Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2016 7:54 AM
Jan 2014
GRRRrrreeeeeeeeeeghghgh

how DARE these people not mindlessly praise a very flawed series that i like?!!

GET OFF OF MY BOARDS REEEEEEEEEEE
Jun 26, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Well that was anti climactic. It's not like All Might or Deku even saved the day. Basically a guy with a gun turned up and shot everyone...disappointing.
Jun 26, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2015
ItsXolo said:
GRRRrrreeeeeeeeeeghghgh

Then what are the flaws of the series mind you?
Jun 26, 2016 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Well that was anti climactic. It's not like All Might or Deku even saved the day. Basically a guy with a gun turned up and shot everyone...disappointing.

I think it already reached its climax from last episode with that last minute fight. Not all fight ends up with a winner.
Jun 26, 2016 8:01 AM
Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
ItsXolo said:
GRRRrrreeeeeeeeeeghghgh

Without going too much into it,

Snail pacing
Incredibly unlikable MC
Over use of redundant flashbacks
Constant melodrama
Very anticlimactic ending
Jun 26, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Great show, I'll give it an 8 !!
Jun 26, 2016 8:04 AM
Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
Bobby2Hands said:

I think it already reached its climax from last episode with that last minute fight. Not all fight ends up with a winner.

That's the thing here. The previous episode was great and very exciting, and they set things up so that this episode would be great too, and then just blueballed everyone instead

"Ah hah! You thought all of this was going to build up to something, but instead a guy with a gun shows up and the bad guys run away and the show ends! How's that for a climax?"
Jun 26, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2015
ItsXolo said:
KonoYume said:

Snail pacing
Incredibly unlikable MC
Constant melodrama

-Sure but better than rushing the content and destroying the flow of events and character development
-Yes I do agree on that but unlikable =/= bad
-You're right on that part
-Which part do you consider melodrama. Elaborate?
-Not all fights end with a Heroes win and capture the villains. And it's not like the series didn't reach its climax already...
Jun 26, 2016 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
ItsXolo said:
KonoYume said:

That's the thing here. The previous episode was great and very exciting, and they set things up so that this episode would be great too, and then just blueballed everyone instead
"Ah hah! You thought all of this was going to build up to something, but instead a guy with a gun shows up and the bad guys run away and the show ends! How's that for a climax?"
Because Ida went back to get help from the others heroes. And the villains decided to retreat so what do you expect?
Jun 26, 2016 8:12 AM
Jan 2014
KonoYume said:
ItsXolo said:

Snail pacing
Incredibly unlikable MC
Constant melodrama

-Sure but better than rushing the content and destroying the flow of events and character development
-Not all fights end with a Heroes win and capture the villains. And it's not like the series didn't reach its climax already...

The melodrama was mostly in the first half of the show, where every time something happened, good or bad, they'd have a ten minute long scene of Midoriya crying with some sappy music to go with it. Scenes like these can work out really well when used sparsely and timed well, but just shoving them in as often as possible right at the start of the show makes them lose their effect, at least for me.
Jun 26, 2016 8:20 AM

Jul 2015
Well, the anime was overall ok. Nothing special for now, but if the sequel manages to convince me, I will give it a higher score. The music was the strongest aspect of this series.
6.5/10
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 26, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
ItsXolo said:
KonoYume said:

The melodrama was mostly in the first half of the show, where every time something happened, good or bad, they'd have a ten minute long scene of Midoriya crying with some sappy music to go with it. Scenes like these can work out really well when used sparsely and timed well, but just shoving them in as often as possible right at the start of the show makes them lose their effect, at least for me.

Can you be more specific? You mean like the first two episodes?
Well what if that scene didn't have any song at all. Would that particular scene be powerful at all? I don't think so.
Jun 26, 2016 8:23 AM

May 2013
@Rayzor

Please stop making the manga reader community of this look bad.
Jun 26, 2016 8:25 AM

Apr 2016
SO HYPED FOR A SECOND SEASON!
10/10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The art style matched the anime perfectly
The sound only made the events more epic
The story is a amazing but a few problems I had here and there
The characters is the best part in the anime for me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jun 26, 2016 8:27 AM

Oct 2013
Wow what a finish; I can't believe All Might actually had to go all out, and wait...if Nomu ended up in the school yard, does that mean that he literally orbited the Earth and fell back to the ground? Or does that mean something else happened?
Jun 26, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
Hyped for the second season!!!

I thought the pacing was fine, its only the 1st season and i think character development is very important.

Now to start my next journey and catch up on the manga
Jun 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing final of a amazing serie! Can't wait for the next season.

9/10.
Jun 26, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
Good episode, overall solid adaptation, credit goes for bones studio
Looking forward second season

#ignore those criticism
Jun 26, 2016 8:45 AM
Aug 2015
Pretty good! HYPE for second season

GOOD JOB BONES WITH THE ANIMATION! 7/10 overall
Jun 26, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2016
Very good episode with a great end for the season. Can't wait for season 2!!!!
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Jun 26, 2016 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
I haven't read the manga yet...but All Might's best friend is a little suspicious? or am I wrong? Well, I'm calling it.....He is a Villain!
Jun 26, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
Meh so the first cour is over.

The adaption's agonizingly slow pacing and stretched out scenes just simply annoyed me and the first 20 chapters aren't exactly great so if I had to rate based on the content and how it was adapted then it would be 5/10. The staff was just copy pasting material from the manga without putting much effort so I wouldn't exactly call it a good adaptation. It didn't really do or convey any scene better than the manga.

I'm really hoping the director starts adapting more content and picks up the pace in the next cour because one of the source material's greatest strength is its fast paced storytelling. Not slow paced.
Z4KJun 26, 2016 9:14 AM
Jun 26, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
SEASON 2 PLS i cried when the other teachers came but thats also partly because im hormonal af rn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 26, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
The first 10 episodes were meh but these last episodes were decent so I think I'll give season 2 a chance. OST was nice.

7/10
Jun 26, 2016 9:11 AM
Jun 2016
I am going to give this one a 7/10 because not much happened really, they put all the good stuff on the previous episode. But that scene in the end with all the pro heroes was extremely badass can't wait to see them (hopefully) in action in season two :)

Also, we were finally introduced to the main villain, really curious about him
Jun 26, 2016 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
The finale was pretty good! Good thing that All Might's true form was not revealed to other students!
Jun 26, 2016 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
Easily my favorite anime of the season!
8/10

Jun 26, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Cool ending for the first season. The ending was really hyping, especially with that ninja-like guy at the end and Shigaraki's boss telling him the elite of the Villains will reunite soon. Cannot wait for the second season.

This has been one of the best shonen I have seen in a while. Haven't being hooked to one that much since JoJo. I haven't had that much problems with the pace either. 8/10.

Now, it's time to read the manga and get prepared to the second season.
Jun 26, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Great ending for great season. I think they wraped up everything pretty nicely and made you hype for what's to come. Loved how they announced second season at the end, looked really sweet.

Starting from episode 2 every episode was 8-10. What an awesome anime, with so many great characters, fell in love with it completely. 10/10
Jun 26, 2016 9:45 AM
Jun 2013
One of the best Spring anime fa sho, Season 2, KURU!!!
Jun 26, 2016 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
What an amazing show. Really gotta read the manga now. The visuals and soundtrack were awesome and all the characters too.

I consider myself a fan after this season. Really enjoyed watching this.
Jun 26, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
Damn what a finale. A bit anti climatic but overall a fitting end, especially considering this is just the beginning of it all. Really enjoyed the show, despite it being really generic, so a 7/10 for me. Quite hyped for the 2nd season, those mysterious villains are definitely interesting to say the least!
Jun 26, 2016 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
Very good ending. For me, this was the AOTS. =D

Back-up arrived in the nick of time to help out All Might and the others. The Cowboy guy was extremely accurate with his revolver as he saved not only one of the students, but All Might as well. He even shot the main villain too! >D

I'm glad that Eraser and 13 will make a full recovery, same with All Might and Midoriya too. =)

Despite only adapting 21 chapters, Bones did a fantastic job in adapting My Hero Academia. Lovely visuals, excitable characters, pleasant and thrilling soundtrack and some great battles along the way. The second season can't come soon enough!

9/10. =)
Jun 26, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
It ends after the introduction of the first threat but still delivers an impression of conclusion.
Since I had read the manga (who started right before the anime in France), I was never surprised (except for the short villain teasing at the end) but in a sense I wasn't surprised when I read the manga either due to its fairly expected approach of the nekketsu.

Also, now you can't show a woman wearing underwears toward the end of the afternoon in Japan? It's sad. (the white "paint" on the skin was so weird xD)

4/5

It is an extremely basic shônen nekketsu with comics hommage as prop/frame (sorry, not sure of the word). The thing is that it is terribly effective in what it does, and the anime itself is an almost perfect and pretty adaptation of the manga. It makes for an excellent approach of the title (and the genre in general) and I am sure such anime would naturally lead a lot of kids to the manga (it would be infinitely better for the makers to sell it to european TV channels rather than limit it to the small Internet crowd)
I loved the opening.

Score:7.5/10, 8 if the second half is able to maintain the level and bring a satisfying development with a sense of conclusion again
Not sure about it, since tome 4 is still not released here. Personnally, I never liked the tournaments near the beginning (except for the twenty-first Tenaichi Budokai). Also, the villains seem rather uninteresting and will probably be nothing more than obstacles and growth trials.

@HiroMitamano Don't loose faith in the shônen category! It was simply too "nekketsu" for you. ;)
Rei_IIIJun 26, 2016 11:06 AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
Easily one of the best Shounen Manga adaptions I have ever seen 9/10. Kudos Bones, Kudos
Jun 26, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2012
Not a bad ending to a great first season. I wish some of the side characters got more screen time, like that Naval Laser guy lol. I figure it will cycle through the characters so more in the second season though, like it did with Uraraka and Asui in this one.

I also love how they make All Might seem very strong, but also very weak at the same time. In the last episode, you're simultaneously worried about how weak he is when he's going full on berserk mode against Noumo. And this episode shows that even more.

Not much to say though really. Great fights, great animation, cool villains, great characters, very solid show.
Jun 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
That was such a great end to the first season. I can't wait for the next one! Shit only just started to hit the fan!
Jun 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
That was a really fantastic finale, I actually liked it better than the manga due to the music and over the top animation at certain points. All Might and Deku's relationship is the best part of this series :D Really looking forward to season 2! Hopefully we get information about when its going to air soon.
Jun 26, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
yay season 2 XD
this was fun to watch !
Jun 26, 2016 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
That was incredibly mediocre and boring

4/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 26, 2016 11:44 AM

May 2015
Anime was fun, but I feel like it was half-baked. It's should be 25 or 50 episodes anime, not 13.

Still 7/10, but only thanks to last 3 episodes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 26, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2011
Beautiful, waiting for the second season happily

Plus ultra!
Jun 26, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Nice finale. Still a lot of development needed in the second season.
8.5/10
Jun 26, 2016 12:06 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Incredible adaptation. Loved every second of this show. It captured the emotional moments of the manga so well. It was beautifully animated by Bones too, loved the line work and the action sequences!

So glad they announced a season two, I totally called it though.

In the end, best show of the season. I really believe this is the next big thing. 9/10
Jun 26, 2016 12:09 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly, probably the best way they could've ended the arc without going into the next one, beautiful ost and art and definitely looked up to my expectations.

To the people saying the pacing was slow, this was an introduction, this arc and season was to introduce the characters and villains, next season will be focussing on development and story building, this season was literally just the foundation - it only gets better from here.
Jun 26, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
holy shit second season man! i can't wait
Jun 26, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!!!!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jun 26, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
great conclusion imo. Deku sure will learn from everything just happened and i bet because of that, he will become more stronger. looking foward for that in the next season xD

and that ending scene, just one word : AMAZING. the combination with soundtrack and visual just match perfectly to eachother which made a really badass, cool hero scene. i really like this kinda of show tbh. i will read the manga. 9/10
Jun 26, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
This has turned out to be the most enjoyable anime of the season for me. The characters are likeable and the story, while simple, has been setting up things very well and at the right pace. The thing I'm most excited about is that the series has so much potential as there are so many amazing turns it could take. It kinds feels like what the hunter exam arc was to HxH, so I'm really excited for season 2.
7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 26, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2014
That was sick. All Might had to bluff real hard and luckily the teachers came in time. Extremely hypey episode, I liked the overpowered gun guy lol.
The villan after the credits looks badass too.
Hi there
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

216 by Mortal150 »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

262 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 10, 10:15 AM

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

17 by MYZS-Chist »»
May 9, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.