Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 8, 2021 12:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok with how strong this dude was at just 100,000 dollars, he should've gone goku super saiyan mode after emptying his entire bank account, but he kind of just gets beaten by the power of friendship. Like yeah it's anime crazy stuff happens but usually you have your power levels set in place so that fights are actually compelling. Or maybe that just doesn't matter here; and it doesn't have to, I really enjoyed this season.

I liked how they started playing the ed from the previous season here at the end of this final episode. And oh yay looks like we get even bigger baddie because guild just ended up kinda being push overs! Anyway this was quality on par with the first season, and even succeeding that with the dark age arc or whatever you call it which was a near-masterpiece of story telling that really took me by surprise. You expect the back story to hit you, but this one hit me harder than expected.

Overall I can't really praise it for anything that I found noteworthy, just for being some more good shit that I came to love from the first season of bungo stray dogs. 7 out of 10 baby

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 15, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
If Dazai stole the show in season 1, then Atsushi took it back for season 2.

Great ending. I loved Akutagawa and Atsushi coming to a mutual understanding of each other and bonding over their related insecurities. And Akutagawa got his much needed validation from senpai. Hoping to see him redeemed more in season 3.

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

Apr 7, 2021 11:45 PM

Jun 2020
woww, kyouko is really brave, so impressed
i like this season than the first season, but both are good.
i also love this opening

Apr 15, 2021 12:02 PM
Mar 2021
I am so happy that Kyouka is finally a part of the Agency, season gets an 8/10 for me.
May 29, 2021 2:18 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was something else. Amazing finale, made me like Kyouka so much more, the "plot twist" with Dazai having planned all of this was insane.

The first arc of this season was a 10/10 and the 2nd part was also amazing. The hype was here every episode. Seeing Akutagawa and Atsushi fight together was so great, but that ending made me confused, do they want to fight or why are they looking at each others like that. The scene where Dazai acknowledge Akutagawa was so heart-warming, funny how he fainted, lol.

Something that got me curious. At the end, when the leader of The Guild died, he said "I'm coming, wait for me" or something around those lines. Was he actually the delusional one who kept thinking that her wife was alive when in fact she died due to the shock? That was interesting.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd season so much. I'll miss this ending song, it was soooo perfect.
Alex_TheForestMay 29, 2021 2:25 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 20, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2020
Wow what a fight Akutagawa and Atsushi really gave their all in it. Am happy to see Kyouka became the part of the Agency and that she is happy and having fun with all members, it was a cute ending and definitely better season than the 1st one, it was amazing. Now i gotta watch OVA episode and then 3rd season, i can't wait!!!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 23, 2021 9:41 PM
Dec 2017
another really great season.

Oct 28, 2021 1:51 PM
Nov 2020
That last battle was pretty much free to play players vs pay to wins where on loses once their out of money but the other keeps going with sheer skill.
Dec 7, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2020
Welccome back Kyouka. Well, I feel Dazai is the writer of the story. He can manage everything as his predict. New opponent arrival.
Dec 9, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2020
Compared to First Season, this season was on a whole different level. The story was intense through and through. The first four episodes are the ehncancer of this season.

Sep 16, 2022 2:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great finale, they beat the guild boss together and Kyouka made a fake sacrifice to keep the Moby Dick from falling on the city, good thing that she's made it alive thanks to her power and now finally joining the agency!
Oct 20, 2022 4:34 AM

Oct 2018
Season comes to end and it's easily a way more conclusive ending than the previous one. I guess this was more of a split cour situation than an actual 2nd season since the production schedule of the first cour caught up quickly resulting in the drop in quality after the first 2 episodes. Well, this season looked significantly better although it still had it's weaker share of episodes. A lot of the things related to the side characters feel like answered to some extent, Kyouka feels like had completed some sort of a character arc even though it wasn't much other than the last 2 episodes.
Nov 3, 2022 4:01 PM

Jul 2017
The Oda arc was really good, but this arc and conclusion felt really underwhelming and anticlimactic to me compared to how it was being built up at the start, even the battle at the end felt corny with Francis vs Akutagawa and Atsushi and the whole war lacking weight and antagonists lacking development and interesting qualities to follow as well. It's somewhat of an improvement from season 1, but this portion of the series wasn't that good either. At least the first 4 episodes were really good and leagues above the rest of the franchise. Not to say that this arc was awful and irredemable, just not that exciting or interesting to watch besides a couple nice moments. More weight, substance and less plot armor would've been more impactful in this triple threat of a war, everything played out too predictable in that sense.

Probably would rate it a strong 4, just because the majority of this season was dedicated to the much weaker, weirdly paced and anticlimactic arc than the Oda arc at the start. Without that Oda arc, would probably be a strong 3, a slight improvement on what I would rate the first season but having similar ratings.
Dec 7, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2021
Good ending to the season, Dazai best character
Dec 8, 2022 7:40 PM

Feb 2017
This whole episode was wholesome and adorable.

Bruh Akutagawa dragging Atsushi off so he wouldn't go down with the whale. Akutagawa's still an utter sociopath. I'm interested to see how they progress as a team. I'd prefer them becoming friends rather than a reiteration of the hateful partnership Dazai and Chuuya have.
I'm glad Kyouka joined the agency, but they're forgetting child labor laws lol.
After his talk with Kyouka, I'm starting to sense Dazai really has changed in a way. I feel he took Odasaku's words deeper to heart than just switching sides for his sake. He's still TERRIFYING.
Kunikida's low-key annoying yo. He acts like a know-it-all but isn't the best at reading people. Dazai or Atsushi. Atsushi's always been a gentleman. I love Yosano!
Junichirou's a yandere.
Ranpo and Poe's friendship is adorable. Poe has an emotional support raccoon.
Chuuya really loves wine.
Mori is sickening and the executives don't do anything to protect that creepy kid he always keeps around him.
Floral_soapDec 8, 2022 7:47 PM
Dec 23, 2022 3:06 PM
Nov 2022
I loved how dazai make the plan : ally Atsushi's strong to Akutagawa's one !!!
Jan 3, 2023 6:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting finish to what has been a very enthralling season of Bungou Stray Dogs! I'd a feeling we'd be getting the ultimate showdown between the two organisations given how the first seasons transpired and the first four episodes of this season, but for it to be a three-way battle was unexpected and the stakes higher to leave more of a bang. 

Poor Guild leader wasn't able to make enough money to survive until the end of the operation. While his ambitions are respectable and all, blowing up an entire city to get that is a little .. you know. Nevertheless, it was nice to see a new partnership in the making between Atsushi and Akutagawa. To make matters better for the Armed Detective Agency, Kyouka passed the test and survived the ordeal with little assistance from the Pres. It's funny how the President's ability and nature to save his employees perfectly match each other.

Next villain voiced by Ishida Akira-san? Yes, please! Can't wait to see what this "demon" is all about and whether Dazai-san's attempt to forge a partnership between Atsushi and Akutagawa will make a difference. 

8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2023 2:00 AM
Feb 2021
very good very noice 10/10 would recommend this show
Feb 25, 2023 8:17 AM

Dec 2018
I didn't expect Moby Dick to generate such little impact on sea water, I thought it would produce a tsunami affecting the city, considering it plunged into the bay area 
Mar 18, 2023 8:33 AM
Sep 2016
Overall I really liked this last episode... The only thing is I feel like the fight doesn't satisfied me enough...
Atsushi and akutagawa team up was awesome btw but I didn't like how the guild leader used all his power when I feel like he's strong enough to beat them with just half of his power or should I say his money....
He's so strong when he used half a million so I was shocked when he used all of his money out of nowhere... Yup he is an idiot for doing that

Glad that Kyouka survived and Dazai San best boi

Excited for S3 ... New villain
Apr 5, 2023 7:25 AM
Dec 2019
ITS GREAT OVERALL
May 27, 2023 9:20 PM
Dec 2022
anime yang sangat bugus
Jun 10, 2023 10:26 AM
May 2023
i love dazai so much
Jul 15, 2023 7:16 PM
Feb 2023
"I'm grateful, but I'm only interested in those under twelve."
Jul 26, 2023 7:21 AM

Dec 2022
Alright season, but it felt more like a mindless battle shonen than a show about detectives with special abilities. Kyouka was sidelined for nearly the entirety of it too, which I can't say I liked. The fights were nicely animated and some of the character interactions were somewhat meaningful, which did help it.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 13, 2023 5:54 PM
Oct 2022
very exciting!!!
Nov 30, 2023 7:09 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a MID season. Good to watch though
Jan 24, 1:21 PM
Jan 2024
The opening coming in during the final fight was amazing
Mar 29, 6:17 PM
Oct 2023
This was a very good conclusion to the second season of this series. Akutagawa finally got a praise from Dazai which made him pass out lmao. Nice to see Poe help Ranpo with some stuff. Kyouka is finally an offical member of the agency and survived. Dostoevsky seems like a big threat. Cant wait to see what he will do. And i am also curious about what will happen to the rest of the guild was kinda suprised to see Lovecraft still alive too lol.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

157 by gladiusm »»
May 14, 11:02 AM

» The Armed Detective Agency is actually weak?

eWEQRW123123 - May 8

30 by holo-simp »»
May 10, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

220 by kociamatka »»
May 3, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

107 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 11, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.