Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 5, 2017 3:34 AM

Sep 2014
Best Girl has been cemented, yet we all know she's gonna lose because the fucker who wrote this is a sis-con. Maybe it'll change though because Sagiri has even less character depth than the Oreimo sister bitch. Won't keep my hopes up, but I'll keep my ears open.
Jun 5, 2017 6:48 AM

May 2016
Traditional beach episode
Jun 5, 2017 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
geez this ending was way too awesome =O
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 5, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
I had my doubts but no more. Elf officially best grill. It's such damn shame she has no chance to win :(
Jun 5, 2017 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
Elf finally got the attention that she deserves. Masamune truly is a lost cause, since even Elf's tentative proposal didn't manage to sway him over. Even though she went out of her way to captivate him... Regardless, my hopes (of the sister route not becoming a reality) still aren't gone, not yet.

Muramasa was cute in her swimsuit as well.
Jun 5, 2017 2:35 PM
May 2017
Elf is the incredible girl who would be a thorn to live with.

She can be sweet and endearing but ruins it with her self-centered, condescending attitude.

Stooping to call Izumi a "candidate" [for her worshipfulness], saying she'd "let him off the hook", "allow" him to know her name, dictating how he should propose to her..

She basically sounds like her mom.

I like their chemistry, but Sagiri's sensitivity and devotion wipes the floor with her. m2c
Jun 5, 2017 3:23 PM

Dec 2014
well a beach episode was out of nowhere...lol the tsundere act in the beginning...
Jun 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2013
This was the best episode so far in my opinion, Elf was already the best girl in anime (actually the plot) for me, but now she's one of the best girls of the season (Chtholly and Katou are also in contention), I really like her personality and this confession was excellent, well, I can not be hopeful, but I certainly would like to see a romantic ending with her and protag ..
Jun 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
Elf is best girl <3 I wasn't totally convinced up until now, but she completely won me over in this episode.

Shame we all know she's not going to win. The best girls always get shafted.
Jun 5, 2017 4:54 PM

Jan 2017
The traditional beach episode. And proof that one goes to the beach for everything else but swimming...

Best episode so far. I really liked the tone shift in the pond scene. Elf really IS an amazing girl. Which makes this even harder to watch the next episodes since the MC seems rather focused on imouto still.
Jun 5, 2017 5:22 PM

Nov 2016
The missunderstood situation between Izumi and Elfs big brother was pretty funny.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2017 5:34 PM
Mar 2017
Let's all admit Elf is the SECOND-best girl after Sagiri.

I guess the normie girl and the bookstore clerk won't come into the picture yet, huh. At least not on this first season since it's 9th ep already. Or are they just minor characters and not in Izumi's harem? I don't know.
Jun 5, 2017 5:44 PM

Mar 2008
Going down with elf ship for sure. what a waifu tier
I watch it for the plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 5, 2017 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Why Im getting a vibe from Oreimo
Kuroneko was there then the MC go with her sister

its like " hey Elf is willing to be with you go with her "
" No, I can't, I keep on thinking my sister sake "

If this is real life I would go accept Elf's proposal

Jun 6, 2017 1:34 AM

Oct 2014
Great episode! I'm late watching this coz I was like I'm sure this is another Sagiri episode so I'm not that excited, but turns out it was a Yamada Elf episode. I saw some clips on youtube about the lotion scene on the beach.

All is well from start until this idiot Masamune tells Elf that she loves someone else. I want to punch him in the jaw (I meant it).

If only someone should create a fan fiction story where Sagiri doesn't exist, I think it's a lot better. It will be a plain harem anime ofcourse, but it's better than a cringe-type-incest-wincest anime.
Jun 6, 2017 4:04 AM
Sep 2015
All aboard the Elf ship! Destination: doujinshis
Jun 6, 2017 4:07 AM

Oct 2013
Just go for it!
Man, I hate the fact that he's in love with his sister when he have two young ladies who fell for him. But no of course, he have his sister complex so screw the others.
And his sister is a trash hikikomori, that doesn't help
Jun 6, 2017 7:01 AM

Jan 2017
Kinda awkward the scene of Masamune watching Chris while spreading lotion on Elf's back. Beach episode ...
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jun 6, 2017 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
Good Episode... Aside from the fanservice part. We finally get to know Elf-sensei really want Masamune's love. And Emily is a cute name tbh, fitting for her...
But we probably know She's not going to win his heart. Still I'm rotting for this ship...

And dat' Onsen scene though, getting misunderstood again lol
Jun 6, 2017 12:28 PM

May 2014
Damn, nice move Emily. I really like her determination.
Jun 6, 2017 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Emily is a cute name :)

Although, I'm definitely still onboard the Sagari ship, this was a great episode for Emily. This episode has made me like her character even more, and I'm looking forward to more episodes with her in it 😊
Jun 7, 2017 10:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Elf declaration nest to the shinnig lake and brithning stars was cool!!!
Jun 7, 2017 7:44 PM

Sep 2015
Best girl episode, so sad that she probably won't win... ;((
Jun 8, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2010
I think it's about time. I need to request, admin please insert this anime database into ecchi category. From my point of view, the author just wanna have sex with young girls with age below 15. I've seen so many scenes contain sagiri's boobs many times and I couldn't forget it.
Jun 8, 2017 11:09 PM

Feb 2015
The lotion scene turned me on, until Chris showed up.

Even before this episode, I already liked Elf personality-wise, and her with Masamune makes a good chemistry. He needs to get his shit together, but like everyone else, I wouldn't hope for the best. Goddamn, this show...but I'm really enjoying it right now.

Muramasa in bikini was great too. Nice episode overall :^D
Jun 9, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2016
i dont know why but elf-sensei has always been my best girl and usually i don't like the blonde girls
Jun 9, 2017 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
This show is such trash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 10, 2017 1:29 PM

May 2010
Uhh in OreImo at least 2 girls had chances to win MC's heart, but in case of Eromanga-sensei it feels totally pointless to watch all of this, since we know that Sagiri and Masamune have confirmed feelings for each other @_@

Too bad, because Elf is super adorable, it'd be nice to be able to root for her, but now it's just meaningless, isn't it?

Btw, is it just me, or was the onsen scene a total rip-off of Haganai? I could swear something IDENTICAL happened back there with MC and Sena's father :v
Jun 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Sep 2008
I was wondering when this show would start becoming annoying. I'd say this episode managed to pull it off. Best girl elf isn't going to win. This show could've been pretty good if they put this kind of development into Sagiri instead since currently she is a mess of a character.
Jun 12, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
I was hoping for a better parody when they showed the ending, however I liked it. I thought the part about the harem was more boring, but it is revealing fun and well-built history.
Jun 13, 2017 12:31 AM
Mar 2014
I found the bath scene with Chris-san so funny. When Masamune was complementing elf, she leaned on the wooden fence and it made a squeak noise, bgm stopped, the noise made both Chris-san and Masamune look and say "hmm'. After that, Masamune carried on his compliment and the same comedy routine happened. hahaha

These kinda of comedy elements are the reason why I still keep watching.
Jun 14, 2017 6:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
#Elf_Is_Best_Girl_2017

Best episode so far. Elf was so cute, adorable, and just winsome. Like she went all out to grab our hearts and man did she do such an amazing job. Her personality alone is already so lovable.

I liked the bath scene where Izumi is so honest about Elf, she really is the best girl easily.

That Fairy Forest scene was pure love. I really wish Masamune would choose her, she already considers him for husband, what is there to not like about her.

Emily is a pretty cute name, I love it.

Jun 15, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
Wish one anime like this wouldn't have the obligatory beach for once, but they handled it pretty well. Really made me like Elf a lot more
Jun 18, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
Elf just got from cute girl to Best Girl Nº1! She is the best girl! Not Sagiri :(
Please chose her. That declaration was so cute :3 #TeamElf #BestGirl
Elf>Sagiri
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2017 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
Woodfall said:
Sagiri is probably gonna get to be with him... like seriously she hid in her room forever without talking to him at all and im suppose to believe they love each other romantically? Like give me a break thats a ton of bullshit...

YES YES YES AND YES AGAIN! It bothers me so much too, like from what we know, they haven't seen eachother for more than a year, how can they love eachother...wtf just a forced bs :/
But you are right :( Best girl never wins.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2016
AivanK said:
Woodfall said:
Sagiri is probably gonna get to be with him... like seriously she hid in her room forever without talking to him at all and im suppose to believe they love each other romantically? Like give me a break thats a ton of bullshit...

YES YES YES AND YES AGAIN! It bothers me so much too, like from what we know, they haven't seen eachother for more than a year, how can they love eachother...wtf just a forced bs :/
But you are right :( Best girl never wins.

Fr man its such an unbelievable ass pull. How can you fall in love with someone you never see or talk to. Its like she didnt even exist to him. I can see maybe him liking her since he was trying so hard to get her to come outside but why the fuck would she hide in her room if she loved him. Wouldnt she be looking to spend time with him??? Such a trashy plotline smh
Jun 19, 2017 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, way to make his sister even more insignificant than she already is. Really, by now Sagiri is just a side character nothing more, the real heroine here is Elf.

It really feels like he is using the phrase "but I'm already in love with someone else" only as shield to fend off the truth, cause the fact is there is simply no chemistry between him and his sister (if anything it feels really forced).

I know this chapter was intended as fanservice only but it's only telling when such character (intentionally?) overshadows the main girl.

If... he ends with Sagiri in the end it would probably be the worst forced ending this anime could have.
Jun 21, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2015
It's a shame that this is gonna end up in tears for Elf, since the show needs to pander those wishing for a shut-in girlfriend like themselves.

Masamune's reputation as a homo grows by every episode. Shidou is probably already writing a fan fiction of it right now. I suspect he's gonna end up being the fourth girl.
uh oh!
Jun 21, 2017 8:59 PM

Dec 2016
A funny and sweet episode, funny in the mishaps with the other guy thinking Masamune is gay, and sweet in the talk between Masamune and Elf's brother and the talk in the forest at the end between Elf and Masamune
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 22, 2017 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
Woodfall said:

Fr man its such an unbelievable ass pull. How can you fall in love with someone you never see or talk to. Its like she didnt even exist to him. I can see maybe him liking her since he was trying so hard to get her to come outside but why the fuck would she hide in her room if she loved him. Wouldnt she be looking to spend time with him??? Such a trashy plotline smh

Couldn't have said better, ok they could love have some feelings for each other but this is too much, they are raising the bar too high.
After all, if she did really love him all this time then she would be there for him when it was hard for him because he was f*** alone and had to struggle with all the problems by himself.
The fact that she was closed in her room for more than a year and affirms that she loves him is the biggest bs.
Would be great if he stayed with Elf, but we all know what will be the real ending...

Jun 24, 2017 2:55 PM

Aug 2010
LOL this is gonna be yet another case where the main girl is actually the most boring and undeveloped relation and the other girls fawning over the MC get the best developments yet they end up in the friendzone...also this author is def a siscon lmao
Jun 27, 2017 9:48 AM

May 2012
Nice beach episode and that ending sure was great! Emily-chan totally kawaii :3

Looking forward to see what's next.
Jun 27, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
Beach trip and elf's editor brother shows up.
Elf's real name is Emily and she sort of proposes to Izumi :'(
Jun 28, 2017 8:29 PM
Jan 2017
O episódio foi hilario, e muito divertido de ver, Elf foi ousada demais, e me fez render boas risadas, eu gostaria de ver mais da Muramasa, já que ela conquistou o direito de ser a minha heroina favorita no anime.

O Chris parece o Legolas, kkkk olhas a Referencias Cap America.
http://br.web.img2.acsta.net/newsv7/16/08/25/18/47/087771.png
Jul 9, 2017 8:34 AM

Oct 2013
THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!

no, wait...

#bestepisode
#elf-sama is supreme
Jul 9, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
wow Elf really is too good for Masamune. Sagiri who? this whole storyline is irrelevant thanks to her
Jul 13, 2017 1:27 PM
Nov 2014
Elf is such a sore loser
Sep 12, 2017 3:34 PM
Oct 2014
I'm scared of myself, I really enjoyed this episode.
Sep 18, 2017 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, who knew the beach ep got so serious. Elf arching for best gril?!
Oct 20, 2017 9:16 AM
Jul 2017
Pretty good ep, could have been better :)

Kokoro Connect <3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

168 by NiromR »»
May 8, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.