Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Nero...she never ceases to make a moment in this show that's energetic and bubbly.
First half of this episode had some oddball moments in particular the character interactions between her and Hakuno.

I have to admit though, it feels like the two have grown a lot closer than they've first met. Al

Nero is still bringing her A-game as usual in battle so she hasn't lost her touch there.
Mar 24, 2018 9:02 AM

Feb 2018
This one didn't live up the hype. Not as good as the last two episodes. Still, it gave Hakuno the much needed development. I prefer him when he's being nice and not a downer all the time. His relationship with Nero also grew, which was great.

Particularly disappointed with the fights. They were painful to watch. I'd rather read those fights than watch them. What the fuck, SHAFT.
Hate_and_RageMar 24, 2018 10:08 AM
Mar 24, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 2010
That cockroach whore should never be allowed to utter more than the retarded pokemon catchphrase. Just listening makes me nauseous, christ.
Mar 24, 2018 10:35 AM

Apr 2015

And I am dead. Call the ambulance please this is all I could have wanted

My precious nervous wreck hakuno(n) is still alive and breathing and not forgotten, out of focus or not.

*deds off to corner*

Well not everything I could have wanted, but you know.

I've heard the fight is disappointing...a few scenes of it, yeah it really is.Thats uh...yeah they haven't really be on the ball with fights here. Disappointing they're struggling so much.
EmphaticPikachuMar 24, 2018 10:53 AM
Mar 24, 2018 10:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
one more for the end? i cannot imagine how will end!!!
Well, Nero marked the rhythm of the episode between action and feelings!!
Mar 24, 2018 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
That...was an episode I guess.

It's nice to see Nero get her name dropped finally, and get some much needed development, but Hakunon was wasted as Nero's exposition machine.

Those last fights sucked.

They presumably had Rani save the guys last week as that giant, but it's never shown again and then she dies again?

Also demi-servant Rin still doesn't have any explanation despite being interoduced episodes ago and Hakuno and Nero having several opportunities to ask about it.

What are you doing Shaft/Nasu?
-Sherou-Mar 24, 2018 11:45 AM

Mar 24, 2018 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
If the main couple were Hakunon x Tamamo the anime certainly become a huge sucess. A Yuri better than Citrus, lol. If they make a Fate/Extella anime they can correct this, Hakunon x Altera surely will be great.

Mar 24, 2018 6:37 PM

Feb 2016
Hardgore_Lasagna said:
If the main couple were Hakunon x Tamamo the anime certainly become a huge sucess. A Yuri better than Citrus, lol. If they make a Fate/Extella anime they can correct this, Hakunon x Altera surely will be great.

A friend of mine believes there will be a second cour for this anime, you think that maybe Tamamo appears there?

BTW: Every Yuri couple is better than Citrus honestly xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2018 6:44 PM

Feb 2016
Well that was quite a good episode actually, we finally got Nero's Name and some development between the MC and her. The fights were good, didn't bothered me at all.

SherouCreationEX said:

Also demi-servant Rin still doesn't have any explanation despite being interoduced episodes ago and Hakuno and Nero having several opportunities to ask about it.

Did you miss the post credits scene? It seems that Rin's role was to prepare "a proper master" for the last floor. I'm still curious about her, we may get more information in the last episode.
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Feb 2016
StardustReverie said:
That cockroach whore should never be allowed to utter more than the retarded pokemon catchphrase. Just listening makes me nauseous, christ.

Nice hate mate, your 1/10 is shining here actually
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2018 8:26 PM

Sep 2015
Hakunon's flashback was just about she is a NPC and Saber's story.

There is Sakura but just her own voice.

Hakunon was still voiceless during the flashback.

Hakunon said clear Saber is Nero but why when Saber about to say her name to Hakuno they mute it?

Why they still hide Hakunon's face when she talking with Hhakuno?

The battle was about 5 minute total for both of them

Rani and Rin said their job is finally done and Rin will stick around a bit longer while Rani finally can rest first.

WHAT ABOUT A GIANT LU BU ON THE LAST EPISODE!?

or maybe explain how Hakuno's dream on reach that room and met Hakunon?

EmphaticPikachu said:

My precious nervous wreck hakuno(n) is still alive and breathing and not forgotten, out of focus or not.

*deds off to corner*

I've heard the fight is disappointing...a few scenes of it, yeah it really is.Thats uh...yeah they haven't really be on the ball with fights here. Disappointing they're struggling so much.

Loli Hakunon is the best!
ZBlastHistoryMar 24, 2018 8:31 PM
Into the Internet!
Mar 24, 2018 11:57 PM
Jun 2015
StardustReverie said:

And yet you WILL come back for more.
Shit bait pleb. Be less obvious next time.
Mar 25, 2018 5:57 AM

Apr 2015
Hardgore_Lasagna said:

Yeah, that would have been great <3
HakunonXtamamo would have been totally awesome haha. Tamamo is a fascinating yuri ship because of her husband insistence and all that stuff.
It does create some great gender dynamics, its part of the reason its one of my favorites.

ZBlastHistory said:

EmphaticPikachu said:

*deds off to corner*

w-woah, hold on there, haha. My love for this scene has nothing to do with her being a loli or not. It has more to do with it being representational of everything that happens to game hakuno(n), as a girl too, just like I played. Haha.
I don't even think she's a loli she just doesn't have the biggest boobs, thats mean. :<
Mar 25, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2008
In the game you can choose between Saber (Nero), Archer (EMIYA) and Caster (Tamamo).

Hakunon choose Saber.
I think Hakuno choose Archer (EMIYA) in the previous loop. In the flashback with Alice, he has magic seals that recall elements of the clock. EMIYA has the gears in his Noble Phantasm.

In the first episode, stone Archer is happy when he is defeated by Hakuno.

No love for Caster from Shaft/Nasu.
Mar 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
Nero's flashback was animated in the style of Hajime Ueda, right?
Mar 25, 2018 1:53 PM

Sep 2015
EmphaticPikachu said:
Hardgore_Lasagna said:

Yeah, that would have been great <3
HakunonXtamamo would have been totally awesome haha. Tamamo is a fascinating yuri ship because of her husband insistence and all that stuff.
It does create some great gender dynamics, its part of the reason its one of my favorites.

ZBlastHistory said:

w-woah, hold on there, haha. My love for this scene has nothing to do with her being a loli or not. It has more to do with it being representational of everything that happens to game hakuno(n), as a girl too, just like I played. Haha.
I don't even think she's a loli she just doesn't have the biggest boobs, thats mean. :<

Ah that scene of Hakunon made me think she is because this one are the most childish look i ever seen about her.

There is only like Shoujo Ai of Hakunon.
Into the Internet!
Mar 25, 2018 11:24 PM

Apr 2016
Harem protagonist continue being harem protagonist.

"Final" episode with the blonde dude, can't wait to be done with this.

Also mr. subber, please dont do "umu" as "indeed", only villains do that.
Mar 26, 2018 12:13 AM
Jul 2016
Kyon90 said:

No love for Caster from Shaft/Nasu

Well, she got a sticker.
Mar 26, 2018 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
It's good to see more development for Hakuno and Saber. As for Rin, I guess that she may actually be an NPC made using original Rin's memories. That would explain her having memories of the third floor. Also, the real Rin shouldn't even be alive at this point in time.
Mar 26, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2014
Hahaha gawd Nasu nice meta comment from you. (For reference i refer to the dialog between Saber & Hakuno after he woke up)

Welp so they confirmed the loop and the identity of this Hakuno. Altough i dont really see/understand the major difference between Hakuno with malice vs the Hakuno with amnesia. I mean yes indeed as it was said in this episode they are fundamentally the same but due circumstances different. (I mean yeah i understand what Nasu tryd to imply/wanted the fans of the games to understand)
But their nature is still the same even if he owns the fragments left behind from all those who died in the 999 years loop & it doesnt really help that even the events from the game overlap or did happen prior to the whole loop due Piercemen winning against Hakunon in the original timeline.

The only question i have now regarding Rin & Rani why they themselves didnt choose to go up on their own if they still have the means to ascend. Rani with Lu Bu & Rin with her pseudo-servant transformation.

Great episode tho i wanted more from Hakunon gawd after all she got a voice MORE LINES PLS.

PS: EP10 may not be the final episode well it isnt^^. But we dont know how many new episodes will be released later on or if this show gets OVA or ONA episodes something like that or does simply continue after their special broadcast/annoucment event.
MonoReaperMar 26, 2018 4:40 AM
Mar 26, 2018 5:50 AM

Feb 2013
That was sad, the ones she protected didn't do anything for her, they abandoned her in the end.
Mar 26, 2018 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
I really liked the style that they used for Nero's flashback into her past. Once again, it's reminiscent to the style used in Madoka Magica. The flashback itself was sad though. D=

Overall, there was a solid development between Hakuno and Nero and the fights they both had against Julius and Berserker respectively was pretty decent as well. I'm glad that Rin is sticking with them again. =)
Mar 26, 2018 6:30 AM

Jun 2016
I still believe that Hakunon should have been the MC
and I hope there won't be a second season.
Mar 26, 2018 6:38 AM

Nov 2016
I'm still liking the style of this show very much,but I don't really care for the characters and their story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2018 6:40 AM

Dec 2014
This certainly was an episode I liked.

Nero's backstory, I'm assuming it's told in more detail in the games but I guess this was good enough.

Hakuno was much more likable in this episode than in all of the previous ones.

Fights were okay.
Mar 26, 2018 7:21 AM
Mar 2016
TzwTzw said:

there will obviosuly be a second season considering next week is the last episode. it will might be a 4 episode special or something but its pretty much season 2
Mar 26, 2018 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
EclipseWinter said:
TzwTzw said:

there will obviosuly be a second season considering next week is the last episode. it will might be a 4 episode special or something but its pretty much season 2

I heard that it's not selling that well. So maybe there wont be a budget for a second season though.
Mar 26, 2018 7:29 AM
Mar 2016
TzwTzw said:
EclipseWinter said:

I heard that it's not selling that well. So maybe there wont be a budget for a second season though.

i heard both sides. i heard it was doing well in japan and it definetly needs a second season considering the next episode would have to be seriously rushed to reach the end.
Mar 26, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2014
TzwTzw said:
EclipseWinter said:

Well Hakuno & Hakunon are already both the MC of the story they may be male & female but are the same. There is no difference between them besides the fact one is male and theother female.

It was already annoucent that something will follow shortly after this so sells have no affect on this show as they intended to finish the story.
After all even if it does make minus Fate alone will sell always enough to make profit cause of the huge franchise it is in japan.
And dont forget Nasu`s Noble Phantasm Unlimited Budget Works will never cease to be.
Mar 26, 2018 9:37 AM

Oct 2017
The only nice part about this ep is Nero's backstory; it's glad to know about her and also her former Master. On the other hand, the fights, as usual, are so plain and boring. The Kung fu guy died so easily; I expected to see some more of him though. They didn't even mention how Rani survived to this floor, did they? She just came back out of nowhere and disappeared again. But this time she wouldn't come back huh? :((( I'd say I expect to see some interesting stuffs next week :P
Mar 26, 2018 9:54 AM
Mar 2016
1 more to go UMU! Wtf UMU, Rani is alive?!

The last time I've check Nero is a guy, so wtf does Type Moon make such great men in history into females in their anime/manga/novel franchise ?????UMU!

Hummm, so Rin Tooska, does have an hidden agenda with the two, she plans to take them out, but not just yet, maybe when they reach the grail. Or both Rin and Rani will be the duo's next opponent.
Mar 26, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
are they gonna fight the Buddha next?

the female version of the main character seems to have more personality
Mar 26, 2018 11:55 AM

Mar 2012
HereticHunter said:
Well that was quite a good episode actually, we finally got Nero's Name and some development between the MC and her. The fights were good, didn't bothered me at all.

SherouCreationEX said:

Did you miss the post credits scene? It seems that Rin's role was to prepare "a proper master" for the last floor. I'm still curious about her, we may get more information in the last episode.

There are seven stratums, not 6. Rani and Rin were talking about how they were meant to prepare him for the 6th statrum's master, who we don't know about yet. Saber's master is on the 7th stratum, just before Twice. In the game, Rin or Rani are on the 6th stratum.
Mar 26, 2018 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
KuroYume-96 said:
are they gonna fight the Buddha next?

the female version of the main character seems to have more personality

No, according to the game, Rin or Rani would be next. However, it seems the anime might do something different for the 6th stratum. 7th is a boy who has Saber. and THEN it's Twice with Nirvana/Buddha.
Mar 26, 2018 12:15 PM

May 2015
UMU counter: 6 UMU's this episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 26, 2018 12:25 PM
Feb 2017
Wait for Blu-ray and DVD to appear and then we will see how the sales will go, in my opinion if will get 5000 sales surely will get a second season!
Mar 26, 2018 1:10 PM
Sep 2013
“The victorious lost sight of life. The defeated lost sight of death. There are two beats in the coronary world. No one remains to speak of the Unlimited—-”

This is the hint for next episode some people think we might get archer, anyway pretty good episode still can't understand why some people are still watching if they hate everyone and hate Nero lol.
Mar 26, 2018 1:16 PM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed the Owarimonogatari (third opening) style SHAFT used for the flashback this episode. I was expecting some German music at one point..
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Mar 26, 2018 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't know the Heartless could fight each other. Now it seems that our heroes are continuing their ascension to obtain Kingdom Hearts
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 26, 2018 2:16 PM

Feb 2017
We finally got Saber's backstory, that was the most interesting part of the episode for me. I also find Hakuno's development pretty interesting so far.

We finally got to see Golden Theater, Nero's Noble Phantasm, which was pretty cool. I know this was said some million times, but man... fights in this show are really disappointing.

Mar 26, 2018 5:58 PM
Jun 2017
UMU!!! UMU!!!! UMU!!!! The first half is all about Nero's past. and the second part is the battle part between the Boss of that floor and haruko. I love it, Saber uses her noble phantasm for the first time!!!

nice episode!!! lets see the final episode next week!!! (1st cour)
Mar 26, 2018 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
This episode's animation quality is a bit subpar in terms of character expression, but still good episode. I'm a bit surprised that this series is ending at 10 ep. though. Here's hoping there'll be a second season because Nero and Hakuno make a great team.
Mar 26, 2018 7:58 PM

Mar 2008
A nice job handling Nero's backstory. Presented in a nice way, good style, and it helps show off the female Hakuno at the same time. You get what those two went through and the difficulties that Hakuno faced in terms of her identity and effectively being an NPC.

Nice to get Nero's NP brought into it as well. A pretty powerful ability especially when combined with some of her darn good skills.
Mar 26, 2018 10:00 PM

Dec 2014
True, the fights were underwhelming, but the intriguing plot and Nero carry the show and keep things nice to be one of the shows I look forward to most this season. Still, I felt like that could've been better animated or choreographed just to hammer home Hakuno's newfound development. Having Shaft work on two high profile series at once might've been a pretty bad idea, although 3-gatsu is very well animated so I guess a lot of the resources went there instead.
I need sleep.
Mar 27, 2018 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
I literally wanted to drop this anime in the middle of the episode.

Hakunon has so much more personality and is not an annoying downer 24/7.

So much potential down the drain...
Mar 27, 2018 9:13 AM

Sep 2016
The show's ending next episode :'(

Brilliant anime so far. I doubt my final score will go lower than 8. It's currently at a well deserved 9 but the final episode will decide everything.
Mar 27, 2018 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
Well, this was a trainwreck. The flashback was good, Hakunon showed more personality and spirit here than Hakuno and... then Hakuno shows that he hasn't taken anything away from the previous scenes, before heading off into a badly animated battle that felt even more static than expected.

SHAFT does a lot of fancy stuff with camera angles and short sequences, but this here failed utterly. The movements actually reminded me of David Cage's Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. You know, the final battle against the Oracle, Matrix-style. Just that that one, as drawn out as it was, had an actual choreography. The fights here lacked impact, both in terms of animation and sound design. It was a disappointing mess.

Nero and Hakunon are the only good thing about this episode, and neither were done justice in this series. What the hell happened.
Mar 28, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2017
Saber's past is good. The fight was short but not bad. The only thing that i don't like it is how Rani survived. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2018 11:01 PM

Feb 2015
The fight animation was pretty abysmal. Shaft can't be arsed anymore
Mar 30, 2018 9:50 PM
Mar 2018
Not as great as the Alice episodes but this one was good too. Saber's past was so beautifully done, it was a great scene, and I'm so happy to see female Hakuno. And did you guys catch the yakisoba bread reference?

I hope Shaft upgrades the fighting animation for the Blu-ray, it wasn't bad but it could have looked better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.