Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 11, 2015 3:02 PM

May 2015
So far both endings have left me with my jaw hanging wide open in shock.

A few things I'd like clarification on: are these not so much different timelines as they are different scenarios? Meaning that in the first version both Mion and Rena (and possibly the other two girls) were responsible for the deaths, but in this version only Mion was responsible?

I get the feeling poor Keiichi is going to die in every scenario.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't enjoy it as much as the first arc, but that ending was worth it

Luke72 said:
Wonder who's going to be an ogre next time...

hahaha
Nov 4, 2015 4:01 AM

Oct 2014
When Mion said that Shion is still alive, I thought that she kept her alive after torturing her by pulling out her intestines. I'm disappointed tbh but still, that last scene scared the hell out of me.

WTF?!
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
What is happening here!? o_o

Does the demon change from each arc or some shit?
Dec 20, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
I honestly have no idea what's going on, lmao. This whole Mion, Shion thing is really confusing.
My habit of watching this after midnight really should die. lol
Dec 29, 2015 5:50 PM

Sep 2015
At the end... nothing made any fuck*ng sense whatsoever...
Why dafuq did they even show Rika headstabbing herself to death if there's no follow up?

This arc was a bit disappointing. Still good... but disappointing.

I was literally like this at the end:

TchamiFeb 21, 2016 11:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 2:58 AM

Dec 2015
Bitch was cray.

Why do I always watch this in the dead of night. Ugh. @_@
Mar 3, 2016 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
I was watching with a couple of friends and have finally gotten through the first two arcs. Holy mother, Mion scared us shit-less, especially at that final moment we were screaming for minutes literally. As if Rena-chan at the door wasn't scary enough omg.
Mar 13, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2015
Confused i am....................
Apr 17, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
WTF is happening?
Dec 24, 2016 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
this eps gave some great backstory of oginafuchi aka hinamizawa villa, and the bar has been raised high af, oh mion suprised me this eps
Facta Non Verba
Jan 9, 2017 3:32 PM

Nov 2016
This arc didn't make too much sense for me. I kind of zoomed out of the whole thing and didn't grip me anywhere near as much as the last arc did. 1st arc = 8/10 2nd arc = 5/10
Jan 18, 2017 7:04 PM
Jan 2012
ReilaNimu said:
Wait, what was the point of Rika's suicide scene in the beginning of this arc/chapter? Unlike the scene of Keiichi killing Rena and Mion in the first episode, the suicide scene wasn't featured again.
To think I posted this four years ago and I still have no idea of why that scene was featured at the start of the arc.

Hope they explain it in the next episodes.
Jan 27, 2017 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
I think you are talking about the scene where she used the knife in front of.... ?
In case thats what you are talking about ,yes it will be solved and explained. But most of the stuff happening will find an answere in season 2.
CptJackSparrowJan 27, 2017 6:04 AM
Feb 23, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was great. Though, the ending wasn't adapted too well from the visual novel.

I guess that's the curse I have to bear, since I read the VNs first. Everything seems a bit rushed, in the anime

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Apr 2, 2017 3:24 AM

Jan 2017
Okay wtf is happening? Like seriously
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Jul 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
This anime is getting good. It was getting confusing between the twin sisters tbh. >..<
Sep 5, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2015
I need more info. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 29, 2017 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
I’m actually surprised at how no one is pointing out how stupid these characters are. Their actions make no sense, whatsoever. Watching this episode made me lose brain cells.
removed-userDec 29, 2017 3:02 PM
Apr 3, 2018 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Oh, so Someone is able to change bodies now? Now I understand why that photographer's gf was acting all horny in the beginning.

Mion sucks. And this show ain't giving me any answers. About the different arcs ad such.

So, if I am right, if Keiichi gave the doll to Mion, Mion would have actually went with him to a restaurant(not the one Shion has) and Keiichi wouldn't have met Shion. Am I right?

(If Mion received the doll, Mion would have stayed in the group and she would have gone with Keiichi to restaurant).

But I am getting quite bored. This sucks.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 6, 2018 11:18 PM
Oct 2017
my head hurts watching this anime.
what actually is a signature?
Sep 10, 2018 6:01 AM
Apr 2018
I don't understand what happen now ._.
Each four episodes new killer and victims except takano and tometaki
ooishi said mion is die but in the last scene?? Is she came back hahaha or the demon is waked up
absolutely in the next four episodes there will be a new story .-.
Feb 8, 2019 8:38 AM

Jan 2019
Silly me thought he was going to get out alive at the end of this one XD
May 10, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2018
Ending scene was scary. Just when you think he'll survive the damn demon jumps outta nowhere.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 13, 2019 11:43 AM
Apr 2016
8 episodes in and still sooo sooo many mysteries hanging around. The murderer was unveiled, it was Mion all along, though, in the previous timeline it was different, in that timeline Rena was completely possessed too. Good informative episode.
Aug 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Mar 2019
This is how Mion died

Nov 18, 2019 1:58 AM

Feb 2019
i don't know, this episode wasn't good imo, someone murdered 2 of your friends and they're acting normal like nothing happened at all, like ???
Dec 30, 2019 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
Whoah, Rena is such a good girl in this episode. And I can't believe how Keiichi was so oblivious that something might happen to him if he followed Mion on the torture place.

This is a confusing episode for me but heck, the ending is really scary!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 14, 2020 2:20 PM
Sep 2019
I am not sure I get this anime. I thought we were going to see the same story from several points of view, instead we have a different story every time?
And so far they seem to be very convoluted stories, I struggle to follow the plot. It could be me, of course.
But the MC is just plain stupid, isn't he?
Mar 31, 2020 2:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I'm afraid this was far too confusing for me. Adding that bit of the doctor's death prior to the trespassing makes it even more confusing. And it's a new arc starting from next episode...

Hopefully, there'll be clarity on this somewhere along the line. Confused over the part at the very start too since we didn’t even get to the part of Rika-chan neck-stabbing herself numerous times. This gives me hope that we’ll be coming back to this in a future arc, hopefully the next!

I was thinking we’d be seeing the events from the 1st arc across different POVs from the show additionally but it’s apparently not the case. Some clear differences in events, after all. Is it going to be the junior two turns next? Is there even an overarching plot here?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2020 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
David12454 said:
SOLVED IT! :)

So it's quite simple, the thing is the person that was in the cell was actually MION and not SHION.

The one that threw the boulder onto Keiichi was actually Shion (putting in mind that Mion is the one in the cell) One thing that supports this is in the same episode if you recall Mion saying "I think I know why Mion liked you now." even though she "is Mion". (no she isn't)

After Keiichi got tied up and nearly tortured his friend Rena comes in to save him only to find him knocked out and tasered so the medics come in and pull out what looks like to be Keiichi and Shion which she was in the cell. (keep in mind it was Mion in the cell and NOT Shion)

BUT heres the catch a couple days later or so Keiichi gets stabbed by Mion or what he thinks was Mion BUT was actually SHION.

Then after recovering in the hospital Ooishi, Kuraudo (police officer) tells him that Mions dead body was found in the WELL after the cite people had rushed in and in that logic it was NOT Mion that stabbed Keiichi but Shion.

BUT then Ooishi says that SHION was found dead after falling off her apartment from a high height!

Then all of a sudden that last scene you see what Keiichi thinks to be MION but actualy SHION NAIL HIM DOWN. BUT wait they said SHION was found DEAD right?!?! YEAH but LISTEN HOW DID SHE GET TO THE HOSPITAL WHY IS SHE ALL COVERED IN BLOOD??!?! WELL EASY SHE FELL THEY BROUGHT HER TO THE HOSPITAL SHE ACTUALLY LIVED AND CRAWLED TO Keiichi's BED THAT EXPLAINS WHY SHES COVERED IN BLOOD THAT EXPLAINS HOW SHE GOT IN THE HOSPITAL AND UNDER KEIICHI'S BED

THAT EXPLAINS WHY MIONS BODY WAS FOUND UNDER THE WELL BECAUSE THIS WHOLE ENTIRE TIME IT WAS SHION WHICH WAS ACTING AS MION AND AT THE CITE SHION KILLED MION AND THREW HER INTO THE WELL AND THEN WENT BACK AS BEING SHION WHICH SHE ORIGINALLY IS.

HOW DID SHE SURVIVE THE FALL?
A: SHE FAKED IT
B: SHES HALF DEMON

But what really mind fucks me is who the fuck was that lady that looked like Miyo Takano if the real one was already DEAD!?!?!?

Maybe just maybe Ditto is in this anime and this entire time it was Ditto fucking with everyone.

(Now you guys can watch the next episode without hating poor Mion)

Ok i'm watching atm the TVshow on Netflix. I knew this anime so far and watched some slices of it long time ago.
But... this 8th ep ending was making me wondering about the last 10 minutees.

Your explanation sounds good.

I have no more explanation about Takano girl in the secret room. Probably Oyashiro's appearance imo. Otherwise, it makes no sense at all!
Apr 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Feb 2018
Last scene is so crazy...
May 15, 2020 9:50 PM
Oct 2019
Understandably still confused. And my questions are mounting. Most/All of which I assume will eventually be answered. Hopefully.

Plothole? The demon in Mion said it was awakened when Keiichi gave the doll to Rena and not Mion. But if the demon wasn't awakened until then, how did Mion/the demon kill all those people over the last 5 years? That didn't make sense.

I agree with everyone else who said it was stupid/naive of Keiichi to keep saying Mion was his friend and will always be his friend even though she literally just admitted to killing a whole bunch of people (serial killer-style). But it's just some dumbass altruistic crap I've noticed in a lot of these animes, where people are always so forgiving even though it makes no sense and nobody actually acts like that in the real world. So we just gotta shrug it off as another one of those instances.

Still not sure what's going on with these different "timeline" thingies. I kind of get the feeling all of the girls are going to be the "bad" one at some point or another in one of these timelines (while the others look more "good", before alternating again). Which means I'm hesitant to say Rena is good based solely on this second timeline arc. She wasn't "good" in the first one by any means.
May 23, 2020 4:31 AM
Oct 2011
Now I'm convinced that Keichi is a complete idiot. Why on earth did he think it would be a good idea to spend time alone with a killer?
May 24, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2018
ok, I'm lost. Completely fucking lost lol
May 26, 2020 7:50 AM

Jul 2019
lsumi said:
Holy Crap!!! damn i knew it this ep would creep me out!! keichi is a unlucky dude!! third time best time eh xD next ep next ep !!! dont be vreepy onegai xD

Grtz lsumi
He's not unlucky he's dumb. How can a person be so fucking dumb? Why would you go near a person who is batshit insane and has killed people like Mion. Is keichi brain dead? Brainlet.
"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."

— Ken Kaneki

Jun 25, 2020 3:07 AM

Apr 2020
AH. I GET IT. BUT, WHAT THE HELL?
Jul 7, 2020 11:30 PM

Aug 2018
WTF! Mion is a Psycho! And... she wasn't the one who attacked Shion and Keiichi? Ok..

Aug 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2020
I am offficially confused. Is it Mion or Shion who is the crazy one? Them being twins create too many possibilities. Anyway, aren't they both dead?! The one was thrown into the well and the other one fell down from a building...

And what's with those dead-alive people like that nurse lady? This is still hella confusing, even more than the first scenario. Imma go watch the next one, hoping I won't go crazy like all those lolis.

[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Aug 3, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2020
keichi is dumb to trust mion again.

i read another comment and can all the arcs be showing how in each one of them are connected to the curse (said in first arc) and showing how each character is good and bad? hmm
Aug 25, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a bit confused. So who is the crazy one among the twin, Mion or Shion?
I'm understanding now why a lot of people like this.

The last scene had me jumping. :o
At least Keiichi survived in this arc... I think.

Sep 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
The stupidity of the MC can certainly not be expressed with mere words. Crazy psycho bitch who killed 3 of my friends wants me to folllow her into a torture dungeon? Sure why not. After nearly torturing and killing me she wants to talk to me outside? Of course! *gets stabbed*
Oct 2, 2020 2:11 AM

Nov 2018
Yes it was most likely Shion pretending to be Mion all this time.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 9, 2020 8:56 PM
Oct 2020
I liked the first arc more, like u guys, this second arc is too confusing.

And Mion showed up in the end looking all bloody, I think maybe she's back from the dead again from hospital bed. Just like Takano's. However it's hospital, she knock his finger, he will scream his lungs out and all the hospital people would be aware and rushing to the scene.

I don't like the zombie idea, too confusing.
morsh88Oct 9, 2020 9:08 PM
Oct 12, 2020 5:21 AM
Oct 2019
That jump scare really got me man... Omg
I thought we gonna see that earlier scene in episode 5 in this episode... Guess not
Oct 17, 2020 4:28 AM

Apr 2020
What the FUCK IS GOING ON!!!!!

Who is dead! Who is alive! Who is who!!!!
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 6:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The cause was really because of a supernatural thingy.

Well, Okay. The second arc has already done. I thought Keiichi could be survived there. But, not so easy, chad. Your death flag already fluttering. So good bye! The VN style really not my thing, knewing the next one, they surely reset everything from the beginning again. I can't help but unsatisfied with these first season, and must survived against all of the tireful event, full of nightmare, from the beginning. Well, i guessed i just need to survive until the last 26 episodes. Wish me luck. Because the next one was somehow a nice one. Yeah, Rika's arc!

Beside that, i got to knowing that Rena, on these timeline was supposed to be in all support to Keiichi. Judging from Mion statement, its clear that Rena had the same 'demon side' on her body too. A small mistakes could drive them crazy and led into one route: the death of Keiichi. First arc, possibility, Rena felt Keiichi was a liar, and opposed by Keiichi. She didn't like him to avoided her like that, she feels betrayed. And secondly, Mion feels betrayed and marginalized, because Keiichi was closer to Shion, and ignored her, a jealousy matter. Well, the crazy girls and its insane transformation, and crazy village with all of their beliefs. The curse was somewhat real, in another meaning XD. Interesting to see how that shit could be happen. I mean, with the zombie shit. Or was that the illusion? A doppelganger? Maybe the next arc explained these thing? Also, the glimpse on the first episode of these second arc was not even revealed. Such a shame. Because the confusion really enveloped me so much. Lol. Okay, its enough. Lets go to the next one, then ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 27, 2020 3:16 AM

Oct 2016
I have so many questions but, I think the first arc was overall better. But, this arc was still pretty good. But, again I have so many questions lmao. Though I am sure those questions will be answered eventually.

I gotta say though, I really like Rena when she don't have the curse or something.

Shion was definitely impersonating Mion, though it was really confusing how they're dead... and then they are alive lmao. That last scene definitely scared the fuck outta me though, fucking Shion or Mion just popped out out of nowhere. Looks like next arc will be another timeline or something, I am looking forward to how all of these arcs will tie together.
Nov 5, 2020 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
It's going to get more confusing with Mion, Mion pretending to Shion or vice versa and now demon possessed Mion.
Nov 9, 2020 10:20 AM
Jan 2016
shion and mion confused me. buhuhuhu
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 14, 2008

147 by CutieAnshin »»
May 11, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.