Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 30, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2014
A strong continuation of a great series.

There's a hilarious search for Hawk (why was he running, anyway); Ban and Meliodas prepare to settle their grievances; the bond between Meliodas and Elizabeth grows even stronger; and Meliodas may have committed an unforgivable sin that will turn everyone against him.

I'm hooked. Bring on the next episode.

5/5
Aug 30, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Well an interesting watch indeed... I just wished he got to see all other sins as well
Aug 30, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
larryy said:
So, I'm a little confused; when meliodas was talking to the "goddess" through the Horn of Cernunnos and the horn is a relic used to communicate with the goddess clan however, the "Godess" who is speaking through the horn says something that is rather intriguing, while stating to meliodas that no one would ever be his friend 1 sentence in particular caught my attention, she says; "and even with our own race, the majin.."
So, the horn is a relic used to communicate with the Goddess clan and so if she truly is a goddess then would someone care to explain to me why she called her own race the "majin"? majin = Demon clan.

Yeah, I noticed and am curious about that, too...maybe whoever said it's a relic of the Goddess clan was lying?

HeyItsHeeynaaah said:
Dreyfus is alive?

Well, he is. He survived somehow, as he was supposed to. Don't know how they're going to explain it in the anime, though...
Aug 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
Meliodas is 3,000 years old and he's a majin.
I wonder why is Elizabeth so important.
Since when can Diane change her size?
Aug 30, 2016 11:25 AM
Aug 2016
Ulquiorra said:

She can't. Her size decreased because Merlin gave her some pills.
Aug 30, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
It felt like a filler, only the ending had some nice connection with the upcoming plot.
Aug 30, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT.

This episode had everything that made me love NNT from the very start!!
And Ban being all shady and grim didn't even bother me at all because I understood the feelings in his heart!! I just love how this series carries you right along and never lets you get lost!! It's so comfortable!!
Seeing everyone playing together, especially with Gilthunder and Hauser, made me SO happy because we didn't get to see much of that in the first season!!
I love the OP animation and I love the ED music.
I forget why Hawk is so tiny now. I know he got wrecked in the final battle but why's he so tiny??

I love NNT and I was bouncing up and down from start to finish of this episode.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE.
I hope NNT becomes one of those anime classics that everyone HAS to watch cause this show is legendary, Meliodas and all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2016 2:04 PM
Aug 2016
I don't get why some people keep whining about the special, because it's a filler and stuff. It was shown since the beggining that it is an original story. Anyway, i can't see where this is gonna go, i mean, i guess it's supposed to fix that season 1 crappy ending? Because even though it's an original story, a lot of things related to the manga appeared, mostly in the opening and ending. So, i'm having a hard time guessing what path Nakaba wants to go with that.
Aug 30, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Glad to see the crew again. Mostly filler but still pretty funny.

Was I the only one who got the feeling that Ban felt pretty damn desperate (and despressed) this episode?
Aug 30, 2016 5:20 PM
Apr 2016
I've been waiting for this ever since they announced it. This was more of a lighthearted episode, but the ending makes me even more curious about Meliodas and his past. I wasn't planning on reading the manga, but I might just have to start after seeing this
Aug 31, 2016 1:54 AM
Jul 2014
cherryblossom519 said:
I've been waiting for this ever since they announced it. This was more of a lighthearted episode, but the ending makes me even more curious about Meliodas and his past. I wasn't planning on reading the manga, but I might just have to start after seeing this

Do it! The manga is great.
Aug 31, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
brainJACKED said:
Ulquiorra said:

She can't. Her size decreased because Merlin gave her some pills.

Thanks for the info, I don't remember hearing about this in the anime and the OVA.
Aug 31, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
This episode had some hints towards future events – Meliodas did something pretty bad and doesn't want anyone to know about it, he is going on a journey or something, and there was a flying arm. The rest of the happenings in this episode were all random shenanigans which were of no importance. It was a bit amusing though. That pig though, going places and seeing things every man dreams of in their private time... Ban and Meliodas are going to fight each other as promised soon which should be cool.

Also, why is Elizabeth still wearing those clothes? She's back in the castle now so shouldn't she be wearing new clothes everyday? I mean, she's a princess so obviously she has a whole wardrobe with more and better clothes than that revealing outfit Meliodas gave her. Or maybe she likes wearing clothes like that. Or could be it's because Meliodas gave those clothes to her that she's wearing them. Or it could be laziness on the staff's part. But she should really go for a change of clothes.
Aug 31, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
So excited to c the whole gang...
I really enjoy the light fluffy fun. Love how captain always locked himself between Elizabeth's legs 😂
Aug 31, 2016 10:45 AM

Nov 2014
So definitely a filler with the Hawk chase but it got more serious toward the end
Hi there
Aug 31, 2016 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
Very happy to see this back! I really missed it!
I wish it was longer than four episodes, but ill take what i can get and hope it gets a full 2nd season soon.
Aug 31, 2016 11:28 PM

Sep 2015
It was pretty good. Disappointed that 85% of it was filler and there was not much plot progression. Still It's great to see the sins again, opefully next week will be better.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 1, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2016
I'm glad they finally released this after waiting so long, but the first ep was pretty much just them goofing off trying to find hawk for no reason. It was a fun enough filler episode, but not what I was expecting. It felt more like a bonus ep or OVA than a normal ep. If you're only doing 4 eps, either they're all going to be light like this or you're going to really have to cram some stuff in there. I wouldn't have any problem at all if this was the first of a standard 12 ep run or even another 24. but with only 4 it just felt like too much time was wasted.
Sep 1, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
Mugi__nZk said:
Tacoo said:

it's pg-13 i'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's doing.

we are not talking about the fanservice, you know.

lol did the words "fanservice" ever come from me?
why don't you quit being a weeaboo for once and think outside the box.
Sep 1, 2016 1:46 PM
Aug 2015
Tacoo said:
Mugi__nZk said:

we are not talking about the fanservice, you know.

Well, I'm not willing to think about what you could mean if you are not straight
Sep 2, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2016
the fuck happened at the end lmao shit went 0 - 100 real fuckin quick
Sep 2, 2016 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
OP wasn't as good as the old ones but maybe I just need to watch it a few more times. It was nice seeing all the characters again. Especially King. He's my favorite.
Sep 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Jun 2014
Well, I thought this was pretty fun. Granted, the animation was pretty bad at parts, but it's not as bad as A-1's other projects this season (B-Project and Qualidea Code), so I'm not too mad about it. At least Ban was consistently on model. :D

Overall, this was a pretty fun episode. It could have done without Meliodas implanting himself near Elizabeth's nether regions, but the part where he was holding her by her legs was actually quite funny. I'm also liking all this foreshadowing to events that are going to happen, and I don't know too much about. XD

So it seems this four episode OVA is going to serve as a bridge between after the final battle and where the anime left off. That seems reasonable, especially since Meliodas vs. Ban is next episode. The hype train is ready!

The writers are also pushing the Diane x King ship really hard, which is actually surprising, as while I do really like them as a couple, it seems to be more for comedic reasons this time around.

One last thing; I think I heard Miyuki Sawashiro's voice come out of the Horn of Cernunnos. If it is her, YES!
Sep 5, 2016 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
omfg I missed so much 😭😭
Meliodes and the others catching hawk XD
omg with the horn. There's more to meliodas sin then??
Dreyfus omfg
Sep 6, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
Mugi__nZk said:
Tacoo said:

Well, I'm not willing to think about what you could mean if you are not straight

yeah because im sure everyone who is straight gets a hard on for animations.
you might need to see a shrink if you believe that.
Sep 6, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
Forum...the best and the most trusted place for me to clear any doubts..thanks to MAL that I can rest easy as my doubts get cleared for example Diane's height issue..

Sep 6, 2016 11:13 PM
Feb 2016
Hawk beats two holy knights! Why not?

Escanor was in the op. Which means somewhere in this 4 episodes, timeline will pass the season 1 finale.

Filler or not, it was fun. I am happy to see some ban vs meliodas because in season finale it looked like Ban gave up.
Sep 7, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is really good and is this just filler or canon?
Sep 8, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome!!! So....why are there only 4 episodes? I'm really hoping for more.
Sep 11, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2012
hmm i dont get it. why is Elizabeth so important again that she is the only reason for Meliodas to continue journeying??
Sep 17, 2016 2:21 AM

May 2016
I absolutely adore everything in this anime. I love it!

I'm glad that the second season started in a lighter note. It definitely helped me recollect on everything that happened.

It's nice to see them again. Those ecchi moments and superpowers were glorious~

Meliodiafu and Ban finally gonna settle things. Dreyfus is still alive...didn't see that coming.

Sep 22, 2016 7:02 PM

May 2014
Decent funny ep. I don't know if I am the only one, but sometimes I find Hawk extremely annoying. I understand that he wants the best for every part, but he put his nose in everyone business. I mean really?? What are you. The problems solver? But I love when he call people swines. LOL, that's the best thing about him.

The pork eating joke have been used way too much imo. It's still funny, but I think it's best if they find a new joke.
Sep 24, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely to see this series again even if it's just 4 episodes! Still loving the atmosphere and characters! Looking forward to see what these episodes have to add to the overall story and in hopes that it will be a bridge for a next season!
Sep 30, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
The first part looks like a filler but it's quite entertaining~ Nice to see a smiling Gil XD

Whoa I wonder what Merlin is going to do with that grey demon...nothing too dangerous i hope..

Meliodas destroyed the horn?! Isn't it a treasure or something? :O I hope Ban knows that the horn was just lying to him... And I did think of it before, but to think that Meliodas have lived for more than 3000 years?! o___O Means he knew what happened in that great holy war 3000 years ago... And so this confirms he is part of the demon clan huh for some reason I thought he wasn't because he seems to be a half-born...?

That flying hand! Is it Hendrickson's??? And Dreyfus at the end! How is he alive?! Is he probably working with Hendrickson in some way if Hendrickson has a reason to do all those research on the demon clan?
Oct 1, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Let me guess, Merlin picked that dress for him? lol
Oct 4, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
Episode interim for 90%, it starts from where it had finished the first season, no problem in taking up the thread of the story. Unfortunately, the best comes only at the end, then, are not very satisfied overall. Drawings and animations, discreet.
Oct 4, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2015
Good to see everyone again! Rather casual episode with everyone hunting Hawk down but that bit at the end hints to something bigger
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 17, 2016 7:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
enjoying the day with my friends....a episode with nothing special, more looks a Ova promotional that a begining of a great adventure....6/10.
Oct 20, 2016 3:10 AM

Jul 2009
Super fan service episode...

Watching this made me think twice before starting a new full season (12-24 eps) of this...Meliodas behave really bothers me, he would be great if he didn't try to abuse of Elizabeth every damn episode...

F*ck King! I really ship Diane and Howzer.
Nov 4, 2016 11:46 PM

Sep 2015
Elizabeth now has embarassed reactions to Meliodas perverted acts (huge change) :0
7-53 poor Gilthunder
8-01 lol Hauser fainted
14-05 king lol boob groping Diana resulting in your nosebleed
Gilthunder feels so weird after end of season 1 because he's no longer the serious type(which he was pretending to be).
Nov 22, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
To be brutally honest I've forgotten so much about this show (until I watched this episode which brought back some memories) except Hawk. I love that damn pig so much I made him my forum avatar for about half a year. I won't forget how adorable he is. I swear I'm gonna buy me a pet pig someday.
Feb 18, 2017 8:21 PM

Dec 2016
Very good, lighthearted, and funny episode! I enjoyed it very much :)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 18, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2015
That bird was Hendrickson arm??? Also I didn't expect to see Dreyfus alive...
Apr 22, 2017 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
nice start of ep with celebration

May 15, 2017 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
It's nice to see Nanatsu no Tazai again after all this time. The new OP is really nice, I like it.

So we see at the beginning that the city is still damaged from the last fight and the people working to repair it as soon as possible. Elizabeth finds everyone except Meliodas and Ban drunk in the bar :D

Like Elizabeth I'm also not used to Hawks size, he's so tiny. Meliodas didn't change at all, still the little pervert as in the first season. I knew his dish wouldn't taste good, Gilthunder did good about to vomit everything out. Hauser looked like he was dead haha. It's cool to see Diane in normal size, might be one of Merlins potions who made this possible.

Because of Meliodas comment that he wants to cook with real pork Hawk thought he will get eaten and ran away. Seeing everyone searching was funny. They all wanted the wish Meliodas offered to the one who will find Hawk.

But that wasn't as easy as they thought it would be. After all they couldn't catch Hawk. Only Ban with his super delicious leftovers was able to entice Hawk.

Overall it was definitely more comedy in this episode, but I wonder about some things. The promise Meliodas gave Ban, I hope nothing bad will happen between them.

All these things at end holy shit. Meliodas was talking to the goddess clan voice Ban also talked to. Of course the goddess fooled Ban that they could revive Elaine if he kills Meliodas. Seeing Meliodas using his demon power and destroying the horn was pretty cool. He lives for 3000 years? :o

And then the other thing which happened. Was that really an arm flying in the air which this little boy saw? And how is Dreyfus alive? I don't understand this at all but I hope they will explain it.

Was a nice start, looking forward to see the next episode.

Natsu88May 15, 2017 5:11 PM

May 21, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
Everyone looked pretty cool in the OP with their suits on.

Pork Loin Illusion and Rolling Ham Attack, Hawk never ceases to make the most hilarious things happen xDD

Meliodas can suddenly control his demon power now?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 17, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2012
I forgot, was Meliodas randomly molesting Elizabeth ever supposed to be funny? Does he only want to protect her for her lovely assets?

Pretty funny episode, though. Kind of pushing the suspension of disbelief when our main cast of powerful characters is duped by a tiny pig.
Jul 21, 2017 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
Dat Erizabesu body!
LMAO at Meliodas all up in that skirt. That's the Meliodas we all know and love.
Dat Erizabesu booty cheek.
Dat Merlin.
Dat intermission. Dat Erizabesu outfit.
Meliodas between them legs!
SUGOI! DAT PANSTU! PUSSY...CAT! DEM BOOTY CHEEKS!
Dat Diane body.
Hawk going up that Diane body.
Dat oppai squeeze.
LMAO Was Hawk going along with the theme?
lol at Meliodas grabbing Hawk.
Meliodas is from the demon clan.

Good OP and ED songs. The beginning of the OP reminded me of Xam'd's OP. You don't know how bad I was hoping to hear that theme during the intro narration again. Dat Diane booty in the OP. Erizabesu and Diane looking so fine in dem dresses. Merlin being Merlin.
RobJul 22, 2017 3:28 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2017 4:38 AM

Mar 2016
hawk<3 <3
meliodass cooking sucks as always lol...
ban baddasss as always!
lucky king!!\( ̄ハ ̄)
dang gilthunder n howzer going all out hahaha

Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 28, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2015
Her boobs. :DDDDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

95 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 27, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

70 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:55 AM

» Only 4 ep why? What is this?

BestBoiEren - Mar 28, 2016

21 by gayanimeboi »»
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM

» Hawks on Arby's Twitter

JayHairston - Jul 18, 2017

0 by JayHairston »»
Jul 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.