Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 20, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, an infamous criminal running loose arouond town this episode.

I think this episode is interesting for exploring the industrial part of places and the workplace. It's also kinda amusing to see how people work during this time to earn a living.

The mystery and suspense is still thrilling for this show imo.
Aug 20, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
It's funny how the plan was flawed from the start, since it was based on the fact that soldiers didn't do their laundry. However thanks to mustache guy they managed to find the uniform.
I've to say that I found how they improved the factory and the story behind it more interesting than the investigation this week.
Aug 20, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Ange's cover as a delinquent was funny. Her acting skill as a spy is perfect.

The Princess was able to turn a failing business into a success. It was amusing watching them do laundry work but that's just part of their spy work.

Aug 20, 2017 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
And the cute girls continue with cute things.

Seriously creators need to stop with that "chaotic" order of episodes. I know they present this anime as story full of "lies" and "twists" but in current state of show it has absolutely no point.
The Komori

Mar 2013
It makes me smile to see what Chise and the Princess did for those girls at the laundry and I'm really happy for those girls and I wish them all the best

I think we needed a light hearted episode like this to follow up after the last one which was just tragic and depressing so I for one was thankful

Great episode overall and I loved Ange's cover too lol
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
A story with an actual happy end for once!

The whole laundry crew was pretty adorable, i'm glad that our squad had this mission, without it, the working conditions would have stayed the same. Based Beako!

Chise grew especially attached to them, it's nice that they parted well.

Obviously not an episode you would expect by now, it was character driven and seemed fillerish, but i liked it just the same.
Aug 20, 2017 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really sweet episode.

Love how our girls reinvigorated the spirit of all the other girls in the laundry mill and changed the laundry completely for the better. Really liked watching them smile, sing and work.

Ange's cover was epic. xD
Aug 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
Ange's acting is pretty good. And Chise... I don't really think if her enthusiast to learn about those Laundry is just an act.
So the girls are doing the mission not just through the Laundry Mill but also some makeover.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 20, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, that was a pretty good episode.
Aug 20, 2017 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
That random guy was the real MVP by sending the clothes to wash.

Ange's cover was hilarious xD
Aug 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
Finally A Good Ending after so long... There's no suspense and mystery like usual but still very entertaining to watch.

It's pretty funny to see Ange's cover in this Episode as a former delinquent lol...
Aug 20, 2017 10:19 AM
Feb 2014
First of all although Ange did close to nothing spy-wise, she was awesome again.

Second, I know it doesn't have to be perfectly logical but the development was pretty bad. this girl just comes into a laundry shop or whatever it's called start working there and in 2 weeks she says she'll buy the shop and noone is saying wtf why were you working here if you could just buy the damn place. Then Marilla looked like she freaked out when Chise hit the guy I guess cuz she understood that they are not what they seemed.

Although the more cheerful tone was refreshing, this anime shines on the dark stuff and with a bad development I think it was the worst episode yet. It was still enjoyable though because of the cheerful tone.
Aug 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Jun 2016
I think this episode focused more on them making friends than their actual mission which was very different from past episodes. I loved it.

Everyone working at the laundry mill are so lovable and adorable.

All of them singing together was very heart-warming.

Those guys removed their clothes hastily in front of those precious ladies. Hahaha!

What a great episode! Can't wait for the next one.

I hope this anime will be 2-cour. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, talk about a hell of a lot of sloppy spy work this episode, from the Princess buying the mill (seriously, how did that not break their cover?) to Dorothy not being remotely worried about that debt collector guy noticing her and blowing their cover as well, not to mention Chise beating up that guy without taking any precautions to prevent others from seeing her in action. Also, how convenient that the random soldier just so happened to give the bad guy's uniform in to be washed when the bad guy always washes it himself; you'd think he'd take more precautions to prevent such a thing from happening, but evidently not.

Also, I am not accepting a bullet-proof iron. That is bullshit of the highest caliber.
Aug 20, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2016
So, Chise's method of doing laundry is just singing?

Also, is it just me or did this episode feel a bit of a letdown compared to the last one?
Not that is bad, just slightly worse made.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Aug 20, 2017 11:30 AM

Feb 2014
Ange's delinquent acting was spot on. Seriously, it was always amusing to see her shouting at people in that way. =P

The episode felt a bit weaker in terms of other spy missions that the girls have done so far, but personally, we got a happy ending for a change with this mission, so if feels more refreshing for a change. Not only that, but they also transformed a failing laundry mill into a successful one, with the machines repaired, changed the locations of said machines on the workfloor to be more efficient and less dangerous and also boost the morale of the workers themselves.

Chise seemed to enjoy working with the others girls too. Her smiling grin was irresistibly cute though. =3

I wonder if the next episode's case will end happily or not? Either way, as long as it's good in terms of action, character development and story, then I don't have any complaints. =)
Aug 20, 2017 11:30 AM

Mar 2016
I think that mobster is going to develop a phobia of cute girls.

Overall, pretty bad keeping of cover. Aside from all the overt stuff that are already mentioned is the problem of talking in front of everyone.
Aug 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Plot-Wise the episode had flaws, also, it feels like the series is not moving. As much as I enjoy these episodes, the story needs to move on it's central plot: The Princess taking the crown by having the rest of the royal family murdered.

Unlesss they make a Season 2 dedicated for that, it's gonna be Izetta all over again with a rushed ending.

_____

Something I liked from this episode, is that it took me back to my classes about Lean Manufacturing and other engineering topics.

The Mill was poorly managed, and the Princess ensured the future of the business.
-Machines need maintenance, and said maintenance has to be scheduled so operations are not interrupted.
-Every work station should be distributed according to it's funcion so workers can walk freely of obstacles and delays,a good plant distribution ensures an optimal work flow and reduces the number of incidents and accidents on the workspace.
-Principles of Safety in the workspace
-Study of movement is important, specially when you have a lot of manual labour, Chise taught them more efficent ways of doing the laundry, which reduced the burden on the body, allowing them to work for longer periods of time
-Motivation: working under poor conditions leads to unhappy workers, which results in even worse results. If workers feel motivated and happy their efficiency goes up.

Of course their revenue went up by 230% ,
Aug 20, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
-dorothy's face when ange introduced herself
-*hushed voice* we are the phantom thieves
-i don't see why this episode needed to be aired out of order but whatever
-beatrice just flinging shade on the boys in her class
-b r e a k t i m e
-chise's actually pretty cute
-hey it's fuckin kinkaku again, and apparently last episode wasn't principal's first run-in with him
-glorious japanese machine maintenance folded ten thousand times
-principal improving the working conditions of the mill girls is pretty great, i hope they don't die at the end of the episode
-that's lewd
-they're gonna fuckin die at the end aren't they
-oh no
-chise still rockin those swordsmanship skills with a clothes iron
-alright great they didn't all die in a fire or something

I think this episode is the first time that Principal has actually helped a civilian or group of civilians since the very first episode, with the girl who had cavorite poisoning. The whole concept of helping the citizens of the Kingdom is something that really humanizes Principal, and this is actually something about the show that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it returned in this episode. I was worried that they might kill of all of the mill girls after what happened in last episode, but that obviously didn't happen. The episode as a whole was just a really feel-good, humanizing story with a side of spy stuff, and I think that's just the type of stuff that really appeals to me about this show.
Aug 20, 2017 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, this really had the typical cute girls doing cute things vibe and I enjoyed every second of it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
Ange's cover as a delinquent was hilarious. The foreman was in debt so the princess bought the laundry mill so they can continue their mission. They also helped out the girls that were working there. The business was a success. They managed to capture Poison Gas Jack. A happy ending for this episode.
Aug 20, 2017 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
that was a cute little happy episode, especially after the last one
Aug 20, 2017 2:19 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode and a nice change in pace as well
Hmm so this is a laundry mill eh. Its rare to see all the girls be involved in one mission though. Ange's introduction was hillarious though. Still thats a pretty elaborate backstory for her though. So their target this time is a serial killer that targets people that help them by use of nerve gas eh. Just because its illegal doesn't mean that someone somewhere wouldn't use it though. The army will be a good place to start i would imagine since they will have the most stocks. Though getting into the barracks will be hard for them. So that explains why they're in the laundry mill. So their way of hunting for the killer is to test each uniform for traces of the gas eh. Still it is odd that princess will be joining them though. Testing each piece of clothing that is there will take some time though. Though fictional this episode is a good example of what work in the 18th century is like. Hmm so the woman here are not lazy but rather they are letting the machinary rest because its crap and has a tendesy to overheat eh. The girls don't seem to have a high opinion of the manager though. Princess never loses her composure even when facing such a rude person eh. Wow Princess really is kind and also fast thinking in deciding to purchase the mill straight away. Ange's persona of Alice sure is funny and was used to great effect in defending princess.

Its nice that the girls decided to fix the machines at the mill and at the same time relocate them as this will allow them to do their jobs but also to allow the workers to work there safely. Wow princess and the girls really managed to make some great changes to the mill's working area. Princess's positive attitude really is amazing sometimes. But its nice seeing all the changes that the girls are making to the mill though and im sure it will help improve its efficiency as well. That working song really was impressive though. And wow they managed to do a whole weeks work that easily as a result of the improved machines and the new techniques. Hmm deciding to wash the miners clothes to earn more money when the army's clothes are done eh. Smart move and using the girls at the mill to promote was interesting too. Dorothy really gets on well with everyone doesn't she lol. Hmm its impressive that princess managed to increased the mills revenue that much in such a short time though. The song that Chise taught really is catchy. Chise seems to have bonded well with the head of the girls though. Though they managed to take out the target its too bad that they had to leave the mill though. Hmm Marilla really will be the ideal choice for the new foreman though since she knows the mill inside out and gets on well with the girls as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
Ange with the delinquent cover XD
They succeed in their mission against the poison killer by working in the laundry place but they don't even say goodbye except the princess :'(
Aug 20, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2015
A lighter episode, but still an enjoyable one. This time all of the spies were involved.

"How are we going to move all this machinery?"
Ange: "I got my ball of hax."

Everything is better with singing! Nice to see the state of the citizens and their struggle in maintaining their lives. Looks like Charlotte, Chise, and Dorothy gave them new hope. Does Charlotte still own the laundry factory? If she does, yay a new source of income!

The only thing I found hard to believe is Chise deflecting bullets with an Iron. But this kind of thing seems to happen throughout the series, so I'll let it be.
TarotistOct 28, 2018 2:56 PM
Aug 20, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2009
Tarotist said:
"How are we going to move all this machinery?"
Ange: "I got my ball of hax."

LOL! I think you win the quote of the day. xD

That ball sure is a hax tool. Ange cheating too much, the ball needz a nerf.

As for the Episode, it was very sweet. I wish we could see more of those laundry girls again someday... but most likely not. x3
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Aug 20, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2015
Pretty nice and calm episode this time. They managed to save a company and the girls working there while doing their mission. Surely makes you smile, moments like these.

Aug 20, 2017 5:16 PM

Oct 2014
That... happens in the Kingdom, right?
So why do the laundry workers not know Pricilla is their Princess?
She maybe is the Meaningless Princess or something like that, but I thought that was just bcs she has to sit 4th on the line to the throne.
Very big plot hole that I expect to get solved sometime in the past (erm I mean: in future episodes, but in the previous cases)

Also Princess needs to stop treating this as a game.
She can be brave is she wants, but there's a big difference between being brave and being so stupid to endanger another, way bigger, operation than this one episode.
Aug 20, 2017 5:24 PM
Jul 2015
Revvie-chan said:
That... happens in the Kingdom, right?
So why do the laundry workers not know Pricilla is their Princess?
She maybe is the Meaningless Princess or something like that, but I thought that was just bcs she has to sit 4th on the line to the throne.
Very big plot hole that I expect to get solved sometime in the past (erm I mean: in future episodes, but in the previous cases)

You underestimate the power of tying your hair :P

But then later in the episode when she does let her hair down nobody recognizes her still

Jokes aside, I was thinking that too.
I have a good theory though.
If we keep in mind the time period, the peasantry may not at all be too well informed in the deeper aspects of the royal family. The mob, after all, have more pressing matters to tend to rather than trying to figure out the identity of someone who may not even sit on the throne.

Revvie-chan said:

She can be brave is she wants, but there's a big difference between being brave and being so stupid to endanger another, way bigger, operation than this one episode.

I don't know which part of this episode you are talking about here though.
Aug 20, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
ScoomKun said:

Revvie-chan said:

the part where she bought the whole laundry mill.
it's very like her, but one little f*** up and that dude Frankie (who probably is a very little part of the Duke's great "empire") can just spoil that to his boss, and his boss to his boss, so far and so forth the Duke will find out, and that would endanger her friends, including Ange (especially Ange, actually.)
Aug 20, 2017 7:10 PM
Jul 2015
Revvie-chan said:
ScoomKun said:

it's very like her, but one little f*** up and that dude Frankie (who probably is a very little part of the Duke's great "empire") can just spoil that to his boss, and his boss to his boss, so far and so forth the Duke will find out, and that would endanger her friends, including Ange (especially Ange, actually.)

I don't know very well the thought process of loan sharks. But from what I have surmised across multiple media that had featured or at least showed a part of loan sharks was that, they tend to keep to themselves. Very rarely will they ever turn to authority to settle their own problems. After all, sharking loans is a very shady business especially given the time period.
For all her calm and kind demeanor Princess is a very calculating woman, at least that is my impression of her. She likely considered those factors before taking action.
And, of course they can always "silence" people. Although I doubt that princess will like that.
Aug 20, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
This was filler. I gotta be honest.

While the story within the episode isn't a bad one. It was nice to see the girls care about the mill and help it get back on its feet. But this episode didn't do anything for the plot like the others did. The action and mystery of this episode was also pretty light. It has its moments and highlights, but overall the episode was disappointing, but enjoyable filler.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 20, 2017 8:53 PM
Jul 2016
Order of episodes to watch

Ep 02 - case 1
Ep 03 - case 2
Ep 05 - case 7
Ep 04 - case 9

Ep 01 - case 13
Ep 07 - case 16
Ep 06 - case 18
Aug 20, 2017 9:40 PM
Sep 2016
The friendship between Chise and Marilla was nice to watch and also when the guys took their clothes off xD

Aug 20, 2017 9:51 PM
Jul 2013
Atavistic said:
Wow, talk about a hell of a lot of sloppy spy work this episode, from the Princess buying the mill (seriously, how did that not break their cover?) to Dorothy not being remotely worried about that debt collector guy noticing her and blowing their cover as well, not to mention Chise beating up that guy without taking any precautions to prevent others from seeing her in action. Also, how convenient that the random soldier just so happened to give the bad guy's uniform in to be washed when the bad guy always washes it himself; you'd think he'd take more precautions to prevent such a thing from happening, but evidently not.

Also, I am not accepting a bullet-proof iron. That is bullshit of the highest caliber.

This episode is case 16, last week's episode is case 18 so this is the first time Dorothy saw the loan shark (whether or not he saw her is another question because she was standing outside looking through the window with the other workers).
If you look at the background carefully the dude came in when the workers were on break. No one expected Marilla or the guy to show up at the factory during that time. And what do you suggest Chise do? Close the door while fighting him?
The random soldier was his roommate so it's totally possible for him to give the workers his uniform when he saw it lying on the bed. The other friend literally mocked the killer for always washing the clothes himself too "What? Have to do it the way Mummy taught you?" The dude shouldn't have let his guard down that day and maybe he was confident that his friends wouldn't touch his uniform but guys can be jerks sometimes.
Aug 20, 2017 9:57 PM

Oct 2014
ScoomKun said:
Revvie-chan said:

For all her calm and kind demeanor Princess is a very calculating woman, at least that is my impression of her. She likely considered those factors before taking action.

I wouldn't really call her "calm" bcs it's more like she's raised the way she is, but yeah she's supposed to be calculative.
I'll love it if the anime tries to underline that side of her more (instead of her brave princess side, bcs we've seen those kinds of princesses all the time in fiction.)
Aug 20, 2017 10:31 PM

Dec 2016
Another great episode.

Ange as a delinquent as so funny.

Goes to show that the girls are more than just spies, they are still human beings.

I thought it was great how they all helped out those girls in laundry mill.

I wonder if that pimp guy will get beaten up by everyone by the time this show ends.
Aug 20, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 2016
I will give a hint here of something that is already very apparent: the operation Changeling, which was supposed to happen in episode 02 - Case 1, is still in progress, but it is being executed in a gradual way, and this with the Princess allegedly allied with The Commonwealth, therefore, it is clear that the mentions of operation in episodes 06 [Case 18] and 05 [Case 7] indicate that it is still in progress. There is an event in episode 04 [Case 9] concerning the princess which is a good indication of why this operation is still in progress [I can not speak more than that, it would be spoiler].
Aug 20, 2017 11:31 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty great episode. It was interesting to see how the girls changed the set up of the mill.

I like how this show deals with a lot of issues like poverty and all.

This show really came out of nowhere and it is really good.
Aug 21, 2017 12:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Unlike the previous episodes of the show, we have finally got an episode with a happy and joyous ending. Considering the last couple of episodes' tragic story, I think this was a wonderful and most welcome change of events. Of course, however, this episode itself had moments in the show that were prominent and magnificent.

Lol, Ange's delinquent mode, though, was just brilliant. Why hasn't she won an Oscars, like seriously? 😂 As for Chiaki, it's great to see her get along with the other workers of the mill and form friendships with them.

Sweet episode! 5/5
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 21, 2017 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
omwg said:
Atavistic said:

This episode is case 16, last week's episode is case 18 so this is the first time Dorothy saw the loan shark (whether or not he saw her is another question because she was standing outside looking through the window with the other workers).
If you look at the background carefully the dude came in when the workers were on break. No one expected Marilla or the guy to show up at the factory during that time. And what do you suggest Chise do? Close the door while fighting him?
The random soldier was his roommate so it's totally possible for him to give the workers his uniform when he saw it lying on the bed. The other friend literally mocked the killer for always washing the clothes himself too "What? Have to do it the way Mummy taught you?" The dude shouldn't have let his guard down that day and maybe he was confident that his friends wouldn't touch his uniform but guys can be jerks sometimes.

In that case, why didn't she react in that episode instead then? Sure, maybe he didn't see her, but she saw him and doesn't strictly have a way to know whether he actually saw her or not. Furthermore, this is a perfect example of why it's annoying for this show to keep messing with its episode order for no reason, as if the episodes were in chronological order there wouldn't be any reason for confusion.
Aug 21, 2017 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
Atavistic said:
In that case, why didn't she react in that episode instead then? Sure, maybe he didn't see her, but she saw him and doesn't strictly have a way to know whether he actually saw her or not. Furthermore, this is a perfect example of why it's annoying for this show to keep messing with its episode order for no reason, as if the episodes were in chronological order there wouldn't be any reason for confusion.

While it's easy to miss it in episode 6 as we aren't aware, if you see Dorothy's reaction when she sees the loan shark on episode 6 at around 7m50s, it seems like she did recognize him.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Aug 21, 2017 2:11 AM
Jul 2013
Atavistic said:
omwg said:

But you forget Dorothy didn't expect to see the loan shark at the cafe instead of her father (episode 6).

edit to make myself clearer: what I mean is even if she did recognize him it's not important to have her show the expression outwardly because she had a bigger problem at hand (why wasn't her father there?). I would also argue that hiding one's expressions well is what spies do too.
omwgAug 21, 2017 2:50 AM
Aug 21, 2017 2:25 AM
Jul 2015
omwg said:
Atavistic said:

But you forget Dorothy didn't expect to see the loan shark at the cafe instead of her father (episode 6).

Can we just accept that, among us different people process the timeline differently?
I for one have no trouble following the unusual timeline with little to no confusion on my part. This of course may be different for you, as it is for everybody else.

chaosprophet said:

While it's easy to miss it in episode 6 as we aren't aware, if you see Dorothy's reaction when she sees the loan shark on episode 6 at around 7m50s, it seems like she did recognize him.

This belongs in episode 6 more than in this thread but, alas.
I think that was more a look of "What the hell has this useless buffoon got himself into this time"

Aug 21, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
I wasn't sure what to expect when going into this episode because so far this each individual episode has been either amazing or laugh-out-loud bad, so I was actually taking notes for this one.

It had quite a few positives. Marilla was a pretty interesting character who seemed complex enough to have her own story, as well as a good dynamic with Chise. A character we haven't even known for half an hour who probably won't appear in the show again, is getting character development with one of our main cast. That's awesome.
There are also those little world-building remarks the show likes to slip in to make this place seem a bit more believable. In this case, it's that some of the workers can't read. It adds a bit of depth and is believable for the time.

I do have a few negatives but they're mostly minor. Things like their aliases being terrible, or that we can still see Marilla's right eye despite her hair completely covering it up. As for major complaints I've only got two. One: Why does nobody recognise the princess. We know this universe has photography so shouldn't she appear at least slightly familiar to the workers? Two: Why was this a job for spies? In terms of a case, there was no reason for them to send in spies to look for the killer in secret, when the police could have done the job faster with no need for secrecy.

Overall, still a good episode, and I really hope the series can keep up this level off quality for it's last few episodes
Aug 21, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
So they went back to one of the earlier cases for a more lighthearted episode after the tragedy of last week. It was a good choice if you ask me.

Found it quite enjoyable to watch girls doing the laundry for some reason, and all the adjustments made to improve upon their livelihood after the Princess bought out the laundry shop, as well as the improvements made within the shop itself, were a joy to see from a business admin major's perspective. Boosting profits by over 200% and making the process so efficient that you finish a week's worth of work within a days time is a crazy feat. They even incorporated some of that Japanese production line mentality in there as well.

In the end, they managed to catch the terrorist as well. Ange and her team bringing in the expertise and leaving the girls in a better position than before they came in, was the epitome of a great business case study performed in motion. Absolutely loved it all.

And now I'm wondering just why the goons from last episode, the ones trying to heckle the foreman in this one, didn't recognize Dorothy or Beatrice last week...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 21, 2017 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
TheGreatMizuti said:
As for major complaints I've only got two. One: Why does nobody recognise the princess. We know this universe has photography so shouldn't she appear at least slightly familiar to the workers? Two: Why was this a job for spies? In terms of a case, there was no reason for them to send in spies to look for the killer in secret, when the police could have done the job faster with no need for secrecy.

The killer was a Kingdom soldier killing Commonwealth supporters inside the Kingdom. As Beatrice mention on episode 3, the Kingdom's police is under the Duke of Normandy so they can't rely on them. While it didn't seem like the Duke was backing the guy up, chances are he was at least ordered the police to overlook him like not making a real effort to capture the guy.

Apparently on a radio show the staff answered that they didn't need to hide the Princess face because while most people who received full education knows her, those in the laundry didn't receive sufficient education, had a low literacy rate to read newspapers so they wouldn't recognize her.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Aug 21, 2017 9:17 AM
Jun 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
And now I'm wondering just why the goons from last episode, the ones trying to heckle the foreman in this one, didn't recognize Dorothy or Beatrice last week...

About that - This episode is Case 16 while the Case last week was 18 - Hence The foreman didn't recognise them :)
Aug 21, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2016
chaosprophet said:
TheGreatMizuti said:
As for major complaints I've only got two. One: Why does nobody recognise the princess. We know this universe has photography so shouldn't she appear at least slightly familiar to the workers? Two: Why was this a job for spies? In terms of a case, there was no reason for them to send in spies to look for the killer in secret, when the police could have done the job faster with no need for secrecy.

The killer was a Kingdom soldier killing Commonwealth supporters inside the Kingdom. As Beatrice mention on episode 3, the Kingdom's police is under the Duke of Normandy so they can't rely on them. While it didn't seem like the Duke was backing the guy up, chances are he was at least ordered the police to overlook him like not making a real effort to capture the guy.

Apparently on a radio show the staff answered that they didn't need to hide the Princess face because while most people who received full education knows her, those in the laundry didn't receive sufficient education, had a low literacy rate to read newspapers so they wouldn't recognize her.

Okay, I was mistaken on the police point, but you don't need to be literate or educated to recognise a face. Even if some of the girls couldn't read, they can still recognise her from photographs, and considering she's a princess, there's bound to be a lot of them.
Aug 21, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
uchimaki131 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

About that - This episode is Case 16 while the Case last week was 18 - Hence The foreman didn't recognise them :)

Actually, that's what I meant. If last week's case was after this one, then there would have been a possibility that the debt collectors would have seen them here, and hence recognized them in last week's episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.