Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 10, 2018 4:19 PM

May 2017
endless emptiness
Sep 10, 2018 5:00 PM

Dec 2017
5 cm/second is my fisrt Makoto Shinkai`s movie I have watched...I never miss their films again after that

they are able to make anime with graphics that always amaze me
Sep 10, 2018 8:08 PM
Jul 2017
Depressed,sad,loney,heartbroken,distraught. I finished it on a plane so i was sad and I had jetlag.
Sep 11, 2018 7:27 AM
Jan 2009
reading the synopsis and the character descriptions just made me difficult to breath. i felt a stung in my heart. guess i wont watch it coz i dont want to get more depressed.
Sep 11, 2018 7:39 AM

Oct 2014
i felt sad
because i wasted my time watching this
Mar 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2015
I admit I was raging at the end...

I felt it coming though, the writing was really realistic and felt so recognizable and relateable to myself...

This anime showed us the exact thing life is, life is imperfect, we make alot of mistakes which we continously regret and because of that, we all say that 1 magic sentense in our head somethimes: "what if I did...." "What if..."

Unfortunately, in life, we do not get to restart our choices, which gives us an empty void inside somewhere...

Best description of how this anime made me feel? made me feel human..
Dec 4, 2019 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
It resonated a lot with me, I watched it twice already.. it's one of the best movies I have seen about love..

A lot of scenes are really memorable for me, very heart-touching and some moments sweetly stung my heart.

I want to watch it again.

It didn't depress me though, I love this movie..
Dec 11, 2019 12:54 AM

Sep 2019
1/10 worst shit I've ever watched in my life.
Dec 11, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Like i just wasted an hour of my life.
Dec 18, 2019 1:16 AM
Dec 2018
As a fan of NTR hentai, watching this gave me a hard on. No wonder there's so much Mitsuha NTR hentai, NTR is what Mokoto Shinkai does best.
Jim_WhiteDec 18, 2019 1:24 AM
Apr 16, 2020 11:11 PM
Apr 2015
This makes me kinda mad. The idea was decent, execution not so much. This movie had the potential but fell very short of what it could have been. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a feeling of wasted time.
Apr 21, 2020 8:04 AM
Apr 2020
I just felt empty, like the first time for me that i watched it. That very week was horrible, everything went to shit and as low as they could. Then i decided to watch this, and i felt fucking emtpy
Oct 11, 2020 2:32 AM
Dec 2018
Pain...............
Oct 22, 2020 2:55 AM
Oct 2020
I rate it 3/10 just for visual only
Oct 22, 2020 3:20 AM

Jan 2020
I learned how hard long-distance relationships are
Oct 22, 2020 3:27 AM

Sep 2020
The first third of it really resonated with me, because having lived in the North of England, the frustration with train delays felt very vivid.

Overall, I didn't like the film as much as I expected, though - I heard it was great, but I only found it vaguely entertaining. I don't remember much about it, even though I only watched it last year, so maybe I should give it another whirl.
Oct 22, 2020 6:49 AM
Jun 2015
Good work.
unfortunately all of it's goodness leading to depression.
It leaves a bad after taste making you want to throw up to get rid of it.
I hope if there was some kind of conclusion to his feeling.
Like finding something more worthy than his feeling helping him moving on in this tough life.
As for the bitch ( lol now l am more relived๐Ÿ˜…)
Even though she isn't a villan, the most horrible thing she did is that she gave him hope unfortunately he did the same to kanai.
It isn't like she isn't wrong, well she is wrong as well as he but the way the story progress make her more cruel and ugly.
the mc should have been more active after being an adult to search for her but well this well make the fl a real villan and will go against the purpose of film.
It is really ridiculous idea to take the distance as a main factor that determine the shape of a relationship.
It is like you are saying the ppl are dummies with no will and because of that it leaves you feel miserable and helpless.
I don't know why the author did some thing this evil.
Instead of encouraging the lovers to find away like in the first chapter it's like he is saying it's hopeless that is the way things should go and your only choice is to accept it .
Well there is one thing I am able to comprehend which is their relationship was flimsy and may be the author was keen on it so he didn't make them confess and cement the relationship then there will be some thing more than love which is commitment .
In this case the heaviness of commitment on their shoulders will keep the love stable in their hearts.
Nov 8, 2020 12:14 PM

Feb 2017
God this felt so draining and depressing, I feel so empty inside and I'm still in disbelief that that's all there is.

Thanks Makoto Shinkai for making an hour long story where two 13-year olds who like each other... never speak with each other again and pretty much suffer for the next 10 years. Had such a great time.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Nov 11, 2020 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
real life in 1 Hour and 2 minutes
Nov 12, 2020 11:36 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Empty.

I felt it three years back too during my first watch but that was more out of frustration.

Now, I feel empty because of how real this is.

Shinkai Makoto-sensei, thank you.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2020 1:13 PM
Dec 2020
For me, this movie just portrays a part of my life. I have had a similar experience in my life and can understand what Makoto Shinkai wanted to show in this movie. I met a girl in my relative's place that I used to visit often. We became so close to each other. One day she kissed me and I was above the world. I had to come back to my hometown the next day. After a month I heard that her family moved to another town and I was so broken. Years went by but she was in my head all the time. I never got into any relationship for her. I used to think about her all the time. After finishing high school I was looking for a college and I found out about her. I went to her town for college. We met and talked. We used to go out often. One day she told me about her boyfriend and I was shocked. I got depressed. I stopped going to college and started to drink. Then one day I realized what I am doing is just foolishness. So I promised myself that I would move on. It was not easy but I met someone else and she helped me a lot. Now we are in a happy relationship and planned to get married. It was a true-life event that I experienced. A story like this is so common that it can happen to you also. But when this happens you should remember that the world does not circulate around you. People changes with time and you have to move on. You have to live your life. For me, it was the most original romantic film I have ever seen.
noname_01Dec 24, 2020 1:16 PM
Dec 27, 2020 7:07 AM
Dec 2020
I thought the author of this post encapsulated the plot ideas very well:

http://theoddapple.com/5-centimeters-per-second-byosoku-5-senchimetoru-2007-movie-plot-summary-ending-explained/

Good endings are nearly a given these days. The scary thing about this is how this hits us too close to home. I won’t deny using anime as a platform to escape the monotony of life, which explains why this caused much disappointment at first. However, watching Takaki understand the need to let go makes the ending more poignant than merely disappointing.
Dec 28, 2020 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
I feel deflated. I loved The Garden of Words, adored Your Name and Weathering With You. But this movie snapped me back to reality by ending where I feel it should have just been entering a climactic tying up of the story.

It was just so full of nothingness by the end in terms of message. I felt I might have a satisfying watch in an hour, although it felt like thirty minutes, to me, but I feel disappointed.

I should have trusted my gut, when I realised I'd waited all year to watch this movie, instead of jumping on it like I did Your Name, or any of the others.

I'm going to watch A Silent Voice next, in faith that that will fill the void that this movie left me with, in terms of a blue balls plot and a rather unremarkable journey. I feel like I'll be back to feeling inspired after that.
Dec 29, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2020
It was just meh
I was just bummed at the end
Dec 30, 2020 8:23 PM
Mar 2016
alway sad when remember this anime
Dec 30, 2020 11:32 PM
Jun 2020
I don’t get why they both stopped sending letters. They both were excited to see if they received any, yet never sent any themselves. I don’t get how they held on to those feelings for so long without any type of communication, I believe this “sad” ending could’ve been avoided if they just communicated like they did in episode 1, and look how far they got in episode 1. Tbh, pretty disappointed at the ending that point just didn’t make much sense as if this type of ending was being forced
Dec 30, 2020 11:36 PM
Jun 2020
Disappointment.
Jan 2, 2021 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
Don't remember in the slight what I felt on my first time, I just remember I liked it

I rewatched it after watching Kimi no na Wa and felt depressed and found it much better than the latter, inclusively, I considered it to be the best Shinkai movie and my second favorite movie ever until now.

Now I just finished my third session of both movies and what I felt for 5 Centimeters was pretty much nothing
"That's it?"

What I am sure is that the effect varied very differently throughout my life.

But tbh I am not eager to rewatch it in 5 years, I think I will find it boring to the point I'd just drop it and go do something else.
HanashirainJan 2, 2021 5:58 PM
supreme master of the godtaste
Apr 2, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2017
Severe_ said:
I don’t get why they both stopped sending letters. They both were excited to see if they received any, yet never sent any themselves. I don’t get how they held on to those feelings for so long without any type of communication, I believe this “sad” ending could’ve been avoided if they just communicated like they did in episode 1, and look how far they got in episode 1. Tbh, pretty disappointed at the ending that point just didn’t make much sense as if this type of ending was being forced

It's elaborated on in the manga, but in short: they stopped having things to talk about because they were apart and each had their own life.

As for the feelings, they were both reminiscing about a time that they saw through rose-colored glasses, an oasis in a sea of uncertainty (the lack of stability that resulted from their parents moving around). Akari, however, got over it and only thinks back to Takaki with nostalgia. Takaki, on the other hand, has been unable to let go of that idealized image of Akari, and as a result hasn't been able to form meaningful connections with anyone.

IMO the story is both about missed chances and acknowledging that, sometimes, some things just don't have realistic chances of happening.
Takaki missed his chance to confess his feelings (he lost the letter but surely he could've written on something else, or just talked to her), while Akari decided to not give him the letter because she was being realistic about it and knew that staying hung up on each other would prevent them from living their lives (like it happened with Takaki).
Apr 2, 2021 12:09 PM

Oct 2019
Unlike seemingly everyone else, I felt happy at the end. I think it was very positive.

For me it was like both of their lives intertwined time and again, but neither was dependent on the other. They were able to find their own lives and find happiness in those lives, and even better, accept that happiness both for themselves and each other.

It was as if saying that your happiness and life does not depend on a single person or a single chance. You can find happiness anywhere with anyone as long as you don't start clinging to what you think is the single chance.
Apr 2, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty meh. Had its ups and downs.
Apr 4, 2021 10:22 PM

Jul 2019
I liked the first 2 episodes, can't say the same for last episode tho, felt incomplete...your name had the same kind of ending but better(mokoto realized) bcuz atleast mcs reunited at the stairs in the end.
Apr 11, 2021 3:47 AM

Dec 2012
it feels bland to me.
Apr 15, 2021 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Wiziliz said:
Wow, what a disappointment, shame, the first episode was really good but then it just went downhill...
same as when u love some girl and u get separated somehow thats how it is, it wasn't going downhill it showed u the true reality which u never expect a anime to show u ,so u didn't liked it but thats how it is its depressing reality is often disappointing
Apr 20, 2021 7:30 AM
Mar 2020
It left me empty and after watching it I stared at the sky for 10 min straight . ..my eyes hurt lol...

The art was beautiful , especially the coloring ...it was so amazing. .... although I think the artist didn't like faces .
Apr 26, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2018
Why the fuck did he stoppee texting? I dont get it... just for the sake of showing us the viewer how life sometimes is? Wouldnt he want to keep texting her after the kiss they shared i dont get it
May 14, 2021 7:52 PM
Nov 2020
Felt a little depress after watching this I thought takaki was depressed and gonna suicide. And the bitch ain’t loyal. These kind of things happens a lot in real life so we should accept it as part of reality.
May 27, 2021 5:49 AM

May 2020
Nothing much really but I enjoyed it
May 28, 2021 7:21 AM
Dec 2017
I watched it at the age of 16 years. And as the movie ended I realized that it is not an anime. It is f*cking reality. I didn't come to watch anime only to face reality.
Somewhere, I think most people are this MC. We all have someone who we desperately love, for them we reject every other person who wants to love us and yet we remain scared to make a move on that person. In the end, I felt a little better knowing that takaki has chosen to move on. Cause that's a difficult choice. I watched this anime cause I thought it would be all lovey dovey stuff and blah blah. Instead I got a reality check.Man that was harsh really harsh.
Takaki has made an ideal of Akari. And he is comparing every other girl to an ideal, hence he doesn't feel any love interest with any one them. Now there is one fact about ideals. They aren't real, which means you can't ever reach them.
Hence, takaki is the reason he is alone. Same way, we all are responsible for our own loneliness.
But do thank this anime, gave me a lesson on what not to do in love affairs.
It is a heartbreaker but something we all need.
There are many other mixed emotions about this anime but I guess that's a common occurrence with any of Makoto shinkai's work.
May 28, 2021 7:24 AM
Dec 2017
R77Prodigy said:
Why the fuck did he stoppee texting? I dont get it... just for the sake of showing us the viewer how life sometimes is? Wouldnt he want to keep texting her after the kiss they shared i dont get it
so that Akari will never be able to reject him. So that they will never go through break up. They will never fight, never have lovers quarrels and other things. No relationship problems if there's no relationship.

Read the above post, if you still don't get it.
Jun 16, 2021 7:57 PM

Nov 2020
Wiziliz said:
Wow, what a disappointment, shame, the first episode was really good but then it just went downhill...
this pretty much summarizes it
Jun 24, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2019
I've been posponing this film for the longest time, but now that I've just finished watching it... oh god it hurts a lot. I loved how it shows that not every story has a big and impactful ending, that most of the times relationships slowly wither away because of distance, because of things left unsaid... As someone who spends the majority of time thinking about the past and about people that I haven't seen in years it hit really hard.
Nov 14, 2021 10:47 PM
Dec 2017
i really did wish they got together.

Dec 9, 2021 8:32 AM
Dec 2021
To be honest this is an op anime movie but this also tells us the reality of life and world so we need to move forward by leaving the past as the way it was don't concern yourself about past think about present and move forward as akira after watching this anime I literally cried I felt lonely and depression currently I am in 10th my final exams are coming up I don't even know what should I do so please I am currently only 15 but I recommend you not to watch this anime you can go with weathering with you or your name I think you should watch this after you are 18+ ๐Ÿ™Thanks If You Read This Much ๐Ÿ™This is My Honest Opinion
Jan 14, 2022 11:28 PM

Aug 2019
I'm feeling a little empty right now, like if I had a glimmer of hope that they'd end up together but then reality hit and they didn't. The ending was depressing, but it is realistic because not all love stories have a happy ending. To be honest, I didn't cry, but the sadness hit me hard when the song began to play.

9/10 This movie hurts more than others because it is so realistic.
Jan 17, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2014
Hi, the feelings I had while watching were so weird that I felt the need to write a comment here.

I liked the movie overall, even if the structure was a bit weird. The ending was somewhat predictable given episode's 2 story. If you pay attention, it is told that both Tanaki and Akari were hesitant in communicating with each other.

What I didn't like is that even though the love between them was over, they are still supposed to be friends. You simply don't forget a relationship like that even if it was years ago, and we don't even get a hello in the end.

I think the story is pretty realistic and it hit me a bit a harder than it should have given that I see myself a bit in Tanaki. My life is sort of similar to his atm. I'm glad however that the final scene at least tells us he was able to move on with his life and forget about Akari.

Mar 21, 2022 9:18 PM
May 2021
Although all the Makoto shinkai's movie are below average but this one is the worst.
Sep 25, 2022 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
just here for the art everything else cba about

Sep 25, 2022 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
just here for the art everything else cba about

Nov 8, 2022 10:38 AM

Oct 2020
I felt absolutely nothing, the exact definition of a 5/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter General Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jul 19, 2007

776 by drried »»
Apr 14, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2007

104 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 10:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.