Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2009 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
I'm currently on chapter 115 on the manga and just finished the anime as well. However awesome the adaptation was, it is nothing compared to the original work. All of these whiners will know what best for them if they read it too :P.
Jun 27, 2009 1:11 AM
Apr 2009
That was just the worst time to end it. WTF.

Oh well, I've read the first chapter and the first two pages shows Guts being more GAR than in this whole anime.
Jun 28, 2009 5:06 PM

Oct 2008
If there is one thing that makes me time and time again question why i watch anime, it is just how common of a practice it is to either leave a series without an ending or have a really poor ending. It is because people put up with it that it keeps on happening.

That was not an ending. They didn't even show how Guts escaped. It was a good episode before the last, but leaves people questioning whether they missed an episode.

An extremely good series with an extremely bad ending drops this from a 9 or a 10 to barely holding an 8.
Jun 28, 2009 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
My recap on the series "Damn.That.Asshole!"

I am glad I read a bit of the manga before i started the series so I could see how much the would divert from it. The truly sad part is there is no more and considering 98 was the final airing date I guess we won't be seeing it anytime soon if ever (; _ ;)

I will definitely be reading the manga. I never expected the series to end this way. Damn Griffith he needs to be pummeled into oblivion...
Jun 29, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
>That was not an ending. They didn't even show how Guts escaped.

But seeing Skull Knight would raise lots of new questions as Who was that? What's his story? Why would he help Guts?
It was the best way to end it. We see Guts leaving for his next journey, this is already the beginning of a new story.
We witnessed how it all started, the friendship, the bond. We witnessed the development of the relationship, growth of the Band. And we witnessed the end of it all.
As for the question What happened next and how, we don't really need it. We know what Guts is after and what's the reason. That's enough.
Jul 5, 2009 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
I loved this anime but at 22/23 i KNEW i was in for a "o wtf...its ended here!?" moment.

I knew where the whole thing was going from the start since i've spoken to others about the manga but the ending really was a kick in the teeth. Shame really since character development was amazing - i really got to understand their motivation and at the start i didn't like Guts but by the end i understand him well.

Shame they couldn't have put a bit more of the manga in since i now feel i need to read the Manga to get closure. I was going to already anyway but now i know i need to read over 10 volumes until I get to the end of the anime and even then i'll be depressed!
Jul 21, 2009 12:53 AM
Jul 2009
OK OKa what the h3ll just happened why the h3ll did griffith do that shit to him what did guts do to him well what a wicked ending was kinda a wierd last ep
Aug 3, 2009 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
Good overall all, but a shame they didnt continue the anime with another season to finish it off, seeing this ill read the manga from the start.
Aug 4, 2009 2:17 AM

Jan 2009
-
Aug 5, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Overall a decent series but it was definitely lacking in a lot of areas: 7.5/10

Pros: Good story, good lead character, tons of action and different to most anime I've seen.
Cons: Slow paced for a short anime, poor animation, poor sound and an awful ending (although I understand it was scheduled for 50 eps and got cut short)
Aug 20, 2009 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
What the fack? That was it? Oh well epic anime anyways. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sep 1, 2009 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
If the manga didn't exist, I would have broken my tv. I love the anime, but they end it at one of the worst spots.
Sep 4, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
Just finished this Anime. Good Anime up to about Episode 23, then all of a sudden demons and what not? WTF was that all about? I am sure the manga goes into better detail but holy crap the director for the Anime either went mental, got fired or thought he had 4 more seasons coming to him.

Over all good characters, nice design. freaking awful opening theme, yet strangely I have to listen to it. I give it a 6. At the end of the day it's all about advancing the story, not driving it to crazy town.
Sep 6, 2009 10:15 PM
Mar 2008
I loved this anime! Amazing story. Also loved the opening theme. It's true that I'm left with a lot of questions, but the first episode which didn't make sense to me up till the very end has some answers (not all of course). The demons might seem random but they actually weren't, it was already foretold that this day would come.
I secretly hope they will continue the series one day, but fear the worst. So I think I will read the manga.
One of the best anime I've seen!
Oct 10, 2009 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
kibotu said:
just because you like animes doesnt mean you like mangas. that's the truth for me at least. anyway i loved the whole series. i loved the character development of the romantic of a berserk. no thinking but fighting and not to care for any pain. however 3 more minutes to see how things turned out wouldn't be a too bad idea because i hate unfinished things ;(

I do not really like mangas too, BUT this anime's ending is just GREAT and I'd say even more: it couldn't be better! Authors made an excellent work cutting off a piece from manga and making self-contained story with good main idea (I don't know if it's the same in manga). I'm not sayng I've understood authors' idea correctly and that's an axiom, but for me it is so... and so no matter what happened next, 'cause main idea revealed in the last episode in a brilliant way.
Oct 13, 2009 6:19 PM

Oct 2009
just watched it.

RAGE.
Dec 2, 2009 12:23 PM
Jun 2008
I just finished watching the series Berserk, but at the end of the series i was stunt. I didn't get it. How did Guts escape from that living hell?; did Caska died? What the hell ending is that .... i didn't get any of that....
Dec 2, 2009 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
Read the manga. It's far, far better and it explains everything you're asking.
Dec 2, 2009 12:46 PM

Jun 2008
No Caska didn't die, she just

(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 2, 2009 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
the anime animated volume 4-14..
so read the manga from the beginning

http://manga.bleachexile.com/berserk.html

its superb
Dec 2, 2009 1:41 PM

Apr 2008
Manga is so much better... hoping they will eventually redo the anime
Music & Anime > Everything Else
Dec 2, 2009 2:50 PM

Mar 2007
Merged the Berserk question thread with this one, as the questions were about the end of Berserk anyway.

Threads merged
Dec 9, 2009 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
Unibomber189 said:
Manga is so much better... hoping they will eventually redo the anime
In the latest manga chapter (300.. 300 something) it was revealed that any current talks about a new anime season for Berserk have been scrapped.
Dec 14, 2009 4:35 AM
Nov 2009
that uh...thats it....its over just like that......ok then....
Well the whole show just leads you up to that one point in the show of how he lost his arm and the biggest sword he has, and then you dont get to see him be the biggest badass he can be....
I dont know if i was the only one that grew attached to the characters as the show progressed and the last episode just made me wanna cry out for them..
Jan 21, 2010 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
Poor animation? You like Bleach the animation is that is much worse.

The series is a masterpiece despite the abrupt ending. You simply don't get better than this.
Jan 24, 2010 6:45 PM
Jul 2009
It's funny how people are complaining that they got turned off with the last 2-3 episodes saying that the series was turned upside down with all the supernatural going on. I mean, it was OBVIOUS that this series was going to have demons and supernatural elements in it just by watching the FIRST episode. >_>

Anyway, great series! Really one of the best. Now I wonder how much I should give it? 9, maybe 10? ^_^
Feb 3, 2010 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
I liked the anime, but the end was too...weird. Anyway, I was convinced to read the manga and I think it will have a higher mark on my list(compared to 7/10(but I was thinking more at 6/10) which I gave to the anime).

Feb 4, 2010 8:20 PM

Apr 2009
Just finished this... the last two episodes pretty much ruined the entire series. No resolution is provided to any aspect of this show. On the bright side though that giant demon girl or whatever was hot :/
Feb 11, 2010 3:18 AM

Feb 2010
walla said:
Just finished this... the last two episodes pretty much ruined the entire series. No resolution is provided to any aspect of this show. On the bright side though that giant demon girl or whatever was hot :/

I don't get why everyone sais it ruined the series. I love the ending.. It's so fucked-up that you just sit there with your eyes and mouth wide open and read " the end". Not every series needs a 0815 ending where the good guys win or everything is happy hippo.

My opinion
Feb 15, 2010 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
well, the ending was FLAWLESS. please don't be so simple-minded to say 'the ending ruins the series 'cause i couldnt get what i want'... last scene made us all stupid right? thats the point!

i've red all comments so:
- felt sorry for Casca, i loved her:((
- story about escaping Guts from that hell is reasonable and enough explanation for me

but may i ask... Grifitth didn't die right? the monster in the first episode wasn't him? we just know Guts went on a journey to kill him and thats all?
Feb 16, 2010 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
What a brainstorm.
Feb 20, 2010 9:21 PM

Feb 2010
I had high hopes for this anime but I am greatly dissapointed.

Interesting story, but incredibly slow paced which made it fucking boring. I literally skipped scenes from episode 20 and on just trying to force myself to finish it since I had already gotten that far.

There were some good points in some action scenes but it was overall just meh.

I didn't really like any of the characters either 'cept for Guts. Boring. 6/10.

Hopefully the manga isn't as shitty.
Feb 20, 2010 11:53 PM
Jan 2009
Manga time. Gave the anime a 10. I actually saw scenes from the last eps in an AMV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKrHMlsOpg8 - which had me interested in the anime. I really liked the anime tbh, the whole story and the characters - and the character designs as well. Loved the action and character development. The ending - little disappointment but still loved it - the demons eating everyone was pretty sick. I've been getting tired of the more recent anime that's been coming out and I've enjoyed this so much more than other anime I've been watching that are currently airing. Overall yeah - just gotta read the manga and continue the story. Btw, anyone else find Judeau awesome? Was pretty glad that he died with Casca, other than by getting eaten by those demons. Anyway, yeah.. awesome anime, def one of my faves now. Time to read the manga.
Mar 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
Damn.....Is All I Could Say About This Ending....Good Series tho 10/10 Now Off To Read The manga For It
Mar 30, 2010 6:30 AM
Aug 2007
will their be any more in the future? One of the things i loved about the anime is that is was great dubbed.
The story automatically gets better if the dubbing part is realistic,and the voices suite them.
Apr 3, 2010 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
Ok wtf, that was some serious mindfuck.. I just rewatched episode 1, so it makes a little more sense I guess. *Off to read manga spoilers*

This anime up until the 23rd episode (as soon as the entered the demon world) was a masterpiece, after that I didnt like the whole supernatural aspect of this show. Although we knew it had a supernatural element to it from the very beginning, the last two episodes still felt akward to me. Its like they weren't meant to be there at all and they were just forced in to follow more of the manga's storyline. The anime should have ended after they rescued Griffith and be left with a to be continued or something at least it would have seemed like some sort of ending.

But overall this was a very enjoying series, and one that I defintely enjoyed =). Guts' character development, the whole rise in the Band of the Hawks, Griffiths character prior to Guts leaving the band of the hawks, etc etc was awesome. All the action scenes and fights along with the BGM was done very well for an anime as old as this one.

Overall 9/10 from me.

Mod Edit: Removed untagged Claymore spoiler.
LunaMar 14, 2015 1:19 AM
Apr 17, 2010 1:14 PM
Apr 2008
I totally hated that ending, the last 3 episodes were just too confusing, it does not explain anything, they could have done at least 2 or 3 ovas explaining how the hell guts escaped hell, and what happened to the characters.

i'm not into mangas so i will never know how it happened ( i read all this topic including the spoilers but they doesn't explain much)
dropping the score from 10 to 7 because of this bad ending!
Apr 20, 2010 8:05 AM

Sep 2009
isobel said:
but may i ask... Grifitth didn't die right? the monster in the first episode wasn't him? we just know Guts went on a journey to kill him and thats all?

But seriously, read the manga. This can't be emphasized enough.
Apr 22, 2010 8:46 PM
Apr 23, 2010 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
Neiru2012 said:

But seriously, read the manga. This can't be emphasized enough.

thank you very much^^
where is Casca now then? i only know she's gone insane
May 22, 2010 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
Amazing anime I must say. While I am disappointed in the ending, it was still over good. And the ending, despite not answering anything is quite powerful.Been awhile since I have come across a series as good as this. 9/10

Time for the manga...xD
May 23, 2010 1:21 AM

May 2010
This is way to awesome people. Definitely recommended. Too bad it is toooooo short, I want MORE of this anime, but theres nothing i can do about it. Guess i'm gonna go read the manga so i wont go berserk :))
Jun 8, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
I really hated the ending. Demigod Griffith trying to gain his own empire is not nearly as epic as human Griffith..
Jun 9, 2010 8:43 PM

Dec 2009
AWESOME
LOVE the blood
great twist
obviously they aint gonna give u an ending. u only see proper endings in manga so go read it :p
Jun 20, 2010 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
Aaaargh, the fact that there's no more of animated Berserk drives me literally... berserk! The whole series has a pretty slow-paced development but when the most interesting plots surface, the series... ends. This is way too unfair! How is it that nobody really took a chance of making another season of this anime after all those years?!
Meh, guess it's time to check out the manga, but... Considering the fact it has been coming out for 20 years (sic!), this sounds like a long journey...
失われた翼を探して
Jul 8, 2010 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
I'll probably never forget the sight of Guts being held down with a claw crushing his eye screaming in agony while he watches Casca being raped. It made me cringe, it made me shake my head, and even though I understood Griffith's reasoning in all this it made hate him. I understood the series title in that one scene.

9/10, the ending is far from closure but I can't help but consider it one of the better and more memorable open endings I've seen. I don't think they could have chosen a better way than that to end it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2010 6:31 AM
Nov 2009
the fuck just happend?
Jul 20, 2010 7:06 PM

Jan 2010
Lord_Summoner said:
someone revive this anime once again, I want to see Girffith dead!
Quoted for truth.
Aug 17, 2010 6:39 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome series. To bad we don't see many of this nowadays.

The end is more just a new beginning. I would love to see an ova (or even a movie like the end of evangelion) to fill the holes.

\edit

going to read about the manga seems there's a lot to explore. :)
MeadosAug 17, 2010 6:45 PM
Aug 23, 2010 8:46 AM

Mar 2008
If your reading the manga after watching the anime read from the beginning, a lot of important things and characters left out of the anime.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

82 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

87 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.