Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 3, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2015
Finally bitch is death. She was so ridiculously overpowered that it ruined entire manga.
Dec 3, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2012
Well i think it was definitely better than anime, pretty intense battle. The final attack was pretty random, but i think it was not that bad.
Was so confident that Leone is alive (at least to kill prime minister) and funny that people thought othewise, asspulls everywhere and for everyone, that's how usually manga works (mb it'll be explained somehow but i doubt it).
Dec 3, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
So... Esdeath finally bites the dust. She fullfilled her role as overpowered main antagonist well, but I don't care for her, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm surprised Tatsumi actually ended living. His relationship with Mine will be complicated now, to say the least. And talking about Mine, I'm sure she will wake up from her coma the next chapter.

Honest is gonna to be raped by Leone, like in the anime. The question is if Leone will die too. But I also don't give a fuck about Leone either, so...

I'm actually surprised this turned out to be happier than the anime considering the manga was more gruesome (it has Wild Hunt, more detailed and gorier deaths, rapes...). And yay for Wave and Kurome living.
Dec 3, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 2016
nobody199 said:
I am confused as to what was I watching. Esdeath breaks Akame's sword and throws her back, she stands up run to other side pick Esdeath's sword on the ground, turns around jumps at Esdeath and throws murasame's fragments while THEY WERE IN THE AIR(all this time?) at Esdeath? I mean the fucking speed needed to do that.
Besides that, The snow storm gave Esdeath full acess to her abilities so why not covering the ground of ice? Why not lift with ice in her body and start attacking akame from above until she is dead? Goddammit she could make a giant ice monster armor, but prefers to get out of safety. So much options to kill and she is supposed to be a general! Someone who thinks! Really I am not targeting Esdeath( she is probably the most important character of the series), but the author who made this.
Really when you have someone capable of doing all that, pretty much every way to try and justify that she is going to loose is bullshit, because at this point she coudn't loose anymore.
At the end day Esdeath wasn't killed by some smart strategy, powerfull technique,she was killed by a power boost............really?!
It's almost an ofense for the character who pretty much is main motive to keep watching the ENTIRE manga.
Fairwell, to the ice queen, I couldn't read her final moments, but when the translation comes I will give a higher note for the chapter

It really is an insult not just to the greatest character of the series, but to the readers. It's absolutely obvious that the author couldn't think of any better way to end Esdeath than to kill her with a power up and make her stupid.

Forget about freezing the ground or attacking from the air, Esdeath had so many opportunities to land a blow and she didn't. She did not harm Akame in any significant way. That's simply out of character. Not only that, she turned weaker and was incapable of blocking far too many of Akame's attacks, I mean, for crying out loud, she was mutilated.

And yeah, that sword thing was pure BS.
Dec 3, 2016 10:53 AM
Mar 2016
This was definitely the worst chapter I have read in a long time in this series.

Esdeath's fight with Akame was boring, short, and frankly baffling at points. It's almost as if Esdeath forgot how to fight.

The ending of the fight was completely predictable, and total bs.

Leone's and Tatsumi's survival were, likewise, insulting asspulls. They even contradict the events of the previous chapters. But absolutely predictable.
Dec 3, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
Sukebe14 said:
Finally bitch is death. She was so ridiculously overpowered that it ruined entire manga.

Apparently not. It only took one power up for Akame to beat her, and it turned out that Esdeath was not that great a fighter after all.
Dec 3, 2016 11:03 AM
Mar 2016
ixarising said:
nobody199 said:

she use sparingly, of course, but this is compensated by the fact that each one has the size of car or even bigger. If the motherfucker can dodge this shit, then don't even bother trying the same thing again.
I want to emphasize the fact that I agree that she likes to play with her kills, but then again she wants to push them at their limits.
It's one thing to play with enemy, it's another using attacks that won't work. You are giving the impression that Esdeath wants to play nice with them, when is just the opposite. During the fight at the coleseum, Esdeath said to Tatsumi that if he survived her attacks, it could be only destiny, that means that she is going to use all sorts of attacks.

Esdeath simply wants the pleasure of fighting a death match with her enemies. She doesn't care much about normal logic like freezing them to the ground or anything to get an advantage. If the opponent can push her to the limit, it'll be better for her.

All true but she's not stupid. Or at least she wasn't until this chapter. Remember her fight with Susanoo? She had no compunction about freezing time to try to kill him.

She may have enjoyed fighting but she used to not play around with opponents who were "worthy" of her respect, like Susanoo or Tatsumi. With them she went for the kill.

In this fight she turned into an idiot and an incompetent fighter. She allowed Akame to wound her far too often, when we already know that she could summon ice armor to protect herself in an instant.

The author just needed to kill Esdeath already and was lazy about it.
Dec 3, 2016 11:05 AM
Mar 2016
Sanc2ary said:
Some places are starting to translate 77 into English, and man...

I am a complete and total Mine homer, and I have HATED Esdeath for the whole series, however, after getting to read what her last words were before she freezes herself...ugh. It absolutely destroyed my insides. I realized that I really enjoyed hating her.

So, to all the Esdeath fans out there...*Salute*

Sorry about your Waifu, for real. :(

Nothing will be able to make up for it. The worst part is that her last fight was so lame and she fought so badly.... Oh well.
Dec 3, 2016 11:06 AM
Mar 2016
keragamming said:
Dry, boring, anticlimatic, predictable, plain, rush, average ect. That is what I felt for this chapter. Esdeath died, simple because the manga is ending next chapter, that is the vibes I was getting it just felt contrived.

Meh.

You and I both comrade. And plenty of others, I am sure.
Dec 3, 2016 11:10 AM
Mar 2016
Axicia said:
Best girl died. I preferred the anime ending, at least he did not get into a relationship with a bullshit generic tsun twintail girl too deeply.

Yeah, bias.

You and I both feel the same way, bro.
Dec 3, 2016 11:15 AM
Mar 2016
Roy_Focker said:
Esdeath was wrong at the end... Tatsumi did look at her but he realized that she was too far gone to be redeemed… she chooses her bloody path to being the number one predator in the world before love so that is why she didn’t end up with Tastumi… thus her regret?!

There is no question that the shadow in the background is Leone body... Fat bastard is gonna get his in next chapter... Yay! Leone might die in the process, assuming that she is still alive and not possessed...

One question tho... is Suzuka alive???

nobody199 said:
The snow storm gave Esdeath full acess to her abilities so why not covering the ground of ice? Why not lift with ice in her body and start attacking akame from above until she is dead? Goddammit she could make a giant ice monster armor, but prefers to get out of safety. So much options to kill and she is supposed to be a general! Someone who thinks! Really I am not targeting Esdeath( she is probably the most important character of the series), but the author who made this.
Really when you have someone capable of doing all that, pretty much every way to try and justify that she is going to loose is bullshit, because at this point she coudn't loose anymore.
At the end day Esdeath wasn't killed by some smart strategy, powerfull technique,she was killed by a power boost............really?!
It's almost an ofense for the character who pretty much is main motive to keep watching the ENTIRE manga.
Fairwell, to the ice queen, I couldn't read her final moments, but when the translation comes I will give a higher note for the chapter
Esdeath falls in this chapter like a true OP villain, maybe a cliché but nonetheless a necessity (if she did all of that you said then it would be a bad end for the whole world in Akame ga Kill/universe)... Her arrogance was her downfall… She herself said it the best she loses sight/focus of Murasame.

Teedog12 said:
Wow, that was a pretty awesome way to end the battle. I guess Esdeath became overconfident at the end and didn't expect Akame to make a comeback after losing her Teigu, great fight from start to finish. Since her demon sword is now broken, Akame might have a chance to live a normal life for a change. And I'm surprised that Tatsumi survived as well - I think many people were already jumping to conclusions last month about the ending being exactly like in the anime. Mein will be getting some dragon dick later on I feel, lol.

Jokes aside, I think Wave will have a role in Tatsumi's recovery. I recall him wanting to go back and participate in the war a couple of chapters ago, but now it's ended. Incursio was stated to be a prototype of Grand Chariot a while back, so I wonder if Tatsumi will be able to fuse with it and gain full mastery over his powers. It would be cool to see him transform from human to dragon at will.
This in my opinion is a great thing if Mangaka-san intended this... Akame is one person who deserve to live her life in peace, that was the only thing that I didn’t like about the anime ending (she was still on her quest [discarding her humanity] and continue the fighting) with this she can finally have her reunion with his sis and maybe who knows maybe she has the chance to become an aunt...

Your idea of Tatsumi sound good maybe his elder (in his town) hold the key to that...

Really? I for one have never felt that Akame has sacrificed much of her humanity. I mean, yeah, she kills people. But so far, all of them have been irredeemably evil. Esdeath being the last one. (I don't think she was irredeemable, but Word of God says otherwise).

MilviBritannia said:
Is tatsumi really back? Did he evolve to counter the poison? Can't wait to see the final chapter, hopefully things will be explained!
Akame explained to the doctor that she felt two essence one powerful and the other one weak/fading and she aimed at the powerful one thus saving Tatsumi even herself wasn’t sure it would be certain that Tasumi survived she tried and the result was in getting his friend freed and still kicking.

I don't know about you, but to me that felt like a BS explanation, and really undid the pathos of that scene. Now, when we read it again it won't be intense at all.
NathanielKeehlDec 4, 2016 1:54 PM
Dec 3, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2015
@NathanielKeehl

I was ok with the outcome... that doesn’t mean I don’t understand you... but Esdeath in the fights vs Night Raid that you mentioned she was practically fresh (she only fought that opponent) and in the others, she had help form the other Jäegers, the Four Kouken Temple Rakshasa demons, Budou. This time she was a one Man Girl army she fought Tatsumi first then she created the Ice cavalry (Great power consumption even if she reabsorbed them and created a huge blizzard she needed energy to those techniques) to fight the revolution army (thousands) plus fodder Teigu holders and then she brawled against Akame plus in the fight she used her time freeze power to stop the curse from killing her, that took a toll in her stamina and power + her trill of the fight that she was dominating (Akame was getting weak by the moment) and her arrogance was her downfall like I said not expecting Akame to reach her when his new ability enhanced her reaction time, speed and power. I bet that was the plan from the beginning from Najenda and in that sense, it works out for the revolution... You can say that Akame was tired to from her others fighting but to be honest Akame brawls up to Esdeath were a light warm up compared to what Esdeath have to deal with.

Because of that I didn’t mind the way her demise came up…
Dec 3, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2013
HollowIchigo58 said:
Thank you god, that Overrated Psycho Ice bitch is finally dead, goodbyez have pleasant journey to Hell where you never see Tatsumi ever again, now Esdeath is Esdead.

Also yay the manga is not a copy of the shitty anime because Tatsumi is alive now him and Mine can get married after he fixes his dragon problem, also Tatsumi looks kinda creepy when he smiles in his Tyrant Form.

Now time for Leone to smash that fat piece of shit's skull in and please don't kill her too.

I'm having a field day right now.

This all over. 30charsbullshitweiners
Dec 3, 2016 2:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I knew that Tatsumi would return. You don't just kill off the MC like that no matter what the manga is called.
Esdeath was one heck of an antagonist. And now we'll finally get to see that PM torn to shreds by a lioness
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Thank god that ice bitch is finally dead. Kinda sad that Tatsumi got stuck in that dragon form I would have prefered that he died honestly. It will probably make Mine very sad when she finally wakes up and see him like this.
Dec 3, 2016 5:26 PM
Nov 2011
DarK-LaW said:
Thank god that ice bitch is finally dead. Kinda sad that Tatsumi got stuck in that dragon form I would have prefered that he died honestly. It will probably make Mine very sad when she finally wakes up and see him like this.

Esdeath died knowing that Tatsumi never loved her. She deserved it for all the atrocities she commited.

I'm happy that Tats survived, but in all honesty it felt like an asspull.

Even if he can't return to being a human again. Mine will probably understand about his situation and still love him regardless of his appeareance. I guess they'll somehow find a way to have "sexy time" lol.
Hect_9Dec 3, 2016 6:31 PM
Dec 3, 2016 7:15 PM
Feb 2016
Sad how Esdeath didn't get the thing she wanted in the end, plus what other ending can happen if Esdeath kill/defeat Akame? she going to being PM/Queen of the land? Fat chance

Plus I called it chapters ago that Tatsumi is going to live by some stupid bullshit, adapting to the poison, killing the stronger force that is consuming tatsumi conscious, etc. Still golly good game tho
Dec 4, 2016 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
I lost track in the last chapter, what the hell happens with Wave??? next month will be the last chapter wth? I thought it will 2 more chapters .. man how 1 chapter will explain all of my curiosity
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 4, 2016 3:49 AM
Dec 2016
zhaoyun99 said:
nobody199 said:

First the assassin I made reference is Akame
Second, what I said doesn't fully contradicts her. Esdeath constantly uses ice spikes, ice barriers,ice meteors and etc. One hit and your probably dead, Esdeath may enjoy fighting but the power she uses are in the least overkill for her oponents. If she has no calms using this powers, why cant she froze the ground? She could froze time!
Esdeath enjoy torture, sure. While I know you must be thinking about the first chapters where she tortured Leone, but that's because the difference between their levels of power is unfair as fuck. Esdeath isn't going to play around Akame or Tatsumi.

She actually used those 3 skill except Barriers sparingly like ixa said. Also, even before Leone's torture scene, she was already showed to be a sadist when she reduced a war hero to a bdsm slave. Also, one thing for sure is that if her opponent was like Akame or Tatsumi then it gave her more reason to play around. Also, Ice Spikes was rather a waste to use on 1 or 2 enemies anyway and Tatsumi's current form just fly his ass above it since it was a crowd clearing tech anyway and Ice Meteor against a tiny ass enemies? She could just use it as momentum like in this chapter to reach Esdese anyway. Also, since Tatsumi participate, he can neutralize her time freeze as well.

Im betting that Esdese couldn't do most of this stuff as she has exhausted most of her powers (hence why she couldnt freeze her surroundings and build a bigger ice mech). She exhausted it all when she froze time (which she apparently can only use it once per day so i assume it uses at least half of her energy) and during the battle she also had to keep those ice walls up (you could argue that all she had to do was build them and just leave them there but that wouldnt explain why they disappeared so quickly after she died). We also see that Akame is more immune to the cold and is a lot faster than usual due to using the curse mark on herself (It's possible that Esdese has dropped the temperature a lot because she expected Akame, a fully trained assassin with her trump-card active, to actually be affected by it to the point where she would slow down and become more immobile.) What supports this idea is the fact that Esdese didnt always have her right artificial arm active throughout the fight eg the few moments after Akame got past the ice barrier she made. Weve seen her conjure artificial fingers half a moment after she lost her fingers, but she doesnt do the same so. In conlcusion I would think Esdese simply couldnt have used her full pontential because she has exhausted more than half of it before the fight.

TL:DR- Esdese exausted too much of her powers causing Akame to win the fight.
Dec 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
Mine x Dragon tatsumi.. ohh some good doujin material right there

anyway, good battle, but gundam esdeath is hilarious haha
Dec 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2015
Ohh yeah!! Tatsumi survived, and it seems Leone is alive too. But I feel bad for Tatsumi's situation, how is he going to marry Mine in this form, the tragedy shall continue lol
Dec 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2015
i'm more worried with akame's lil sister. Hope she's doing great banging Wave in other continent.
Dec 4, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2015
Esdeath is finally dead. It was hell batlle.

That last paanel with beast-Leone was scary and awesome. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 4, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
Roy_Focker said:
@NathanielKeehl

I was ok with the outcome... that doesn’t mean I don’t understand you... but Esdeath in the fights vs Night Raid that you mentioned she was practically fresh (she only fought that opponent) and in the others, she had help form the other Jäegers, the Four Kouken Temple Rakshasa demons, Budou. This time she was a one Man Girl army she fought Tatsumi first then she created the Ice cavalry (Great power consumption even if she reabsorbed them and created a huge blizzard she needed energy to those techniques) to fight the revolution army (thousands) plus fodder Teigu holders and then she brawled against Akame plus in the fight she used her time freeze power to stop the curse from killing her, that took a toll in her stamina and power + her trill of the fight that she was dominating (Akame was getting weak by the moment) and her arrogance was her downfall like I said not expecting Akame to reach her when his new ability enhanced her reaction time, speed and power. I bet that was the plan from the beginning from Najenda and in that sense, it works out for the revolution... You can say that Akame was tired to from her others fighting but to be honest Akame brawls up to Esdeath were a light warm up compared to what Esdeath have to deal with.

Because of that I didn’t mind the way her demise came up…

Yeah, good points, but I still don't buy it for three reasons.

First, the author and the artists made a poor job of showing Esdeath's exhaustion. Remember the fight between the Alchemists and Father in FMA? You could tell Father was getting tired as the fight went on, and the dialogue, both internal and external, made it clear. The same can be said about the fight between Kenshin and his friends and Shishio in RuroKen. There are other examples that we can both think of and could mention.

Esdeath, on the other hand, shows no sign of being overwhelmed by the fight.

Secondly, Akame should have been just as tired, if not more, for the following reasons: a) running around finding targets to kill, that would have drained her energy even if the fights were ridiculously easy (as they were); b) her first fight with Esdeath, which left her ragged; c) Esdeath's "Winter is Coming" attack, which created an Arctic Winter, that should have taken a toll on Akame physically; d) running around the battlefield trying to find an opening to strike at Esdeath; and e) her power up, which is supposed to drain her energy rather quickly.

Thirdly, even ignoring all of the above, the fight between Akame and Esdeath should have been a fight between equals, and it should have been longer and more gruesome. Instead, it's pretty much a cakewalk for Akame as Esdeath suddenly turns into a rather incompetent fighter. I mean, for Christ's sake, she is mutilated by Akame and is unable to land any severe blow on her opponent.
Dec 4, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2015
@NathanielKeehl

The same can be said about strong (far superior characters in techniques and power) characters and their arrogance clouding her/his behavior in anime & manga... DBZ - Freeza, DBS - Zamasu, FMA - Greed, Naruto - Madara, Bleach - Yhwach and manny more...

But that is the point Esdeath and Akame are not equal because of the things that I mentioned in my previous comments that was evidently showed in their fight (when Night Raid was going to rescue/save Tasumi) but here she was exhausted plus Murasame curse was meant to be superior to Esdeath Teigu techniques and it is obvious that a villain of his caliber would never have shown to his opponent that she was getting weak... Heck you can say that is was the first time in her entire whole life that she was pushed to the max (first by all of those fights + a quick brawl with Tatsumi and her final fight with Akame) she is a hunter when an animal speaking n hunting terms shows weakness she is the prey... maybe she didn’t want to hurt her pride, maybe she didn’t think she was getting weaker, maybe the author planned all of this (Nagenda plan [he was the one wrote that into the story]) or not, who knows... What I’m trying to say here is if the author make Esdeath fight like you mentioned he has 2 choices extend the manga or Esdeath defeating all of his enemies becoming the ruler of the world...

Like I said early... I understand your points they are valid... but maybe they didn’t fit in Mangaka-san plans for ending this manga in the way he wanted…
Dec 4, 2016 5:19 PM
Dec 2015
Did the death counter go off for Esdeath? I don't remember. I suppose it's possible for her to somehow not be dead. I mean, of all tiegu users, she is the only one who drank hers. It was already kind of fused with her.

It seems to me that there are going to be a lot of Cliffhangers at the end of the next chapter I don't see how they're going to be able to wrap everything up.

Tatsumi is a dragon. Is Mine going to wake up? What about Wave and Kurome? Is Esdeath really dead? And then their is still Leone and Honest, and what is Akame going to do without Murasame and her sister still alive? Not to mention there's a whole new government that needs to be installed and that kind of stuff never goes smoothly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were left with a severe Cliffhanger ending hinting that Esdeath is still alive, or at least het teigu is. Leaving room for a spin off if the author decided to make on.
Dec 4, 2016 5:29 PM
Mar 2016
Sanc2ary said:
Did the death counter go off for Esdeath? I don't remember. I suppose it's possible for her to somehow not be dead. I mean, of all tiegu users, she is the only one who drank hers. It was already kind of fused with her.

It seems to me that there are going to be a lot of Cliffhangers at the end of the next chapter I don't see how they're going to be able to wrap everything up.

Tatsumi is a dragon. Is Mine going to wake up? What about Wave and Kurome? Is Esdeath really dead? And then their is still Leone and Honest, and what is Akame going to do without Murasame and her sister still alive? Not to mention there's a whole new government that needs to be installed and that kind of stuff never goes smoothly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were left with a severe Cliffhanger ending hinting that Esdeath is still alive, or at least het teigu is. Leaving room for a spin off if the author decided to make on.

At the end it says all Jaegers have been eliminated (Wave and Kurome excepted). So yeah, she's dead.

Also, I get the feeling the author of the manga doesn't like the fact that she's so popular, so I guess he would want her to stay dead.
Dec 4, 2016 5:34 PM
Mar 2016
Roy_Focker said:
@NathanielKeehl

The same can be said about strong (far superior characters in techniques and power) characters and their arrogance clouding her/his behavior in anime & manga... DBZ - Freeza, DBS - Zamasu, FMA - Greed, Naruto - Madara, Bleach - Yhwach and manny more...

If I recall correctly, Frieza was already pretty much broken when he finally died. Greed was, in the fight against Führer, not strong enough and got pwned. In the fight against Father, he allowed himself to be killed. I haven't watched Bleach. So I can't comment.

But that is the point Esdeath and Akame are not equal because of the things that I mentioned in my previous comments that was evidently showed in their fight (when Night Raid was going to rescue/save Tasumi) but here she was exhausted plus Murasame curse was meant to be superior to Esdeath Teigu techniques and it is obvious that a villain of his caliber would never have shown to his opponent that she was getting weak... Heck you can say that is was the first time in her entire whole life that she was pushed to the max (first by all of those fights + a quick brawl with Tatsumi and her final fight with Akame) she is a hunter when an animal speaking n hunting terms shows weakness she is the prey... maybe she didn’t want to hurt her pride, maybe she didn’t think she was getting weaker, maybe the author planned all of this (Nagenda plan [he was the one wrote that into the story]) or not, who knows... What I’m trying to say here is if the author make Esdeath fight like you mentioned he has 2 choices extend the manga or Esdeath defeating all of his enemies becoming the ruler of the world...

Like I said early... I understand your points they are valid... but maybe they didn’t fit in Mangaka-san plans for ending this manga in the way he wanted…

Except that when you take into account what I said about Akame, they should have started that final fight on equal footing. And in any case, Esdeath would not have fought as badly as she did. Arrogance and overconfidence do not justify it, she knew, and her internal dialogue tells us, that she was fighting with a strong opponent. She, based on her character, would not have played around.

All those other reasons you're citing now, don't really hold up. The villains I mentioned were also proud. Yet all of them showed signs of their exhaustion. There is no reason why Esdeath would not have done so.

We do agree on one thing. The mangaka needed to end the manga quickly and so rushed the fight that should have been epic. In the process he ruined it.

Well, I have thought for a long time now that he is a crappy author. Now I have another reason to think so.
NathanielKeehlDec 11, 2016 7:45 AM
Dec 4, 2016 8:59 PM
Nov 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
nobody199 said:
I am confused as to what was I watching. Esdeath breaks Akame's sword and throws her back, she stands up run to other side pick Esdeath's sword on the ground, turns around jumps at Esdeath and throws murasame's fragments while THEY WERE IN THE AIR(all this time?) at Esdeath? I mean the fucking speed needed to do that.
Besides that, The snow storm gave Esdeath full acess to her abilities so why not covering the ground of ice? Why not lift with ice in her body and start attacking akame from above until she is dead? Goddammit she could make a giant ice monster armor, but prefers to get out of safety. So much options to kill and she is supposed to be a general! Someone who thinks! Really I am not targeting Esdeath( she is probably the most important character of the series), but the author who made this.

It really is an insult not just to the greatest character of the series, but to the readers. It's absolutely obvious that the author couldn't think of any better way to end Esdeath than to kill her with a power up and make her stupid.

Forget about freezing the ground or attacking from the air, Esdeath had so many opportunities to land a blow and she didn't. She did not harm Akame in any significant way. That's simply out of character. Not only that, she turned weaker and was incapable of blocking far too many of Akame's attacks, I mean, for crying out loud, she was mutilated.

Holy fucking shit, her last words and thought are so inhuman and nonsensical. All the traces of a good character changed and synthesized into some fucking obsession with Tatsumi.
I can only hope they do some homage to all the dead characters, perhaps? Akame ga kill biggest mistakes was to kill first the most developed and likeable characters like Bors, Wave,Bulat,Liver... and leave the rotting shit alive.
Dec 4, 2016 9:46 PM

May 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
Except that when you take into account what I said about Akame, they should have started that final fight on equal footing. And in any case, Esdeath would not have fought as badly as she did. Arrogance and overconfidence do not justify it, she knew, and her internal dialogue tells us, that she was fighting with a strong opponent. She, based on her character, would have played around.

All those other reasons you're citing now, don't really hold up. The villains I mentioned were also proud. Yet all of them showed signs of their exhaustion. There is no reason why Esdeath would not have done so.

We do agree on one thing. The mangaka needed to end the manga quickly and so rushed the fight that should have been epic. In the process he ruined it.

Well, I have thought for a long time now that he is a crappy author. Now I have another reason to think so.
But you seem to forget that equal footing was not the plan of Night Raid & the Revolution army against the fight vs Esdeath...

Of course arrogance justify the outcome (in my eyes) she was way over her head (even if she was Strong AF) she needed to decimate the army swiftly but instead she was [b]toying[b] with her opponents… fast forward to Tatsumi fight she was doing the same with a guy that showed to her that her abilities didn’t meant nothing to him (in terms of adaptability) and finally the fight with Akame she saw herself dominating the fight but her arrogance didn’t let her notice that Akame even if she was losing in terms of energy consumption (getting weaker) she was able to do damage to her because she belittle the enemy and she pays the price and when she got serious braking Akame sword instead of finishing her she let her/allowed her to mount a counter because she was thinking that her attack wasn’t in range to damage her. If that not arrogance I don’t know what it is...

When you fight an enemy in War, Martial arts, Video game, etc. if you don’t take your opponent serious you have to deal with the consequence Esdeath because she was OP and make no mistake she knew it… she didn’t pay attention to Nagenda strategy (all for one and one for all), she didn’t take into consideration that fighting thousands of adversaries and using devastating techniques would take a toll on her, she didn’t take into account that fighting Tatsumi would take a lot form her (she didn’t lose to Tats because he then changed his focus to the ultimate Teigu), then she didn’t took into consideration that Murasame trump card/Curse gave Akame an incredible boost to her already incredible abilities and stats when she herself experienced something similar with her Teigu (when she drank from the urn)… again if that isn’t arrogance what is it?

And last but not least when you said she fought badly I disagree in terms of what she was able to accomplish alone vs fodders and highly skilled assassins (Night Raid) especially Tatsumi and Akame in her final form (she tried to lower Akame body temperature to immobilizer her thus freezing Akame to death or killing her when she was immobilized [too bad that ability of Murasame boost Akame to much]) and taking into account that she is going to die no matter and her last fight was against the Female Heroine she did good in terms of behavior of a villain who was going to meet her demise no matter what…
Roy_FockerDec 4, 2016 9:49 PM
Dec 5, 2016 5:29 AM
Nov 2015
Sanc2ary said:

Akame ga kill has never touched the political aspect of the story and we should expect something pretty generical and lacking further explanation.
Funny thing is that history has shown us that when a civilization tears itself apart from the inside( to quote ultron here), normally another civilization comes and conquers them, making another empire. The irony would be the oriental nation or whatever is called betray the revolutionary army and control the empire. I would give 5/5 for this,lol. Much better than watch dragon boy happy ever after
Dec 5, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
Now the manga mentions it, there is a hot spring that can heal almost all disease in the akame ga kill verse. Hopefully Wave manages to go there.
Dec 5, 2016 2:52 PM

Nov 2008
Old_Raven said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
Thank you god, that Overrated Psycho Ice bitch is finally dead, goodbyez have pleasant journey to Hell where you never see Tatsumi ever again, now Esdeath is Esdead.

Also yay the manga is not a copy of the shitty anime because Tatsumi is alive now him and Mine can get married after he fixes his dragon problem, also Tatsumi looks kinda creepy when he smiles in his Tyrant Form.

Now time for Leone to smash that fat piece of shit's skull in and please don't kill her too.

I'm having a field day right now.

This all over. 30charsbullshitweiners
30charsbullshitweiners, I don't know what that means.
HollowIchigo58Dec 5, 2016 3:09 PM
Dec 6, 2016 3:09 AM

Mar 2014
That awkward moment when the conclusion of this fight was executed much better in the anime. <--Never thought I'd ever say those words, but here were are. Jesus.

Fight had some great choreography, unfortunately the last few chapters were beyond atrocious.

2/5
Dec 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2015
Feels like everyone will be bathing in the hot spring next chapter...
Dec 6, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Osten112 said:
Tatsumi still alive

10/10

wait don't jump to that conclusion

there's no way he can live as a dragon

it will consume him sooner or later

Dec 6, 2016 1:53 PM
Nov 2011
AllenVonStein said:
Osten112 said:
Tatsumi still alive

10/10

wait don't jump to that conclusion

there's no way he can live as a dragon

it will consume him sooner or later

How? Tyrant is already dead, Akame killed it's soul/life force.

Also, didn't that doctor of the RA said that he'll help him using his teigu to help him stay healthy and alive in his current form or was he talking about Akame?

Hect_9Dec 6, 2016 2:28 PM
Dec 6, 2016 6:08 PM
Jan 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
Axicia said:
Best girl died. I preferred the anime ending, at least he did not get into a relationship with a bullshit generic tsun twintail girl too deeply.

Yeah, bias.

You and I both feel the same way, bro.

That makes three of us.
Dec 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
azy1999 said:
Ohh yeah!! Tatsumi survived, and it seems Leone is alive too. But I feel bad for Tatsumi's situation, how is he going to marry Mine in this form, the tragedy shall continue lol

he can still marry mine just dont expect well.... children....
*cough* death by snu snu *cough*
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 7, 2016 3:16 AM

Apr 2011
I can't help but feel salty about how she died. I feel like she should have won easy. But I guess blood lust and throwing the entire match was way more fun than actually winning. I can understand that she loves to fight, but goddamn you'd think she'd want to see more than that pathetic country and try to conquer the whole globe. World domination would probably have been more fun than fighting Akame. Oh well. :/

But on a side note, if perhaps the manga ended with the most unexpected twist, where Esdeath did kill Akame and all hope was lost with just despair and a frozen wasteland left, it probably would have been hands down the best Manga I've ever read period. Too bad the author wasn't willing to take that chance...

:L
:\
:|
-_-
Goddamn it they killed my waifu.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Aug 2015
how did esdeath survive getting her fingers chopped by murasame?
Did she freeze the poison or something? or did she chop off the infected part before it spread?
Dec 8, 2016 12:50 AM

May 2014
KurosoraRyuga said:
Did she freeze the poison or something? or did she chop off the infected part before it spread?

Who knows...maybe the former, maybe the latter...maybe both. She seems to get asspull after asspull irrespective of the situation she is in. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they ice particles all joined together and reformed her again.

On a serious note, she probably froze it because she reforms ice fingers almost immediately I believe.

I am truly glad she is dead and good riddance to the overpowered ice nazi.
Dec 9, 2016 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
MilviBritannia said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

Who knows...maybe the former, maybe the latter...maybe both. She seems to get asspull after asspull irrespective of the situation she is in. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they ice particles all joined together and reformed her again.

On a serious note, she probably froze it because she reforms ice fingers almost immediately I believe.

Idk, I actually liked her. I think the author made her way too op though but, there was still a more logical way to beat her. The author made it so that tatsumi still lived on but didn't make him join in the the fight sighs. He was literally flying above her, did he just want to watch is that it!? I mean sure maybe it took a while for him to regain his strength but still. All his fights, showing that he was the only one who can truly rival esdeath thanks to his power to evolve, wasted... Damn lol, I'm being too salty here. This was my first manga tbh, or at least the first one that I actually read til I caught up so I'm actually trying to be nice here and I did enjoy it so far, it's just that the end is being rushed af.

Oh, and one more thing, Why did esdeath even call murasame a dangerous sword if she can just freeze the poison!?
Dec 9, 2016 7:27 PM
Feb 2015
KurosoraRyuga said:
MilviBritannia said:

Idk, I actually liked her. I think the author made her way too op though but, there was still a more logical way to beat her. The author made it so that tatsumi still lived on but didn't make him join in the the fight sighs. He was literally flying above her, did he just want to watch is that it!? I mean sure maybe it took a while for him to regain his strength but still. All his fights, showing that he was the only one who can truly rival esdeath thanks to his power to evolve, wasted... Damn lol, I'm being too salty here. This was my first manga tbh, or at least the first one that I actually read til I caught up so I'm actually trying to be nice here and I did enjoy it so far, it's just that the end is being rushed af.

Oh, and one more thing, Why did esdeath even call murasame a dangerous sword if she can just freeze the poison!?

What if Akame stab her in the organs? She can't really freeze the poison you know, that's why she chop her hands and fingers off, so that the poison wouldn't spread to her body, but she can't do that with her organs.
Dec 9, 2016 9:03 PM
Sep 2015
ixarising said:
What if Akame stab her in the organs? She can't really freeze the poison you know, that's why she chop her hands and fingers off, so that the poison wouldn't spread to her body, but she can't do that with her organs.

Then the poison becomes irrelevant. Murasame is a sword. Poison or not, a wound to the organs would leave you incapacitated.

Which actually makes me realize just how bad this fight was written. In the previous chapter, Akame catches Esdeath off guard and barely cuts her arm. This of course causes Esdeath to cut the entire arm off...something Akame could of did. Better yet, Akame could have stabbed her through the heart or sliced off her head off. She got in a free shot on Esdeath and decided to barely cut her...on her arm.

Also, I agree with the other poster that Tatsumi should have done more in the final fight. I expected his power to go through the roof when he evolved, but was left extremely disappointed. He put up a better fight when he fought her alone, before fully transforming.

There was nothing exciting or clever about Akame getting a power boost and magically becoming stronger than Esdeath. I wanted more of a group effort. Particularly between characters that we know. All the new teigu users were unknown. We didn't know how strong they were other than being stronger than fodder, which doesn't mean much. Because of this, I couldn't be too impressed with Esdeath stomping them.

Lastly, wasn't Akame's trump card supposed to make her lose her sanity or humanity or whatever? She seemed pretty stable to me, during and after the fight.
Dec 9, 2016 9:34 PM

Aug 2015
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:
ixarising said:

Then the poison becomes irrelevant. Murasame is a sword. Poison or not, a wound to the organs would leave you incapacitated.

Which actually makes me realize just how bad this fight was written. In the previous chapter, Akame catches Esdeath off guard and barely cuts her arm. This of course causes Esdeath to cut the entire arm off...something Akame could of did. Better yet, Akame could have stabbed her through the heart or sliced off her head off. She got in a free shot on Esdeath and decided to barely cut her...on her arm.

Also, I agree with the other poster that Tatsumi should have done more in the final fight. I expected his power to go through the roof when he evolved, but was left extremely disappointed. He put up a better fight when he fought her alone, before fully transforming.

There was nothing exciting or clever about Akame getting a power boost and magically becoming stronger than Esdeath. I wanted more of a group effort. Particularly between characters that we know. All the new teigu users were unknown. We didn't know how strong they were other than being stronger than fodder, which doesn't mean much. Because of this, I couldn't be too impressed with Esdeath stomping them.

Lastly, wasn't Akame's trump card supposed to make her lose her sanity or humanity or whatever? She seemed pretty stable to me, during and after the fight.

Well, I'll just play the devil's advocate here since I kind of agree with everything anyway but there still some possible explanations that come to mind.
Maybe esdeath would've noticed Akame if she even took a second longer to cut her. Tatsumi just fought shikotazer and he was fighting the dragon inside him as he fought so that might not have been his full potential and increasing in size probably made him slower despite the power boost and that's not the only thing that makes him an easier target, his size also does. Well, losing her humanity could've meant her biological structure, just like how tatsumi still remains a human at heart now but having the body of a dragon.

That's how I would try to salvage this story if I was the author, although, it won't get to this point if I was lol

@ixarising
@WhiteWolfEyes21 already explained my point. Based on the context, Esdeath was calling murasame a dangerous sword bcos of it's poison. If she can just freeze the poison should it not hit her vitals then it's just as dangerous as any other sword... Well, maybe it's sharper and doesn't break as easily but just as we saw, it was simply shattered and it's sharpness didn't really play much of a role as any other sword could've pierced esdeath's heart
Dec 9, 2016 10:58 PM
Feb 2015
@WhiteWolfEyes21, @KurosoraRyuga

If Akame pierce Esdeath with a normal katana instead of Murasame in the end, do you think Esdeath would definitely die? That's uncertain, that's why she said Murasame is dangerous.

Also how the hell did you two reach the conclusion that Esdeath can freeze the poison? Esdeath cannot freeze the poison. If she could freeze the poison why would she need to chop her hands off in the first place. It's because she can't freeze the poison that she had to chop it off to prevent the poison from spreading. And that's just the hands, if Akame cuts her in the abdomen what would she do? Cut herself in half and hope to survive?
Dec 10, 2016 5:30 AM
Sep 2015
ixarising said:

If Akame pierce Esdeath with a normal katana instead of Murasame in the end, do you think Esdeath would definitely die? That's uncertain, that's why she said Murasame is dangerous.

Also how the hell did you two reach the conclusion that Esdeath can freeze the poison? Esdeath cannot freeze the poison. If she could freeze the poison why would she need to chop her hands off in the first place. It's because she can't freeze the poison that she had to chop it off to prevent the poison from spreading. And that's just the hands, if Akame cuts her in the abdomen what would she do? Cut herself in half and hope to survive?

I didn't say Esdeath could freeze the poison. That had nothing to do with my argument.

Akame shoved the broken half of murasame through the center of Esdeath's chest. Esdeath would've died from that wound even if it was a regular sword.

The point I was making wasn't about how Esdeath kept surviving the poison, but why Akame didn't go for the killing blow when she had the chance.

"if Akame cuts her in the abdomen what would she do"

So, why didn't she? That's my point. When Akame got in a free shot on Esdeath, she chose to scrape her arm rather than her neck, or cut her head off, or stab her through the heart. That was the ultimate contrived moment.

If Akame was going the route of sadist (based on marasume supposedly making her lose her sanity) to torture Esdeath, I actually wouldn't have liked that. Making Esdeath suffer by cutting her into pieces. The problem is Esdeath is never fazed, even when dieing. I wanted to see Esdeath suffering, questioning herself, angry that she was being outclassed. We got none of that.

Not only was the fight choreographically unsatisfying, it was emotionally unsatisfying. If you hate Esdeath, there was nothing to enjoy about her downfall. If something in you wanted to like Esdeath, she didn't give you any redemption in her character. This was actually done better in the anime. Esdeath said she regretted how her relationship with Tatsumi was. I didn't feel her regret.

Tatsumi could've had one final "If only" moment. Anything. The fight lacked emotional closer, which was its biggest failure.
Dec 10, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
ixarising said:
@WhiteWolfEyes21, @KurosoraRyuga

Her freezing the poison was the conclusion that we came up with thanks to her being able to survive getting her finger chopped off. Ofc, she could've chopped off a tiny bit but if that were the case then, looks like the artist forgot to draw that panel. Otherwise, the only logical explanation would be that she somehow learned how to freeze the poison after she had chopped her arm off. It's like she can evolve faster than tatsumi lol
Dec 11, 2016 7:49 AM
Mar 2016
nobody199 said:
NathanielKeehl said:

Holy fucking shit, her last words and thought are so inhuman and nonsensical. All the traces of a good character changed and synthesized into some fucking obsession with Tatsumi.
I can only hope they do some homage to all the dead characters, perhaps? Akame ga kill biggest mistakes was to kill first the most developed and likeable characters like Bors, Wave,Bulat,Liver... and leave the rotting shit alive.

I actually found her last words to be quite human, and they did make sense, she was obsessed with Tatsumi. But it's a shame that she did not even think of her Jaegers or her other loyal soldiers. It could have been much better.

Well, Wave is still alive. But you're right. The mangaka has, at this point, killed off all the best characters. Bols, Bulat, Liver (that Liver-Bulat conflict could have been epic if it had lasted for more than just one chapter), Run, and now Esdeath. All the while keeping the least interesting characters alive, like Akame and Mine.

The biggest disappointment is that Tatsumi is not dead. I feel that an author should either have the guts to kill the MC, or not even hint at his death.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.