Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 28, 2017 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
After watching this I can't believe there isn't announced any form of an season with 12 - 24 episodes.

Had o lot of fun in this 30 minutes. Sure it felt rushed but at least we now know what happened with Rei after he fought against Muzaka. Frankensteins reaction when he felt Rei's presence was priceless and perfectly shown. I had to laugh when Rei sat before that Ramen and thought about a pole against vampires when he saw the chopsticks :D

The fight at the end was so good. Rei is a fucking beast, also Frankenstein seems so strong. I wonder about who's that organisation which sent out Jake, Mary, M-21 and M-24 for Rei? And of course what will happen next? I want to see it animated >.<

I hope so much that there will be something in the future. Does maybe anyone know how the manhwa is doing?

9/10
Natsu88Jul 28, 2017 9:34 PM

Aug 28, 2017 2:36 AM
Apr 2016
It's damn awesome. I've read the manhwa and I think it's really worth the attention. Producers / Animators should give this manhwa a chance to be aired. 😿
[/url]
Aug 31, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
I watched this show a year ago. It never gets old. Awesome.
Animation and BGM are very brilliant. Great Job, Production I.G!
Manga also good.
Oct 9, 2017 1:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
nice Ona...the plot is developed quickly, but the essence is there!!!
Action, vampires, monsters and a young kids in the middle!!!!
Nov 29, 2017 2:29 PM

Oct 2015
Stupid people always say it was rushed for heavens sake it is an OVA with one episode that is less than 35 min, of course its supposed to.
Don't act like you weren't born with a brain, its common knowledge that you can't judge an OVA like a series or special.

Any way this OVA was great, I loved Frankenstein and Rai master/servant relationship especially when they took out that girl and that shit bastard. But Rai's finish was so cruel as expected from the noblesse but it was enjoyable especially when that villain taunted him, his friends are kinda lame except Shinwu.

I know its short but it delivered for me so 9/10. I would be happy for a 13 or more episode series (crossing my fingers).
lihle808Nov 29, 2017 2:32 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 28, 2018 6:28 AM

Dec 2017
The episode was so wonderful how I wish it would become an anime and not an ova Or Ona episode was legendary I wish there were more episodes of anime
Mar 11, 2019 12:37 AM

Apr 2017
I would love to see TV series Frankenstein badass behavior and Lazark Itachi vibes.
Apr 21, 2020 6:25 AM

Jun 2012
For a second I thought this went from Reversi to black butler real quick but this was actually still pretty decent. And when Rai said "this is where your eyes should meet mine" that was legit one of the dopest things I've heard from an anime. Really hoping there will be more Muzaka in the upcoming anime; I think this show works better with both of them as mains. Sadly I get the vibe he's either dead or he'll be a main antagonist.
Aug 16, 2020 6:38 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Just watched it because there is a new series coming up this Fall. There are a lot of fight scenes and blood. There is a nice opening music that reminded me of Tank in Cowboy Bebop.... just a nice instrumental......and blood. Did I mention that there is a lot of blood in in this show? So much that at one point a building explodes with blood out the sides. So if you like characters with hair in their eyes and lots of blood, then this is great for you. Black Butler vibe with lakes of blood. 6/10 and will watch the new series in a few months.
Sep 27, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
This was completely different from the prequel. I have to say I liked it more.

Just one thing, one thing. Raizel was wearing the earring in his right ear before sealing himself into the coffin. Why is he wearing it in his left ear now? Did he decide to change the placement? Is there a deeper meaning for this? Or did they just forget?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 7, 2020 2:58 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Just re-watched this since the first episode of the main series is about to air, and I am glad I did. It was a lot better than I remembered it being and it got me more hyped for the show. The clip Crunchyroll streamed a while back almost made me drop it.

This seems more like it will be more of an episode 0 type of deal to the main series than the previous one, which felt more like a prequel series than an episode 0. Things got very interesting. While some of the characters still aren't that interesting, I assume that in the full series, they will have more time to develop them. Hopefully the full series doesn't disappoint.
Oct 7, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2019
TheFreycook said:
A fun half hour, would be good as a 12 episode anime series if it ever got one!
yeah, would be good if it got adapted into a 12 episode anime ser-

Oct 7, 2020 8:00 AM
Aug 2019
This prequel definitely was good, made me understand what's going on for the noblesse series.
The music was not good but the animation was good, it felt a bit fast-paced.

Oct 7, 2020 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the Animation Quality certainly was a nice surprise. Hopefully, Production I.G. will continue to deliver with the tv series.

Music department was just about fine though, hopefully this'll see an upgrade.

Story-wise, mixed feelings as well. But it's a short OVA so I didn't pay too much attention on it. With CR investing, I'm prepared for this Department to miss again but let's see how it'll go.

Generous 7/10 from me, as such.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2020 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Turned out great but I don't remember any of this ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 7, 2020 9:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I.G really did a great job animating this zero episode. Surely i am satisfied enough, and proved to be better than the prequel one. Damn, it was so fluent, especially with the battle sequences. The story telling quite nice, eventhough i still don't believed Frankenstein still alived, owned a damn school, and let his master became a student. The comedy aspect surprisingly good, and the reaction from Rai kinda natural and really suited well with his situations. The only weakness there was the OST, its not so good, even i must its quite average. Well as a prologue I.G handled everything in a nice way.
8/10 from me. I do really hope that they won't rushed such a thing at the main one. Because, seriously, its really hurt my enjoyment. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2020 10:28 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, this was really great holy crap I am sold.

When they raised the coffin from the ocean the only one I can think of is D I O lmao.

Hopefully pacing will be good for the anime, but judging from TOG and GOH I am not going to bring myself up for disappointment. Though this does seem like it's going to be better than GOH at least.
Oct 8, 2020 8:39 AM

Mar 2010
First arc went by so fast. I am sad. Very sad that M-21's friend died. :( Rai & Frankenstein amazing as always
StardewOct 8, 2020 8:42 AM
Oct 9, 2020 5:46 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, I didn't understand shit. Cool fight scenes though. I hope the main series will be, uhh, a little slower?

That one chick was pretty hot, but too bad she got her ass kicked.
Oct 11, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2017
guys so i checked the wiki and it said that 78 chapters were adapted in this ova
wouldnt it mean that this ova is rushed since how are you supposed to adapt 78 chapters in 1 31 minute ova?
Oct 12, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2020
-Elevate- said:
guys so i checked the wiki and it said that 78 chapters were adapted in this ova
wouldnt it mean that this ova is rushed since how are you supposed to adapt 78 chapters in 1 31 minute ova?
Yeah, it's super rushed, if you want, you can read the webtoon. The Chapters are incredibly short, there'll be more comedy, Slice of Life thing in the webtoon initially on
Oct 14, 2020 7:35 PM
Sep 2020
It so good yo! I really love it. But why do they changed the visual on noblesse 2020??
Oct 18, 2020 11:33 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 0 (that feels like it) of the entire Noblesse manhwa that covers the 1st 78 chapters (or the first two arcs of Volume 1), and I'd have to say, a 31-min rushed OVA is IMO more than enough for a bite-sized version before the continuation of the main series (which is on right now).

Despite all that, I absolutely don't mind it (after watching the botched adaptations of both Tower of God and God of High School) for giving a preface to the world of Noblesse, it was pretty good for the most part in its heavy condensation of content, providing the background for what's to come.

No wonder Production I.G. has the guts to continue with the main series, but I'd hope that the cast from this OVA will reprise for it as well (which it stuck with majority of the cast, but not the main characters). Pretty good production values for even back then.

It's absolutely mandatory for anyone getting into Noblesse that this is Episode 0 AND SHOULD BE WATCHED 1ST.
Oct 21, 2020 8:25 PM
Apr 2020
Raizel woke up after a very long slumber. He's still learning new stuffs, but he is savage! Raizel doesn't look up to enemies but it's the other way around. Turned out, the Organization is experimenting humans. Jake and Mari are strong, but Raizel and Frankenstein are on a whole new level. So cool and fascinating! I'll surely watch the series.

Oct 29, 2020 1:23 AM
Aug 2020
I didn't know anything about this story before I watched the OVA, but it wasn't terribly hard to follow, so I'm grateful for that. I'm assuming the anime adaptation will delve a little deeper into the backstory of the Union and Rai/Frankenstein. I enjoyed it, even not having known anything about the premise. I think I was waiting to see what Rai could do - I figured he'd be powerful but I don't think I was expecting him to be that powerful!
Nov 22, 2020 9:12 PM

Apr 2009
They have the equipment to fish his coffin from the bottom of the water but they'be been using simple tools to pry it open, did they suddenly run out of budget? XD

I've recently watched Noblesse: The Beginning of Destruction so I'm sure he put the crucifix earring on his right ear in the end but now it's on his left when he woke up here, did he switch them while he was inside there? O_o

As I have not read the source materials, I thought it was OK. Obviously it's better visual and audio experience than the first...but still 6/10 on my book.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 23, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
The premise of an Noblesse who awakens after 800+ year slumber to join a highschool run by his servant named Frankenstein, sounds hilarious. Still pretty epic especially seeing Rai and Frankenstein dominate the lesser vampires like its they're some fruitflies.

Aug 31, 2022 1:32 AM
Mar 2017
I think after watching this, I will be interested to read the webtoon, to know the whole lore, good soul
Oct 17, 2022 11:13 PM
Jan 2022
I'm curious as to what Frankenstein's saying is "Every part of you starts with me"
Oct 17, 2022 11:18 PM
Jan 2022
Am I the only one who noticed Raizel's earrings? In Noblesse: Pamyeol ui-sijak Raizel's earrings are on the right and when he awakens from the coffin his earrings are on the left
Aug 15, 2023 1:31 AM
Jul 2015
Finally weak bitch ass and ugly cxnt died 🔥🔥🔥🦔 human cruel arrogant experiment 0 handsome beautiful vampire that live longer than them 100000 [loveit][drool][clap]
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Which one should be watched first ?

AngelShiva - Feb 7, 2016

16 by Jonny_Rooke »»
Sep 29, 2020 4:14 AM

» Next when?

valoon - Feb 16, 2016

4 by Jimmyowns2 »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

» Noblesse animated short

Marrone - Feb 4, 2016

14 by Tyrel »»
Feb 4, 2016 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.