Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 1, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2008
MOD NOTE:
Due to the numerous reports being received in regards to Saber's identity, which has not yet been revealed in the anime, please only refer to her as Saber (or Red Saber) unless you use spoiler tags, until the episode where her identity is revealed.
Mar 1, 2018 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
My favorite is Tamamo, i hope she appears. but the adaption isnt bad.

its pretty much the same as the game or aka sequel

im liking it so far despite all the hate people been giving to Extra

i hated how the MC was a useless brat in game and hes changed in anime. same with the school setting

Mar 2, 2018 2:12 AM
Jul 2007
Hate_and_Rage said:
superzombie23 said:
The only part I didn't like was when Blackmore got shot. I didn't know what that cube thing was in the smoke, and then the main guy suddenly got a gun from out of nowhere... I didn't get it.

In Episode 4, when Hakuno and Rani talk in the graveyard, Rani explains how her clones work. They're basically programs made by her. She then shows that program, it is a blue-ish cube. She explains that if she can turn this program not only into copies of herself, but also into objects such as a sword or a gun. Here's an image of that cube.

In this episode, after Rani gets shot, Hakuno saves her life by carrying her away into the forest. He asks Rani if she can fight. Rani nods. We are to presume that's when Rani gives this program to Hakuno. We see the same cube appear when Hakuno uses the gun, so it's a fair assumption.

This was overly subtle. They showed a brief glimpse of the cube a week ago, said it could turn into a gun, and a week later, the cube returned, turned into a gun. It's easy to miss it or forget about it in a week unless you're paying really close attention.

I was about to say there was NO way I would remember that after a week. In the last episode, they showed that cube up close (your picture) for like literally half a second. They did show it in her hand before that moment, but they didn't zoom in on it or anything. It was way too small to take seriously. I might have connected it in a binge watch though.
eraltergMar 2, 2018 2:24 AM
Mar 2, 2018 3:27 AM

Feb 2018
superzombie23 said:
Hate_and_Rage said:

In Episode 4, when Hakuno and Rani talk in the graveyard, Rani explains how her clones work. They're basically programs made by her. She then shows that program, it is a blue-ish cube. She explains that if she can turn this program not only into copies of herself, but also into objects such as a sword or a gun. Here's an image of that cube.

In this episode, after Rani gets shot, Hakuno saves her life by carrying her away into the forest. He asks Rani if she can fight. Rani nods. We are to presume that's when Rani gives this program to Hakuno. We see the same cube appear when Hakuno uses the gun, so it's a fair assumption.

This was overly subtle. They showed a brief glimpse of the cube a week ago, said it could turn into a gun, and a week later, the cube returned, turned into a gun. It's easy to miss it or forget about it in a week unless you're paying really close attention.

I was about to say there was NO way I would remember that after a week. In the last episode, they showed that cube up close (your picture) for like literally half a second. They did show it in her hand before that moment, but they didn't zoom in on it or anything. It was way too small to take seriously. I might have connected it in a binge watch though.

Yeah, I get it. It is an easy to miss thing. Even I didn't remember the cube. I remembered Rani saying her clones could turn into a gun, though. In this episode, Rani helped Hakuno use a gun. That's why I went back to check it and noticed the cube. The cube is almost impossible to notice, the dialogue was a better giveaway than the cube. I'm just explaining that since you asked about it.
Mar 2, 2018 8:03 AM

Sep 2016
Many hidden meanings between simple acts. I really liked this episode a lot. Both the opening and ending continue to grow on me and Hakuno's evil face (or whatever it was called) gave me the chills. Don't know what to expect next, but this show is going really good.
Mar 2, 2018 11:48 AM
Jan 2010
This is bad to the point of cringe. You can't look at the MC superpower crap without averting your eyes.
It can't even seem to decide what it wants to be, generic action shit or 2deep4you technobabble. The motivations of the characters don't exist. Characters who we don't know AND care about dying left and right. The setting isn't explained. Stupid past recollections taken straight from extra when this could've been just that, extra. It's like them saying "hey here's extra you want it? TOO BAD" cut to meaningless secretive gibberish/powerpoint fight scene. The animation is godawful. red is a disfigured whore midget with a disgusting retard voice and rin isn't much better. Thankfully this piece of shit won't sell anything and this series can finally die in peace.
StardustReverieMar 2, 2018 11:51 AM
Mar 2, 2018 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
Lewd Saber is best Saber
Mar 5, 2018 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nah! UMU & ABU is too overpowered!

Mar 9, 2018 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
So clocktower guy was not a real master so he couldn't ascend anyway. Why then can the MC ascend by killing him? Just because he's this "floor master"?
Mar 9, 2018 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
zemrood said:
So clocktower guy was not a real master so he couldn't ascend anyway. Why then can the MC ascend by killing him? Just because he's this "floor master"?

The clock tower guy was the floor master who already "lost previously" but somehow revived so hos authority to ascend was taken away.
The MC is a legit Master so he only needs to complete a duel with a master/servant pair to ascend
Mar 10, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Was an OK episode.
Never thought of Robin Hood as a heroic spirit...
Mar 11, 2018 12:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Predictable development, and boring strategy!!!
Well, bye to Robin Hood and Dan Blackmore, and our "heroes" up one floor!!!!
Mar 13, 2018 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
Man I love the concept that this is a sexual to the game and how they explained the floor masters and why they can't advance. The first segment showed how Dan Blackmore was in the original game. This episode was well done.

They even talked about saber of reds last stand three times skill in how she evaded Yew Bow well done. Also told sabers story that is an interlude in Fyi that was a nice touch. Couple cameo servants that was cool to see from fgo as well. This series is turning out better than Apo.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 16, 2018 12:09 PM
Jun 2017
This was actually worth the watch, Hakuno's Deadface ability seems interesting, I think I have an idea of what it can do.
Mar 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Hmmm... pretty meh episode. I didn't find Blackmore's and Hood's backstory anything close to good and their demise was just fast and weak when compared to Shinji before. No emotional factor in all this too. And I don't think they did the good job to explain things this time, many things didn't clicked at all and I certainly woundn't say I wasn't paying an attention.

Also, Rin really has some talent to always disappear and reapper, where she was all the time during the fight and how come Blackmore didn't notice here. I hope they explain this pretty soon as it would be stupid if it happened several times again.
Mar 23, 2018 4:27 AM

Aug 2017
The fight was short but real. Archer is not a fighter, so that have much sense. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 4, 2018 5:10 PM
May 2017
The first 5 minutes clarify some things. Very good to see a dedicated time to explain more about the story.
But at the same time it brings new doubts.
Who is the servant with big ears? Who is your master? And why was he poisoned?
We learned a little about Moon Cell and why some characters are coming back to life.
Once again we see that the MC has the attention of the episode stolen by the Saber while his personality is little developed.
Rani was also very poorly developed, weak personality and I didn't care about his death even after the drama forced around it.
Rin suddenly appears at the end. It is disappointing how MC gave little importance to her absence. What had she been doing all this time?
The action scenes were fast and weak. This really disappointed me. After all, this was one of the strong traits of other Fates. But we notice a more strategic fight in this episode where Dan uses the bell as a bait along with a clone and the MC uses Rani's cube to create a weapon.

Jun 20, 2019 8:22 AM

Dec 2018
Lol Hakuno being treated as a pawn.

Some troublesome guy he face, he's motive was only victory, that's it.

I bet Rin had some ulterior motive, especially in previous episode when she's saying she still want to use him. She's been watching the fight and not helping them.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 29, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
I don't quite get how she won, I'll just assume it was the power of UMU. Glad I was not the only one who asked himself why Rin was there in the end.
May 25, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
the Archer is Robin Hood eh

and Hakuno is a zombie then or reincarnated?
Dec 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2023
Damn nice one Saber, stay with that look!
Dec 5, 2023 6:58 AM
Jul 2023
Halfway through, but i still feel nothing
- The fight between Saber and Robin hood had some really good art on the special effects, but like i would have loved to see Saber in action for once.
- Hakuno did that weird transformation again, this time summoning a sniper?
- Poor Robin Hood being forced to fight for 999 years
- RIP Rani...
- Rin is back.... what the hell is going on with her man she just shows up at the ends of episodes and then is never mentioned
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Sep 2016
It was neat to see Fuuma Kotarou for all of ten seconds XD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.