Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2017 11:46 PM

Apr 2016
So I really want to know if the movie has a happy romantic closure :D so please if you've watched it I'd like to know with not much spoilers :)
Feb 19, 2017 3:29 AM
Dec 2009
Yes and no, depends on who you start "shipping" while watching :)
Overall the movie is about friendship and communication more than romance.
Mar 31, 2017 3:55 PM
Dec 2016
I loved that ending. It was a realistic and happy ending. But it also somewhat depends on your ship.
Apr 29, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2013
Great end, very interesting for a romance to sink their male and female main ship 9/10 for that

I thought TakumixJun was rather shallow from the start and Nitou made me ship her with Takumi
May 22, 2017 9:34 AM

Dec 2016
fuck the end of this movie it's make my day suck !
May 24, 2017 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
IwalidarmeI said:

You're right man. Fuck this ending . I was all hyped up for the Naruse x Sakagami but the end destroyed all my hopes and my day.
But tbh how can heroine be in a relationship with a FUCKING supporting character!!? This shit is NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!
champagnepapiMay 24, 2017 10:50 AM
you mfers need some Jesus in your life
Jun 8, 2017 4:51 AM

Mar 2012
Lol, the anime is good because of this ending.
Jun 28, 2017 3:23 AM

Jan 2016
I liked the shipping but I sort of don't like the shipping at the same time. Just weird to see those pairings at the very end since Jun is still so shy and quiet, felt that she had more in common with Takumi over Tasaki.
Jul 10, 2017 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
The start was good, the relationship was developed nicely and the two main leads were developed nicely.

But the pairing at the end was so random and shitty. As bad as Erased pairing ending and almost as bad as Aldnoah Zero.
Left a bad taste in my mouth like I just watched an NTR.

Its basically "I love Emilia" scene out of nowhere
Jul 12, 2017 11:19 AM
Jun 2016
IwalidarmeI said:
yeah very bad ending i hate movies because sad ending like this
It will be better if he end with naruse but not only he refuse her ,takumi love her wth! I just saying to naruse (reject takumi and end with sakagami)damn this ending
Jul 15, 2017 1:47 AM

Sep 2014
I actually like the ending ships. It's nice to see that development between two leads won't always lead to their romance which you often see in movies. +1
Jul 21, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2015
I love the ending romance, it's refreshing in movies to see main lead don't always end up with main lead. Since every time I watched a movie, all I can think about was "yeah yeah, they'll end up together somehow", but this was refreshingly different.

We can even see some hints building up throughout the movie on how Tasaki like Naruse because she changed his life. She made him able to see carefully about his surroundings and even made up with his juniors thanks to her. He was also the one who made Sakagami catch up to Naruse because he almost gave up on her.

It also made sense that Sakagami turned Naruse down because he did said in the middle of the movie that he liked being with Nittou. All in all, it turned out to be somewhat a happy romance ending as Nittou also always loved Sakagami.
Jul 21, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2017
The ending isn't that bad but just like what most people who seen this move thought Naruse and Sakagami were gonna end up together but no that's not how it ends.
Aug 16, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2016
IwalidarmeI said:

u r right... what a fucking end , even when u see the picture of anime u will say sakagami will be with naruse , it really destroyed my day and what i hoped , shit endind
Aug 18, 2017 8:06 AM

Aug 2017
Code_Lies said:

Lol.. i like how Rem* and Jun have the same voice actress and she gets ditched in this story too.
XaiKunAug 18, 2017 8:32 AM
Aug 18, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2015
xsainath said:
Code_Lies said:

Lol.. i like how Ram and Jun have the same voice actress and she gets ditched in this story too.
well, love wasn't even in the air for the main characters in this movie. No use trying to add forced romance in it
Nov 16, 2017 10:47 AM
Oct 2016
Code_Lies said:
The start was good, the relationship was developed nicely and the two main leads were developed nicely.

But the pairing at the end was so random and shitty. As bad as Erased pairing ending and almost as bad as Aldnoah Zero.

So much revealed in one comment
Nov 19, 2017 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
Are you sure you guys have watched the movie right? I mean, the scene where he showed why he wasn't in love with Naruse was more than enough for me. You're mistaking between helping a friend and falling in love with one. Helping and getting close with someone does not necessarily mean love. Takumi experienced the same thing as Naruse, which is why he got interested in her and tried to help her overcome her problems. That's it. NO LOVE IN THERE AT ALL. Now the supporting girl was great in my opinion.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 10, 2017 9:16 PM
Oct 2012
Great ending. In my head, I keep telling myself that I don't care which one he goes for, but I'm glad he ended with the other girl.
Dec 12, 2017 9:05 AM
Aug 2014
Definitly a suprise, a pleasant one at that.

Being written by Mari Okada I pretty much exptected the two main leads ending up together and giving some love to the side characters, which were great btw, is a nice way to write a more unique ending that will probably make me remember the movie.
Jan 11, 2018 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
I know this is stupidly late but AHAHAHAHAHAHA. If by "happy" you mean makes you want to bang your head against a wall until you suffer brain damage and hopefully forget the last 40 minutes of this, then it's the "happiest" ending in existence.
It's been almost a year now and I become "happy" every time I remember this movie. It also makes me want to curb stomp whoever the fuck wrote this story.
Jan 23, 2018 10:28 PM
Jan 2013
DarkingDawning said:

It also made sense that Sakagami turned Naruse down because he did said in the middle of the movie that he liked being with Nittou.

I liked the fact that Naruse ripped into Sakagami for leading her on during her rant.

There is no girl out there in that situation who wouldn't think that he liked her more than just a friend with all the signals he (subconsciously) put out there.

DarkingDawning said:
All in all, it turned out to be somewhat a happy romance ending as Nittou also always loved Sakagami.

Now this pissed me off because Nittou denied dating him in front of everybody, like Peter did to Jesus, which is the real betrayal of the movie.
jfabritzJan 23, 2018 10:31 PM
Feb 11, 2018 12:33 AM
Apr 2017
I HATE THE ENDING SHE DOESNT END UP WITH THE HOT DUDE HE REJECTS HER‼️‼️‼️‼️
Mar 2, 2018 9:20 PM
Jun 2009
Just watched this yesterday and it seems to be a nice ending for me. Although i did like the main characters to pair with each other, the actual story ending seems much more real.
Mar 5, 2018 2:11 PM

Nov 2017
i liked the ending so as the pairings
May 10, 2018 2:36 AM

Apr 2017
this is shit af...

wasting my time thats very disrespectful

still life: pink roses
Oct 16, 2018 2:21 AM
Aug 2018
What's with that ending? I couldn't stop laughing. Hahaha , its so funny. Really, I thought it was going to be jun x sakagami, what a surprise. And I really love this ending.

Why didn't onodera have this type of ending? Fuck.
My Candies:
Bonus candy:
Oct 30, 2018 3:24 PM
Oct 2018
Ok so I will give my two cents here..

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK TAKUMI? FUCK YOU AND FUCK NITOU AND FUCK EVERYTHING.
How could you reject Naruse Jun? She was the perfect waifu one could ever dream of. Her shyness, her cute awkwardness, her singing, her empathatic personality, her EVERYTHING was nothing but PERFECT

But you slimy sonovabitch had to go with that ball-less ex of yours who didnt even say anything to you until she got jealous of Naruse and how goddamn perfect she was.

I fucking hate takumi. All the time he was blabbering about how much he relates with Jun and this is what he pulls out in the end? You know what? Im fuckinng glad you get to be with Nitou bitch. Jun deserves a much better guy than you. Fuck you and nitou.

-------
Ok so I really wanted to get this out of me. The ending really did get to me. But to be very honest, I dont dislike the ending. The ending was a much more realostic approach then what I and some others were expecting. It was refreshing as well considering how most anime stick to the same bs plot ("main guy gets main girl - the end")
So yeah, i wouldnt say I disliked the ending. I just feel sad for Jun. And that kinda shows how fucking brilliant this movie was. It made me feel for a fictional character so much so that Im legit depressed rn (seriously fuck you takumi)

Ive always had a love-hate relationship with Mari Okada. Somehow she always seem to write a piece that makes me so engrossed in the characters and then she finds a way to brutally destroy me too. I felt the same way while watching Toradora and NagiAsu (but atleast the main characters got together in the end)

Tl:dr I fucking hate everything about the ending. But i also love it. Also fuck takumi.
Mar 11, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Code_Lies said:

They love them before this story wtf are you saying about NTR ?
This ending is the best thing of the movie.

Major_Gilbert said:
Are you sure you guys have watched the movie right? I mean, the scene where he showed why he wasn't in love with Naruse was more than enough for me. You're mistaking between helping a friend and falling in love with one. Helping and getting close with someone does not necessarily mean love. Takumi experienced the same thing as Naruse, which is why he got interested in her and tried to help her overcome her problems. That's it. NO LOVE IN THERE AT ALL. Now the supporting girl was great in my opinion.

Thanks. Wow people never had friend or what ?
May 12, 2019 2:54 AM
May 2017
As the comments have become increasingly spoiler free, I will also say my opinion on the ending: You can't focus two hours of movie on the Jun/takumi couple and then destroy their ship so senselessly. To me it seems like a deliberately forced end to leave a sense of bitterness in the viewer's mouth. All of a sudden, with two poor flashbacks of takumi and Nito's past they think they can justify the whole evolution of the plot from then on. The movie is very nice but the ending was so disappointing that I had to change my vote from 8 to 7.
Sep 16, 2019 4:04 PM
Apr 2013
SPOILER

Let's be honest: Nitou was his girlfriend in the past but she left him when he had problems and fell into depression. Jun und Takumi helped each other to solve their problems and after everything becomes better Nitou suddenly wants him back, he agrees and rejects Jun.
Does that really sound like a good choice for anyone? Do you really want to be together with someone who lets you down in hard times and only wants to be together with you when you feel well?

That being said it's just bullshit to watch 2 hours of character development and in the end, everything is thrown away for the sake of being somehow different.
advocatusSep 16, 2019 4:17 PM
Oct 3, 2019 2:29 PM

May 2014
It's a sad ending imo.

I think I like the movie overall, but the ending undercuts it from being something great.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Mar 23, 2020 6:35 PM

Aug 2017
Haldeyr said:
So I really want to know if the movie has a happy romantic closure :D so please if you've watched it I'd like to know with not much spoilers :)

NOPE twist ending.
Apr 25, 2020 4:59 PM

Jan 2012
Not what I had hope. Really prefer the generic ending route as this sort of pairing is forced badly

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jul 5, 2020 2:58 AM
Dec 2019
okh .everything was good till that baseball suddenly proposed..if jun had accepted that proposal then anime is shit..
Jul 8, 2020 8:33 PM

Apr 2020
What the hell was that? In like 10 minutes my rating went from a 10 to 7, nearly 6. What a nonsense ending. Loved the drama, how they built and developed the main couple, but damn, I feel I got stabbed in the back. And the final proposal by the stubborn guy... awful ending.

I thought I was going to sleep well with a smile on my face this night... not tonight...not tonight.
P-edroJul 8, 2020 8:37 PM
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Jul 14, 2020 8:26 PM
May 2020
Have you ever heard about "Garbage Ending"? if not, then watch "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda" to know.
Dec 8, 2020 8:24 AM
Jan 2020
I really didn't like the ending. I was all for naruse x sakagami but the creators were like "nah we don't do that here". I mean wasn't it obvious to ship them also we didn't get to see much chemistry or moments of niko and sakagami. Sakagami and naruse changed or influenced each other's life it jst made me ship them harder. Again this is just my opinion.
Dec 13, 2020 7:41 PM
Mar 2018
the show is very realistic with its approaches and unique as well. despite a clique set up of a princess and a prince, it spins a tale that doesn't follow the immediate happy ending you expect. like when narase doesnt show up the play, everyone calls her out for being selfish just because of a love issue. and that's true and what people will do in real life. they aren't always nice and just because you're the main character, it's not okay. they actually call her out for ditching and potentially ruining the play.

it's very good in that aspect making the starting trope irrevlevant and onto its own path where you're watching the story unfold. the ending though. WTF. i understand takami rejecting narase for his previous girlfriend. thats okay i guess. BUT WHO THE FUCK?! WHO TEH FUCK IS RANDOM KID WHO PROBALY NEVER EVEN HAD A CONVERSATION WITH NARASE THE WHOLE FILM. never even talked to her. confessing for wtf. just leave her alone and have her figure out her issues, dont make some irrelevant ugy confess LMAOOOOO
Jan 23, 2021 7:54 AM

Sep 2020
Dee_Mega said:
Have you ever heard about "Garbage Ending"? if not, then watch "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda" to know.

It was not garbage. . . It was actually very realistic and logical. The main protagonist had a relationship with the other girl in the past and they hadn't gaven up on their feelings. It is one of those cases that the viewers were gonna complain about the ending either way.
Aug 19, 2021 7:45 AM
Aug 2021
Do you guys really believe that somehow Naruse would accept that?

Never, that bald guy is totally unable to empathize with Jun. And the way she treated him has shown no sign of feeling or romantic sense. Not to mention that fucker just had flirted Nito and wanted to have s*x with her.

I think that ending is just simply about Daiki's development and Jun's new world experience, not about romance between that cocksucker and Jun. She will continue to live her new beginning and somehow still be close to Sakagami since he's the only guy who understands her and she can share everything with.

If someday, there's a kind of OVA that shows up Jun and Dai go hand in hand, I will definitely show Okada Mari, show Nagai, show all fucking staffs and show Chichibu WHAT IS THE PRICE OF SCREWING OUR FAVORITE MOVIE FOR THEIR BLOODY BUDGET.
Nov 16, 2021 2:30 PM
Jan 2021
It is a really interesting romance and drama movie.
The ending though was really surprising for me.
But it was realistic and good.

More topics from this board

» let's talk about the ending ( 1 2 )

Joshiki - Mar 21, 2019

79 by sg_epk_1048596 »»
May 6, 12:32 PM

» I was liking it but that ending...

supernicolasman - Oct 6, 2020

9 by mangalicker94 »»
Mar 9, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Sep 20, 2015

244 by mangalicker94 »»
Mar 9, 6:41 PM

» Musical Songs

Saki_e_aql - May 23, 2022

1 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 24, 2022 9:49 AM

» Spoilers please? (please avoid if you want to remain spoiler-free :D )

karmenmeghan - Dec 31, 2015

7 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 23, 2020 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.