Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 15, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
DANG IT! probably this is one of my fav episode so far from this series.
well, there were few action scenes that looked kinda derp in my perspective but the action scene when Emiya and Kuro freaking together fighting the gil woman ver, that was so awsome. i mean, two freaking archer or you can say it "fakers" stand side by side working together. that moment was just so epic to me. really happy to see that. regardless of that, from overall view, the animation in this episode, was pretty on low budget it seems. are they starting to get boring at making fate/kaleid or is it only about the budget problem......

and one more thing which really really made me fangasm like shit is when the other half of gil's soul possesed Miyu. i thought "gil ? is it gil ?" but it was just some kind of a joke but lol it was real. it was really gil's other half. and god dang it, the way he talked, that was obviously gil.

and...i forgot one more thing which suprised me like shit. yeah...i mean, the worm girl xD Freaking Sakura appeared in this fucking serise, in this fucking episode in a fucking yandere mode. seriously, what the hell was that about. didn't exepct or see that coming tbh.

next episode will be the last one and will be the last episode where Tanaka will make an appearance. from the next episode pv, tanaka will appear. seriously, who is she in the end. this is gonna be awsome if they are planning to make another season again.

looking foward to the next episode.
YizelTroSep 15, 2016 1:34 PM
Sep 15, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
Fai said:

Just a legitimately incomprehensibly shockingly shitty episode which feels like it was animated in some alternate reality were SL did NOT deliver three seasons of very consistent and great show. Did Type Moon Pull a Bethesda? Did SL animators ran out of time or budget? Was this production mistake or WHAT? How does this shit even happen is the only thing that is interesting about this.

I think besides the lack of budget and missing key animators and staff (were they also missing the main composer?), the season was originally supposed to just be 10 episodes like always, but then someone, perhaps executives or some other higher ups, realized they wanted the next project to just start and end with Shirou's backstory arc, and so tacked on 2 extra episodes to just rush through the rest of the content. This might be why the pacing and budget just went bonkers here. The budget was already spent on the regular 10 episodes and that could also explain why key staff inexplicably were scheduled to work on other anime at this critical time, if the anime was originally intended to have ended.

Just speculations.

It's pretty sad, right now the Prisma Ilya Collab Event is going on in Fate/Grand Order and even non-fans are praising how good the music in the series was in previous seasons, and I'm hearing them for hours on loops as I grind, and it just further reminds me of how disappointed I am with the music this episode too.
MoekouSep 15, 2016 1:36 PM
Sep 15, 2016 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
this episode....it was fun to watch. it def felt like they shoved quite a bit into it though. i would think that Sakura would have gotten much much longer screentime. i imagine she'll be back for an arc of her own. this whole appearence of miyu shirou seems to be too small for all his hype
Sep 15, 2016 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

You misssed the point of the video.

To gain views and get money?
To create more "funny maymays"?
To shit on otherwise very legitimate season?

The dude';s first few vids were, funny, but his shtick ran old years ago.

This episode was shit and there's nothing funny about it. I wish it was funny but it is not. Especially not when this episode being so shit is used as a chance to attack the rest of the show. Especially all the hypocrites who use this SINGLE episode as an example of "why Ufo is so based" and shit and people who decided to make money off this disaster by making videos about it shitting on the studio overall. Somehow a single episode is an end of the world and dooms SL forever. Yet 26 freaking shitty episodes "were still the best ufo could do, dont hate ont hem :("

There's nothing funny about this. Nothing meme about this. Just a legitimately incomprehensibly shockingly shitty episode which feels like it was animated in some alternate reality were SL did NOT deliver three seasons of very consistent and great show. Did Type Moon Pull a Bethesda? Did SL animators ran out of time or budget? Was this production mistake or WHAT? How does this shit even happen is the only thing that is interesting about this.

When you transcend everything and you become a living joke

Take your pills.
Stop taking everything so seriously
Try to have some fun

Oh wait, I thought I was talking to a user that can be reasoned with.
Sep 15, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
this episode....it was fun to watch. it def felt like they shoved quite a bit into it though. i would think that Sakura would have gotten much much longer screentime. i imagine she'll be back for an arc of her own. this whole appearence of miyu shirou seems to be too small for all his hype

This is just a small taste. The next arc is where the real hype comes from, which also features Sakura BTW.
Sep 15, 2016 2:11 PM
Apr 2011
I am surprised people are only complaining of quality now. I've been crying since episode 3. The Gilgamesh vs Angelica fight was so underwhelming in intensity compared to the manga. Couldn't even feel Gil's anger. In the manga, he literally

It looks like it's page for page, but it is missing intensity. I will admit that the anime scene where he used Enkidu to reach into the Gates and pull out the weaponry was well animated, but other than that...

I mean, his expression was well done too, but it's missing the buildup, which was his expression while laughing, that face

trannon1Sep 15, 2016 2:17 PM
Sep 15, 2016 2:30 PM
Apr 2011
FlareKnight said:
ssjokg said:
Wanting good directing, pacing, animation and....well a good ep is being overly picky and annoying.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

That's not something a fanbase should care about but all viewers in general.But no, lets be triggered about the fans asking for what should have been the norm..

5 mins on Namek was a ton of eps.
There is nothing to prove in those pics.

I tend to agree. I don't think it's anything like being overly picky to note when the show falls short of its own standards. This show has managed to deliver during the big last fights in a series. Delivered against Berserker in season 1, delivered against Bazett (the whole thing) in season 2, delivered against Gilgamesh in season 3. Fell short here.

There was a lot of quality issues. From the big stuff down to small errors like Miyu...flying beside Illya instead of standing on her mana footholds. Miyu can't fly SL.

Honestly to fix it for the BD....they'd have redo the whole episode. Of course maybe they do. Maybe they find the time to get everyone they need and allocate the proper resources...but it's hard to bet on that. At least they probably know how many issues there were in this episode and will have the opportunity to fix it ahead of the BD. I doubt the response over there is any more forgiving. It was too far a departure from their normal level of work. I really do hope they fix as much as they can for the BD. After all if they get it right there, then the show holds up much better long term.

At least the content and the story holds up and keeps it being a good episode. It falls hard on that visual perspective, but everything else is still good and enjoyable. Just too bad it wasn't an unbelievable episode which it could have been.

I think the issue shown within those two pictures is that where is the URGENCY of the situation being shown? They are literally fighting an army of Heroic Spirits which let alone 1 minute, they probably can't last 10 seconds. Yet their expressions were so calm. Where is the despair on their face that befits the situation? I expect Ilya to have vestiges of tears in her eyes. I expect Kuro to have a rapidly thinking face, trying to figure out what to do, not that. It's just common sense. Kuro's Rho Aias at the end conveyed her determination, and I liked that part, but not this bit.
Sep 15, 2016 2:41 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
Maloghurst said:

This is just a small taste. The next arc is where the real hype comes from, which also features Sakura BTW.
are we to see some Meltlillith action eventually?
Sep 15, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
astroprogs said:

i haven't played CCC, so i can't comment on that. I'll just give a harmless spoiler bout Shirou so you can get the picture.
Sep 15, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
Maloghurst said:

i haven't played CCC, so i can't comment on that. I'll just give a harmless spoiler bout Shirou so you can get the picture.
hmmmmmmm.

with the way this series has been handling lore i want to see how deep into it they're gonna dig. so you got this thing with the worlds mana being drained in the miyuverse. right there they could do things like segway itno the ausbury ritual and stuff like that. illiya and co with some guest allies going to battle against the likes of altrogue would be slick. or maybe they can do like type-moon complex and have hero team ups to take on Nvnqsr and Roa
Sep 15, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
astroprogs said:

hmmmmmmm.

with the way this series has been handling lore i want to see how deep into it they're gonna dig. so you got this thing with the worlds mana being drained in the miyuverse. right there they could do things like segway itno the ausbury ritual and stuff like that. illiya and co with some guest allies going to battle against the likes of altrogue would be slick. or maybe they can do like type-moon complex and have hero team ups to take on Nvnqsr and Roa

Reeeeally doubt Prillya would ever go that route. Why do you need to see Altrogue here, anyway? I'd be surprised if we didn't get to at least see her in the Tsuki remake.
Sep 15, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2008
Maloghurst said:
astroprogs said:

hmmmmmmm.

Yeah, no. Prisma is the last place I'd expect Altrouge to make an appearance, or any Dead Apostle Ancestor for that matter. They don't even belong in Fate.
Sep 15, 2016 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
Maloghurst said:
hmmmmmmm.

Reeeeally doubt Prillya would ever go that route. Why do you need to see Altrogue here, anyway? I'd be surprised if we didn't get to at least see her in the Tsuki remake.
i just wanna see some type-moon content to get out there not just fate. we got ourselves here a fanservicy series such as this they could go all out and give us phantasmoon!!
Sep 15, 2016 4:47 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
astroprogs said:

i just wanna see some type-moon content to get out there not just fate. we got ourselves here a fanservicy series such as this they could go all out and give us phantasmoon!!

Then why the hell aren't you playing Fate/Grand Order yet? Nasu literally said that GO is his gateway for truly connecting the entirety of the Nasuverse (Marvel style) and that he'll have every franchise in that universe connect via the Grand Order singularities.
So far, we got Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero and Prisma Illya in GO. Tsukihime, Mahoyo and pretty much every other installment making their appearance is just a matter of time.

Fate/Grand Order is probably the most importnt event happening in the Nasuverse right now that should be followed.
Sep 15, 2016 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
Maloghurst said:

Then why the hell aren't you playing Fate/Grand Order yet? Nasu literally said that GO is his gateway for truly connecting the entirety of the Nasuverse (Marvel style) nd that he'll have every franchise in that universe connect via the Grand Order singularities.
So far, we got Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero and Prisma Illya in GO. Tsukihime, Mahoyo and pretty much every other installment making their appearance is just a matter of time.
i tried to play it at one point......then i got banned....
Sep 15, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
astroprogs said:

Then why the hell aren't you playing Fate/Grand Order yet? Nasu literally said that GO is his gateway for truly connecting the entirety of the Nasuverse (Marvel style) nd that he'll have every franchise in that universe connect via the Grand Order singularities.
i tried to play it at one point......then i got banned....

Well, this sucks. Either way, if you want any non-Fate material right now and until Tsuki remake is released, GO is your only window.

It's kinda ironic lol. To get away from Fate, you'll have to embrace Fate.
astroprogsSep 15, 2016 5:01 PM
Sep 15, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2014
ShinsoPriest said:
Maloghurst said:
hmmmmmmm.

Yeah, no. Prisma is the last place I'd expect Altrouge to make an appearance, or any Dead Apostle Ancestor for that matter. They don't even belong in Fate.
this isnt even a typical fate series anyways. they've got an entire wellspring of stuff to draw from it's not like fate is confined to just fate.
Sep 15, 2016 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
Maloghurst said:
ShinsoPriest said:

this isnt even a typical fate series anyways. they've got an entire wellspring of stuff to draw from it's not like fate is confined to just fate.

It is confined unless explicitly stated to be a crossover like Carnival Phantasm. The most you'll get is an off hand mention of maybe Touko Aozaki and that's it.
Sep 15, 2016 5:23 PM
Jun 2013
Was running through the comments when I came across this:

Now, I've been primarily a watcher of the anime side of this part of the franchise, but has the manga always had Illya being more, uhmm... , "well endowed" as compared to the anime? Just wondering and curious, that's all!!
Sep 15, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Man i used to get so hyped up for the fights in Prisma season 1 had some real good moments... was kinda bummed by the lackluster animation this season Silver Link drop the ball on that had hopes this episode would look real good but the dreams dead now unless they pull through next week.

will at least say i didn't expect like some sort of Alter Sakura out of no where really thought this was the end as well, to use to them only doing 11 episodes
Sep 15, 2016 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
lfhoule said:
Was running through the comments when I came across this:

Now, I've been primarily a watcher of the anime side of this part of the franchise, but has the manga always had Illya being more, uhmm... , "well endowed" as compared to the anime? Just wondering and curious, that's all!!
The art style is definitely more gritty/detailed (as opposed to the clean and shiny look of the anime) and packs more "oomph" to it, especially when it comes to the action sequences.
Sep 15, 2016 6:53 PM

Mar 2015
sadpotato250 said:
An accurate representation of how I felt about the episode:

Lmfao, exactly me when I first read the posts here(I went here before watching the episode cause I already read the manga).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
VeryNicePerson said:
That episode was deplorable. Goodbye Illya, it was fun...

Gah, i wasn't ready for that gif.

Y'know what, i don't need this depressing shit. I'll just go back to play the happy and fun Prisma Illya event in Fate/Grand Order where none of this depressing shit from F/Z ever happens.

Sep 15, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2007
trannon1 said:
I am surprised people are only complaining of quality now. I've been crying since episode 3. The Gilgamesh vs Angelica fight was so underwhelming in intensity compared to the manga. Couldn't even feel Gil's anger. In the manga, he literally

It looks like it's page for page, but it is missing intensity. I will admit that the anime scene where he used Enkidu to reach into the Gates and pull out the weaponry was well animated, but other than that...

I mean, his expression was well done too, but it's missing the buildup, which was his expression while laughing, that face

That s not bad art. That's just different art style It still looked great
Absolutely NOBODY expected this for this to look identical to the manga because it is literally impossible.

This episode on other hand had outright bad animation and choreography.
Sep 16, 2016 12:21 AM

Feb 2016
J1m1s said:
I did make a small post criticizing the episode too but aren’t you guys taking this away too seriously ? I mean its fate/kaleid after all, a loli spin off……
It's true that is it a magical girl spin off but .. uh. mmm
Sep 16, 2016 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
J1m1s said:
I did make a small post criticizing the episode too but aren’t you guys taking this away too seriously ? I mean its fate/kaleid after all, a loli spin off……

1. There's no such thing as a spin off.
2. Prillya is the only good running nasuverse work.
3. Prillya is also the only good fate adaptation beyond Zero.

Expectations are according to that.
Sep 16, 2016 2:24 AM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
J1m1s said:

Expectations are according to that.

Xillya- said:
J1m1s said:
It's true that is it a magical girl spin off but .. uh. mmm

An edgy flashback arc doesn't redeem the previous arcs. If they ever adapt that it will be only three to four episodes before they return to the lolis.

Even the mangaka doesn’t want anyone to take this too seriously……

Also even if you think that it’s the only “perfect” adaptation (which is not saying a lot as even Toei can adapt perfect a manga when they want to, it’s not as hard as a vn or ln) it doesn’t elevate the quality of the source material. Even a “bad” adaptation of stay night is better imo.

If you guys can take this work seriously even with elementary school girls French kissing each other and dressing like strippers... more power to you. You are free to like whatever you want.
Personally I find it impossible.
Sep 16, 2016 2:32 AM

Feb 2009
>There's no such thing as a spin off.

スピンオフ = spin-off.

Translated version:

When even the author himself is saying that his work is a derivative and has different rules, then you should respect that.
Sep 16, 2016 2:38 AM

Jul 2007
J1m1s said:

An edgy flashback arc doesn't redeem the previous arcs. If they ever adapt that it will be only three to four episodes before they return to the lolis.

There's nothing that needs redeeming. The rest of the show is right in line with rest of nasuverse.
Also - edgy - nice buzzwords m8.
Also even if you think that it’s the only “perfect” adaptation (which is not saying a lot as even Toei can adapt perfect a manga when they want to, it’s not as hard as a vn or ln) it doesn’t elevate the quality of the source material.

NO need to elevate. Its already the best nasuverse ever could be now. It has been brilliant for a long time and it has gone better and better.

If you guys can take this work seriously even with elementary school girls French kissing each other and dressing like strippers... more power to you. You are free to like whatever you want.

That's also hilarious when FSN has things like sex scenes.
At least they had the guts not to replace that with dumb cgi dolphins :^)

Its no better of an argument than linking that Tohsaka meme picture when trying to slander FSN.

Still a decent try at baiting tho.

Even a “bad” adaptation of stay night is better imo.

Then why is it that silverlink's prillya is the only good fate adaptation beyond zero and both FSN adaptations are complete trash?

belatkuro said:

When even the author himself is saying that his work is a derivative and has different rules, then you should respect that.

should I link the interview where nasu jokes how prillya is true illya route? You know the one where everybody and their mother goes "oh what a funny guy cracking jokes"?

This hypocrisy of taking one joke with straight face seriously and taking other joke as a joke has stopped being hilarious long time ago.

All that pic means is that Hiroyama is aware of people picking apart details and pokes some good fun at himself and his work. It is not some official statement on teh work's canon-status. Its japanese humility and humor.

Its also very convenient that people like that just happen to post same thing in droves, as if it was planned :)
AhenshihaelSep 16, 2016 2:48 AM
Sep 16, 2016 4:08 AM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
Its also very convenient that people like that just happen to post same thing in droves, as if it was planned :)

No it wasn't planned. It just happened because a big portion (I think most people actually) of the fandom views kaleid that way. Even if you deny it.

I can’t help but be impressed with the away you completely dismiss other people’s opinions and present yours as facts.

It’s amazing how the anime community (me included) has become so desensitized by all that Japanese trash culture that we have consumed that we manage to watch something as filthy as this and defend it with a straight face(even if 3rei is more tame than the previous seasons) . It’s amazing really.
Sep 16, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
astroprogs said:
VeryNicePerson said:
That episode was deplorable. Goodbye Illya, it was fun...

Y'know what, i don't need this depressing shit. I'll just go back to play the happy and fun Prisma Illya event in Fate/Grand Order where none of this depressing shit from F/Z ever happens.

VeryNicePersonSep 16, 2016 4:39 AM
Sep 16, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2010
VeryNicePerson said:
astroprogs said:

astroprogsSep 16, 2016 4:43 AM
Sep 16, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2007
And now this thread is invaded by FGO offtopic .
This is officially worst thread on 3rei subforums now.

J1m1s said:
No it wasn't planned. It just happened because a big portion (I think most people actually) of the fandom views I view kaleid that way. Even if you deny it.

I took my time to fix your post for you. Plural versus singular can be very confusing.
Sep 16, 2016 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
astroprogs said:
VeryNicePerson said:

In any case, thanks a lot.

Fai said:
And now this thread is invaded by FGO offtopic .

Gomenasai, my fault.
VeryNicePersonSep 16, 2016 6:13 AM
Sep 16, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2013
Now that was underwhelming. I initially picked up the manga because of the events that were covered in this episode so needless to say I was hyped for this ;_;

I really hope they fix the art and animation in the BD release.

Still better than Toei though. Shut up, taking shots at Toei is always relevant.
Sep 16, 2016 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was really good
Sep 16, 2016 7:09 AM

Mar 2015
Fai said:

You can defend the show however you like but this show still classifies as a spin off
Fai said:

2 and 3 are debatable but I sorta agree with point 3 about the adaptation part. As an adaptation, the prillya series has been pretty on point, only changing/removing stuff that won't affect the story(aside from 2wei hertz's 2nd half of last episode and 1st half of 1st episode of 3rei. It's understandable that they couldn't reproduce the manga's beautiful art, it's just impossible on a series(it's even a miracle that we've had 4 whole seasons already) like this, but the animation, choreography, music(EMIYA remix specifically), and a lot more were just lacking this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
MightyM16 said:

SL did a good job with them before even with their focus on the fanservice why couldn't they just reorganize their people, time and material to give the fans something of a higher quality? I believe you already know that "budget" isn't exactly a problem here

And what impact does this have on the merchandise? Do you see any Miyu Shirou plush being sold? Was Miyu Shirou part of th 3rei event in F/GO?

They are related but just because there was a temporary change in the mange doesn't means the merchandise did change. The loli centered merchandise is what gives Prisma the profits it needs to keep going

Because they had more time. The previous seasons were 10 episodes each, this wasn't. ufo takes 2-3 seasons to prepare for Fate. SL does more than a single series almost every season. Why ufo can afford to do this, but not SL, is because Prillya won't sell 30K sets on its opening week. If SL wanted 3rei to look the best, they could've cancelled a show in the previous season to be ahead of the schedule, but Prillya's profitability simply won't cover for two seasons of work.
Different projects (AKA different profitability projections) require different scheduling and level of care.
Also, resources =/= budget. Resources also include time that could be spent on other projects and man power.

The manga sales went up. The merchandise would sell either way. F/GO's event was for all of Prillya, not just 3rei. It had 3rei in the title because of cross marketing.

A change from 2012 to 2016 (and counting) can't be called a temporary change. The entirety of 3rei is extremely light on fanservice if you compare it to the previous manga publications/anime seasons. 3rei didn't start being light on the fanservice just with the latest arc. It has been doing it for 4 years now.

I can't help but laugh when people say 3rei is light on fanservice

Please

Have you actually read the series? Have you watched the anime? The flashback arc doesn't even makes up for half of 3rei and even so the anime/manga still has a lot of fanservice.

The fact that SL couldn't handle their own time is ultimately their own fault, be it because they couldn't keep up with demand or that they are relativel a small studio, stop trying to assume things in order to deflect their blame. Based on their work on 3rei (which they should have known that it would need a more careful organization), I wouldn't give them any main F/SN route

If Miyuverse Shirou was that relevant they would have included in the flagship Prisma Illya event in F/GO in some form but guess what? He isn't more relevant than the lolis and the other girls, Prisma functionally isn't his story no matter how much you guys keep memeing about him hijacking it

I mean, I love the character as much as you guys do, but I don't delude mysself in thinking that he is the main reason Prisma is around a long as it is

I don't know why you said "counting" btw, the flashback arc is already over

Also do you have any source on the manga sales going up?

zhaoyun99 said:

The reason Miyuverse Shirou didn't have any merchandise because of the sheer fact that it would spoil the anime and it will be no longer the selling point of 3rei.

Did you realize that the rating and the sales of the manga skyrocketed after chapter 23? If it wasn't selling, Hiro would have been going back to the loli fanservice a long time ago. Guess what? A whole year and a month dedicated to Miyuverse Shirou and the manga sales increase tremendously just by seeing this cover

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/c/c1/Prisma_alter_shirou2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160520060516

So don't tell me that he didn't sell. He alone kept the series alive since chapter 23 and this is the monthly release. Guess how long did Miyuverse Shirou do for Fate Kaleid?

I'm not saying people (and Fate fans) didn't enjoyed Shirou's little arc but it's very clear to anyone what is Prisma appeal, and that is lolis

The excuse you gave to the "lack of merchandise" is weak, it's not like spoilers are a good reason. Mot Shirou related merchandis is F/SN oriented because that is his mot known version, Prisma's merchandise has a main focus on the lolis, that's just how it managed to stay afloat even after less than impressive BD sales
Sep 16, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
Fai said:
Oh wow, going by like 50 collapsed posts I guess the trolls finally set upon this. Oh well.Ignore lists are the best.

That's why its so weird. The rest of 3rei was pretty much PERFECT. I tblows my mind that this episode was possible. Going from previous two episodes which literally were the best of prillya to this feels so jarring. The start of 3rei adaptation was pretty much PERFECTLY eveyrthing I wanted out of it. There were some dips in animation here and there and some understandable cutting of less needed content, but it was perfect. Then everything after Illya doll arc was pretty much even better than expected. And then this episode happens?

It really feels like they either ran out of budget, or there was some production issues OR there was some executive meddling/sabotage going on.

Ufo also had that aniplex money and there's no doubt that ufoubw was financed as an advert for FGO.

Why not?

They showed they can do the designs and tone right.
They showed that they can do monologues right.
They showed that they can do ost homages perfectly.
They showed that they can depict nasuverse fights without turning it into explosion fests.
The 3rei season showed that they know how to cut the material properly(baring this episode)
They showed they can do character relationships right without dumbing it down to "they got to hold hands by the end!"
They showed that they do not shy away from more sexual parts of the story.

Given enough budget, that's pretty much the only studio, apart from maybe shaft(albeit I'd want shaft tsukihime more), that I would expect to do it justice. Shaft and SL are the only studios who bother explaining lore or doing monologues or actually adapting more wordy content instead of skipping it and replacing it with explosions.

This episode being bad still does not change that Silverlink is the only studio to have done fate franchise justice(I don't count Zero because without proper FSN it loses it's value). They have proven that given enough time and money they can be unrivaled.

You don't need a budget to make FSN a good show. It is not something that should rely on fighting. In this case its quite clear that TM is shafting prillya and putting all the money in more shallow experiences in terms of funding. God forbid this would catch on onto mainstream popularity more than their recent lackluster efforts elsewhere and their slotmachines.

One punch Man had an average budget that wasn't even like Fate/Zero and UBW but had basically on par with ufo in term of animation quality. Also, you are telling me the past episode was PERFECT?

http://oi67.tinypic.com/scuqzn.jpg

Look AT THIS SHIT from Yggarasil post.

Also, Darius first battle was like RUSHED AS FUCK and they even cut the baddass announcement of the 6th Holy grail war.

They even skipped Gilgamesh's Monologue during his rescue of Miyuverse Shirou which added more ironic situation of the original rescue the faker.

I was holding on my disappointment for this episode but for them to FUCK THIS UP DAT BAD. I had to rewatch it and made a comparison from the past episode.

And here, LOOK AT ANOTHER OF THIS SHIT

http://h.mhcdn.net/store/manga/12152/011.0/compressed/l003rei011_027-028.jpg?v=1380176821

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK? How dare they skipped the most baddass scene of Darius?

Fai is a completely delusional SL fanboy, let him drown in his own denial alone
Sep 16, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

Because they had more time. The previous seasons were 10 episodes each, this wasn't. ufo takes 2-3 seasons to prepare for Fate. SL does more than a single series almost every season. Why ufo can afford to do this, but not SL, is because Prillya won't sell 30K sets on its opening week. If SL wanted 3rei to look the best, they could've cancelled a show in the previous season to be ahead of the schedule, but Prillya's profitability simply won't cover for two seasons of work.
Different projects (AKA different profitability projections) require different scheduling and level of care.
Also, resources =/= budget. Resources also include time that could be spent on other projects and man power.

The manga sales went up. The merchandise would sell either way. F/GO's event was for all of Prillya, not just 3rei. It had 3rei in the title because of cross marketing.

A change from 2012 to 2016 (and counting) can't be called a temporary change. The entirety of 3rei is extremely light on fanservice if you compare it to the previous manga publications/anime seasons. 3rei didn't start being light on the fanservice just with the latest arc. It has been doing it for 4 years now.

Please

Have you actually read the series? Have you watched the anime? The flashback arc doesn't even makes up for half of 3rei and even so the anime/manga still has a lot of fanservice.

The fact that SL couldn't handle their own time is ultimately their own fault, be it because they couldn't keep up with demand or that they are relativel a small studio, stop trying to assume things in order to deflect their blame. Based on their work on 3rei (which they should have known that it would need a more careful organization), I wouldn't give them any main F/SN route

If Miyuverse Shirou was that relevant they would have included in the flagship Prisma Illya event in F/GO in some form but guess what? He isn't more relevant than the lolis and the other girls, Prisma functionally isn't his story no matter how much you guys keep memeing about him hijacking it

I mean, I love the character as much as you guys do, but I don't delude mysself in thinking that he is the main reason Prisma is around a long as it is

zhaoyun99 said:

The reason Miyuverse Shirou didn't have any merchandise because of the sheer fact that it would spoil the anime and it will be no longer the selling point of 3rei.

Did you realize that the rating and the sales of the manga skyrocketed after chapter 23? If it wasn't selling, Hiro would have been going back to the loli fanservice a long time ago. Guess what? A whole year and a month dedicated to Miyuverse Shirou and the manga sales increase tremendously just by seeing this cover

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/c/c1/Prisma_alter_shirou2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160520060516

So don't tell me that he didn't sell. He alone kept the series alive since chapter 23 and this is the monthly release. Guess how long did Miyuverse Shirou do for Fate Kaleid?

I'm not saying people (and Fate fans) didn't enjoyed Shirou's little arc but it's very clear to anyone what is Prisma appeal, and that is lolis

The excuse you gave to the "lack of merchandise" is weak, it's not like spoilers are a good reason. Mot Shirou related merchandis is F/SN oriented because that is his mot known version, Prisma's merchandise has a main focus on the lolis, that's just how it managed to stay afloat even after less than impressive BD sales

That wasn't weak but factual. Miyuverse Shirou made a lot of money for the manga sales but they can't risk for the spoiler of the anime since it was a HUGE plot twist. That was the standard procedure. Not an argument. All of the merchandise appeared AFTER the said character showed up in the anime. If that was the case, you would see tons of Tate no Yuusha official (not fanmade) merchandise out there already. But nothing release yet despite its huge popularity. You can search of the figurine and you will see none of them. Do your homework first, dude.
Sep 16, 2016 8:39 AM

Aug 2009
MightyM16 said:

Fai is a completely delusional SL fanboy, let him drown in his own denial alone
I want an AO ending/the end of the series just to see his breakdown.

And you heard it here everyone. Disagreeing with Fai makes you part of a specific group that exists just to attack him.
#Catlivesmatter
Sep 16, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Just got around to watching it today, and well... It's as bad as everyone has been saying.

Silver Link, you fucked up.

Animation was easily the worst animated episode of this entire season next to Qualidea Code's notoriously bad animation. The soundtrack was utter shit- that was the WEAKEST Emiya rendition in all of history. And the rest of the soundtrack is more typical ambient mahou shoujo generic beats. I was hoping they would at least put out better music for the biggest battle in the Prisma Ilya series but apparently they just don't care. This episode proves to me that Silver Link is just simply not capable of adapting something well if their season goes over 10 episodes.

I'm not going even going to go into detail about how badly adapted and rushed the whole thing was. We should have gotten Berserker Sakura as a cliffhanger, not in the middle.

2/5 overall. I'm refraining from giving it lower than that simply because the source material is so good and because even though it was animated by a child and the soundtrack amounted to randomly hitting buttons on Skrillex's keyboard, the events that take place in the Crater Battle part of 3rei are significant enough to where even this horrible adaptation can still score above a 1.

tl;dr- Silver Link has been solid so far but really dropped the ball here. Badly. Badly enough to erase all the good they've done because this is THE biggest part of 3rei outside of the flashback arc.

Hopefully Shaft does a better job next year with Fate/Extra.
Sep 16, 2016 2:48 PM

May 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Damn the derps in the art were real!!! Oh well at least the animation in some parts was nice. Esp loved the Shirou and Kuro combo with the EMIYA playing. That was hype!

Sakura's scenes were fun. I remember all this being way more hype in the manga tho :/
Pretty sure the amazing art in the manga is one of the main reasons

Some examples :3 The Gil scenes were spot on in the anime tho. His grins were epic

Hey thanks for the pics. The art of the manga is top notch, maybe i should read it.
I despise woke people.
Sep 16, 2016 3:28 PM

Oct 2015
Moekou said:
I think besides the lack of budget and missing key animators and staff (were they also missing the main composer?), the season was originally supposed to just be 10 episodes like always, but then someone, perhaps executives or some other higher ups, realized they wanted the next project to just start and end with Shirou's backstory arc, and so tacked on 2 extra episodes to just rush through the rest of the content. This might be why the pacing and budget just went bonkers here. The budget was already spent on the regular 10 episodes and that could also explain why key staff inexplicably were scheduled to work on other anime at this critical time, if the anime was originally intended to have ended.

Just speculations.

It's pretty sad, right now the Prisma Ilya Collab Event is going on in Fate/Grand Order and even non-fans are praising how good the music in the series was in previous seasons, and I'm hearing them for hours on loops as I grind, and it just further reminds me of how disappointed I am with the music this episode too.

I feel this way, as well. I thought the end of Ep 10 would've made a good cliffhanger ending to 3rei. Had 3rei ended that way, SL can start off "3rei Herz" with Shirou fighting Angelica, and take the time to flesh out all the fight scenes. It will also be a good leadup to the Flashback arc since Shirou is the centerpiece character of that arc.

Instead, we have... this.
Sep 16, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2011
Fai said:
they could literally have ended it with Sakuralot. Or had 13 episodes total.

P much this, though from the looks of it, it mean's we're going to get a real focus on the flashback arc since they are adamant about ending it at the start of it once we do get there.
Sep 16, 2016 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
VeryNicePerson said:

In any case, thanks a lot.

I'll move this conversation to the F/GO club, if you don't mind since it's getting off-topic.

MightyM16 said:

Please

Mighty, are you responding to me? Half of your post is replying to things i never said.

First, i literally said: "The entirety of 3rei is extremely light on fanservice if you compare it to the previous manga publications/anime seasons."
That's an objective fact.

Second, when the hell did i ever defend SL for fucking up this episode? Did you read any of my posts in this thread?
My whole point wasn't about this episode. My point was that dealing with different series necessitates different scheduling and care.
You don't know how SL would deal with F/SN because they never handled such a high profile project before. The SHAFT that made Zetsubou-Sensei and Arakawa Under the Bridge is the same SHAFT that made Madoka, you know.
Saying that SL can't handle F/SN is premature at best. There are reasons as to why i think SL's style doesn't match F/SN, but visual prowess is certainly not one of them.

I said "counting" because we don't know when the next fanservice scene will be when the last one was in chapter 9 and now we're at chapter 43.

Third, When the hell did i say that 3rei is Shirou's story or that he can even qualify as a main character in it? Why are you putting words in my mouth?
Shirou didn't make it into the event because it's a Prillya event, not a 3rei one, evident by featuring both Kaleid Ruby and Kaleid Sapphire and the story, where none of these elements has absolutely anything to do with 3rei. Tanaka and Angelica only mde it in because of fanservice. F/GO's reputtion as a waifu simulator game isn't for show. Unless the male chraacter is a main character, he won't be featured in a limited time event when they could get more waifus in.

The manga sales going up was something i saw on BL some time go. I can't be bothered to spend time searching for it, so discard this point if you want.
astroprogsSep 16, 2016 4:40 PM
Sep 16, 2016 5:34 PM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:

That wasn't weak but factual. Miyuverse Shirou made a lot of money for the manga sales but they can't risk for the spoiler of the anime since it was a HUGE plot twist. That was the standard procedure. Not an argument. All of the merchandise appeared AFTER the said character showed up in the anime. If that was the case, you would see tons of Tate no Yuusha official (not fanmade) merchandise out there already. But nothing release yet despite its huge popularity. You can search of the figurine and you will see none of them. Do your homework first, dude.

Do you honestly think Prisma's main appeal in Japan will suddenly change to be Miyuverse Shirou after this season is complete?

Especially after the QUALITY in this episode truly showed how much SL cared about it?

Also I keep seeing people say that Shirou's little arc made a lot of money but I still haven't seen any credible source

Anyway, it was obvious who he is since episode 3, he appears in the opening and etc. If he was indeed one of the biggest drives for Prisma in Japan, you'd think he would appear in some shape or form in the F/GO event...but guess what, he didn't

Understand, I'm not saying that Shirou's arc was bad just that Prisma's main selling point isn't Shirou and this won't change even if his arc is animated
Sep 16, 2016 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
astroprogs said:
I said "counting" because we don't know when the next fanservice scene will be when the last one was in chapter 9 and now we're at chapter 43.
Actually last one was in chapter 30.

As far as I know anyway, I haven't been keeping up with the manga.
Sep 16, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:

First, i literally said: "The entirety of 3rei is extremely light on fanservice if you compare it to the previous manga publications/anime seasons."
That's an objective fact.

I wouldn't say so honestly. Whenever they have downtime, there is a little bit of fanservice involved and when they are fighting, you always have things like major clothing damage being involved in one way or another. Miyu's whole captive princess shtick also had a lot of innuendo

I had the same opinion as you sometime before but after reading 3rei again recently I have to say that while there isn't as many loli yuri kisses, the quantity of fanservice remained stable until Shirou's little arc. I think people generally get the impression that there is les fanservice because 3rei has more plot which is understandable

So yeah I might have misinterpreted you a little at first but I still don't agree with your statement completely

Second, when the hell did i ever defend SL for fucking up this episode? Did you read any of my posts in this thread?

I never said that I believe, but I mean aren't you defending SL's capacity to animate one VN route? I'm merely defending the point that I don't think they are capable

My whole point wasn't about this episode. My point was that dealing with different series necessitates different scheduling and care. You don't know how SL would deal with F/SN because they never handled such a high profile project before. The SHAFT that made Zetsubou-Sensei and Arakawa Under the Bridge is the same SHAFT that made Madoka, you know.

I kind of agree somewhat but here you are doing the same thing you said that I was doing. You're assuming

On the other hand I'm just basing myself from their current work. If they can't handle a work like 3rei why should I think that they can handle one of the VN's routes?

Saying that SL can't handle F/SN is premature at best. There are reasons as to why i think SL's style doesn't match F/SN, but visual prowess is certainly not one of them.

And here you are, making assumptions again

I'm just saying that, based on their work on 3rei, I wouldn't trust them with any VN route

Chapter 9? Do you only count yuri kisses as fanservice? After the huge battle, Shirou's reveal and before the flashback arc, both Kuro and Illya ended up taking a bath together in Shirou's house in a shot which is clearly meant to be fanservice oriented

Third, When the hell did i say that 3rei is Shirou's story or that he can even qualify as a main character in it? Why are you putting words in my mouth?

It's mostly a meme among some people in the fandom, I just chose to address it in my response to you because there are some people who actually believe it

Shirou didn't make it into the event because it's a Prillya event, not a 3rei one, evident by featuring both Kaleid Ruby and Kaleid Sapphire and the story, where none of these elements has absolutely anything to do with 3rei. Tanaka and Angelica only mde it in because of fanservice.

You're making excuses now. It has 3rei in it's name which is why it's featuring 3rei characters like Angelica and Tanaka, they could have put Shirou in a CE since he was featured in the opening and in one of the earlier episodes

Some people were expecting before the event launched so don't give the "it was obvious that he wouldn't appear" thing

F/GO's reputtion as a waifu simulator game isn't for show. Unless the male chraacter is a main character, he won't be featured in a limited time event when they could get more waifus in.

F/GO has more male servants than female ones, funnily enough.

And I'm not saying Miyuvere Shirou needed to be a servant, if they really wanted, they could've made him into a CE

The manga sales going up was something i saw on BL some time go. I can't be bothered to spend time searching for it, so discard this point if you want.

Sure, then I'll just ignore it

I always see people using this point but they never can defend it
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.