Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
MOD NOTE:
Due to the numerous spoiler reports being received in regards to Saber's identity, which has not yet been revealed in the anime, please only refer to her as Saber (or Red Saber) unless you use spoiler tags, until the episode where her identity is revealed.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saber looked ready to kick ass this episode lul
Didnt' take long to get a fight between her and Robin Hood.

Hakuno also experienced something rather memorable. I'm not sure what to think of the Saber/Robin Hood fight. Part of me liked it and otherwise, I thought it was rather meh. Rani D:

Mod edit: Renamed spoiler to class name
sarroushMar 1, 2018 12:59 PM
Feb 24, 2018 7:40 AM
Jan 2018
Way better fight than the Drake one i guess.
Feb 24, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2014
Killing Hakunon wasn't enough for me, that's why they also killed Rani, yeah? Arigato, Nasu. And yea, Dan/Acha fight is better than Shinji/Rider's, but is still far from ideal. The music is still super cool btw.
Feb 24, 2018 9:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Robin Hood attacks!!! Well, the episode was a little disappointed!!!
Feb 24, 2018 11:32 AM
Mar 2014
idk but Im still feeling kind of meh about the series so far. Seems kinda slow and not THAT much happens. Really disappointing but we'll see how it goes
Feb 24, 2018 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/399278677390655488/417047777667710977/vlcsnap-2018-02-24-14h55m30s963.png?width=900&height=507

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/399278677390655488/417047780800987166/vlcsnap-2018-02-24-14h55m54s661.png?width=900&height=507

Teasing and taunting me I swear
aaaaaadsfksjkjsdfk
EDIT: Yes, I am aware it is not tamamo. Doesn't change the fact that the shoes looked like hers for a split second-

And Suzuka is from CCC fox tail. :<
Well I actually enjoyed this episode. At least the fight didn't feel as awkward. The fuck is deadface though. op pls Cool though.

I've never really seen a Shaft show before so I really am anticpating the BD releases to look different.
EmphaticPikachuFeb 24, 2018 12:05 PM
Feb 24, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2013
I'm just going to accept that the fights aren't the main draw of Last Encore, which is fine because I'm invested enough into learning about the world and what the hell went wrong in SERAPH and how things got to this point. Might help that I haven't played Extra, although I have some passing familiarity with it from the discussions and references to it I've seen. I really hope that SHAFT does a good job cleaning up things for the Bluray

Nice cameos by
this episode
Feb 24, 2018 9:06 PM

Sep 2015
So the event from the game still happen but it was before "bug" happen?

Hakuno can control his "red face" thing? or is another "face" now?

Is this Dan's grave? how? then who is this Dan who fighting Hakuno?

Rani is dead now.

Oh and Rin is back when they back to "My Room" after done with 2nd floor.

I wonder how much Shaft will make 3rd battle more insane and who will the next resistant?

EmphaticPikachu said:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/399278677390655488/417047777667710977/vlcsnap-2018-02-24-14h55m30s963.png?width=900&height=507

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/399278677390655488/417047780800987166/vlcsnap-2018-02-24-14h55m54s661.png?width=900&height=507

aaaaaadsfksjkjsdfk
EDIT: Yes, I am aware it is not tamamo. Doesn't change the fact that the shoes looked like hers for a split second-

Well I actually enjoyed this episode. At least the fight didn't feel as awkward. The fuck is deadface though. op pls Cool though.

I've never really seen a Shaft show before so I really am anticpating the BD releases to look different.

I think its Tamamo

You kinda see a "ribbon" along with a "fox ears" but there also a "sword" flying on too i am not so sure.
Into the Internet!
Feb 24, 2018 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
ZBlastHistory said:

Rani is dead now.

I wonder how much Shaft will make 3rd battle more insane and who will the next resistant?

EmphaticPikachu said:

aaaaaadsfksjkjsdfk

I think its Tamamo

You kinda see a "ribbon" along with a "fox ears" but there also a "sword" flying on too i am not so sure.

Not Tamamo, she's a different foxgirl servant.

Probably this one:
Feb 24, 2018 10:43 PM

Feb 2016
ZBlastHistory said:

Rani is dead now.

EmphaticPikachu said:

aaaaaadsfksjkjsdfk

I think its Tamamo

Actually She is (the best) Saber
Feb 25, 2018 7:15 AM
Feb 2017
ZBlastHistory said:

That dan was the old Dan's ghost, and he becomes this floor's Floor Master. In other words, the real Dan has been dead for 1000 years, and same goes to Shinji on the lower floor.

About the tree besides Dan's Grave, it's a yew tree, a reference to Knight's Pride CE lore in FGO:

Feb 25, 2018 11:39 AM
Apr 2014
Welp, this is a sequel for the game that happens 999 years later, the first segment of this episode is pretty much identical to that of the game, he even acts all chivalrous and even his wish for the holy grail is the same. This is really not meant for anime onlies, you can get a half ass experience and understand some of what's happening but it's highly recommended that you play the game first. The characters will seem very shallow without the prior development for them from the game.
So all the floor masters are pigeon holed to their floor with the inability to ascend, and the only one who can do so is our chosen snowflake MC, which makes sense with regards to the game.
Rani out Rin in, Though I don't think Rani is dead yet, seems too early to off her.
The FGO cameos are real in this show and Apocrypha too, they gotta plug their golden cow.
At least Robin lasted longer than Drake, I bet Ufotable or A1 Pictures would've done these fights better even with the limited time. Shaft has completely botched the fights so far.
Drake1000Feb 25, 2018 11:51 AM
Feb 25, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
Suzuka cameo ? my ass it was cameo, more like an "impossible to identify shadow you have no chance to recognize until you know it directly".

Rin "Yahoo" and MC uses his "MC power", god 5 episode and i still dont know how to feel about this ... sequel/original ... whatever.

Next week another floor.

Feb 25, 2018 1:26 PM

Aug 2015
Compared to fate zero and stay night... Fightining scenes in extra are worthless, the anime itself feels as if you are reading it, rather than watching. Even Apocrypha had outstanding fighting scenes. COME ON!
Feb 25, 2018 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
Right now the only thing that's keeping the anime from falling apart is UMU! I mean they're not even trying to develop Hakuno's character.

The ep was ok, the fight wasn't anything too spectacular but the last scene in which Robin hood used his noble phantasm was great tbh. Can't say the same thing for Hakuno, didn't even interact with his enemy, which is boring asf.

The opening is magnificent tho
Feb 25, 2018 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
ZBlastHistory said:

All this is data. That grave can be for previesly Dan's, but that one who fight is a "copy" of Dan's data.

Maybe the "last encore" of the title is about this. All is a copy data from early wars with different settings. This explains a female Hakuno diying at begning of anime, and Dan's grave.
Feb 25, 2018 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Reading the other commentaries...

Wow, someone really watch Fate series for the fights animations. No surprise if they don't read the LN's, VN's or even mangas.

One of the best scenes of all Fate series, this don't even need to be animated to be amazing:

Feb 25, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2016
I played Extella, so i'm kind of informed about the SERAPH. but i'm still not sure what's going on.

I liked this weeks episode :) not sure what MC's red face or why he seems to be so powerful but ok.

Feb 25, 2018 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
I still feel lost with this series at times especially when it goes full on type moon bullshit.

Saber is the only reason im watching this. Angelica cage, moon something and SEREPH mean nothing to me.

Dont mind the Shaft visuals but get the feeling they were niot the right studio for this show.

sarroushMar 1, 2018 12:50 PM
Feb 25, 2018 3:17 PM

Nov 2014
This seems like a typical fate show dressed up to be more cryptic and intellectual than it actually is. If they gave me a reason to care about the characters then that might make it worthwhile but the only character I care about is Umu.
I'm sure Rani has significance for people who played the games but for me her death had no impact just as Dan's, Robin Hood's, Drake's, or Shinji's deaths had no impact, if the MC was to suddenly die I wouldn't care.
Whatever twists this show is cooking up need to be really amazing to justify the messy story and lack of character development delivered so far.
Forum Signature
Feb 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Sep 2015
Toshiya_ said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Rani is dead now.

I think its Tamamo

Not Tamamo, she's a different foxgirl servant.

Probably this one:

gudako said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Rani is dead now.

I think its Tamamo

Actually She is (the best) Saber

I refuse to accept CCC Fox Tail are a thing unti i can taste the dam CCC in english someday.

Hardgore_Lasagna said:
ZBlastHistory said:

All this is data. That grave can be for previesly Dan's, but that one who fight is a "copy" of Dan's data.

Maybe the "last encore" of the title is about this. All is a copy data from early wars with different settings. This explains a female Hakuno diying at begning of anime, and Dan's grave.

But how about.... oh there is.....
Into the Internet!
Feb 25, 2018 3:31 PM

Apr 2015
Ah, Seeing Rani say it outright confirms it for me, to some degree. We're gonna see Hakuno fighting those 'thoughts' for the rest of the show until whatever the big reveal is happens. His personality gets eroded by "dead face" overtime, or already is to a high degree. Thats why he's all "Nikui" all the time, lmao.

I mean it was obvious that this was going to be a super big plot point, but I'm just glad we've got confirmation that its happening.

In general this reminds me of extella in that regard. Nasu seems to love messing with Hakuno's personality by random means to get more out of him, and I just don't quite...get it.

At least its not as infuriating as extella, as his hatred and quietness is somewhat relatable given the circumstances (its him being influenced by it, rather then missing a part of him, as far as I can tell maybe?), but its just...
I don't know why Nasu feels the need to change hakuno through external means so much. Does he just think he explored everything with him in extra and CCC?
EmphaticPikachuFeb 25, 2018 3:37 PM
Feb 25, 2018 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
This fight was really cool.
Feb 25, 2018 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
while the first couple of minutes were confusing but this was a very good episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 25, 2018 8:04 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.
Saber vs Robinhood was pretty cool.
Wonder what this power Hakuno has is, he just goes into this super badass mode and I love the visuals for it.

I felt Dan's backstory could've been presented better as it felt a little vague to me for some reason. Maybe it was just me.

sarroushMar 1, 2018 12:51 PM
Feb 25, 2018 9:02 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not confused anymore. I have seen the light. Last Encore is the lostbelt/bad end of Extra.
They just need to tell us what went wrong 999 years ago. How did Hakuno lose the first time?
Feb 25, 2018 9:12 PM
Jun 2017
the fight scene again was way short, The robin hood his master only takes few minutes of fighting scene then it is finished already... The prologue or the background story is way longer than the fighting scenes in this series so far.
Feb 25, 2018 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
how many times hakuno died?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 26, 2018 12:55 AM

Apr 2016
Tamamo is gonna be jelly that Suzuka Gozen was his servant and not her
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2018 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
Now I'm curious about what really happened 999 years ago. Either way, it was pretty interesting to see Dan's flashback as to how he lost out in the war and how he became the floor master with Robin Hood.

Although the fight between Saber and Robin was pretty good, as was Hakuno's badass-looking transformation, it's still the info-dumping and talks in-between fights that has more of my attention to. Confusing it may be at times, but it's got my interest in it. =)

As for Rin, we don't see her at all since they got to this floor and she magically appears again after they leave the floor. Creepy, but her Yah-hoo~! at the end was cute. =3

sarroushMar 1, 2018 12:51 PM
Feb 26, 2018 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
*Not affected by the negativity in the thread*

Killed Archer off already? But, I actually had sympathy for Dan and Archer. I easily feel sympathy for people even if the anime is too short.

Saber vs Archer fight was better than the Drake fight and Hakuno's Deadface was awesome. But it will demise his personality? Please don't let this end up like Extella...

999 years has passed, eh? Let's wait and see what happens...

Rani is killed off already? I don't know... Something's up around here...

Lol, I love Hakuno and Saber's on sync "What are you doing here?" to Rin who we haven't seen since the previous episode.

Haven't been disappointed yet~ Going through with this till the end! 5/5!

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Feb 26, 2018 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Well, I suppose that beginning clears a few things up at least, but it's still a little strange and confusing, especially with Rin just magically appearing out of nowhere in the elevator at the end of the episode. And why be so coy about the Servant who defeated Blackmore 999 years ago? Unless it's a spoiler to reveal who that is, I see no reason to hide their identity, especially if they're a popular character from the game to begin with.

Also, we need more explanation of Hakuno's power, as once again the episode kinda glossed over it (although we did at least explicitly see it, this time).
Feb 26, 2018 8:08 AM

Mar 2010
I might as well play the game haha I'm so confused by all the stuff they're hinting at. But I wish the characters on screen had more personality anyways.
Feb 26, 2018 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Hakuno just used the move_speed(); codecast. The difference is that codecasts doesn't change Hakuno's skin in the game, but I believe this is just an effect that they decided to put.
Seems it's advisable to play the game in order to understand everything in this show.

Feb 26, 2018 9:52 AM
Mar 2016
Exactly how did that old man got owned?
Feb 26, 2018 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
Ok after this episode I'm certain that the only purpose of this anime is to act as a hook for people to play the extraverse games and be a mystery side story for those already familiar. But even if it’s just a hook it’s still ridiculous how unfriendly it is to newcomers. You need to be already familiar with all the characters to give a damn about anything, as a standalone this anime just doesn’t work at all.

The animation leaves a lot to be desired as well and the pacing is all over the place because they don't have enough episodes.

This episode was good and I still enjoy it for the mystery and I want to find out what exactly happened but I expected a lot more.

Nilodex said:
Hakuno just used the move_speed(); codecast. The difference is that codecasts doesn't change Hakuno's skin in the game, but I believe this is just an effect that they decided to put.
Seems it's advisable to play the game in order to understand everything in this show.

That's Hakuno's anime only power up form named dead face or something not a code cast.

J1m1sFeb 26, 2018 12:54 PM
Feb 26, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2009
Whoahoho said:

The old man in the clocktower with the bells was a fake and it was booby trapped. The real Dan was in the castle not the clocktower. Hakuno escaped the explosion and shot Dan from higher up in the clocktower.

edit: come to think of it, maybe the hakuno who set off the traps was a fake as well, and it turned into the box afterward. and the real one already expected a trap and went above it
TiamatNMFeb 26, 2018 1:51 PM
Feb 26, 2018 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
Another great episode.

Robin Hood was already enjoyable in the manga, but I like him even more in the anime.
Feb 26, 2018 11:09 PM

Dec 2015
So i think the fight is better than with Drake , i hope it keeps getting better .
So whats the deal with hakuno? what's his power ? i dont mind spoiler if someone can spoil for me
Feb 27, 2018 4:10 AM

Apr 2016
Personally, I found this episode to be really enjoyable.

Dan's strategy in particular caught my interest in that it's actually quite effective despite being simple on paper, making full use of Robin's specialties as well as Dan's own. I'm a little upset that Rani died, though my gut tells me she won't stay that way.

Time loop basically confirmed, if not very heavily hinted, and Hakuno's dead face finally gets some hints to its background. My theory is that Dead Face could be a glitch in the Moon Cell, inadvertently caused by Chakravartin, though I can't really put my exact thoughts into words.

Suzuka and Fuuma cameo. FGO cameos are just all over the place now, though I'm not complaining.

Shinji and Rider arc was somewhat lackluster, despite making me actually feel for Shinji, but this Dan and Archer arc has restored my faith in Last Encore. Sasuga Nasu.
Feb 27, 2018 5:30 AM

May 2015
the only thing that i know about this anime is UMU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 27, 2018 8:06 AM

Oct 2014
FrozenRaider said:
the only thing that i know care about this anime is UMU.

Corrected...............
Feb 27, 2018 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
Whoahoho said:

Here's an explanation of Dan's tactics http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6465-Fate-EXTRA-Last-Encore?p=2812015&viewfull=1#post2812015
Hakuno figured it out and used it against him.
Feb 27, 2018 2:45 PM

May 2015
The mediocrity continues I guess. Seriously, the only good thing about the show is Saber. Nothing is interesting or exciting. I don't care about literally anyone else because I have no reason to, the story is a clusterfuck, and the animation is lackluster at best. I don't know how this failed so hard. I really wasn't expecting it to given how much I love Fate and Shaft.

Feb 27, 2018 8:05 PM

Oct 2017
Bawse said:
Compared to fate zero and stay night... Fightining scenes in extra are worthless, the anime itself feels as if you are reading it, rather than watching. Even Apocrypha had outstanding fighting scenes. COME ON!

Absolutely agree with you man...I like to know about character's story but seriously, this ep is really boring. Personally, the characters in Apocrypha have their own interesting backstories and even its fighting scenes are not as cool as other Fate series but still, they are better than Last Encore's. In this show, they are unexpectedly short; blinked just once and it already ended....

Kittens-kun said:
The mediocrity continues I guess. Seriously, the only good thing about the show is Saber. Nothing is interesting or exciting. I don't care about literally anyone else because I have no reason to, the story is a clusterfuck, and the animation is lackluster at best. I don't know how this failed so hard. I really wasn't expecting it to given how much I love Fate and Shaft.

This show's selling point since the first ep is Saber and even the op has only Saber dancing around. We got a fan service with Saber half-naked and naked scenes while the show is nothing but a boring mess.
Feb 27, 2018 11:57 PM
Jul 2007
I think I'm just a fan of SHAFT's style and I like pretentious dialogue. The only part I didn't like was when Blackmore got shot. I didn't know what that cube thing was in the smoke, and then the main guy suddenly got a gun from out of nowhere... I didn't get it. All I got was Blackmore was shooting the bell to reflect the bullets to keep his position concealed. If there's no explanation, then yeah this show is kinda falling off for me.
Feb 28, 2018 2:44 PM
Jul 2016
Pretty cool tactic-focused fights in this episode, definitely an improvement compared to the 1st floor fight. And we also get a bit of backstory and development for Dan and Robin, which is nice, but i'd have preferred it if that screen time was given to Shinji and Drake, who were more interesting characters in comparison.

I wonder who's going to be the leader of the resistance in the 3rd floor...
Mar 1, 2018 4:12 AM

Feb 2018
superzombie23 said:
The only part I didn't like was when Blackmore got shot. I didn't know what that cube thing was in the smoke, and then the main guy suddenly got a gun from out of nowhere... I didn't get it.

In Episode 4, when Hakuno and Rani talk in the graveyard, Rani explains how her clones work. They're basically programs made by her. She then shows that program, it is a blue-ish cube. She explains that if she can turn this program not only into copies of herself, but also into objects such as a sword or a gun. Here's an image of that cube.

In this episode, after Rani gets shot, Hakuno saves her life by carrying her away into the forest. He asks Rani if she can fight. Rani nods. We are to presume that's when Rani gives this program to Hakuno. We see the same cube appear when Hakuno uses the gun, so it's a fair assumption.

This was overly subtle. They showed a brief glimpse of the cube a week ago, said it could turn into a gun, and a week later, the cube returned, turned into a gun. It's easy to miss it or forget about it in a week unless you're paying really close attention.
Mar 1, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2016
Its best because it had UMU
BRAWLERS
Mar 1, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
Yup, I can't take Hakuno with superpowers seriously.

Idk this episode was better, but I still prefer OG!Dan and Rani's death was shit, also the "emotional Hakuno" with Rani at the end was just cringe.

Robin was the best part of this as expected and that new illustration on the ending WAS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

Deadface, aside from being a meme is just a generic powerup with "KOOLZ APPUEARANSU".

and 999 years, is this the magic number that say "Nasu doesn't know how to write something for anime-only?"

4/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.