Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2018 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This fate was veeeery boring. I.... don't even know what I watched, exactly.

No! I definitely won't watch this again ><
TechOtakuAug 17, 2018 7:47 PM
Aug 18, 2018 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
A big load of wtf and a side of snoozefest.
Aug 18, 2018 7:45 PM
Jan 2018
Maybe I take too much attention for details, but one of the landscape at the end of the episode remind me of EXTELLA, so maybe an EXTELLA anime hint?
Aug 19, 2018 12:00 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Maybe if we get an Extella anime, we get Altera. And that's Good Civilization.

Aug 19, 2018 10:39 AM
Dec 2012
Can someone please explain to me what the hell happened? So they reset the Mooncell thus stopping the planet from destruction. Okay, hip hip hooray, but then what? We see Rin with blondish hair run towards the ocean after proclaiming ''okay let's get to it''. Get to what? Finding other humans to get civilization back on track? Why is her hair blonde? Did Hakuno wish for Nero to be a part of her...? This entire anime has been so utterly confusing xD
Aug 23, 2018 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
charici said:
Can someone please explain to me what the hell happened? So they reset the Mooncell thus stopping the planet from destruction. Okay, hip hip hooray, but then what? We see Rin with blondish hair run towards the ocean after proclaiming ''okay let's get to it''. Get to what? Finding other humans to get civilization back on track? Why is her hair blonde? Did Hakuno wish for Nero to be a part of her...? This entire anime has been so utterly confusing xD

F/E Rin isn't Tohsaka Rin from F/SN, it's her niece. In the same way Matou Shinji is a different person and only 9 at the outset in 2030.
Aug 25, 2018 10:43 PM
Nov 2015
charici said:
"Fate/Extra Last Encore" is based on the PSP game "Fate/Extra". At the end of it we can see that the real Rin on Earth is blonde just because she is blonde. Her avatar on Mooncell as the avatar of all of the strongest Masters were edited my themselves to look as similar as them in real life as possible (As mentioned in the game). Seems like she gave it another hair color for some reason.
Aug 27, 2018 5:55 AM

Feb 2013
Weird ending but I didn't dislike it.
Sep 5, 2018 6:09 PM
May 2017
These 3 episodes were a bit better. But overall the series sucks.
I wasted my time watching this.
Sep 12, 2018 8:27 AM

Aug 2017
Leo and Gawain sacrifice themselves to help Nero, Rin and Hakuno. I like the last moment of Nero. Hakuno made that Extra Rin returned to Earth with her original body while the world is restarted. 7/10

Underrated Fate. Maybe it have some flaws but it's been handled well.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2018 6:12 AM

Mar 2010
One day later, it suddenly hit me. Where the fuck was Buddha???
Sep 24, 2018 5:06 AM

Jun 2011
Terribly boring and confusing. Glad it's over.
Sep 24, 2018 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
still better than Fate/Zero
Sep 24, 2018 9:22 AM
Sep 2018
The last 3 episodes were alright, but overall i'm still disappointed with the anime. I was very excited for an Fate/Extra adaptation since i played the game and this is what i got
Sep 27, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2017
Those last 3 episodes were fine and I'd say I enjoyed them, but overall It's a strange series for me. I'm not really sure if I enjoyed it or not. It had a lot of boring moments but it also had some good ones. At the end of the day it was just wasted potential.

Btw, background art on the seventh floor looked beautiful.
Oct 3, 2018 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
Probably this was my least favorite Fate-related anime... not really sure tho, Kaleid was also really... not of my taste? I don't really know.

I agree with those who said that these last three episodes were better, they really were. However, I think the whole series tried too hard to be confusing and Hakuno, as a character, was very uninteresting in my opinion. For some moments, Nero was the only reason I didn't end up completely bored.

And regarding the episode, it was good I think. They could finally reach Moon Cell and wish for a new/restored world but at the cost of Hakuno's existence. As an ending was ok. I didn't dislike it but it wasn't great either.

P.S.: Hakuno deciding to stay by Nero's side during her final moments was kind of sweet tho. And Nero's wish made me feel a bit emotional too. I must say that scene was really nice.
Oct 11, 2018 12:25 AM

Feb 2012
This sequel had a little bit of improvement. Nero's final moments with Hakuno were really touching. I really doubt this is ever getting a sequel but I would watch it just for more Saber. I'd also be down for a Fate/EXTELLA anime to see Altera animated. Actually really enjoyed the game on steam even without playing any of the other games.
Oct 15, 2018 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
Since this series(all 13 episodes) was already a sequel to the game F/E, I was kinda expecting an all new different ending but this episode and this episode alone for some reason was an adaptation of the game and accurately adapted the game's thematic ending, what the heck.

Still, this series wasn't that bad of a side story if you've played the game too but as a stand-alone show, its just awful.
Oct 28, 2018 1:39 AM

Mar 2017
These last 3 episodes were much better than the prequel.

Really enjoyed it!
Jan 18, 2019 6:48 AM
Jan 2017
the ending is ok. even the fight not that great but im touched by the nero fight and hakuno sacrifice to back create the destroyed earth and save the human race,,
but im still not understand whats mooncell or what it using the level ,, i know it take from game but its still hard to understan the setting place..
Feb 11, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2009
what a bummer, i was expecting them to fight buddha at the end...
series was ok, i give it a 6/10
Feb 13, 2019 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
The conclusion kinda redeemed my impression of the whole Last Encore series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2019 6:26 AM

Dec 2018
Hakuno want to see something new yet he was erased before he could see something new.

Rushed ending.

There's no Buddha till the end.

All that Twice ideology was nothing but a barrier to their goal.

1 of the lesson to be learned is you won't know till u try.
Kish0Jun 21, 2019 6:43 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Oct 1, 2019 10:40 AM
May 2016
I liked it. Sakura err Saber made the whole thing worth it. It can all be summed up in two words "Butt cleavage". It's different and confusing but still enjoyable in it's own way once you get used to it. ;)
Feb 4, 2020 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
I have to say it was the best Saber in the most boring Fate story so far. I did not mind Shaft so much, though ufotable set the standard pretty high for a good Fate adaption. Other Fate shows were more enjoyable due to more character interaction, this felt more like a "monster of the week" kinda show.
Apr 12, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2014
Absolutely forgettable. EASY

Jul 11, 2020 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
The last episode was good but the end itself was still kinda.. vague? Would like to say the series redeemed itself with those three episodes but it's still not happening, sadly.

Guess I'll play the game afterall, to tie all loose ends.
Dec 14, 2020 10:08 AM
Jan 2016
It was terrible as a stand-alone anime, you really need to have played the game (Fate/Extra) prior to appreciate and understand it. I actually liked the past 10 episodes before Leo, but just like the game this has a shitty ending, specifically Twice Pieceman and his dumb story.

Thankfully Fate/Extella, the sequel to Fate/Extra, retconned the ending of Fate/Extra.
Dec 18, 2020 7:11 PM

Dec 2015
I don't understand humans. I don't even know if I'm human anymore.

I just think I'm a new species.

UMU sapiens.
Jan 3, 2021 9:19 PM
Oct 2018
Citronvand said:
It was terrible as a stand-alone anime, you really need to have played the game (Fate/Extra) prior to appreciate and understand it.

Wait, seriously? Just finished it, really enjoyed it! never played Extra tho, but plan to, if it makes the story better, then I'll look forward to it even more.
Really sad that this anime isn't really liked tho, but oh well.
Mar 25, 2021 8:12 AM
Apr 2020
Well atleast we have a good conclusion..

I hate to say this, but this is the most underwhelming series of FATE. The freakin amount dialogues of this anime makes it more dislikeable. I wish SHAFT make the more fight scenes than conversations... I'll give this a final 7.5/10, considering on ending and animation.
May 27, 2021 11:37 PM

Jan 2009
so now the remaining human survivors can go to The Matrix or SERAPH computer too to mind upload themselves and continue living

ye Twice Pieceman the dead cannot touch the living

but i like Twice Piecemans idea before he became a doomer though that if we drain the planet dry then lets go flee to the stars to drain other planets lol

Hakuno risk his life to believe in the unknown future that is how Hopeful he is so we might see him again reincarnated better this time somewhere in The Matrix

Jan 25, 2022 2:13 PM
Dec 2020
Dont know why it is so hated and underrated like that, but I know that I loved the show, even though I didn't play the game. Yeah it was little confusing at the start, but it becomes so good then. Ofcourse it isn't like other Fate shows, and it has its flaws (or maybe some unexplained stuff), but rating it below 7/10 is so unfair.
Dialogue was pretty good, characters are likable, specially Saber, and I've come to like Hakuno later, plot is as I said above, little confusing but it is decent and new. Animation is Great, and OSTs are perfect.
Overall 7.5/10 for me
Jan 15, 2023 11:08 PM
Nov 2020
A lot of crap is thrown at this series of Fate. However, I for one really enjoyed the story. Nero was a great Saber that I would never have expected. Just a great character and her "Umu!" is addictive.
Mar 24, 2023 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
I wish I could destroy humanity too. I want to cull the population to my ideal number of about 500 million or so. I dream of creating a utopian society with fewer people, but each one is superhuman—quality over quantity.
It's nice to see Nero half-naked and all sweaty. I want to lick every inch of her body! She's so pretty with her hair down.
It's kinda sad to see Nero and Hakuno disappear. I hope they can meet again, but most likely not.
Hmm, interesting ending. So Rin is gonna repopulate the newly created world?
The main series was boring, but the OVA I kinda enjoyed. 7/10
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 PM
Jul 2023
“It felt like an unfinished dream” yeah, I’d say that’s a perfect way to describe this show. Surreal, yet incomplete.
- the end was very confusing. What is Rin running towards XD
- Nerooooo :( umu
- probably the most mediocre fate media
Jan 4, 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
fate has always had bad mcs, except zero. kiri was a good one.

shiro is unbearable n whiny

apocrypha has a dull lifeless homonculus.

well, thats the same guy in this one too. except, apo has a better cast, this one doesnt.

Jan 4, 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to Oujidere
One day later, it suddenly hit me. Where the fuck was Buddha???
@Oujidere the servant buddha died at the hands of female haku and nero 1000 years ago, and left his noble phantasm turret for the doctor coat guy master.
Mar 19, 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Didn’t totally understand everything but was an alright watch. Will have to google some explanations. Loved Saber as always.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Apr 14, 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
Great start with a bad ending. The story went boring after the sniper arc & mahou shojou arcs. 🤣
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Irusterias Tendousetsu Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 27, 2018

8 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Irusterias Tendouron Episode 1 Discussion

Username57 - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:18 PM

» What part does this play to Fate Extra?

Yas- - Apr 1, 2018

9 by Adatius »»
Oct 14, 2018 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.