Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 20, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
well the phone talk part was funny...hmmm how the hell everyone got high grades
Jul 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
FlameTaJaDoru said:
It's interesting and intriguing but also comes off as preachy and pretentious at times.

its actually doing a very good job at not being too pretentious and edgy while keeping its tense atmosphere

keep in mind that these are 14 year olds that got them selves in a highly competitive environment. It might seem easy from an 18+ year perspective but when i was 1st year in high-school i could not tell left from right.
Jul 20, 2017 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
I like how this mc hide his ability, and give a shock for his opponent, just like Shiba Tatsuya from Mahouka, I keep watching this, cannot wait for next episode...
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jul 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2017
Well the male MC is kinda badass.
And I think he is a genius too
I like this anime

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 20, 2017 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
There's not a bigger slut than Kushida in this entire anime season. And I'm including hentai.
Jul 20, 2017 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
uuuum, did she just call herself a potato?
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 20, 2017 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
TehSnawn said:
4/5

Way better than the first episode. The fanservice was nice but I hope there isn't an absurd amount later...though there might be since nearly all the girls have a fairly large bust. We also got to see how the system works and a little more personality from Horikita when she was around her brother.

I like the duo of Ayanokouji and Horikita...mostly cause it reminds me of 8man and Yukino. But I'm sure (and hope) it's going to be differen which seems to be the case with how mysterious Ayanokouji is and how vulnerable Horikita is around her brother.

I really hope we find out more about Ayanokouji, he was awesome during that brief fight scene. I guess I'm on board with this show because of wanting to know more about Ayanokouji. I'm sure he has an ulterior motive in getting into the school judging by his entrance scores being all 50's.

Maybe I'm overthinking it though, considering he ranked fairly low on the latest tests. Regardless, I really want to know about him.

i dunno why people repeatedly compare the 2 series' main characters, as you can clearly see from this episode he is nothing like Oregairu's MC, talking in a monotone manner isnt solely reserved for him

Horikita comparisions make more sense but that character archetype is more or less everywhere

about the episode itself, uhm they seem to have cut out a lot of the interactions between the 2 MCs but thats fine i guess? MC's reactions and failures are kinda funny to see though so far i like it

Arashi_Rogue said:
Ay this is the kind of MC i've been waiting for. This is way more enjoyable than the typical shy, scared, idiot male lead cliche thats been circulating these past couple of seasons in my opinion (If you want to argue that statement, I will gladly write you a quick list of at least 8. Cant wait to see ep 3 though ;)

you mean gamers MC? yeah fck them
Freestyle80Jul 20, 2017 2:43 PM
Jul 20, 2017 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
I was wondering when Suzune's views of Ayanokouji's upper body would come back into play. But damn my man has some moves! That caught me completely off guard. Actually was really cool.

Aww man Suzune in that swimsuit though <3 I am in love with her eyes.

I liked the text message moments between Suzuna and Ayanokouji. I was rolling when she was answering him before even sending the message lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 20, 2017 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
Starting with a pool scene after leaving us with that ending from last episode. Nice.
Jul 20, 2017 6:01 PM
Apr 2013
Lel another Godtsuya in the making.
Jul 20, 2017 6:01 PM
Jan 2017
This episode shows this series has promise, with the students working to improve their scores and get more points. More about Kiyotaka is revealed in this episode, which might make him more interesting and likable. The challenge of a protagonist is that he has to be normal enough to be relatable and complex enough to be interesting. Hopefully, Kiyotaka will manage. Also, if the D-class students got high scores, what's up with the ominous atmosphere? That was a weird way to end the episode.
Jul 20, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
Either Kushida got a serious bust-up for the anime, or her character profile lies...

Height: 155 cm
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
BWH: 82/55/83

So roughly 5'1" w/ 32" bustline... supposedly only 3cm larger than Horikita.. I'm calling forced fanservice on those head-sized sweater stuffers. >.>
Jul 20, 2017 9:28 PM

Jul 2015
Hunh... guess Kushida will be handling ALL of the fan service for this anime while MC pulls off all the SICK dodges. And ummm... I really want it to get more dark...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 20, 2017 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
Leo_10 said:
Suzune and student council president are siblings. He was going to hit her for real.

Kiyotaka scored 50 in all his test. He surprised me in that short fight scene. Maybe I should practice Piano and Calligraphy. Also tea ceremony. XD

I love your posts xD. And I 100% agree with you.
Jul 20, 2017 10:53 PM

Jan 2015
sirwence said:
bobzanny said:
Wow so they do almost all of vol.1 in 2 episodes, cutting out most of the classes character development. Not too happy about that especially since it hurts the MC the most and the setup for vol.2 will be lacking.

At least the parts that were adapted were done well.

Indeed im sure it is cutting stuff; but if it adapted everything wed likely be sitting at ep 3-6 and still be in vol 1 ; likely trying to do what they can in the time allotted though I understand I never like the cuts/

I understand the business model it's just infuriating that it happens. This episode should have been episode 4 and the anime should cover about 2-3 volumes instead of 4-5. It just sucks for anime only viewers because unless the read the LN they won't get the extra depth the LN has to offer, especially with its side characters.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 21, 2017 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
Ho.....I knew I'm gonna like the MC, had some Onii-sama and Hikki vibes about him. Horikita sure chases after Ayanokoji a lot despite being a 9-yr long lone wolf.

Also I wanna ask, is being in class D some demerit, separate from trash, dumb and money problems aside? After graduation, even after in D class they are gonna placed right?
Jul 21, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
rinneganfire4u said:
had some Onii-sama and Hikki vibes about him.

Exactly what i thought.

My expectations are increasing, there's a bit of everything, some drama (i.e Horikita and her brother scene), some fun (i.e Call scene), some fanservice (i.e Kushida all scenes).

Let's wait and see what the next episode has up its sleeve.
Jul 21, 2017 10:58 AM
Oct 2015
This definitely keeps me watching. And am I right in saying that
Horikita was about to be groped by her brother? Jesus...
Jul 21, 2017 10:58 AM
Oct 2015
This definitely keeps me watching. And am I right in saying that
Horikita was about to be groped by her brother? Jesus...
Jul 21, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
The story is turning out to be more interesting than I thought it would, so it seems to be a pretty entertaining show. Ayanokouji has grown a lot in my eyes after watching the second episode. (o.o)
Jul 21, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
I'm actually really enjoying this anime, probably one of my favorites this season. I especially like how different everyone in class D is from each other. Lots of different character dynamics, and the way they handle interactions with each other so differently is also really interesting!

Also, I think I'm starting to like Ayanokouji a lot, with his way of thinking and then that mini fight scene, so cool *o*

Can't wait for next week, definitely see myself getting into this one :)
bloopersnooperJul 21, 2017 1:02 PM
Jul 21, 2017 1:17 PM
Mar 2016
So Ayanokouji always get a 50 in his score, so if he deliberately does that if he's really smart, then why settle being in the bottom , if he can be with them A's. Suzune still hates Kikuyo, man what's her deal? I'm starting to think that Suszune might have some brocon with the school's student council pres.

In the end even those 3 loser turn out to be good and can actually hold their own. So much for Suzune's study group.
Jul 21, 2017 1:20 PM
Oct 2010
Stepch said:
I like how this mc hide his ability, and give a shock for his opponent, just like Shiba Tatsuya from Mahouka, I keep watching this, cannot wait for next episode...

Oh my god, I hope this MC isn't like the mahouka dude but I'm already seeing the signs.

Anyway I do like that the dynamics of the "game" are coming into play here i.e. being as good as your weakest student, people coming up to the overly friendly girl for money etc etc. I want to see how it all unfolds in the long run and I do hope the MC isn't this overly perfect character like that mahouka dude, that would just be annoying.

What's also interesting is that the student council president implied that class A actually had prior knowledge of the education system. That would make sense given how far the gaps are between each class in terms of point allocation.

Whoahoho said:
So Ayanokouji always get a 50 in his score, so if he deliberately does that if he's really smart, then why settle being in the bottom , if he can be with them A's. Suzune still hates Kikuyo, man what's her deal? I'm starting to think that Suszune might have some brocon with the school's student council pres.

In the end even those 3 loser turn out to be good and can actually hold their own. So much for Suzune's study group.

There's a strong chance he's there to evaluate the system and is simply trying not to stand out. I could be wrong tho, but that was the only reason I could see why he wouldn't go for better grades. God I hope it isn't something super cheesy like he's just a super athletic genius or something like that. Especially cause this source is apparently in a LN.
Jul 21, 2017 1:34 PM

Feb 2009
Interesting epd. With so many different personalities I'm very interested in seeing how this will all tie together.
Jul 21, 2017 3:09 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode

Im loving these ancient quotes that show up every episode. I guess this is how the students are trying to take their mind off the fact that they managed to lose most of their point allowance. Hmm so this class is full of what the system considers defects eh. I wonder what the criteria used was though. Hmm so the S system monitors the students in real time and accesses their worth eh. Which ultimately caused them to lose their points because it determined that they were worthless. Plus they don't even know the criteria that was used to make them lose points either. As a performance intensive school it will make sense that the exams will be the opportunities where they can earn the points back. Man the teacher really is making them look bad there. And that threat of expulsion though man thats one hell of a motivation for them to do well. With that it means that the class really needs to change if they want to get their points back. The anime really emphasizes on Kikyo's chest though doesn't it. So it seems not everyone in the class cares about the situation that they are in. Hmm Class A sure received a lot of points.

Given the situation a study group isn't a bad idea. While logical its actually surprising that Suzune is willing to help others study. So the lunch was a trap eh crafty one Suzune is. His first phone number for a girl is from Suzune the ice queen eh lol. Asking Kikyo for help was a smart move since she's friends with everyone in the class and who can say no to her as well. Its nice to see that she's willing to help them though. Hmm 2 phone numbers in one day eh. So it looks like Suzune hasn't forgiven Kikyou yet then. Kikyou really is not deterred easily though thats for sure. Now thats a really impressive library. Given Suzune's blunt personality i wonder whether the study group will work. And as expected it didn't. Kikyou is pretty determined in ensuring that the whole class passes doesn't she. Suzune's attitude really changes when she's with her brother thats surprising. So it looks like her brother looks down on her there. Hmm Kiyotaka has surprisingly capable skills in fighting. 50 on every test eh. I wonder is he hiding his true abilities. Regardless that was an interesting side to Suzune's character. Certainly her attitude of viewing others as hindrances is causing her to look down on others. Nice to see that everyone in the class managed to get high points in the exams.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2017 11:53 PM

Dec 2011
I'm glad I didn't read any source before jumping in anime...

Anyway, it's interesting so far. Actually got my hope high when the black-haired girl thought of making study group, thinking maybe she's not the usual socially awkward tsun girl. Instead met my expectation (that I hope weren't fulfilled) where she destroyed it herself. So far, only 2 eps tho, everything from black-haired girl is just going as expected :/ Nah, but it's only 2 eps

I don't like honey(?)-haired girl, but if her past or motive behind her action, might change! Would be even better if it's all facade

Liking the MC so far tho

Jul 22, 2017 1:38 AM
Dec 2016
SoraSenpai said:
I was wondering when Suzune's views of Ayanokouji's upper body would come back into play.

They skip the part where he tells her
Jul 22, 2017 7:51 AM

Mar 2013
Good Episode. This kind of turns into Baka to Test-alike added with Oregairu imo, and Horikita is like "more-hostile" version of Yukino... Kushida's fanservice too tho'

That little fight near the end kinds of surprised me, Ayanokouji perhaps will become a good and interesting MC in the future...
Also nice ED...
Jul 22, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
Didn't expect a fight at all O.O Nicely done.
Ayanokouji kicks ass!

Gotta hate Suzune's brother now. Not that I like him.

Jul 22, 2017 9:58 AM

Feb 2015
not the strong and weak concept of story again. plus discrimination. that eye of looking down on people tho. i hate that.
not that dislike it tho. its still interesting to me.
Jul 22, 2017 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Dude, no hitting girls! I wonder if we'll get to see him fall from his position. I do hope so.
Jul 22, 2017 5:29 PM
Feb 2012
I enjoyed the episode, it is pretty intriguing, and characters are growing on me.

Something is starting to bother me though. It feel like there no real consequence in failing. The anime paints the situation as life or death but objectively its not that big of a deal. They get kicked out, and they either go to a new school, get a job, or move back in with family.

None of it really actually matters. None of the characters are attached to the school, they have no friends or other reason they want to stay.

I am sure slowly they will introduce reasons why each character "Needs to be at that specific school" like how they started with Suzune's relationship with her big brother. But as of right now it feels really hollow and it hard to really care about whole money issue or getting kicked out of school.
Jul 22, 2017 7:09 PM

Sep 2015
that fight was pretty cool, elevated the MC from a hachiman clone to something more. Hope to see more of that side of him in the future.
Jul 22, 2017 8:09 PM
Mar 2014
All this hate for the brother....he is not actually that bad, he is just really disappointed with his sister. Hitting her? I was not directly mentioned in the source material but they probably learn martial art together in the past and Horikita imouto is actually pretty strong and probably used to beating (in fight I mean). He is actually not that bad.

Side note, just finish LN volume 6...it was amazing. Unfortunately we probably wont get to volume 6. Looking from this pace, it will probably be 3 episode per volume and extra one episode for volume 4.5 which close the season with 13 episode.

side side note: Most who read latest LN will probably agree.....Karuizawa Kei is the main heroine of this story lol
Jul 22, 2017 8:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So this is basically a less funny/cute version of Baka and Test. I've always liked the idea of classes battling one another using academics though. but obviously, Baka is way more fun and creative.

Regardless, I'm still curious to see what will happen next now that the scores have been revealed.
Jul 22, 2017 9:58 PM
Aug 2012
aquaspirit39 said:
All this hate for the brother....he is not actually that bad, he is just really disappointed with his sister. Hitting her? I was not directly mentioned in the source material but they probably learn martial art together in the past and Horikita imouto is actually pretty strong and probably used to beating (in fight I mean). He is actually not that bad.

It was mentioned though. I mean the MC isn't going to randomly say that the brother was about to hit her or in LN case, throw her on the ground (on concrete) right.

So the fact remains that the president would have hit her sister without any intervention. So kindly stop with the apologies for the abuser.........he deserves the hate he is getting.

Jul 22, 2017 10:09 PM
Mar 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
aquaspirit39 said:

It was mentioned though. I mean the MC isn't going to randomly say that the brother was about to hit her or in LN case, throw her on the ground (on concrete) right.

So the fact remains that the president would have hit her sister without any intervention. So kindly stop with the apologies for the abuser.........he deserves the hate he is getting.

Can't argue with that, I can see why some people may find that disturbing.
I am pretty used to get beaten myself when my parents is trying to teach me a lesson so I can easily shrug it off. As long as it is not a lethal damage, it is just one way of teaching. In fact, Kiyotaka way of teaching in volume 5 is more brutal than his brother in my opinion if you know what I mean.

But again you are right, most anime viewer have just this scene as their reference so I can't blame them for all this hate.
Jul 22, 2017 11:06 PM
Aug 2012
aquaspirit39 said:

Can't argue with that, I can see why some people may find that disturbing.
I am pretty used to get beaten myself when my parents is trying to teach me a lesson so I can easily shrug it off. As long as it is not a lethal damage, it is just one way of teaching. In fact, Kiyotaka way of teaching in volume 5 is more brutal than his brother in my opinion if you know what I mean.

But again you are right, most anime viewer have just this scene as their reference so I can't blame them for all this hate.

Palm thrust on the stomach will cause a great deal of pain without leaving any bruise (Anime)

Throwing someone on the ground or concrete will cause visible bruises and worse (LN)

Not to mention Brother's way of talking to and holding Suzune was downright abusive (I have a sibling)

There is a difference between Teaching and Abuse and both scenario shows the President as the latter.

There is no whatif here, the brother DESERVES the hate he is getting, nobody likes an abusive person regardless of gender or traumatic reasons. Suzune brushes people off but she does not abuse or bully them, the brother on the other hand..........

Jul 23, 2017 12:05 AM
Dec 2014
I think people here are asking how class D got high scores are getting blindsided. All of them in class D are accepted to a super elite school that is probably very hard to enter even if you're one of the top students in your school. Everyone in the school is probably very smart and has high potential their ranking is probably based on their shortcomings and how they handle various problems and not because to not being able to get high scores in tests. My point here is it's no surprise they got those high scores.
Jul 23, 2017 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
What an uneventful 2nd episode...aside from Ayanokoji being a bit of a badass clashing with the brother of Suzune...
Looks like D Class still can redeem itself by getting high grades on the exams huh...
4/5.

Jul 23, 2017 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
I think they're moving some sequences of events around but chances are they'll explain the grades next episode.

Again, surprisingly the anime is a superior adaptation compared to manga...
Jul 24, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 2017
ButadonMeitante said:
A very intriguing episode. The thing about the deadpan MC is that we have no idea what emotions he really feels, and it's obvious by the hints in this episode that he his hiding his past...

I actually thought it was a masturbation joke until the fight scene.
Jul 24, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
whoa this getting good
Jul 24, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2015
So this is basically Baka to Test serious version. Let's see if it's as good...

Oho, seems like MC-kun is quite capable.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 24, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, a pool scene right off the bat.

Of course, the main character gained some depth. As did Suzune. Not to mention the revelation that everything in class D isn't quite as it seems.
Jul 24, 2017 3:50 PM

Mar 2016
Sorry guys, I'll have to say Suzune looks the best in swim-suit not Kushida. I understand Suzune's mentality also. It's not just because you look down on people though it's just some people think they're better off by themselves and are quite capable of doing things in their own hands. When indulging in it a lot, it'll take an extreme to isolation . Her brother though seems very strict . And Ayanokouji seems quite capable and shrouded with mystery . I find his dynamic with Suzune cute especially the banter through inner monologues and spoken ones like the messages and how he pointed she can act as normal girl lol
Jul 24, 2017 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Sorry guys, I'll have to say Suzune looks the best in swim-suit not Kushida. I understand Suzune's mentality also. It's not just because you look down on people though it's just some people think they're better off by themselves and are quite capable of doing things in their own hands. When indulging in it a lot, it'll take an extreme to isolation . Her brother though seems very strict . And Ayanokouji seems quite capable and shrouded with mystery . I find his dynamic with Suzune cute especially the banter through inner monologues and spoken ones like the messages and how he pointed she can act as normal girl lol
Especially if you have bad experiences with people, early on..
Jul 24, 2017 11:17 PM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Intentionally getting 50 in every subject? Who do you think you are, Miyanaga Saki?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't get 0 in all the test...

*thinking intensifies*
Jul 25, 2017 12:41 AM
Jan 2016
Raydnt said:
That pool scene though, his body totally turned her on lol

WOW!!!!, it looks like they have a personality in the actual manga/novel, they are so boring in the anime... i might have to check the original.

The brother seems cliche and OP, the MC seems too perfect with his superior inteligence and fighting skills, now is not just boring...he is an "Onii-sama" and thats worst than just generic. Horikita is not just an asshole, she is also pathetic (just like the "frendly" girl with big tits).
The only good thing in this episode was the brother´s line "As always, confuse isolation with independence...".
It took me 3 fucking hours to watch this episode just because i had to pause it and watch something better. 2/5 (again).
Jul 25, 2017 3:32 AM
Jan 2015
wow .. i loved this little part
IsekaiNekkoJul 25, 2017 3:35 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

335 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 9, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.