Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Lefiya really wants to make friends with Filvis. Bete also shows a slightly more friendly (well in his way I guess) for their party.

Decent amount of action although it's more of this vicious plant monsters. Poor Asfi, I think she would of died if it wasn't for the timely save from Lefiya's party. Lefiya continues to show growth in her abilities so I guess that should deserve some recognition. However, Ais showed everyone again why she's so skilled. Also impressed by Bete this episode. Ending was kinda creepy imo.
Jun 2, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
Action packed episode that explained a few things.
But it seems things from the past are starting to haunt to present, or better said they are setting their plans in motion.
Guess Refie and Ais have some things in store for them.
Jun 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode, that was pretty nice fight. Still not a fan of Lefiya, even after all of this her character just doesn't appeal at all.
Jun 2, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
Lefiya has gotten more friendly with Filvis, despite the stuff she heard about her. There was some cool action. Lefiya has improved her magic skills. Looks like someone else survived from Level 27, but he got killed by Revis. Now she's much stronger.
Jun 2, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Oh hey its time for God and Spirit 1 week traning?
Into the Internet!
Jun 2, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

We get the Filvis's backstory, pretty brutal backstory at that.
Really liked how Lefiya encouraged Filvis, was really nice of her to tell Filvis that she was no cursed person. :)

Ais pretty much wrecked Revis after leveling up. Overall action was pretty cool and Lefiya stepped up big time this episode. Though I thought some of the close combat animation looked like fast moving still frames, felt a little weird but it was good nonetheless.

So Revis and the Evilus guy are human monster hybrids with Revis destroying Evilus and taking his orb for more power. Wonder who this woman they keep referencing is. :o

The post credit scene was really interesting. The name Aria comes from a Spirit and there's the 'Dungeon Oratoria', really looking forward to learning about that.
Jun 2, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2015
Members, I recommend you read the manga for better fights/deaths/details. You can start from Sword Oratoria chapter 24, trust me its much brutal than the anime.
Jun 2, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. A quite bit of action. Thought that Asfi would die from the way she was strangled.

Learned a bit more about Filvis in this episode. A sad past.

Jun 2, 2017 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
Not bad this episode, but it should be better. A lot of important things are missing from the story

Kinda disappointed

Jun 2, 2017 11:42 AM

Jan 2017
i loved that episode
bete at the start came across as a side character who doesnt really matter when it comes to loving or hating him.
but sword oratoria, he has come across as a bit of a legend
him fighting is so epic... like damn! that taijutsu, proper class stuff
oh and his magic shin guards.
hands down
best. magic. item.
they are so practical and convenient with the way he fights with his hands in pockets
Jun 2, 2017 11:58 AM
Mar 2015
Lefyia finally leveled up and stood her ground She is no longer dependent on others but can extend a hand to cursed Banshee

Wonder what the deal is between the Tamer and Aria. She is certainly obsessed with her. Maybe as the next chapter suggests she was jealous. The Sword Princess is not going to put up with this shit
Jun 2, 2017 12:20 PM

Sep 2015
Yay we discovered the origins of the name for this series.
Jun 2, 2017 1:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Level 59 is hidden a secret about "Aria"!!! What? this the question xD
Nice episode, nice battle and surprise when Verdis killed the guy half human half monters!!!!
Jun 2, 2017 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
Nice to see Bete in a battle. I liked how he was just using his legs, and still whooping ass.

I wonder if we'll see more Ais and Bell next week. This is right around the time she starts training him.
Jun 2, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
I would say that this episode was pretty solid overall. =)

Filvis' background in detail was brutal. They showed a small glimpse of her facial expression after she survived that nightmare incident and it did give me a shock. Still, Lefiya stood her ground and convinced her to stick with her and Bete, who also contributed to Filvis sticking with them too.

We didn't get to see too much of Ais' rematch against Revis, but the other fight was still engaging. Asfi went through hell when she got brutally attacked, but at least she was healed up from her ally.

Ais got the better of Revis and the Evilus guy, but Revis killed him and took his magic stone for herself. Her and Ais will meet again to due battle for the third time and despite what she said to Ais, I'm sure that Ais will win again. =)

I'm happy that Lefiya is able to contribute more to the fights now compared to earlier in the season. Sure, this progress won't impress everyone's opinion about her as a whole, but at least she's making positive progress in the first place. Better than nothing, after all. =P
Jun 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, those 2-3 frame looped animated fight scenes were totally amazing. /sarcasm

That feeling when a character looks like they might die but you know they won't because the original series is ahead and they're not dead yet.

Also, did they expect the reveal of the masked villain to have any kind of impact towards the viewers? Cause it was more of a 'who the fuck is that?' than any form of actual surprise.

Jun 2, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Lefiya was able to stand her ground and contribute in this episode, that's good to see. I'm really interested in learning about the Dungeon Oratoria thing along with whatever is awaiting Ais at Level 59.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 2, 2017 2:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Lefiya had too many lines this episode. God she's irritating. Even though she actually has improved her skills somewhat, there's something about her voice thats just excruciating to listen to.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 2017 3:14 PM

Apr 2013
How did that desperate fight in the novel with so many desperate attempts to keep peoples /party alive did become such a bland fight in the anime, that's a mystery. As usual, that adaptation keep amazing me but not in a good way.
ZBlastHistory said:

If you're talking about Ais training Bell, just pointing out that Ais isn't a spirit and Bell isn't a god. And no, they're not half either, since both Gods and Spirits are immortal beings that can't have children , in any way.
Hinata said:

Actually not really, since oratoria is simply a latin word meaning oratorical.
So sword oratoria and dungeon oratoria both uses simply that word as their title. It seems to have a sightly different meaning in Danmachi verse, but it's basically something along the line of "oratory about a sword/dungeon" or something along those lines.
Jun 2, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
You know what? At least Lefiya is improving skill-wise.
Jun 2, 2017 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
Damn crazy cultist leaders, fucking nutcases every single one of them.

This mystery with Aria and the woman with red hair is stretching out too much, that was a nice fight though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 2, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2016
Farabeuf said:
Lefiya had too many lines this episode. God she's irritating. Even though she actually has improved her skills somewhat, there's something about her voice thats just excruciating to listen to.

Now that you pointed it out, it looks like we have the same opinion about lefiya XD

It is indeed her voice...

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jun 2, 2017 7:27 PM

Apr 2010
If only the banshee curse was real, then Lefiya might have dropped dead.
Jun 2, 2017 8:25 PM
Nov 2012
While the anime is good and all, and this episode was enjoyable, but...

Damn the anime adaption is grinding my gears! At least for this episode I can say that they did not skip all the gore and tragedy (like they did in boss fight), but damn it, when compared to the manga *this episode skipped all the gore and tragedy*. It just had so many more scenes and events that gave the entire story a much stronger gravity and the characters so much more depth and empathy.

Lefiya is the greatest example of this. In manga she is only slightly annoying, but mostly actually a strong character. Here she ended up being nothing but an annoyance even in her *stronger* scenes! :/
Jun 2, 2017 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
There was a lot I liked about this episode but I think my biggest issue is that I just find the plant monsters to be so boring.
Jun 2, 2017 8:42 PM

Jan 2017
Bete, super cool character. can be seen as Ban from the seven deadly sins and with power of Sanji from one piece.
Preview, training and jealousy. Training represent Bell? Jealousy represent Lefiya? high expectation for the next episode

overall this ep is good, with a glimpse of Aria, I didn't know that she was a part of hero fairytale story, probably played major role in the past. Bell and Haruhime must had read or at least know the story.
Jun 2, 2017 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
So that was rather intense but I feel like it could have been more...like gritty or something I saw a few comments in this thread talking about reading the manga to see how brutal it gets. As much as my curiosity is piqued on that, I hardly even feel remotely interested enough in the series (both this and the original DanMachi) to even care about the source. Like you ever feel curious about certain elements in a story but you don't want to bother dealing with the entire series? That's literally how I feel about DanMachi. But anywho...yeah. Also, J.C. Staff... what was up with that cheap ass animation? Like you guys went all out for god awful Taboo Tattoo but like 4 frames a second for the fights in this? Meh budgeting...sad.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 3, 2017 12:42 AM

Apr 2016
Farabeuf said:

Yep!
Her voice is a curse to death. It should be registered as lethal weapon 666 level or something. Monster should die in agony just hearing her voice.

"Funny thing" the voice actress did Aoi from Shirobako and I don't remember me thinking the later one should disappear from the screen. So it's really her "performance" here which is on "another level".
Jun 3, 2017 4:14 AM

Sep 2015
Zefyris said:
How did that desperate fight in the novel with so many desperate attempts to keep peoples /party alive did become such a bland fight in the anime, that's a mystery. As usual, that adaptation keep amazing me but not in a good way.
ZBlastHistory said:

If you're talking about Ais training Bell, just pointing out that Ais isn't a spirit and Bell isn't a god. And no, they're not half either, since both Gods and Spirits are immortal beings that can't have children , in any way.
Hinata said:

So sword oratoria and dungeon oratoria both uses simply that word as their title. It seems to have a sightly different meaning in Danmachi verse, but it's basically something along the line of "oratory about a sword/dungeon" or something along those lines.

99% adaptation are just for promo now they don't care anything else

Bell close enough for me heck with that broken skill no idea with Ais
Into the Internet!
Jun 3, 2017 4:35 AM
Dec 2016
Finally an episode with action and good conversations :D loved it
Jun 3, 2017 5:10 AM

Apr 2013
ZBlastHistory said:
Zefyris said:

How is he close enough? he's a normal human, and OP skill or not, at that moment of the story he's still level 1, meaning any level 2+ kicks his ass like nothing. LEfiya swings her staff and it's enough for him being sent flying across the room.
Jun 3, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2012
Very good episode

I personally enjoying this show more than the original one
Jun 3, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2015
Zefyris said:
ZBlastHistory said:

How is he close enough? he's a normal human, and OP skill or not, at that moment of the story he's still level 1, meaning any level 2+ kicks his ass like nothing. LEfiya swings her staff and it's enough for him being sent flying across the room.

Zeus maybe teach something usefull to Bell otherwise why Zeus want to adop Bell

Remind me of someone learn to become Tengu
Into the Internet!
Jun 3, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
ZBlastHistory said:
Zefyris said:

Zeus maybe teach something usefull to Bell otherwise why Zeus want to adop Bell

Remind me of someone learn to become Tengu

Not necessarily. Bell is probably the child of a (or two) high level adventurer(s) who was once part of Zeus guild. Would guess that his parents got killed during the fight against the black dragon around 15 years ago right after Bell was born.
That kind of lore is a bit left aside in the anime that rush everything, but that would be the most logical reason for Zeus to adopt him. I mean technically if Bell was the child of 2 peoples from Zeus' familia, then Bell is his (grand) child, more or less, since gods usually consider their familia as their child.
Jun 3, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2013
The moments of Lefiya and Filvis together was cute.
Jun 3, 2017 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
I never thought I'd be pissed with this adaptation, but this episode has me so triggered, even I can't believe it.

I had an inkling after the last episode when they only showed a token group of the Hermes familia, but the way they adapted this episode, with an extremely bland battle to replace the epic heart wrenching, desperate-to-hold-on-just-to-survive battle from the novel rubs me the wrong way horribly...... What happened to all the sacrifice? All the tension? Simply put, the battle was complete shit compared to what it should have been. I friggin' hate it.

And whats with that crap with the "Oh I'm gonna become better than you, so come down to Level 59 and meet me" bullshit? So out of character and so poorly presented.

One of the worst Danmachi episodes to date. As a fan, I'm pissed off.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 3, 2017 4:40 PM

Mar 2009
Dat Revis tongue tho.

Who was that evil guy talking about? Her, She, Goddess, etc. Who is it?
Jun 3, 2017 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
I liked it better when Lefiya was coughing up blood from being tossed into a pile of trash where she belongs vendor cart. I would've even settled for a nice slap to Lefiya's mouth elf first before they made up. I'm about 8 minutes into this episode and pretty much what I said about Lefiya in the "Lefiya opinions" thread came true. There's gotta be a way to bring character development into a new or old character without the same ol' flashback-with0boring-speech-about-friends-and-never-give-up we been getting force fed these last few years.

L-Ryoshi said:
I never thought I'd be pissed with this adaptation, but this episode has me so triggered, even I can't believe it.

I had an inkling after the last episode when they only showed a token group of the Hermes familia, but the way they adapted this episode, with an extremely bland battle to replace the epic heart wrenching, desperate-to-hold-on-just-to-survive battle from the novel rubs me the wrong way horribly...... What happened to all the sacrifice? All the tension? Simply put, the battle was complete shit compared to what it should have been. I friggin' hate it.

And whats with that crap with the "Oh I'm gonna become better than you, so come down to Level 59 and meet me" bullshit? So out of character and so poorly presented.

One of the worst Danmachi episodes to date. As a fan, I'm pissed off.

You know they gotta saturate the cuteness. Can't have too much tension.
QWERTYFish25Jun 3, 2017 5:38 PM
Jun 3, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2015
I would have loved if Banshee herself took the life of that scum instead of the Main villain for this show... nonetheless the bastar that caused the massacred and Filvis suffering is gone for god.
Jun 3, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
My god what is it with these shitty crackly ass sound effects? Like 5 anime in the last year has the same boom effect as Heavy Object.
Jun 3, 2017 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty interesting fight. Ais sure had to deal with some interesting stuff while Bell's story was going on.
Jun 3, 2017 11:42 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode overall but all the reveals felt predictable and sloppy in regards to the story's progression. I'm hopeful that things will be explained better in the final few episodes and I'm sure it will end as a tease for season 2 of DanMachi
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 2:01 AM

Apr 2013
Roy_Focker said:
I would have loved if Banshee herself took the life of that scum instead of the Main villain for this show... nonetheless the bastar that caused the massacred and Filvis suffering is gone for god.

She's level 3, that Vandetta guy overpowered a level 4 (Asufi). Kind of not happening.
Jun 4, 2017 2:05 AM

May 2015
Zefyris said:
Roy_Focker said:

She's level 3, that Vandetta guy overpowered a level 4 (Asufi). Kind of not happening.
I know the levels... sometime when you want justice... especially served cold to a scumbag/sleaze-ball like that m%therf*cker logic doesn’t matter to me…
Jun 4, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was pretty action packed. I enjoyed it, I guess next week will be the Ais and Bell training, looking forward to seeing Ais's side of that lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 4, 2017 5:08 PM

May 2015
Quite the crazy episode with a lot of action this time.

Jun 4, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
An awesome episode especially the OST!
Revis is now having a hard time dealing with Ais since she already ranked-up!
Villain Vendetta(Act Olivas) is just another fodder!
Lefiya is being useful this time!
Combo of Bete & Lefiya was great!
I think Filvis would open-up to party again because Lefiya insist! And she doesn't believe in curses.
5/5.

Jun 5, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
Am i the only one who thinks this spinoff is more enjoyable than the first season?
Jun 5, 2017 2:49 AM

Jun 2011
Ok this adaptation has just hit trash level and I will no longer expect anything from it at all. I will just keep watching to see it pass the manga.

People who apparently enjoy this show more than the first season I really think you should rewatch the 8th episode of last season and this episode 8 and then say to yourself that this series even holds a candle to the first.

Episode 8 was the Minotaur fight you know that episode with the excellent fight choreography and animation, with Bell having his first real "adventure". Sure though this episode 8 holds up so much better right? You know with the stripped down arc that was turned incredibly dull and Bete's 3 frame flip book kicking sequence.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 6, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Lefiya always contributes to the development of the series.

It was great to see that she was able to be friends with Flivis ><

The 59th floor contains secrets about the "Aria"' and possibly about that 'knight' of the dreams of Ais.

The biggest question so far is who Tamer is; And how she knows about the past of Ais ;-;
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.