - perfect. And to add to it's perfectness rosemary can be also called anthos, from ancient Greek, meaning "flower".

Thus Rosemary was chosen. For it's truly perfect for me.
But since I love my motherland, as a way to show this connection to my Latvian roots as I started to roam around the net in foreign tongue, I decided to show it by changing Rose's writing - I write it in Latvian as it is pronounced when said in English thus Rose -> Rouz

Therefore my username in like, 99% of all the places I am on is Rouzmary ^^
And even thou the writing is different, it's to be read/pronounced the same as Rosemary ;)

I do like symbolism and deeper meanings XD
Also, I came up with it waaay back in 2005 when I was 13 yo and more than a decade later I still love it and use it ;D
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Nov 3, 2018 9:11 AM

Oct 2015
Nov 5, 2018 4:44 AM

Sep 2015
Memor said:
@Rouzmary
That's a super cool name, I like it :3
Names with deep meaning are lovely ^3^
also, Rosemary is taken already, so it's good that you changed the first half xD

Heheh, thanx. Always have had a weakness for meaningful things ^^

And yeah, didn't think on it that much when I first came up with it, but in years to come did appreciate it, cuz so far, I have never had it not available before, always there for me to choose :D

Found the story behind yours and simple is also sometimes the best, everyone's unique :)
For some reason "Memor" always makes me think of "memoirs" - > memoirs in turn remind me of "Memoirs of a Geisha" = thus conclusion: cool username ;D
Nov 5, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2015
Nov 5, 2018 6:35 AM

Sep 2015
Memor said:
@Rouzmary
Still kind of in disbelief that Memor wasn't taken, just because I've seen it taken on far less popular sites/apps before ^^'

Thank you, I'm glad you like it ^3^
I've never read/seen that, but I can confirm I'm not a geisha xD but you sure seem to like it :3

hmmm, wouldn't say I like it a lot, but I did like, well, first of all, the pretty scenes XD but also how it showed hardships and how one survives it in whatever environment one is in, that's kinda - respect
Nov 5, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2015
Nov 24, 2018 1:23 AM

Mar 2017
when I was creating the account I remembered I had read an article about untranslatable words in several languages, some of them were japanese and I thought they could be fitting for it. my username is actually my second choice :3
Nov 24, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
@shinrinyoku
What was your first choice? :o
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5768 by TheBigGuy »»
10 hours ago

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1055 by TheBigGuy »»
May 16, 3:04 PM

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5781 by TheBigGuy »»
May 16, 2:59 PM

» Who am I????????؟؟؟؟ - Guess The Anime Character... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jul 26, 2013

3509 by Cinna »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:11 AM

Sticky: » My new cat =(*.*)= ( 1 2 )

SweetMonia - Mar 7, 2015

90 by SweetMonia »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.