Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2017 10:01 AM
Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man that was good detective story with sad resolution in the end, I felt this monster atmosphere throught all episodes-it added some excitemwnt to this anime. Many people had died in vain, gold now belong to government and dead people can't return .... As a result it was worth watching!
Dec 31, 2017 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
IMO yet another underrated anime, this 25 episode show has more potential than it's scores show for users.

Like above user said, I also felt Monster anime type feeling in episodes. Ending was quite nice and thrilling.
GaichiDec 31, 2017 4:34 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 31, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
The old cop?! REALLY!!! Never saw that one coming.

This gets a solid 8/10 for me. Good stuff here. But poor Miyuki is now alone. Is it just an anime trope that suicide is the answer to when you get caught?
Sep 10, 2019 9:16 AM

Jan 2014
An Underrated Gem!
Sep 12, 2019 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
Man what a great ride. While I wish there was a bit more clarity to the ending, I respect the lack of it. There's just one thing I can't shake, was it implied that Sanae is Miyuki's real mother? Or is this something I'm just reading too much into?

Sorry for tagging everyone, I'm just desperate to talk about this show since it's so overlooked.
Apr 9, 2020 4:03 PM
Dec 2019
Plotwise it's a classic detective story/mystery. Emotionally it leaves me feeling empty and I feel like they could've done better with the characters and drama. Then again I'm not a big fan of the atoning for past sins by killing yourself/behaving recklessly trope. George didn't go through much development. He simply got his revenge. It's also quite puzzling why he doesn't use a gun the whole time in these life or death situations.

Music and atmosphere are pretty good though. The final showdown in the snow covered forest was great.
Oct 4, 2020 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
In the end George directly kills no one (unless my memory is completely shot lol). It is definitely an anime thing to try to paint some of these character's behavior as sympathetic because it was for 'their town.' But, Kimujuku is basically a character itself, pushing these people to do these things. Not really for its benefit though, it's almost like it put a curse on everyone of importance that lived there.

Some pretty bad animation ruined some of the more important action scenes and there was some absurdities here and there, but overall I enjoyed the anime. I thought it was an engrossing mystery story with a cast of characters that really grew on me even if most of them are not likable at all. I agree with the post above mine though, there aren't really any strong emotions in this ending. Perhaps it's fitting that it seems to sort of fizzle out as people die one by one, but the 'twists' take the tension away by putting the spotlight on characters that otherwise had such small roles in the story. Is George satisfied with how everything turned out? He doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be, even after all of that, but I for one certainly expected a little more from this ending. But hey, it was a fun ride and they managed to wrap everything up (in a fitting way perhaps, that town is so crazy nothing should surprise me).
syncrogazerOct 4, 2020 7:33 PM
Oct 4, 2022 1:22 PM

Aug 2012
Truly incredible final episode, the whole mood throughout this finale was great.
Aug 28, 2023 4:25 PM

Sep 2020
So it was the cop afterall. I predicted it was either him or the Tonbo guy was the sniper of the Fukajiro since it was obviously an older man, but him being the 2nd guard on the train was a nice surprise.

He obviously knew the gold was in the swamp, he should've gotten some diving gear and snuck out at nights to steal some of the gold over time.

I was hoping Miyuki and Raccoon would've left with George since they both have nothing much to stay for. Pretty tragic for everyone involved.

Overall, the show wasn't bad, though a little long in the tooth. I think it could've been cut it half to make it tighter.

7.5 crime doesn't pay /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Sep 6, 2023 10:19 AM

Dec 2022
This anime does pretty well in the mystery department. The characters mostly consisting of unpredictable wackjobs made it difficult to get attached to their circumstances though, especially when many of them consciously made their situation worse for the sake of drama. The animation also let it down considerably, even when it tried to look artistic through colour filters or imposition of characters onto a static background. The last episode looked great, but that was probably where most of the budget went.

Worth watching if you want to see a complex mystery with a nice soundtrack, but that's the only niche I noticed for it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze no Youjinbou Episode 20 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Jan 14, 2015

4 by HidingHere »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:34 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Youjinbou Episode 24 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Mar 31, 2019

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kaze no Youjinbou Episode 23 Discussion

SenChen - Feb 23, 2017

3 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Kaze no Youjinbou Episode 22 Discussion

SenChen - Feb 23, 2017

4 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Kaze no Youjinbou Episode 19 Discussion

SenChen - Feb 22, 2017

4 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.