Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh the Skull Knight, been a long time since I've seen him.

And eh, Nina showed up as well. The suffering continues...at least she has Luca by her side. By this time, Luca realizes that Casca is also far from normal. Well there's her dark past so yeah..
TyrelJul 24, 2017 8:00 PM
Aug 5, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
ppl talk shit all you want, but i am enjoying this series.

i just cant get myself to read the manga, so this is entertaining me pretty well.
Aug 5, 2016 8:18 AM

Oct 2011
Decent episode. Could have prolonged the insanity of the orgy. Next week, they'll probably show it more in details.

Highlight of the episode: Farnesse's psychological dilemma.
For me, that's a strong point of this anime since the beginning and it's still is.

Luca is awesome as always.
Aug 5, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
ngl i didn't understand jack shit from this episode
Aug 5, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
It was a decent episode I guess, Toned down a lot explicit scenes from the manga and they skipped a fair amount of dialogue between Farnesse and Mozgus.

I must say Skull Knight looks cool even in CG.

Luca is awesome :3

Was the kid who was being threatened to be burned animated in 2D ? He definitely looked different compared to all the other 3D models. If so I can't believe they actually animated a random character in 2D. :|

Yeah, The scene with Farnesse in bed trying to reassure herself about her faith had a mintue detail changed, She was doing something completely different than just curling up :P
I felt her backstory was kinda rushed.
Lelouch0202Aug 5, 2016 8:44 AM
Aug 5, 2016 8:46 AM

Oct 2011
Lelouch0202 said:

Was the kid who was being threatened to be burned animated in 2D ? He definitely looked different compared to all the other 3D models. If so I can't believe they actually animated a random character in 2D. :|

Yeah, The scene with Farnesse in bed trying to reassure herself about her faith had a mintue detail changed, She was doing something completely different than just curling up :P

If you watch carefuly and listen, you'll notice that Farnese is totally touching herself.

Also, since last episodes: Main characters are animated in CG, secondary character are animated in 2D.
It's cheaper to create 3D models that will be reused more than once.
Aug 5, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
Only real hardcore devoted duds pray like Mozgus, falling face down 1000 times in the morning, middle of the day and night EVERY DAY. OPM's training ain't shit compared to this.

We even saw that boi Bapho Met with all those girls around his snake penis.

Skull Knight looks kinda plastic. And Guts arrives to their camp, you already know it all won't end well.
Aug 5, 2016 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
Teacher_Priest said:
Lelouch0202 said:

If you watch carefuly and listen, you'll notice that Farnese is totally touching herself.

Also, since last episodes: Main characters are animated in CG, secondary character are animated in 2D.
It's cheaper to create 3D models that will be reused more than once.

Yeah, I did notice the audio. Just that what they showed visually didn't match up. In the final part as the camera pans out you'll see she still has her trousers on completely which doesn't really fit considering what seemed to be implied.
Aug 5, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2010
jesus the art is absolute garbage this epispde..it stands out more than usually..just horrendous visuals. they rush the shit out of this. fuck this.
Aug 5, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I've found this show decent so far but, aside from the Skull Knight, this episode was terrible really. I'm guessing Goat Head is another one of the Apostles then, at least based on the Skull Knight's conversation with Guts?
Aug 5, 2016 9:42 AM
Mar 2016
Well I think the show is pulling itself together now, yes this episode seemed a bit rushed, but its the world of Guts,crazy things happen and the anime isnt going to be as in depth as in the manga, so if you want the whole orgy demon scene, go to the manga.

Cant get enough of the intro , best of the season
Aug 5, 2016 10:07 AM
Aug 2011
Lifeless, ugly, and lacking genitalia.
This must be the true origin of the titans in Shingeki.
Aug 5, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2015
That episode was pretty boring.

I understand the character development and the importance of it from the manga, but i still found myself bored. Hopefully there is less set up and more action in the next episode
Aug 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
I don't get this anime at all. In certain episodes the pacing, direction, CG, and action is decent or watchable. And then we got some episodes like this....
Aug 5, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah, I expected this episode to be all over the place. The pacing reads fine in the manga, but to literally translate it into anime isn't really a good idea.

The episode was just way too fast to even get what's going on if you don't know already.
Aug 5, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Yeah, I've found this show decent so far but, aside from the Skull Knight, this episode was terrible really. I'm guessing Goat Head is another one of the Apostles then, at least based on the Skull Knight's conversation with Guts?

Yeah, the goat is an apostle. Everything was just way too fast. even skull knight was speaking super fast.

Edit: I have been corrected and the goat man is not an apostle. It's been a while since I read that part
metadataAug 7, 2016 12:47 PM
Aug 5, 2016 11:25 AM
Dec 2012
Pacing was soo damn fast that even i who read the manga was lost.
Aug 5, 2016 11:32 AM
Apr 2013
I 100% love and approve of the lack of genitalia.
Full Nudity and No-nipples, pure and beautiful.
I'm not into fanservice too much, because they distract you from the main story. (Because most people only watch shit for the fanservice, which is stupid)

Awesome animation and designs too, I'm a fan of 3d animation. Some of you might complain about it, but that shit is hard to do and anyone who likes to complain should try it themselves.
Aug 5, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 2016
The horrendously inconsistent animation and the awkward transition between scenes makes it difficult to absorb and care about every scene
Aug 5, 2016 11:36 AM
Jul 2016
tygaar said:
I'm not into fanservice too much, because they distract you from the main story. (Because most people only watch shit for the fanservice, which is stupid)

Awesome animation and designs too, I'm a fan of 3d animation. Some of you might complain about it, but that shit is hard to do and anyone who likes to complain should try it themselves.

Fan service means to incorporate elements into a story purely to please the audience without serving any purpose to the story/characters, so by definition, the nudity in this ep wasn't fan service.
Aug 5, 2016 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's a testament to how good the manga and the story is, that such a clusterf**ck of an adaptation on all levels, can still manage to be entertaining.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 5, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Episode went by pretty quick, pretty okay episode.
Aug 5, 2016 11:45 AM
Dec 2012
tygaar said:

Making your shit come out standing is also hard....But no matter how hard it is..its still shit, there would be some retads defending it calling it 'modern art, kinda like you are doing now.'

According to your logic, next time you go to a mechanic to fix your car, and he does a very shitty job you shouldnt complain...after all, it is hard, and if you fell like complaining you should shut the fuck up and try doing it yourself.

Before you come up with the stupid logic of 'but i payed for the mechanic'....i also paid for the manga, old anime DVD's...And instead of a decent adaptation we got this shit.
Aug 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2015
I was reading the reviews, as I always do, reading that this episode was a step-back from the last 3 episodes, and that is what I expected. It turned out to be the opposite: I found it superior to episode 5. The first half was great in terms of pacing and storyline. The Skull knight was great as were the disciples & Mozgus' perspective. The graphics and music were calm and good too.
The story does feel diluted but this is inevitable when you adapt hundreds of chapters into a 12 episode anime (I believe it will be 12 not 24).
They did speed up the whole cave orgy scene, but I felt it was inevitable considering they had no time for more! Unfortunate but inevitable.
The spanking...A++++
The emotions of Casca when she was threatened...
The credits did come too quick...But OK, ignored that.
Jerome, Luca, Farnese...Great characters...The horror of Farnese's mind...Great again.

Verdict: 8/10 considering these circumstances.
IMHO and what I keep saying each episode...Is we are suffering from a format problem. A TV adapation which puts enormous plot points into 20 min episodes which makes it difficult for the studio to do anything, and still they somehow dont butcher the story.
3 movies or 12 longer 40 minutes episodes would have solved the problem.
Its sad but what can we do.
Aug 5, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2011
Yikes. That was absolutely horrendous in pretty much every way. I imagine people that haven't read the manga are completely lost at this point. Was cool to see Skull Knight though, and I like his Terminator looking model here better than how he looked in the movies.
Aug 5, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:
It's a testament to how good the manga and the story is, that such a clusterf**ck of an adaptation on all levels, can still manage to be entertaining.

As someone who doesn't read manga and actually enjoys this show because of the story and characters I might have to accept your statement and start reading the manga. Cuz let's be honest the visuals are horrible.
Aug 5, 2016 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Rekien said:
Making your shit come out standing is also hard....But no matter how hard it is..its still shit, there would be some retads defending it calling it 'modern art, kinda like you are doing now.'

According to your logic, next time you go to a mechanic to fix your car, and he does a very shitty job you shouldnt complain...after all, it is hard, and if you fell like complaining you should shut the fuck up and try doing it yourself.

Before you come up with the stupid logic of 'but i payed for the mechanic'....i also paid for the manga, old anime DVD's...And instead of a decent adaptation we got this shit.

guys that person's favorites list is basically all hentai (the comment gave me a chuckle so I just had to check)
idk but I have a strong feeling they were being highly sarcastic
Aug 5, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
I don't read the manga, but I feel like I understand a lot that's going on; Idk, I'll have to see next episode
Aug 5, 2016 12:16 PM
Apr 2013
Buck_Wade said:
tygaar said:

Fan service means to incorporate elements into a story purely to please the audience without serving any purpose to the story/characters, so by definition, the nudity in this ep wasn't fan service.

Exactly, I knew that. Thank you for understanding.
Aug 5, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2015
Kellhus said:
Yikes. That was absolutely horrendous in pretty much every way. I imagine people that haven't read the manga are completely lost at this point. Was cool to see Skull Knight though, and I like his Terminator looking model here better than how he looked in the movies.

Regardless how they would have done it, they could not explain the story properly with TV episodes. Forget the manga, at least watching the 3 films is necessary to educate the non-fan to get the basics of the story. There is no way that a TV series starting in the black swordsman arc can explain swiftly the entire universe of what is going on (the God Hand, Griffith, etc).
Aug 5, 2016 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
First half was pretty decent, but then the naked dance party happened and it was all over the place again. I just can't stand the way they frame everything, the pacing and montage feels so wrong.

I mean, there's this weird jump between the scene where she offers the bowl and the next scene they switch to his eyes and he "suddenly" has that finger in his mouth. Every time my mind has to work out what is happening, catching up to the visuals
Aug 5, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
that baby like demon I think that saint isnt it?
Aug 5, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
Farnese likes playing with fire.
Aug 5, 2016 12:59 PM
Feb 2016
This was ok and I hate to be that guy... but... the manga did it better.

We got to see the goat oragy, some shots of the apostile for this arc, why father Mozgus's face is so weird (LOL) and Farnese doing herself to fire (albeit they left it to the views imagination here).
Aug 5, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
Who was that Knight? I don't remember someone like him from the previous series. And what was with those naked people? I also feel like almost nothing has happend in these 6 episodes.

Aug 5, 2016 1:32 PM
Jan 2015
More pointless sex and violence. Berserk sure is one sophisticated seinen that no shone shall ever surpass. Seriously, is every woman in this series a slut.
Aug 5, 2016 1:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
xFrown said:
Farabeuf said:

As someone who doesn't read manga and actually enjoys this show because of the story and characters I might have to accept your statement and start reading the manga. Cuz let's be honest the visuals are horrible.

Please do at some point. It will be worth it.

I still fail to comprehend why a "sure thing" like Berserk got such a shoddy studio to work on it. Agh! This should have gone to a studio like Madhouse or the like.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
Serpico is bae.
SerpicoxJerome confirmed.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Just as humans have a prior right to existence over dogs by virtue of being more highly evolved and having a superior consciousness, so women have a prior right to existence over men. The elimination of any male is, therefore, a righteous and good act, an act highly beneficial to women as well as an act of mercy.
Aug 5, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2016
And why do the demons attack Guts and not Casca? They even saved her...

Aug 5, 2016 2:13 PM
Dec 2012
aliinetje said:

Thats one of the reasons why every fan complained this series is rushed AF....they are trying to atack her, but the fetus thing is protecting her...you would need to see the manga to understand what that baby actualy is.
Aug 5, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
if i didnt read the manga i think id be confused, like how many manga chapters they did covered on this episode? looked like the most rushed ep sp far
i liked the skull knights appearence in the movie more, here he looks like a robot

aliinetje said:

her demon baby protects her
Aug 5, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
I always found this part in the manga quite mediocre, but the anime made it even worse. Somehow every scene was laughable, but the rushing at least helped getting over it soon.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 5, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2012
aliinetje said:
Who was that Knight? I don't remember someone like him from the previous series. And what was with those naked people? I also feel like almost nothing has happend in these 6 episodes.

The skull knight appeared in the 3rd movie
Aug 5, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
So, a dude got thrown off of a cliff and survived? Is this fucking Tekken?
Aug 5, 2016 3:36 PM
Aug 2016
So many nipples in this episode.
Aug 5, 2016 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, the pacing and animation were horrible, let's see if it gets even worse.
Aug 5, 2016 4:23 PM
Sep 2014
BadVoodoo said:
So, a dude got thrown off of a cliff and survived? Is this fucking Tekken?

Lool this actually killed me.
Aug 5, 2016 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
the skull knight is back! so there are cannibals that throw orgy parties lol
Aug 5, 2016 5:01 PM
Apr 2013
Rekien said:
tygaar said:

I understand exactly what your saying,
but I'm going to answer your question with another question, "Do you yourself know first hand how a car works and what stuff goes in to fixing it?"

Your trying to mis-quote me by saying I'm talking more crap than what I know.
Unless, you can do something YOURSELF, you shouldn't complain, because came you came to them not prepared for the outcome, you knew the risk.
Because like many people "you don't know the first thing about a car and how it function."

All this is like standard animation and CG. You don't know the process of making something of crystal clean graphic for every deadline project. It not shit because if it was, it never would have been premiered or debuted for the public.
And here we are sitting on our asses watching and demanding shit, yet we never acknowledge the people going sleepless nights working to creating stuff for our enjoyment in the first damn place.

Because if you were in their shoes and you knew you tried your hardest along with your fellow workers to create something you worthwhile, you would want be admired for your hard work.

So complain if you want, but don't be a dick to for something you have no knowledge to begin with.
These people are here to serve you THE BEST THEY CAN just like our soldiers, we are all flawed, don't expect perfection.
Because if we want perfection, we need learn to do it ourselves instead of sitting on our asses complaining and telling people how to do their jobs.
Aug 5, 2016 5:21 PM

Jun 2015
tygaar said:
Rekien said:

I understand exactly what your saying,
but I'm going to answer your question with another question, "Do you yourself know first hand how a car works and what stuff goes in to fixing it?"

Your trying to mis-quote me by saying I'm talking more crap than what I know.
Unless, you can do something YOURSELF, you shouldn't complain, because came you came to them not prepared for the outcome, you knew the risk.
Because like many people "you don't know the first thing about a car and how it function."

All this is like standard animation and CG. You don't know the process of making something of crystal clean graphic for every deadline project. It not shit because if it was, it never would have been premiered or debuted for the public.
And here we are sitting on our asses watching and demanding shit, yet we never acknowledge the people going sleepless nights working to creating stuff for our enjoyment in the first damn place.

Because if you were in their shoes and you knew you tried your hardest along with your fellow workers to create something you worthwhile, you would want be admired for your hard work.

So complain if you want, but don't be a dick to for something you have no knowledge to begin with.
These people are here to serve you THE BEST THEY CAN just like our soldiers, we are all flawed, don't expect perfection.
Because if we want perfection, we need learn to do it ourselves instead of sitting on our asses complaining and telling people how to do their jobs.

Yea man, say it how it is, anime is not that bad, dont bother with what MaL people have to say tbh, its the Japanese people opinions that matters and im pretty sure they bitch less than this guy and understand how hard it is to make an anime
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

32 by StyxParadise »»
Jun 6, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

990 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.