Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 11:37 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anzu really has it though, she did win big but well gambling really gets the best of everyone in the end... the way she presented her present was really lovely though!

And damn Mishima is way too eager to work and her mothers reaction was golden! Really love this development but still wondering what happened to that girl on the island. Let's see what's next.
Aug 9, 2018 4:10 AM

Dec 2016
Oh my fucking god this show is adorable and amazing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2017
Tired of "middle schoolers get adult job"? Too bad, we're getting more of it! Ah, this is how all of this started. Hitomi just can't say "no" and now even her mother can't save her.
That Anzu part, oh my God. She is such a nic girl, I love her. Well, horse racing is risky but she wanted to show her gratitude! This show is great, the greatest.
Next time we'll see one of my favorite chapters. I'm laughing already :D
Aug 9, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2015
Hitomi is going to get this mystical "15 years of experience" while applying for job when she will be adult. ;D

Anzu is pure.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 12, 2018 1:58 AM

Jun 2013

I’m beginning to hate Utako a lot. She may be hot but she’s a fucking bitch. How dare she encourage second best girl, Hitomi to work, work, work and neglect her studies. She’s a selfish cow. My poor Hitomi. Bitch cow Utako is bullying her.

Also, Hitomi’s mom is loli fodder. She looks way too young for her age. She looks prettier and younger than Utako to be honest. Her mom is an idiot too. Yes, I get the fact that she’ll have more job prospects at better companies in the future but obviously Hitomi is not happy with her situation. She wouldn’t have called her mom there in the first place to “mess things up” if she was content.

I hope Hitomi saves all that money and cuts ties with her mother and Utako completely. She could live with Anzu somewhere.

Poor Anzu was corrupted by horse race addict, Sabu. He also got Nitta into trouble last episode. Fucking Sabu. Sabu, Utako and Hitomi’s mom all need to get hit by a fucking meteor.

Best girl, Anzu lost all her money because of that fucking idiot, Sabu. Hitomi was already willing to chip in to buy that massager. I hate him.
่‡ญใ„-
Aug 14, 2018 3:46 AM

Dec 2014
well poor kid hitomi…making up for her living…the settle comedy in the show is so surreal
Sep 11, 2018 11:07 AM
Nov 2015
The ending is just so fucking pure ;-; Crying again thanks to best girl Anzu
Sep 14, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
Hitomi is already an adult lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 30, 2018 6:31 AM

Oct 2009
i really don't see why this anime is a 8/10 :/
Oct 5, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like where this is going :/ Watching Hitomi working as a barman was funny, because she was studying and was earning some good money, now she just doesn't whatever she is asked to do. It's been hard for me to like Utako, especially after this episode... She was such a great character, now i just feel bad about her.

Poor Anzu :/ One episode to ruin everything.
A few episodes this anime was a 9/10 but now it's slightly becoming an 8/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 5, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Bibimbapski said:

I’m beginning to hate Utako a lot. She may be hot but she’s a fucking bitch. How dare she encourage second best girl, Hitomi to work, work, work and neglect her studies. She’s a selfish cow. My poor Hitomi. Bitch cow Utako is bullying her.

I hope Hitomi saves all that money and cuts ties with her mother and Utako completely. She could live with Anzu somewhere.

Poor Anzu was corrupted by horse race addict, Sabu. He also got Nitta into trouble last episode. Fucking Sabu. Sabu, Utako and Hitomi’s mom all need to get hit by a fucking meteor.

Best girl, Anzu lost all her money because of that fucking idiot, Sabu. Hitomi was already willing to chip in to buy that massager. I hate him.

100% agreed fam! I feel so bad about where this is going :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 22, 2018 8:16 PM

Dec 2010
Anzu is such a good kid...
Jan 8, 2019 2:16 AM

May 2016
Utako's a really bad influence on Hitomi for coercing her into getting a high-rise apartment flat and unintentionally forcing her to get so many jobs at once. She's stacked with cash, has many successful business opportunities, her own luxurious place to live in, and made her mom proud but the overwhelming adult lifestyle took a toll on her happiness and enjoyment towards living. Nitta noticed her dissatisfaction so I hope he'll help her out soon.

Anzu loves the feeling of receiving money but she actually doesn't have any use for it except for buying stuff for others. She might not be well-off compared to the others but she has a heart of gold for her family. She might've gambled all her money away because of bad influence Sabu but that gave her an opportunity to give an even more heartwarming gift to them. Anzu's the definition of wholesome every single time ;~;

Jan 23, 2019 5:03 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
Hitomi is honestly too good for this universe man. She works so hard as a middle schooler? I don't even work that hard as an adult. But I have to say her making connections like that is almost genius. But considering Nitta was getting harrassed by everyone by being a shitty caregiver at the start, he's the only one who notices Hitomi being upset at all this.

Anzu is so precious I have no words for it.
Feb 4, 2019 7:13 PM

Dec 2016
I'm glad that Anzu could give her parents a nice and touching present after all. ♥

However, how could Hitomi's mother let her daughter have so many jobs? (or rather, have any job...). Poor Hitomi, she needs to start saying the word "No". xD
Feb 25, 2019 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
Omg Anzu is so precious I can't take it!
Apr 24, 2019 12:50 PM
Jan 2019
Where can I find a perfect girl like Hitomi? Please tell me :(
May 15, 2019 7:42 PM

Sep 2017
Kinda funny how Hitomi is more mature than 95% of the adults in this show. She's gone through a lot, huh. Anzu's character progression was also super nice. It's been really awesome seeing Hitomi, Anzu, and Hina slowly grow over the course of these episodes.
May 19, 2019 12:58 AM

Feb 2018
sometimes gambling is only good at the beginning.
Jun 12, 2019 6:03 AM

Oct 2012
I mean Hitomi's mom looks like 14

Poor Hitomi, she's truly the adult
Kinda feel bad for her she can't have fun like other kids
Maybe she'll have brighter future, who knows.. We'll never know
This anime won't let us see them grow up anyway :P

That's the danger of gambling, once you win you feel like you want more
I'd suggest to stop when you gamble once especially if you win the 1st gamble
At least Anzu learnt something today
"Signature removed"
Jul 6, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2013
Whahahahha. Hitomi is such a mature girl but she can't say no. She gets Busier. Pretty sure that her studies will get affected if she kept working. Her mother didn't help her at all lmao. But Hitomi experienced the life of a working girl which I could really relate to.

Anzu is such a nice girl, she doesn't think about herself and would make the old ones who takes care of her happy. Damn that Saru or Sabu? He makes things worse lol. But surely, Anzu learned something and didn't use her powers to win. Nice episode. I really like Anzu.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Aug 14, 2019 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was so ironically real lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 25, 2020 1:55 AM

Feb 2018
Mishima is too kind to decline the job offers and lol her mother's reaction is gold.
And Anyu is too cute with having that money and losing it.
Jul 26, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
Ohhhhh myyyyyy GGOOOOODDDDDD! THE LEVEL OF HUMBLENESS!!!!!!! AND CAREEEEE! Its just too muchhh!!!,...

Honestly though that quote; "Have I ever really met a real adult in my entire life?" -- "... ... ... nope... ..."
That shit right there was priceless and golden lmfao!
The horse racing just made everything better! - I gotta admit I am overwhelmingly sad Hitomi has to work all those hours, people complained about her mom looking young but i think she had hitomi as a teen someone mentioned in the show. - So yeah i think that explains the young mom look

I also feel bad for Anzu not getting that massager but that was probably the most adorable part when she offered the free shoulder rubs -- i gotta admit i thought he was gonna have em massage the dudes feet for payment instead of horse betting to - but yeah, my last thoughts...
Why hasn't Hitomi just given 2-3 of her extra jobs to Anzu who totally deserves it, they both have a strong worth ethic, I'm sure she could vouch for her and work something out.
Aug 11, 2020 4:32 AM

Apr 2017
Urgh, Utako was really immature and annoying. I get that she's supposed to be selfish for comedy, but exploiting and bullying a middle schooler like that made her the most unlikeable character in the show for me. Hitomi's mother's reaction was weird too. Kind of depressing when Hitomi realizes she doesn't know any adult that can be relied on.

GodOfWolves said:
Why hasn't Hitomi just given 2-3 of her extra jobs to Anzu who totally deserves it, they both have a strong worth ethic, I'm sure she could vouch for her and work something out.

Even if she's making a lot of money, Hitomi still couldn't afford living at that apartment on only one job. She probably wants to save up more money so she can afford rent in the future.
Aug 11, 2020 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
GodOfWolves said:

Even if she's making a lot of money, Hitomi still couldn't afford living at that apartment on only one job. She probably wants to save up more money so she can afford rent in the future.[/quote]

Maybe you're right that she needs to afford the apartment also, but at the same time she did wanna go home if i remember correctly and her mom just like shrugged her off,,
It woulda been interesting to see her give the jobs to Anzu then tell her mom, that her friend beat her out of the job and now she needs to come home, cause shes living on a smaller paycheck.(s) seeings she did wanna go home,
And the reason shes working is blackmail/she cant say "no." - overall still a great story, hopefully it gets a season 2 eventually,
Aug 15, 2020 4:32 AM

Apr 2017
GodOfWolves said:
Maybe you're right that she needs to afford the apartment also, but at the same time she did wanna go home if i remember correctly and her mom just like shrugged her off,,
It woulda been interesting to see her give the jobs to Anzu then tell her mom, that her friend beat her out of the job and now she needs to come home, cause shes living on a smaller paycheck.(s) seeings she did wanna go home,
And the reason shes working is blackmail/she cant say "no." - overall still a great story, hopefully it gets a season 2 eventually,

Yeah, the entire episode was basically a cry for help. Doesn't Hitomi outright question what all her effort is for, at one point? All her actions and misery are a result of her being pushed around by others, not deciding things for herself. Maybe her mom assumed Hitomi was more resilient and career-driven than she thought. Idk, I didn't vibe with this subplot at all.

And I do agree it would've been a better story to have Hitomi return home and focus on school again (while maybe keeping one job), and having Anzu do the other jobs, but I think where Anzu ended up did a lot of good for her as well.
Nov 6, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2018
Rip Anzu, she got high on beginner's luck haha

Poor Hitomi, unable to reject her job offers
Jan 12, 2021 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
Eh? Hitomi can't say no. She'll be burned out working even before going to college, maybe before she even gets to high school.

I blame Sabu for all what happened to Anzu's money on the last half. Hitomi was initially hesitant and anxious on horse race betting but it seems she ended up betting in between, and even managed to win one bet.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 5, 2021 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
The hitomi part of this episode was the anime version of NTR, hard to watch and absolutely disgusting.
Sep 28, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2020
man those adults are fucking disgusting
Apr 28, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2020
Anzu stole the show. Why the show is named Hina.
Nov 14, 2022 12:16 AM

Oct 2022
The quick montage of all Hitomi’s Jobs made me crack up. I wonder what will finally make her crack and say No.

Feb 11, 2023 8:12 PM
Nov 2020
Omg the adults are absolute fucking scum, Sabu and Utako really infuriated me and made me disgusted with this episode. Anzu and Hitomi really don’t deserve this and those adults are starting to lower my score down for the whole show, mostly Utako with her blackmailing ass. Unrelated but I also just realized that Hina wasn’t in this episode at all
Apr 17, 2023 1:49 PM
Jan 2020
this episode was so goodd
Aug 15, 2023 12:26 AM

Jun 2020
What’s up with Utako? The only parts in the OP she’s in now are the negative parts, not just the ending of it. And she’s also vanished from the ED.

She also treated Hitomi like shit, I hope that this is building up to something. It was nice for Anzu to have another emotional moment, but I feel Hitomi deserves a lot more resolution right now.
Feb 26, 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
With Hitomi, now it's gonna be difficult for children to find reasons for not earning money and having a career kkkkkkk

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
You could argue these employers who didn't know better *could* get a pass on unknowingly introducing a middleschooler to corporate hell but Hitomi's own mom actively encouraging it? Even Nitta's parental instincts were fired up by how messed up that was, god damn.

One of the few times Anzu felt tempted to exploit her powers and not wanting a horse to get hurt is what stops her. She's already best girl, but if the show wants to supply more evidence to that notion then I'm not gonna complain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

225 by Jdmeesey »»
Apr 10, 8:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.