Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 15, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The mind games and teasing continues~
Nishikata still struggles behind to get his win lul and he even gets blushy when teased by Takagi.

The pool scene was pretty much a big tease cameo between the two.

Also, I kinda like the Ashita wa Doyoubi cameos. It doesn't last too long but the characters get their own moments.

Jan 15, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2014
Takagi's character itself was already dangerously adorable enough from reading the manga... adding Rie's voice triples the damn thing...

Anyways Im not a fan of the the characters other than Takagi and Nishikata getting their own gig.

Liked the pool part the most, she is such a damn master at them mind games.
Jan 15, 2018 8:09 AM
Aug 2017
I enjoyed this episode a lot. You can just feel Nishikata's frustration every time Takagi pulls off one of her pranks. Takagi's laugh is so damn cute. Takagi's VA really did a nice job portraying her.

The pool scene was superb. The romance elements were subtle and wasn't too in-your-face. Can't wait for the third ep.

The "English Translation" scene made me crack up too.
Jan 15, 2018 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
Lol the calligraphy class.

Jan 15, 2018 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
The teasing was funny in this episode. Nishikata is still struggling on how to beat Takagi. The pool scene was hilarious. She is really good at mind games.
Jan 15, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2016
this show is just too damn adorable!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 15, 2018 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
That was much better than the 1st episode. Animated and voiced imagined Takagi's reactions were really good and funny. Still think that this series would've been better with around 15 minutes per episode.
allenjkeJan 15, 2018 9:18 AM
Jan 15, 2018 9:19 AM

Dec 2014
Cute episode again.

Takagi always gets the better of Nishikata, poor guy. xD
I love how Nishikata ends up thinking too much for everything thing Takagi says, the guy must be traumatized. XD
Jan 15, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2016
Annoys me how carless he is! oh well, good luck next Episode
Jan 15, 2018 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
well I feel bad how the girl plays with the guy heart again and again...it is becoming more and more obvious that takagi likes the guy that's why she teases him...in reality this is what boys usually do to girls or so I heard
Jan 15, 2018 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
Overall, while I personally liked the first episode a bit better, this one was much paced better. Also, I feel that to viewers who haven't read the manga, this episode would be much more engaging.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 15, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2010
While i like the concept, the show is on par with Seki-kun, i think it would have been better as a similar short instead of a 20min show. There is only so much you can do with this set up before it grows old in my opinion, but we will see.
Jan 15, 2018 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Psychological warfare is too intense. More please.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 15, 2018 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Takagi's mastery at the art of the teasing is well beyond her years. The pool scenes was amazing, the way she twisted his mind in order to force him to actually say the period thing is the new gold standard of teasing.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 15, 2018 10:50 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the one thing he wants from Takagi? and he didn't write head????? and i don't mean dat 5

that forehead is adorable, shes so kawaii XD

i want her to tease me
Jan 15, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2016
Oof... Takagi is so smart. In the sims she’d definitely get level 10 mischief skill and the achievement problem child !

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2018 11:05 AM
Nov 2016
Man, the character interactions are so cute... They always make me smile
Jan 15, 2018 11:16 AM

Nov 2016
This is getting pretty dull imo,12 minutes would be better. However,will keep watching for some possible development between Nishikata and Takagi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2018 11:39 AM
Dec 2017
Takgaki-san is definitely the dream girl who you don't mind to be with, even if she is stalking you. But I'm still not digging Nishikata so far, his character gets kinda annoying but it makes sense for a clueless, dense boy who is experiencing love without knowing. Gotta watch more to find out if this improves or not, but definitely not my top watch of the season.
Jan 15, 2018 11:48 AM

May 2016
Damn lucky Nishikata having a girl like that tease at that age, her smile is so beautiful anyway it was a little bit boring I hope they change the places having like all the episodes in that class is really boring.
Jan 15, 2018 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
Nishikata can't win and the pool scene XD
Jan 15, 2018 11:59 AM

Aug 2015
I honestly don't know why people think this is so amazing. The "mind games" aren't exactly intricate and the end result will never change (at least not in the anime). It's pathetic to watch this guy never see though Takagi once or never learn to counter her, I spent most of the episode coming up with ways to counter what she was saying after figuring out what her trick was. And it was frustrating not to see Nishikata counter her in any way and just be dense as a fucking brick, even after I, and plenty other viewers I'm sure, can think of multiple comebacks. At least in a series like Spice and Wolf, Lawrence actually puts up a reasonable fight against Holo's word games and even wins at times. But in this show where the outcome will never change it just gets annoying fast
Jan 15, 2018 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I honestly don't know why people think this is so amazing. The "mind games" aren't exactly intricate and the end result will never change (at least not in the anime). It's pathetic to watch this guy never see though Takagi once or never learn to counter her, I spent most of the episode coming up with ways to counter what she was saying after figuring out what her trick was. And it was frustrating not to see Nishikata counter her in any way and just be dense as a fucking brick, even after I, and plenty other viewers I'm sure, can think of multiple comebacks. At least in a series like Spice and Wolf, Lawrence actually puts up a reasonable fight against Holo's word games and even wins at times. But in this show where the outcome will never change it just gets annoying fast

Are you, by any chance, a middle schooler like Nishikata?
Jan 15, 2018 12:30 PM
Mar 2016
How c'mon Nishkata, you wanna get even with Takagi, flip her skirt a see what color panty is she wearing.
Jan 15, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2016
Takagi - 6
Nishikata - 0

I'm smiling throughout the episode.

Honestly I love their interaction, even if it's one sided teasing.
Jan 15, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2012
Takagi's teasing is merciless! As Nishikata so painfully observed in that calligraphy section. But hey, at least he managed to actually blurt out his period guess by the pool against all odds. And dat engrish! XD
Jan 15, 2018 12:39 PM

Aug 2015
chunng said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Are you, by any chance, a middle schooler like Nishikata?

Nope, just have a brain and hate how Nishikata can't use his.
Jan 15, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:

It's not pretentious, it's true to itself.

Seeing the guy being defeated is part of the story, if you see it's problem, then not for us.

This is an anime that wasn't meant to be taken seriously, even if the results are the same, even if it's predictable, the story lives up with its title "Skilled Teaser Takagi-san"

And why did you put yourself into MC's shoes? Watch it in Third Person Point of View.
Jan 15, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
I can't say that this episode was exhilarating, but it wasn't bad either. Once again we get to see Nishikata trying to take revenge on Takagi, which, to no one's surprise, leads him to an utter defeat. I swear to god, he lets his guard down so easily it makes him a perfect target for teasing. You don't need elaborate pranks to embarrass him. I mean, can you even call those pranks?

The thing that I actually enjoyed watching was those short yet soft moments between these two. You can definitely feel the chemistry.

And I know it's just a pipe dream, but let Nishikata win for once. That would be way more amusing than watching him fail every time. In this regard it feels like watching Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, I kid you not.
Jan 15, 2018 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Is this anime going to be exactly like this every episode? I'm thinking of dropping it.

Why couldn't any of my crushes in middle school be like the girl in this anime? Charming, funny, willing to pay attention, not be cruel.

@AvidAnimeViewer

Agreed, but what ways did you think of countering Takagi?
Jan 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2015
I hope we get a time skip and see them in high school. This couple is just too adorable.
Jan 15, 2018 1:29 PM
Jan 2018
She's way too annoying for me. I'd literally steer clear of her if I ever saw in in class.
Jan 15, 2018 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
-come to think of it nishikata overthinking things also plays pretty well into the whole act these two have going on
-i absolutely love how takagi is always in full control of everything
-jesus that guy's teeth
-this show is a treasure
-top 15 anime betrayals
-the yukari girl was channeling her inner kobayashi
-wait what was with the 18
-nishikata could probably pull one on the teacher if he could
-takagi is pregnant
-maybe the reason takagi picks up on everything nishikata plans is because he says what he thinks out loud
-i fuckin love the mental hoops nishikata jumps through every single time
-oh no
-come to think of it takagi looks pretty disinterested about chasing for a reaction from nishikata
-that fuckin death glare

So after seeing another episode of this I actually think that the entire reason I fuckin love this show is because of the way that Nishikata and Takagi just work off of each other perfectly. Somehow this episode got me to appreciate the Nishikata side of things because there is no way the gags would work as well if he didn't happen to overthink everything. I just love the type of mindgames that happen between the two. Another aspect of the comedy that I'm pretty enamored with is how Takagi manages to come out ahead all the time while being as whimsical as she is. I wrote about this a bit in the last discussion topic, but the fact that Takagi just seems to be having fun with the whole thing (as in, without any trace of malice) just makes the show a lot more adorable. In any case, I think this show is the one I'll be looking forward to watching the most this season.
Jan 15, 2018 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
This show is like my guilty pleasure. I almost did not even bother starting it when the season came around, but I am glad I did. Its not the best show, but it is entertaining and makes me laugh; something I do not have to take seriously.

This show was never supposed to be serious, so some of the criticism isnt warranted. If you think it is becoming repetitive, I can understand, hopefully they change it up a little bit next episode.
"I hate to lose more than I like to win, the only reason I like to win is so I do not have to lose." - Manti Teo
Jan 15, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2015
NihilisticLoner said:
Is this anime going to be exactly like this every episode? I'm thinking of dropping it.

Why couldn't any of my crushes in middle school be like the girl in this anime? Charming, funny, willing to pay attention, not be cruel.

@AvidAnimeViewer

I'd just go with the flow. Like when they write what they want from each other during calligraphy, I'd just mess around and write something like "12 children" and proudly display it. Or during swim class, I'd just list off every reason that came to Nishikata's mind and then some others with deadpan delivery. But he'll never have the guts to be this casual with his crush, plus I think if Nishikata ever did wise up then Takagi would lose interest with no more cute reactions to illicit from teasing him. He's caught in a never-ending cycle.

@youseiki

I am watching third person, it's just something that bugs me, I can't help it.
Jan 15, 2018 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
NihilisticLoner said:

@AvidAnimeViewer

I'd just go with the flow. Like when they write what they want from each other during calligraphy, I'd just mess around and write something like "12 children" and proudly display it. Or during swim class, I'd just list off every reason that came to Nishikata's mind and then some others with deadpan delivery. But he'll never have the guts to be this casual with his crush, plus I think if Nishikata ever did wise up then Takagi would lose interest with no more cute reactions to illicit from teasing him. He's caught in a never-ending cycle.

@youseiki

In high school, I learned how to be verbally abusive towards girls with my mean spirited sense of humour.
In middle school? I was a pussy.
Don't think I was on the level of a pussy that this MC is, but I think I still could do more ballsy things then him.

Actually, I think the reason why he doesn't do anything very daring is that he likes the teasing. If he didn't, why would he constantly hang out around Takagi? Why hasn't he told the teacher? Why hasn't he seriously told her to stop?
I think my middle school self would enjoy the attention.
Jan 15, 2018 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:

@youseiki

ahaha, I understand, I dropped the manga after reading chapter with similar reason(2015), I didn't even touch the manga till now, though I didn't think that it will get an adaptation.

Honestly, I don't see a competition here, what i'm seeing is a simple but different form interaction of two characters with mutual feelings on each other.
Jan 15, 2018 2:07 PM
Mar 2016
just bring Takagi-san when her adult
and bring end this show
Jan 15, 2018 2:14 PM

Aug 2015
youseiki said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

@youseiki

ahaha, I understand, I dropped the manga after reading chapter becase of the similar reason(2015), I didn't even touch the manga till now, though I didn't think that it will get an adaptation.

Honestly, I don't see a competition here, what i'm seeing is a simple but different form interaction of two characters with mutual feelings on each other.

I agree with @NihilisticLoner that it's about getting attention, but it's both Takagi and Nishikata that want attention. And if that's true (he may just be an idiot) maybe its Nishikata's apprehension of taking the extra step that bugs me. I'm pretty sure Takagi would be willing to go out with him if he just asked, she'd still tease him either way cause she'd still find it cute. But they just keep doing the same thing over and over again and never get anywhere. Usually stuff like this in anime doesn't bother me, but this series' whole purpose is to constantly remind you of this same problem, so maybe that's why it bugs me.
Jan 15, 2018 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
youseiki said:

ahaha, I understand, I dropped the manga after reading chapter becase of the similar reason(2015), I didn't even touch the manga till now, though I didn't think that it will get an adaptation.

I agree with @NihilisticLoner that it's about getting attention, but it's both Takagi and Nishikata that want attention. And if that's true (he may just be an idiot) maybe its Nishikata's apprehension of taking the extra step that bugs me. I'm pretty sure Takagi would be willing to go out with him if he just asked, she'd still tease him either way cause she'd still find it cute. But they just keep doing the same thing over and over again and never get anywhere. Usually stuff like this in anime doesn't bother me, but this series' whole purpose is to constantly remind you of this same problem, so maybe that's why it bugs me.

I get why it bugs you, and it does me too.
However, looking from a realistic perspective, I think this is how middle schoolers behave a lot of the times: keeping the status quo.
At the same time though, realism =/= entertaining. Anything can still be realistic and entertaining, at the same time.
Maybe there's a chance that as the anime continues, their relationships changes.
If it doesn't I'm gonna drop this.
Jan 15, 2018 2:24 PM

Aug 2015
NihilisticLoner said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

I get why it bugs you, and it does me too.
However, looking from a realistic perspective, I think this is how middle schoolers behave a lot of the times: keeping the status quo.
At the same time though, realism =/= entertaining. Anything can still be realistic and entertaining, at the same time.
Maybe there's a chance that as the anime continues, their relationships changes.
If it doesn't I'm gonna drop this.

I asked, other than brief instances which then immediately return to the norm, there is no change apparently. Which makes sense, it is the premise of the series.
Jan 15, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
@AvidAnimeViewer
@NihilisticLoner

so we've got our answers, now it's just a matter of preference if it stays the same. I'll just read the manga to see the development... I'm gonna sleep now, ciao.
Jan 15, 2018 3:19 PM

May 2015
Man, he is gonna have a lifetime losing streak. The only way this kid can win if is he grab her by her shoulder and go for the kiss... XD
Jan 15, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
One simply have to love teasing vibes of romance in this anime. Really wonder if they starts dating at some point.

Also, I'm just curious if they go somewhere outside of school too.
Jan 15, 2018 3:33 PM

Oct 2014
Finally they got the pace right! <3

also

exactly what we needed! Thank you very much, Mr. Director, and everyone else in the staff!
Jan 15, 2018 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
My guess as to why she wasn't swimming was that she's dicking around because Nishikata isn't swimming. That was pretty much correct although I wonder what she told the teacher. Probably just that she wasn't feeling well.

Anyway, I like this so far. I find myself smiling throughout the whole episode. Can't remember the last time an anime made me do that.
Jan 15, 2018 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Too much one sided teases at all times and rinse&repeat comedies and mind games is useless against her. But still waiting for him to win and can't wait to see it!

Jan 15, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2017
Takagi is so savage but also adorable at the same time. Nishikata's internal ramblings are probably one of my favourite parts of this. Sanae was pretty top tier this episode. Looking forward to more short skits with her involved.
Jan 15, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
I didn't get to go in depth to this earlier, but there were significant improvements:

* Pacing has been improved. Scenes were no longer dragged out.
* Background music is just as great, if not better.
* Is more engaging in general. It's now less about trying to figure out what Takagi is up to, and more about Nishikata coming up with solutions, but still failing.
* There isn't a pre-opening scene which ultimately set the pacing up for failiure last time.
* Similar to last time, but even more notable now, is how anime is able to take what would be a generic trope-filled scene, and make it unique. Example: Pool segment

Things that can still be improved:
* I don't think the side characters should get a dedicated segment every episode. It was fine last time since dragging out a standard segment would have made it worse, but this wasn't necessary here. Even worse, it came in the middle of the episode. At the least, it should have been the second to last segment.
* There were a few frames where the characters looked a little off. Takagi's forehead is common victim of this, in this episode and the last. In general, while the larger foreheads are important to the overall style, they simply don't work at certain angles.

I take back what I said in my last comment. I enjoyed this episode much more.

Also, I bet that next week will feature the "Umbrella" segment. It was featured in the 2nd PV, but I was expecting to see it today.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 15, 2018 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
Death Note psychological battles are nothing compared to this.

I can understand Takagi, Nishikata's reactions are too amusing.
Baby, daijobanai...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2018

113 by RGreatDanton »»
May 4, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2018

223 by RGreatDanton »»
May 4, 3:49 AM

» Need suggestions

Reckless_weeb - Jan 30

30 by Reckless_weeb »»
Apr 20, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

150 by AnimeXPapi »»
Mar 28, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

216 by _untitled »»
Mar 18, 4:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.