Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
I don't understand. Were we supposed to be surprised by the Astolfo "reveal"?
Like, was that supposed to be a huge revelation? lol

Jeanne and Fiore were very cute in this episode, btw.
Nov 14, 2017 8:20 PM
Jan 2015
Solid build up episode, but I still feel like the romance between Seig and Jeanne is to forced
My Queens

Nov 14, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2016
Who thinks does Shakespeare has any combat abilities?
Nov 14, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 2015
Those interaction at the end between Ruler and Sieg...was that not Ruler talking to him but in fact the girl Ruler is possessing? I have a feeling some sort of convoluted "happy ending" is going to happen after the holy grail war where Ruler and all the other servants leave, and Sieg and the girl Ruler was possessing get together since it was just as much her as it was Ruler that Sieg was interacting with. I dunno, just a thought.
Nov 15, 2017 6:37 PM
Jun 2017
i can sense it already, since they have said it many times in this episode, "this will be the LAST BATTLE''. for sure next episodes will be a great one..

i also liked that they have revealed Astolfo's (rider) gender. hahahaha...
Nov 15, 2017 9:44 PM
Oct 2008
wait, wait... wait.

How or why could Fiore transfer the crest to Caules? Isn't it usually held by the head of the family and that person passes on all of that generational prowess to only one of his children, Wouldn't Darnic have been the one to hold the crest in the Yggdmilenia family?
Nov 15, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2012
They brought up how the Fiore can't stomach people dying, and then Caules brings up their dead dog when 3 of their family members are already dead. They don't even get brought up lmao.

This whole episode was buildup just for another recap episode this weekend :/
Nov 16, 2017 12:29 AM

Aug 2014
pillsburyXV said:
wait, wait... wait.

How or why could Fiore transfer the crest to Caules? Isn't it usually held by the head of the family and that person passes on all of that generational prowess to only one of his children, Wouldn't Darnic have been the one to hold the crest in the Yggdmilenia family?

Ando answered about the choice Fiore made.
Talking about the technical aspect, the Yggdmillennia family is different, because is made of many families of magi who have their own crests, plus the LN stated that they had collected many others in a room for emergency. So Fiore had at least the Forvedge crest.
Nov 16, 2017 2:32 AM
Nov 2017
SilentNox said:
Who thinks does Shakespeare has any combat abilities?

Well remember when he put blacks bezerker (RIP) into one of her memories I would imagine he could of casually walked up and beheaded her while she was going nuts but I don't think t hats his style
Nov 18, 2017 12:31 AM

Feb 2015
Lest be honest this version of Fate is just not very good. The story is a mess but held together with some nice fight scenes. Last few episodes have been very dull, not feeling Jeanne and Sieg. Probably because Sieg is super generic and Jeanne never really does anything.
Nov 18, 2017 3:15 AM

Dec 2013
Ruler’s reaction to a naked rider was funny.

I’m still enjoying Saber but everything else is fairly underwhelming.
Nov 18, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was just to show Jeanne that Astolfo is a boy and that she can have her way with boring Sieg.
Nov 18, 2017 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
This week episode is yet another recap one.
But they are leaving 6 episodes for last battle.
Nice touch but I will still not forgive the mfor outright cutting Astolfo and Mordred's background from the novel.
Nov 18, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. It's more or less preparations for the final battle. I hope the final battle will be amazing since they have 6 episodes left. Plenty of time to utilize each battle.

Jeanne!! I hope they have a lot of epic fight scenes with her!!
Nov 18, 2017 2:34 PM
Oct 2008
LeloTheUnamused said:
pillsburyXV said:
wait, wait... wait.

Talking about the technical aspect, the Yggdmillennia family is different, because is made of many families of magi who have their own crests, plus the LN stated that they had collected many others in a room for emergency. So Fiore had at least the Forvedge crest.

Oh that makes sense, it must have slipped past me. Thanks.
Nov 21, 2017 7:57 AM
Jan 2009
RadTicTacs said:
HereticHunter said:

Well Mordred has a plane now, that helps... I don't think it is convenient plot tho, Assassin from red has (in part) something to do, remember that she literally destroyed Astolfo's NP. Also, Astolfo lost his real master, do you remember when Emiya in F/SN was summoned and couldn't remember his true name? he stated that his summoning was incomplete, I believe that's the reason why Alstofo can't remember his NP, mostly because Sieg's unstable body

I'm pretty sure EMIYA was lying about that in F/SN so Rin didn't learn his name. His plan wouldn't have worked out if she knew (not that it worked anyways). That being said, Astolfo's master dying could still be why he forgot the name. For all his screen time, we've not really seen any of Astolfo's backstory, so that's hopefully coming up soon along with an explanation to his NP.

Actually it's quite possibly a reference to the "Orlando Furioso".
While Astolfo indeed has a book capable of negating any spell he (or the author) sort of forget this during the story: Astolfo used the book just once, shortly after receiving it, never ever mentioning its existence again for the rest of the epic poem.
It is a sort of well known "plot hole" in the original poem.
Dark_KainNov 21, 2017 8:02 AM
Nov 21, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Dark_Kain said:

Actually it's quite possibly a reference to the "Orlando Furioso".
While Astolfo indeed has a book capable of negating any spell he (or the author) sort of forget this during the story: Astolfo used the book just once, shortly after receiving it, never ever mentioning its existence again for the rest of the epic poem.
It is a sort of well known "plot hole" in the original poem.

Interesting. If that's the case then it isn't nearly as much of an ass-pull as it seemed. That's actually pretty clever
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Nov 21, 2017 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
Another pointless and stupid episode. Finally dropped this garbage. They could have had a watchable 13 episode run with this, but puffing it out to 25 killed it.
Nov 22, 2017 12:42 AM
Nov 2017
Amaksa shiro tokisa is one of the best villians yet XD
Nov 22, 2017 9:08 AM
Apr 2016
No episode this week?
Nov 23, 2017 1:03 AM
Dec 2008
Episode 20 preview

Nov 26, 2017 7:30 AM
Apr 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
pillsburyXV said:
wait, wait... wait.

Hmm doesn't a crest transfer ussually takes several days to weeks to recover from? I remember Rin saying she was bedridden for days when the transfer happenend. Here they make it seems so fast and simple...
Dec 11, 2017 12:21 AM

Oct 2009
holy moly xD were there any clues for astolfo to be a trap? o.O Her master could've been lesbian and some female characters also use boku...
Dec 13, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
Love the fact they gave us some yummy Astolfo fanservice...

Not sure why Ruler is so jelly...a threesome is the best result for all parties involved!
Jan 9, 2018 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Decided to keep watching this trash for Astolfo since I'm so close to the end anyway. There's so much pretentious rambling. I hate Mordred's view of good and evil being mere circumstance.
Jan 10, 2018 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Forced romance is forced, cringeworthy dialogues are cringeworthy, lame decisions are lame.

But really, Sieg x Ruler relationship is just bad, she simply had no reason to see anything in him and romantic developements in this series are handled really badly. Rider having forgotten his NF was just stupid and that fanservice wasn't even needed. Caules accepting crest from his sister was also wtf developement, like it would be possible to transfer something like that without any hassle, not to mention he already had his very own magic circuit before so it would be instakill for him if logic of nasuverse was enforced. And Sieg motivations are flawed too.
Really, this episode was one facepalm after another, this doesn't even feel like fate series where there were stakes in play in every corner at all. The fact that they are constatly putting some random jokes in doesn't help either.
Feb 7, 2018 2:15 PM

Aug 2017
Seems like the calm before the storm. The annoying romance is boring. 3/5
NurguburuFeb 7, 2018 2:21 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 15, 2018 4:11 AM

Dec 2016
What the?! Astolfo is a guy! LMAO
Love Jeanne's reaction to that, haha!
Oct 30, 2018 1:49 AM

May 2010
So why was Astolfo wearing a skirt?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 2, 2018 1:29 AM

Oct 2014
Confucius said:
So why was Astolfo wearing a skirt?

Astolfo’s clothes are based on his tastes—no, not his tastes; rather, he wore them in order to calm and appease Roland, who went mad after he was spurned by the woman he loved. The reason he had that appearance when he was summoned is probably because the Greater Grail decided that that was the point of “Astolfo’s heyday”. How cruel.

from apo jokes material book
Nov 24, 2018 1:11 AM

Aug 2015
Generally the dialogue about abstract things like 'salvation' and what a heroic spirit should do' etc. have been clunky and obtuse, and to me, difficult to understand clearly.

Jeanne's little Patrick Stewart speech about loving humanity was actually a nice piece of writing.

What isn't so great writing is transferring the crest. The problem of Astolfo needing three days to remember his spell introduces the question of waiting three days, and letting the red faction leave Romania, or attack right away with presumably less chance of winning. So, Caules confronts Fiore about...not being cut out to be a mage? The decision is only to attack now or attack later, it's not a question of spilling blood since that's a foregone conclusion no matter what Fiore decides. It's not a consistent train of thought.

So, the decision is to attack in three days...so there's no problem with the red faction being outside of their territory anymore? Okay...
It's not very internally consistent.

So does only Leticia want the D, or do both Jeanne and Leticia? Or maybe Astolfo also lol
Nov 24, 2018 6:45 AM

Oct 2014
glassknuckles said:
So, Caules confronts Fiore about...not being cut out to be a mage? The decision is only to attack now or attack later, it's not a question of spilling blood since that's a foregone conclusion no matter what Fiore decides. It's not a consistent train of thought.

she isn't fit for spilling blood with her own hands, nor ordering the blood spilling if the situation demands it when they attack the hanging gardens, yet she is the leader of Yggdmillennia

by giving up on being a mage, she also gave up on her position as the leader

glassknuckles said:
So, the decision is to attack in three days...so there's no problem with the red faction being outside of their territory anymore? Okay...

the main thing that was giving the black faction a huge territory advantage was Vlad, and he's gone now anyway

it's still disadvantageous for them to fight outside their territory, but its a better option than attacking the hanging gardens without astolfo's NP
Nov 24, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2015
Shayon said:

she isn't fit for spilling blood with her own hands, nor ordering the blood spilling if the situation demands it when they attack the hanging gardens, yet she is the leader of Yggdmillennia

where's the evidence she isn't fit for making that decision? he starts browbeating her about fitness to lead rather than counseling her about what decision to make.
to me, the discussion of Fiore not being fit doesn't flow naturally from the dialogue in the 'briefing room' preceding it

there isn't enough dialogue about the strategy behind choices that would give some sense the characters know what they're doing
glassknucklesNov 24, 2018 10:02 AM
Jan 20, 2019 10:11 PM
Sep 2017
So im guessing that in the VN the brothers have sex right? Cause if im not mistaken they transfer the magic circuit right?
Jan 21, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2014
Whgedia said:
So im guessing that in the VN the brothers have sex right? Cause if im not mistaken they transfer the magic circuit right?

apocrypha is adapted from a light novel, not visual novel
and no
Jan 21, 2019 8:52 PM
Sep 2017
Shayon said:
Whgedia said:

and no
Wait what really?. I thought all fate was VN.
But anyway so what was tha?t, what they did there' didn´t she tranfer her magic circuit to her?
Jan 22, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2014
Whgedia said:
Shayon said:

and no
But anyway so what was tha?t, what they did there' didn´t she tranfer her magic circuit to her?

Fiore transferred her magic crest to Caules, 80% of it to be exact. this is different from transferring mana, so no sex was involved

magic circuits and magic crests aren’t the same thing.
magic circuits are like nerves in the human body that allow someone to use magic, the number of magic circuits that someone has is determined at birth, and that number won’t ever change naturally, a normal person rarely has magic circuits, or they have very few

a magic crest, on the other hand, is a series of magic circuits that are passed down in mage families, they’re engraved somewhere on the mage’s body and act as an archive of magic.
each successor to the crest in a family adds some of their own magic circuits, and most or all of the spells they learned life to the crest, passing it down to the next successor, mages that have the crest can cast any spell that is recorded in it, even if they never learned that spell themselves.

normally, magic crests can only be given to someone blood related, and they’re transplanted to children little by little as they grow older and their bodies get used to the crest.
in the forvedge family, Caules was born as Fiore’s spare and his body was adjusted since birth so that the crest could be transplanted to him at any time if the situation required it, but transferring so much of the crest all at once was still dangerous, and clearly painful for him
Jan 23, 2019 8:04 AM
Sep 2017
Shayon said:
Whgedia said:

Fiore transferred her magic crest to Caules, 80% of it to be exact. this is different from transferring mana, so no sex was involved

magic circuits are like nerves in the human body that allow someone to use magic, the number of magic circuits that someone has is determined at birth, and that number won’t ever change naturally, a normal person rarely has magic circuits, or they have very few

a magic crest, on the other hand, is a series of magic circuits that are passed down in mage families, they’re engraved somewhere on the mage’s body and act as an archive of magic.
each successor to the crest in a family adds some of their own magic circuits, and most or all of the spells they learned life to the crest, passing it down to the next successor, mages that have the crest can cast any spell that is recorded in it, even if they never learned that spell themselves.

normally, magic crests can only be given to someone blood related, and they’re transplanted to children little by little as they grow older and their bodies get used to the crest.
in the forvedge family, Caules was born as Fiore’s spare and his body was adjusted since birth so that the crest could be transplanted to him at any time if the situation required it, but transferring so much of the crest all at once was still dangerous, and clearly painful for him
Ohh i see. I should read the VN and LN. So I can understand better
Jun 24, 2019 5:40 AM

Dec 2018
Every episode Jeanne stray further from her role as Saint and Ruler. Well every episode maybe a bit exaggerating.

A saber plane, kek.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 10, 2019 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
These setup episodes are really horrible, the dialogues are some of the worst I've heard in anime. They wonder about stuff which have a clear answer to it, even an 8 year old could reply. Also of course they had to make Rider a trap...
Jul 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Dec 2014
damn, I wanted to hear Astolfo's answer from Ruler

though personally I would choose Astolfo over Ruler all day
Sep 2, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2018
Shayon said:

Thanks for this explanation!
Apr 12, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
well that is something..the preparations and what not..final battle starts
Apr 28, 2020 9:22 PM

Feb 2018
Astolfo is the best Chara..
Feb 1, 2023 9:29 PM
May 2019
too black and white
Nov 28, 2023 10:21 PM
Jul 2023
Build up episode
- so Astolfo’s noble phantasm seems to be pretty cracked
- Jeanne didn’t know he was a dude?
- Mordred and Shishigo get ready to steal the grail
- The Yygdamillia twins have now switched magical crests.
Dec 1, 2023 7:01 PM

Nov 2023
Calm episode this one was
Mar 9, 7:31 PM
Aug 2022
Dear God
It's a MIG!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

77 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.