Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 28, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the new OP song is awesome. Loved how they gave Meliodas and the others suits to wear in the intro! Very catchy choreography as well.

So glad to see Hawk back. I miss him. I have to admit, the first episode is more comedic and I think it's trying to get the main series' atmosphere back after the first season.

Very happy to see Ban again and he is still very badass :D
The ED theme song is alright.
Aug 28, 2016 2:31 AM

Nov 2007
It starts with fireworks at the kingdom and they are still nearby. His trip is not done yet.

OP is interesting and ED is pretty.

Princess is still in the castle and visits the pub often to work. lol @ most of the characters stays up in the pub. Suzuki-san's character vs. Sakamoto-san's character over that monster? lol @ how bad is little piggy meal. Searching for Little Piggy, who ran away, as the mission this time.

Manga CM by Hajime Shacho?! It's such a surprise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdULqnB0wk

Mamo's character calling it Pork instead of Hawk? He joined the competition because he felt guilty during the first encounter. It also shows triangle love between giant girl (who is shortened somehow) and two guys. While they chase for little piggy (not easy to catch), Mamo's character vs. Kimura-san's character? Suzuki-san's character cooked its meal because it came back by itself. KajiKaji's character remembers his promise of duel, which is next ep.

It's sort of like a confession when the princess asked if he's to travel again, will she be any of help. KajiKaji's character talking to that voice what she told Suzuki-san's character. According to what the voice said, he did something using his 7 sins power?

That guy who used to work for the enemy at the end...

The story page of the official site has synopsis to all 4 eps., and personally looks like compilation to short stories (as each ep. doesn't connect to each other, though it kind of does after watching first ep.) for this TV special.
tsubasaloverAug 30, 2016 9:57 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2016 4:39 AM
Aug 2016
tsubasalover said:
Giant girl (who is shortened somehow)

Diane was given a potion by Merlin so she could be shrunk while they fix her clothes after the battle

tsubasalover said:
That guy who used to work for the enemy at the end...

Yea, didn't expect to see Dreyfus at all
Aug 28, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
jtron24 said:
Diane was given a potion by Merlin so she could be shrunk while they fix her clothes after the battle
Ah, right. Didn't realize it could be possible to apply immediately.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
So it was mostly filler but isn't it a plothole that the Horn got destroyed? That never happened in the manga?
Aug 28, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2016
Nanatsu no Taizai hype!
This might actually make my decision to read the manga come true at last.

Mod edit:
Comment about subs removed.
AversaAug 28, 2016 11:09 AM

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 28, 2016 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Anyways, that OP definitely shows a scene or so that hypes us manga readers up.

Mod edit:
Comment to deleted posts removed.
AversaAug 28, 2016 11:05 AM
Aug 28, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2016
i want to see that :'(
Aug 28, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
It is good to see this show is back!

Everyone was trying to catch Hawk!
Aug 28, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
So glad to see the usual group in action again. How much I want to see the demon animated...Hopefully at the end of episode 4 they will release some annoucement about season 2.
Aug 28, 2016 11:10 AM
Dec 2014
Anyone no if Netflix is gonna pick this up as well? They usually stick to their shows as funi and crunchyroll haven't picked this up I figured it'll be out in a month on Netflix I hate waiting but o well
Aug 28, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

Troll posts and reactions to troll posts removed.
Off topic posts removed.
Posts asking for subs or that mention they are waiting for subs removed.

The episode discussion board is meant to discuss the episode it's not meant to talk about other anime.
Don't post in a episode thread before watching the episode, do not ask where to watch the episode and don't ask for subs or mention that you are still waiting on subs.
Stay on topic.
Aug 28, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
Mostly lighthearted fun in this episode. It's nice to see everyone back together having a good time, but the end of the episode suggests that something big is about to happen.

Also, I caught a glimpse of the
in the OP. Hopefully this means we'll get a proper season 2 someday.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2015
Fun episode containing flashbacks here and there. I'm really happy to see the crew and former enemies sharing time together. That Meliodas x Elizabeth moment towards the end was nice. Melodias is such the smooth talker. That ending was pretty cool.
Aug 28, 2016 5:23 PM
Jan 2015
There where some spoilers in the OP. Hopefully this means Season 2.
Aug 28, 2016 6:55 PM
Aug 2015
dicecop said:
So it was mostly filler but isn't it a plothole that the Horn got destroyed? That never happened in the manga?

it's actually the author himself who wrote these 4 episodes, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing.
Aug 28, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
Mugi__nZk said:
dicecop said:

it's actually the author himself who wrote these 4 episodes, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

it's pg-13 i'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's doing.
Aug 28, 2016 8:20 PM
Aug 2015
Tacoo said:
Mugi__nZk said:

it's pg-13 i'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's doing.

we are not talking about the fanservice, you know.
Aug 28, 2016 9:11 PM
Aug 2015
Finally another Nanatsu no Taizai episode! x)
New OP & ED are good as usual.. This Episode is fun but a bit weird at some moments..
Next episode another fight between Ban & Meliodas!! Hype! :D
Aug 28, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2010
4 episodes only and I thought it would be at standard movie length geh it feels short
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2015
The op is good! Really glad to see Hawk as well he's amazing!! Overall comedic episode.

Aug 28, 2016 10:17 PM
Jul 2015
where's is this airing? i can't find it on my usual site
Aug 28, 2016 10:57 PM

Dec 2013
I really hope we get to see some of this guy in this anime.
Aug 29, 2016 2:35 AM

Jan 2014
Loved the OP and the ed was cool too

finally nanatsu no taizai is back again :D

Aug 29, 2016 3:55 AM

Oct 2015
even if its a 4 ova im happy, missed Nanatsu no Taizai so much very funny episode, but things will get serious next episode epic battle incoming :D
PS: Runn hawk Run :)
Aug 29, 2016 8:26 AM
Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:
I really hope we get to see some of this guy in this anime.

everybody
put your hands up
Aug 29, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
Man the OP is so catchy both visually and the music~ Nice to see a certain old man there, and
excited! missed the cast in animated form~
Aug 29, 2016 11:52 AM
Apr 2014
I expected this to be super fillery and it is even though it's written by the mangaka himself, just fluff in between the ending of S1 and the start of S2. The manga didn't have Meliodas destroy the goddess horn so that's new, also Drefyus appearing at the end of the episode, surprise surprise he's not dead.
Btw the animation and visuals looked way better in this than season, S1 was full of derp and trash still shots.
G_Spark233 said:
I really hope we get to see some of this guy n this anime.

-Praise the sun-
What's with that hair color? too similar to King, not the same one as the manga.
I wonder if they have anything for him in these 4 episodes.
Aug 29, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
I enjoyed every single second of this episode <3
I was like THEY ARREEEE BAAACCCKKKKKK KYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA *SCREAMS*
The scene where Gil-boy was calling Hawku - Porku was hilarious hahahaha
Ara Ara~
Aug 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Sep 2015
Mmmh it was a filler, it could have been an OVA but nevermind, 3 episodes left
Like everyone said, the opening shows a lot of things suggesting a second season. And I hope so because tbh I lost track of the story in the manga around the beginning of the next arc

I have a slight preference for the ending tho
Aug 29, 2016 3:15 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sooo first 75% of the episode is basically filler, then suddenly all kinds of shit went down at the very end. Felt a bit weirdly directed like that but oh well

Still nice to see the cast back again at least
Aug 29, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Good to see so many familiar faces again. OP & ED song are good.
Bad idea to eat any of the food Meliodas makes.

Hawk is a lot harder to catch.
King grabbing Dianes's boobs. Must be feeling happy.

Meliodas destroying the Horn of Cernunnos.

Dreyfus at the end. He is still alive.
Ban vs Meliodas rematch next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 29, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2015
Yes, it's back again! Even though it's only for four episodes. Here's hoping for a second season.

Seems like this episode was mostly comedy, but it sure turned serious after it. Great episode. I enjoyed it a lot. It was great to see most of the cast and Hawk again XD. OP and ED were nice. That ending, though.

Aug 29, 2016 5:19 PM

Mar 2009
Is this a continuation of the first season, or just a side-story/spin-off?
Aug 29, 2016 5:29 PM
Dec 2015
So is it only streaming on Netflix again? I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.
Aug 29, 2016 6:38 PM

Mar 2008
Mormegil said:

It's definitely a continuation. I'd kind of call it a gap filler between the last season and an expected second season. Having a bit of fun with the cast, tying up some loose ends from last season, and setting up what is coming.
Aug 29, 2016 7:42 PM

Oct 2008
I'm very grateful that this series has a continuation...but why only 4 episodes!?
This show really needs to have a season 2!!
5/5!
matias067Aug 29, 2016 7:46 PM

Aug 29, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
Mugi__nZk said:
dicecop said:

I was going to ask about that. I was watching that bit, knowing it didn't happen in the manga, wondering if it had any connection or significance to the main story in any way...

Mormegil said:

Best way to describe it is "like the filler in a long-running anime". It's a side story/filler that continues on from the end of the 1st season.
Aug 29, 2016 8:39 PM

May 2012
Can't say I'm all too interested in this season, especially with the filler-like feel to it.

Wow, did they really give the sun god a cameo in the op? \[T]/

Can't say I'm feeling the op or ed either unlike the first season :L

Aug 29, 2016 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Good Opening...Loved the Suits...Lol Gowther tough....AND HAWK!!! X3 Ah how I Missed you...when you are not arrogant Piglet of course.

...Ah, so it is the Comedy before the Darkness Arrives....Well...have to agree with that....When THOSE Guys arrive so much for the Pure Happy Comedy Times.

Nice to see this Series Anime Version again....Howler and Gil tough...you were supposed to redeem your selves in eyes of the Citizen not destroy city with Powers! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 29, 2016 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
i'd like to have a season 2
Aug 29, 2016 11:13 PM
Jul 2016
So, I'm a little confused; when meliodas was talking to the "goddess" through the Horn of Cernunnos and the horn is a relic used to communicate with the goddess clan however, the "Godess" who is speaking through the horn says something that is rather intriguing, while stating to meliodas that no one would ever be his friend 1 sentence in particular caught my attention, she says; "and even with our own race, the majin.."
So, the horn is a relic used to communicate with the Goddess clan and so if she truly is a goddess then would someone care to explain to me why she called her own race the "majin"? majin = Demon clan.
Aug 29, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2010
oo I like the OP! Esp. the very first scene with all of them in dresses and posing

I hate Meliodas as much as ever, annoying with his disgusting habits. Diane looks as good as ever tho, I prefer her short ver.
Howzer is better for Diane. But ye me and my unpopular opinions.

Tbh all of Meliodas's actions make me hate him more. I hate his guts, so anything he does, I hate it, too.
Aug 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was definitely mostly filler, but that conversation through the Horn at the end kinda made it worth it, what with those little hints that seem to link into some very interesting stuff.
Aug 30, 2016 3:42 AM

Jun 2016
Been waiting for this since a while, really missed this anime :D

But why there is just 4 episodes? and is this the second season or what?
Aug 30, 2016 3:57 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty awesome that Taizai is finally back, I'll have to rewatch or rather read the manga so I can remember everything again.

Pretty fun episode, Hawk OP. xD

Meliodas vs Ban next episode, I don't recall what that giant thing Meliodas was speaking to was and what she did in terms of story. All the more reason for me to rewatch I guess.
Aug 30, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2014
this was so funny.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 30, 2016 6:25 AM
Dec 2015
Dreyfus is alive?
Aug 30, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
Finally no shitty Escanor to ruin everything.
Nice comedy first episode, was great to see best character Ban again.
Aug 30, 2016 6:49 AM
Dec 2015
I just noticed in the opening that gowther was wearing a dress and its so cute
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

95 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 27, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

70 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:55 AM

» Only 4 ep why? What is this?

BestBoiEren - Mar 28, 2016

21 by gayanimeboi »»
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM

» Hawks on Arby's Twitter

JayHairston - Jul 18, 2017

0 by JayHairston »»
Jul 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.