Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The montage songs are back :o

Of course we would get one between Setsuna and Rinne this episode due to the time they've been spending together. In the meantime, we got more storytelling of the past about Rinne's tragedy.

Seems Setsuna was more or less aware of those events.
Aug 19, 2018 6:52 AM
Aug 2018
DON'T WATCH THIS SHIT ANIME WHICH ONLY HAVE 12 EPISODES(The flow of the game for about 25 hours)

There are only four episodes left for the most important part of the game
.So please don't have any expectations for this animation.Game with the English translation will be sold next friday on steam.So please drop this anime to buy the game if you are interested in those characters.
Haru_Q5Aug 19, 2018 9:51 AM
Aug 19, 2018 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
Beside the montage scene with the song that I think was not a good scene at all, actually a pretty dull and undeserved scene, I think this episode was a bit better than the average, I like it a bit more.

The last part was pretty interesting. I kinda wonder what will happen next episode.

3.5/5 Let's see if they will manage to make the last 4 episodes as interesting as I hope.
MrMushinAug 19, 2018 8:01 AM
Aug 19, 2018 9:10 AM

Nov 2017
What the fuck was that??? You're gonna place major plot twist in the 8th episode??? Give me a break!!!! That anime is the biggest fuck up of the whole season. Greatly dissapointed... just for fun im gonna stick to the end to see what kind of bullshit they gonna pull.
Aug 19, 2018 9:32 AM

Mar 2016
iliyanski89 said:
What the fuck was that??? You're gonna place major plot twist in the 8th episode??? Give me a break!!!! That anime is the biggest fuck up of the whole season. Greatly dissapointed... just for fun im gonna stick to the end to see what kind of bullshit they gonna pull.

Same here
like Idk what they're trying to do...even though some things are starting to make sense, it's all awkwardly placed so far.
Aug 19, 2018 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
For such an important episode with Rinne's death and Setsuna going back in time, it felt so uneventful and lackluster. I'm very disappointed tbh.

Everything just felt too quick and nothing made me care.

The only good thing about the episode were the insert songs, those were nice to listen to.

Other than that, a really underwhelming episode.
Aug 19, 2018 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Ryuseishun said:
iliyanski89 said:

Same here
like Idk what they're trying to do...even though some things are starting to make sense, it's all awkwardly placed so far.

i still wanna know how the first loop happened, this bs is full of plot holes and just wanna see how kind of bs they'll pull to explain all the plot holes.
Aug 19, 2018 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Hang on, how is this even a loop at all? The device was described as a suspended animation device (esssentially cryosleep), so that should only allow forward progression in time. There was no explanation whatsoever of how this allows him to go back in time at all, so I'm utterly baffled. Besides, this does nothing to explain how "Setsuna" doesn't know who he is or anything of the sort.

Four episodes left to give a logical and satisfactory explanation, I suppose.
Aug 19, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
Atavistic said:
Hang on, how is this even a loop at all? The device was described as a suspended animation device (esssentially cryosleep), so that should only allow forward progression in time..

They said that the "cryosleep" device is either build by some old advance civilization or someone from the future brought it to the past (which means in the future they are going to invent time machine) They said that the evidence for the old high tech civilization is low, so it must be the 2ed option.
This part is really interesting, they're going to take a high bet and assume that its true, so the poor Setsuna is going to sleep for god knows how long in hope that he wake up in the future after the invention of the time machine and somehow get that time machine and go back to the past and save Rinne! As i said high bet indeed.
Aug 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Jun 2017
John_Max said:
Atavistic said:
Hang on, how is this even a loop at all? The device was described as a suspended animation device (esssentially cryosleep), so that should only allow forward progression in time..

They said that the "cryosleep" device is either build by some old advance civilization or someone from the future brought it to the past (which means in the future they are going to invent time machine) They said that the evidence for the old high tech civilization is low, so it must be the 2ed option.
This part is really interesting, they're going to take a high bet and assume that its true, so the poor Setsuna is going to sleep for god knows how long in hope that he wake up in the future after the invention of the time machine and somehow get that time machine and go back to the past and save Rinne! As i said high bet indeed.

So basically, he is going to redo everything he did again, like going back to ep 1 when he ended up on the beach, except this time he will have his memories (which is not guaranteed at all lmao but since Rinne used the same machine and slowly got her memories back it's possible I guess) and do things accordingly.
Aug 19, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
MomoSinX said:
John_Max said:

So basically, he is going to redo everything he did again, like going back to ep 1 when he ended up on the beach, except this time he will have his memories (which is not guaranteed at all lmao but since Rinne used the same machine and slowly got her memories back it's possible I guess) and do things accordingly.

Well yea, i think we gonna get some answers in the future and maybe even our Setsuna turn out to be the Setsuna from the legend, i guess we have wait and see or learn jap and cheat from the game X)
Aug 19, 2018 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty much gave up on this show already just going to stick around to see what happens

2/5 episode
Aug 19, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
Haru_Q5 said:
Game with the English translation will be sold next friday on steam.So please drop this anime to buy the game if you are interested in those characters.

Just checked it. Frontwing visual novels have rather decent and not altered translations, so I hope this one won't be different.
Do you know the price? I'm not a fan of digital only releases, so maybe I'll just grab the Vita version.
rsc-plAug 19, 2018 12:57 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 19, 2018 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
Well, they've lost me at this point. Hopefully I can make better sense of stuff in the following episodes.
Aug 19, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
Atavistic said:
Hang on, how is this even a loop at all? The device was described as a suspended animation device (esssentially cryosleep), so that should only allow forward progression in time. There was no explanation whatsoever of how this allows him to go back in time at all, so I'm utterly baffled. Besides, this does nothing to explain how "Setsuna" doesn't know who he is or anything of the sort.

I know, this makes literally no sense to me. Here are things that are still 'wtf?' for me:
-Why would a cryosleep device make him go back in time? She's suddenly like 'you can give up time', yet all they were discussing is that it passes time by, FORWARD. So.. what?
-What's the deal with him looking like and having the same name as the other Setsuna? It's obviously meant to be him or something, yet I already feel like the explanation will be an asspull.
-Still no explanation or set-up to how the story began (his initial time travel).
Aug 19, 2018 1:04 PM
Mar 2016
I think the point of those 8 episodes were to show how he got to the island in the first place,which is pretty interesting. We can assume that this is the time loop.
5-6 so far for me. 4 episodes to go,I wonder if they can end it properly.

PS: Havent played the game.
Aug 19, 2018 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
1.He sleeps until a time machine is created.
2.I think it has something to do with the legend.Its supposed to be old Setsuna reincarnation(?).
3.Those 8 episodes is HOW this thing happened. Rinne meets the old setsuna, old Setsuna dies, Rinne meets MC Setsuna, Rinne dies and he goes in the future to go back in the past to save her.
Thats how I see it, although I sense a major fuck up in the plot regarding the 2 Setsuna.
BelbeAlexAug 19, 2018 1:31 PM
Aug 19, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2014
My head is still having a slightly hard time understanding the whole plot, but at least the montage song that played when Setsuna and Rinne were on that island was pretty sweet. =)

With about 4 episodes to go, I'm worried at the potential chance of the story being rushed towards its conclusion. Either way, Setsuna is fully committed to going back in time to save Rinne and I do hope he's successful this time.
Aug 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Diving of a cliff into a small lake like that, while like 1 meter further you can stand on your feet.... that dive should have killed them both XD

Regardless of that, I am so lost with this anime's plot.

Lelouch0202 said:
Well, they've lost me at this point. Hopefully I can make better sense of stuff in the following episodes.

Same here, I was already confused by last weeks episode, but this week it didn't do anything better for me. Atleast visually it's still pretty good!
Aug 19, 2018 6:48 PM

Oct 2015
In all honesty this anime is going down hill, everything about it doesn't make me curious. It is failing to capture me because I feel they sensationalizing every episode and in the end dololo.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 19, 2018 7:03 PM
Jun 2017
hmmm!!!! the past of Rinne and setsuna has been revealed on that island. thanks to that journal Setsuna seen...

what a twist of fate here as Rinne dies in present era and Setsuna (present) will be the one to save her by using that machine. well lets see the remaining episodes... hahaha
Aug 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Jan 2015
Um...WHAT??? Like, seriously. What the hell wassat?

Me, during and after, this episode. @_@
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 19, 2018 7:23 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is so bad at this point it's laughable. Just non-stop WHAT moments followed by laughter.

Fucking Kuon having a technically 23 year old daughter and still looking like that...Damn Girl she about to be a HOT ASS GRANDMA.

Side note: if you jumped off a cliff into 2 feet of water, you probably die, or at least break your legs.

Bet Money we don't find out who he has to murder LOL. Probably himself.

SoraSenpaiAug 19, 2018 7:32 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 19, 2018 7:45 PM
Mar 2018
I facepalmed 8 times in this episode... Christ help me. Although I'd say I have laughed more at this anime at just what a massive joke it is, good one.. So are we even going to find out wtf is going on yet?
Aug 19, 2018 7:51 PM

Dec 2017
Idk why you guys are complaining, this is turning into a really interesting sci-fi-ish time travel story. Don't complain about plot holes until the anime is finished.
Aug 19, 2018 11:04 PM

May 2015
Ok...a cave entrance doesn't conveniently have "Keep Out" tape blocking it. Someone's been there...

ALIENS!

"It looks like he's smiling to me." But skeletons naturally smile...

That duet song during the montage...

IT WAS ALL A DREAM! WTF?!

This is some dank horseshit...

Oh a time capsule...well at least it isn't as cliche as time travel...

So the legend is basically some sort of scientific theory that someone from the future aka "the witch" came to the past to intervene with something, and the pact was with Rinne and Setsuna in that when they meet again, the curse aka "time loop" will be broken? And Setsuna is going to be Samurai Jack and awaken in the future so that he can find the person responsible for messing with the past so that he can return to the past and save Rinne? THIS IS SOME DANK HORSESHIT! But you know what? I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS AT THIS POINT! I'M WATCHING THIS TO THE END!
TarotistAug 19, 2018 11:11 PM
Aug 19, 2018 11:59 PM

Jun 2007
SoraSenpai said:
This anime is so bad at this point it's laughable. Just non-stop WHAT moments followed by laughter.

Fucking Kuon having a technically 23 year old daughter and still looking like that...Damn Girl she about to be a HOT ASS GRANDMA.

The Japanese characters in Kuon's name translate to something like Eternity or Old so I wouldn't be surprised if she's actually Rinne from a different timeline. It would also shed some light on the sun sickness. Maybe people who have the sickness are either from the future or dissidents of time travelers.

Aug 20, 2018 2:35 AM

Jul 2016
Hmm...I'm kinda confused.

How does the time machine even works,is this a loop?

And I mean this episode feels like it should be placed like at the end

At least we all know Setsuna and Rinne love each other.

Clearly,Island has some weak mystery explaining skills.
TokumiaAug 20, 2018 2:50 AM

Life is empty without anime

Aug 20, 2018 2:40 AM
Jan 2017
Lol you haters are so pathetic. Complaining and complaining about events that make sense if you actually used your head lol like why are you even here? This show is just getting better and better, Setsuna is finally walking down his own path to save Rinne. It's not the perfect adaptation but damn it's better than most. I can't wait to see one of my favorite characters from the VN next week.
Aug 20, 2018 4:45 AM

Apr 2010
What...? Hell. That legend thing became too complicated

Aug 20, 2018 2:30 PM

May 2018
WTF all of the sudden they've added some ancient alien tech stuff into this.

Ok so if Rinne is a 23 year old girl in a 17 year old body what does Kuon her okasan make of her?????

A 50 year old in a 30 year old body ??????
Aug 20, 2018 9:16 PM

Aug 2017
Yeahhh, another thing that related with the time. Rinne's death was so stupid. Setsuna's skeleton with hair was funny. Skeleton smiling :)

1/5

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 20, 2018 10:05 PM

Aug 2016
How lucky to have left this anime in episode 3, a total waste of time.
Aug 21, 2018 2:27 AM

May 2018
Sacerdotisa said:
How lucky to have left this anime in episode 3, a total waste of time.

Actually no.
It's stupidity rises with every episode and now is on surrealistic levels.
In the most dramatic moments it's so unintentionally funny and hilarious that beats most of this season comedies.
Aug 21, 2018 7:05 AM

May 2013
DeathfireD said:
SoraSenpai said:

The Japanese characters in Kuon's name translate to something like Eternity or Old so I wouldn't be surprised if she's actually Rinne from a different timeline. It would also shed some light on the sun sickness. Maybe people who have the sickness are either from the future or dissidents of time travelers.

When Kuon said THAT RINNE and the emotions her eyes showed, it gave me a confirmation that she is Rinne probably the original who also travelled in time but ended up much earlier than Setsuna. Yeah you're probably right about the Soot Blight Syndrome cause that's what I deduced too. Also something tells me that their entire civilization is in a loop that spans ten thousands of years.
Aug 21, 2018 9:28 AM

Jan 2016
SparkleDuck said:
Atavistic said:

I know, this makes literally no sense to me. Here are things that are still 'wtf?' for me:
-Why would a cryosleep device make him go back in time? She's suddenly like 'you can give up time', yet all they were discussing is that it passes time by, FORWARD. So.. what?
-What's the deal with him looking like and having the same name as the other Setsuna? It's obviously meant to be him or something, yet I already feel like the explanation will be an asspull.
-Still no explanation or set-up to how the story began (his initial time travel).

-The idea is that after being in cryosleep for however many years, the civilisation he wake up in will have time travel technology which he will then use to go back in time to save Rinne.
-Hopefully we'll find out soon
-Hopefully we'll find out soon
Aug 21, 2018 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
okey, the plot became edgy this time...at least Asaka ED was good!
3/5.

Aug 21, 2018 6:37 PM

Apr 2016
Am I the only one who doesn't know what the fuck just happened? Just a bunch of monologue and exposition that was boring and Rinne died apparently on the way back from the Island or was the island part just a dream? What a damn mess.
Aug 23, 2018 1:01 PM

Jan 2018
I don't think enough of us are having an issue with that skeleton having a full, perfect head of hair. I know they wanted you to immediately know who it was, but wtf.
Also, lmao at the whole "look at that face - does he look like he's crying" conversation. I see the sentiment, but it's a skeleton, bro.

This whole show has kept me along for the ride just so I can see where they're going with it, but man, it is kind of a mess, execution-wise.
Aug 25, 2018 3:59 AM

Feb 2018
seriously? what was that????????????
such a dark plot twist
all happy on the island about to replace skeleton setsuna and get sexy time on ...

"oh im gona make you smile"

*wakes up @ funeral*

COME ON !!!!

good thing i didnt drop it 2 episodes ago it's starting to get interesting finally sheesh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2009
Immovable-Object said:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what the fuck just happened? Just a bunch of monologue and exposition that was boring and Rinne died apparently on the way back from the Island or was the island part just a dream? What a damn mess.

Yeah. I'm confused about that as well. Was the Island part a dream? Apparently, Rinne died at sea, so what the fuck was that whole Island part?

I'm completely lost with this show now.
Sep 9, 2018 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
This anime has such an interesting plot, nice characters and songs, but somehow it feels like they don't blend as well together as they could and that a lot of necessary stuff was left out.

Still a solid episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2018 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
wait the machine stops time…so he is moving forward not going back in time… I mean how did the machine came to be in the first place.. so confused of this show…how can rinne mom suddenly come out in the sun now.. was she faking it too.
Oct 31, 2018 9:01 PM

May 2012
What a super weird episode with such a weird pacing, it sure was interesting but so confusing!
May 29, 2019 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
Oh wow, so the time travel wasn't just all in their heads. The way it cut from the happy island to the present again was pretty daunting. This is giving me Steins;Gate vibes (hell, Setsuna even looks a bit like Rintarou). Now that the time travel is real, my interest in this unfolding mystery has been reignited.
Jul 23, 2019 12:32 AM
Apr 2013
All this for the most unlikable character. Saddening. I liked main character but he's ok with being a replacement
Dec 18, 2019 12:06 PM

Jun 2017
They undermined Rinne's death by putting it in a flashback. Kuon decides to disclose what actually happened only after her daughter's death. She always avoided face to face talk till now and is acting like a responsible adult all of a sudden when the plot demands it. This was the worst episode so far.
Jan 19, 2021 8:30 AM

Feb 2018
I'm confused and have a lot of questions on my mind, but I'm trying to hold this in and watch it finish. It's so good, I love that soundtrack. Even so Rinne and Kuon are very confused, so who is Setsuna? And also why do you have to sacrifice time just to save Rinne? Who does Setsuna love?
Feb 7, 2023 1:26 PM

Aug 2019
???
im dropping this here and playing the vn. this anime is so horribly executed.
HiljainenSipuliFeb 7, 2023 1:30 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2023 4:53 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
animejas said:
For such an important episode with Rinne's death and Setsuna going back in time, it felt so uneventful and lackluster. I'm very disappointed tbh.

Everything just felt too quick and nothing made me care.

The only good thing about the episode were the insert songs, those were nice to listen to.

Other than that, a really underwhelming episode.

That is definitly the problem with this adaptation, since they tried to cramm so much in thiis... whoever gave orders didnt care and just wanted to contain as much of the VN as possible, without focus on quality, thus this is born.

Anime onlies are being fed spoon soo much information so fast, obviously this is not a pace one would find confortable to digest this all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation

TEMPEST_1 - May 10

3 by ptero93 »»
May 10, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Island Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

183 by Cyanwasserstoff »»
Jan 15, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

81 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2018

67 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

85 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.