Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 5, 2017 2:07 PM
Apr 2016
This was kind of stupid? Why not just erase her memories of him as Zero?
This solution will be hard to explain to everyone, and was quite unnecessary. Even if it was because it could be problematic for her to love him, couldn't he just use the geass to make her uninterested in him or something like that?
Feb 5, 2017 11:49 PM

Feb 2017
Shanuk42 said:
This solution will be hard to explain to everyone, and was quite unnecessary. Even if it was because it could be problematic for her to love him, couldn't he just use the geass to make her uninterested in him or something like that?

He wanted to keep her safe
Feb 6, 2017 1:18 PM
Apr 2016
InceptionLoop said:
Shanuk42 said:

He wanted to keep her safe

And as said there could be many other solutions that would keep her safe, without raising suspicion because of her memory loss.

1) He could have just erased her memories of him as Zero
2) He could have erased her memories of the last couple of days (could be explained with her fathers dead resulting in a memory loss)
3) If he thought her being in love with him could be dangerous for her, he could make her uninterested in him or make her avoid him, so she wouldn't get into dangerous situations because of him

This was just a weird solution that will be really hard to explain to everyone, and could raise suspicion later on since some people are already beginning to realize their memory loss after being in touch with Zero, so someone might be able to link those two things together lather on. Like if the military finds out zero can make you lose parts of your memory, and Suzaku recalls the time where Shirley suddenly lost all her memories of Lelouch, he might get suspicious of Lelouch?

Idk this is just how think of this whole thing, and I find it weird that an excellent strategist like Lelouch would make such a risky move when there are other ways to deal with the problem.
Feb 28, 2017 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
Damn this episode gave me some feels. I don't even like Shirley that much. Literally at the same level of ambivalence to the character, Lelouch is at the halfway point. Sure she was cute, but her type of character is never going to be the most interesting in a series like this. And her jealousy routine got pretty redundant pretty quick. All that's over there now though, and damned if I don't feel sad about it. Even though Lelouch is speech at the end while effective, is a little rich considering he was still debating killing her to shut her up about ten minutes before. Yet another life thrown on the pyre to help Lelouch's unstoppable revenge machine. At least Shirley got one really cute scene with him where he comforted her, before he turned her brain all the Notebook. Can't believe I haven't brought him up yet but Mao was crazy. I thought his design was a little much. But it's hype we've finally met another Geass user. He seems a formidable opponent too, as C.C. explains especially for someone like Lelouch. Oh and C.C. outfit was really great at the end of this episode.
Mar 1, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Rewatching this episode reminds me how well the use the OST in code geass. The song right when Lelouch uses his Geass on Shirley enhances the moment so much. Love this show even more
Mar 2, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2016
I hope they now get rid of her, LMAO. I just can't stand her. I prefer C.C. over her. Hell, I even prefer Kallen who is just the typical tsundere.
Apr 10, 2017 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Shirley didn't shoot Lelouch. Guess she did see his face. Anime logic.
Interesting letter Shirley wrote. Something about she can't think straight.
Nunnally words struck Nina, who is impure after hurting table-kun.
LMAO at Rivalz trying to put him head on Milly's lap. Apparently, that is exclusive to Lelouch.
What the hell did Cecile make for Lloyd?
Pantsu!
Shirley on some Helga from Hey Arnold! shit.
It's that guy we've been seeing for the past few episodes.
lol at C.C.'s outfit.
So that's how Shirley saw his face.
Even that shades dude is throwing that kiss in Shirley's face. lol
He has Geass?
LMAO at C.C. saying she can draw in batuan style.
C.C. knows him? His name is Mao.
C.C. took that dudes bike. lol
Hold up. Mao has two Geass symbols in his eyes. So why does Lelouch have one?
Ogi found Villetta.
LMAO Mao is a troll. Dude left to go get a bigger gun.
He had a recording of C.C. playing. His obsession with C.C. is real.
Lelouch made Shirley forget it all.
DAT HITOMI! ~Your my destiny!~
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 5, 2017 2:33 AM

Jan 2014
wutt, I didn't expect him to make her forget everything about Lelou.
it mean she also lost her love toward Lelou.
can't he just told her to forget who Zero is?

that mao guy, I think it has something to do with him clapping.

now that the woman survive, how Lelou able to survive without being exposed?
Jun 11, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
best part of this episode.

Who worked on the photo was me also. She is very cute
Jul 29, 2017 10:20 AM

Jul 2016
Nice dress C.C.

This episode was pretty depressing, I don't know why Lelouch had to erase every memory Shirley had of him, ah whatever.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 9, 2017 5:27 AM

Dec 2015
Ok... if Shirley's collection wasn't creepy enough, the episode gave us a C² stalker too. And just what did Lelouch wanted to do by taking them for the trip? Make for a more dramatic slow-motion scene?

And just in case, add a sudden change in the superpower rules to be sure to provide drama. I can't wait to witness the impact or lack of it on the school life part.

2/5 "An important person... probably". XD

"Love" / "friendship" / whatever sacrifice with (ridiculous) RnB music behind:
Coolness factor +1 (14)

@CodeBlazeFate I bet you have an explanation for the memory loss being promoted from side-effect within a few minutes to desired effect for a whole life.
edit @CodeBlazeFate Thanks.
Rei_IIIAug 10, 2017 5:57 AM
Aug 9, 2017 5:52 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
Ok... if Shirley's collection wasn't creepy enough, the episode gave us a C² stalker too. And just what did Lelouch wanted to do by taking them for the trip? Make for a more dramatic slow-motion scene?

And just in case, add a sudden change in the superpower rules to be sure to provide drama. I can't wait to witness the impact or lack of it on the school life part.

2/5 "An important person... probably". XD

"Love" / "friendship" / whatever sacrifice with (ridiculous) RnB music behind:
Coolness factor +1

@CodeBlazeFate I bet you have an explanation for the memory loss being promoted from side-effect within a few minutes to desired effect for a whole life.
Well, the closes I can come to is that this time it was a command and commands can last an u limited time unless specified otherwise. Not really a contradiction or anything.
Aug 15, 2017 12:05 AM

May 2013
ClementIV said:
But also I wonder who is the girl that Sharely thought that Leacuh loved.

Where were you the entire episode of searching for the cat??? Lmfao. It's obviously Kallen wtf xD
Aug 15, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2013
Mao was annoying and especially his dumb clapping omgah XD how did he get to be so obsessed about CC? That is as disturbing as Nina obsessing over Euphy O__O
Sep 15, 2017 5:24 PM

Dec 2015
Quite rare to find a show that flows so naturally like this; plotline, directing, pacing and character development just flows really well.

Not too sure why Lelouch erased himself from Shirley's memory, that kind of seemed unnecessary and problematic. It's true that he wouldn't know when she started suspecting him but considering how she still was mourning the death of her father, the rest of her memory should be intact.
~
Oct 17, 2017 6:56 AM

Dec 2014
well shirley.....that was sad...so what did he forgot did she ultimately forgot lulounch altogether
Dec 12, 2017 1:05 PM

Aug 2015
Omg, so heartbreaking episode :'(

Mar 26, 2018 10:51 PM

May 2009
he could've erased just her memories of finding out zero and lelouch are the same - i don't see how erasing all her memories of him is gonna get her out of trouble in the future. don't they hang out with the same people?

i can't take C.C. seriously when she's dressed like that lmao.
May 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Mar 2017
C.C should sign up for some famous fashion brands, I lost count of the number of outfits she used since this series started.
Aug 18, 2018 4:47 PM
Aug 2017
I don’t normally comment on episodes but this one was especially bad. The plot armor on certain characters is starting to get annoying. Every character acted so unnaturally in this specific episode I really hope this show gets better or it’s getting like a 5 from me. Mao is a terrible character and Shirley is probably worse. This anime really likes to not explain the 1000 plot holes surrounding it. I sincerely hope I don’t have to watch the rest of this anime at this low quality writing or I might just drop it.
Sep 14, 2018 2:16 AM

Feb 2018
wow. just wow. i can't believe he did it that way

wont things be weird in the student council now?

like whos this guy? and the people around will be like wtf? idk lol 3am thoughts

and what he said to her before he geassed her

we could of been .... lovers!! fml ... great episode
Qio420Sep 14, 2018 2:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2019 6:27 PM
Apr 2018
Mao had been listening to records of C.C.'s voice all that time? Wtf?

C.C. said that the power will isolate Lelouch from everyone. It seems that warning will be a reality after all.
SaiDrewJan 18, 2019 8:12 AM
Mar 10, 2019 9:35 AM
Apr 2016
Another Geass user, damn. A lot of drama this episode... Shirley lost her memories, what will happen in school then?
May 31, 2019 10:09 PM

Sep 2017
yo, what the fuck. i don't watch this show to feel sad.

There are two Geass users now? Interesting. And they are of different types too. Does this mean there are other Geass users besides Mao and Lelouch? Shirley's brain getting wiped made me really sad. I hope she comes back someday. How will this affect her school life? Will she still be apart of the council? We'll probably find out soon.
Jun 2, 2019 9:01 AM
Feb 2017
Looks like there are different types of Geasses people can get, mind reading will be a tough obstacle to face. Sad that Lelouch erased Shirley's memories, even though I'm not a fan of her character that much I feel bad for Lelouch at least.
Jun 23, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
oh dear
this is giving me Yakuza 0 flashbacks
Jul 8, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2007
Hopefully we won't see more of Shirley after this? I didn't feel anything but relief that she might not take up more screen time...

I think most of the students really bog down this anime.

Jul 29, 2019 1:38 AM
Jan 2019
14. Code Geass took me 14 eps to really enjoy it :)

"Anyone you really don't want to lose should be kept at distance." C.C's right, Lelouch. She's right.
Oct 28, 2019 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
Little bit good episode but I like the crazy dude
Nov 12, 2019 10:36 PM
May 2012
He didn't have to go that far, but it's not like it will stay. We all know she'll get the memories back.
May 2, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2020
mao was so annoying omg but his geass is pretty cool, being able to read minds is handy

villetta isn't dead? so lelouch isn't totally in the clear yet

must have been hard to make shirley forget him, but how is he going to explain this? won't people at school get suspicious? he could have just made her forget that he was zero
Jul 12, 2020 12:03 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Removing all the memories and experiences you've had with someone, some would say that's worse than dying. If you die you are removed from the future of your loved ones, but Lelouch has removed himself from Shirley's past as well.
Aug 2, 2020 7:47 PM
Aug 2019
Bloodshot-Shanks said:
yay, never did like Shirely
fuck off, she's best girl.
Aug 4, 2020 9:52 PM
Jul 2019
I heard spoilers that she will be killed of, didn't expect it to be this. Yeah, losing your memories is as good as dying. Actually, I think it's more painful because when you die, you embrace the fact that someone's no longer here and move on. Unlike this, Shirley's basically dead, but she's alive and can't force yourself to forget her, because how?

Edit: Well shit.
SomeGuyWithHairAug 5, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 17, 2020 4:51 PM

May 2015
Another Geass user, and the best resolution he found was making Shirley forget him.

Sad episode.
Sep 15, 2020 8:49 PM
Jul 2020
So, Shirely memories got erased? And there's another Geass user?

Nov 5, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2019
Lelouch you asshole! You do not deserve her even after she forgives you for killing her father!

I’m all for Shirley x Suzaku now!
Nov 24, 2020 3:42 PM

Jan 2016
Really? He had to erase ALL her memories about him? That's... horrible, also seems kinda pointless. That's gotta be breaking some kinda ethical law.
Shirley there must've been a better way
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Jan 16, 2021 1:11 PM
Dec 2020
Wow. This show is really getting interesting now. I really want to know more about CC.
Jan 27, 2021 2:38 AM

Sep 2020
Absolutely amazing,the twist are awesome,and oh boy that chess fight is damn.....

Feb 12, 2021 1:20 AM

Sep 2017
Well looks like C.C. is jealous of Shirley.

Mao looks like a severe threat. Must have been an ex boyfriend of C.C.

Well, Lelouch erasing Shirley's memories without her consent is too much dark even for this show. Lelouch resembles a villain more than a hero now.

But I guess he did it for her own good. Shirley was a pretty suicidal mess as seen in episode beginning where she begins to write what looks eerily similar to a suicide letter.

Wiping her memories is probably the best way for him to ensure she never interferes in his life again and stays ok.

But damn Mao immediately roasting Shirley within few seconds of meeting her. Damn he roasted her wayyyyyyyyy bad. Especially for a mind reader.

Well, Lelouch not only lost his best friend, but even himself within one episode.

Way tooo dark episode. As if the previous episodes weren't dark enough already, this just ramps it up to 11.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 5, 2021 1:04 PM

Feb 2020
I'm kinda disappointed that Lelouch made Shirley forget everything. I found her character development to be interesting, I wanted to see more of that. But if it can serve Lelouch's development, well... I just hope it's not just a sacrifice for the sake of drama. (Also, I'm kinda surprised to see people on this thread talking about this memory loss like it's something super deep. Code Geass really isn't the first nor the last show to use that trope, and I didn't feel like it is the one that used it the best either.)

I like Mao though, he is fun and intriguing. I'm curious to see what exactly is his relationship with C.C.. And speaking of which, I really liked C.C.'s outfit in this ep, but I wonder why exactly did she decide to wear that, because if it is in an attempt not to stand out that's kinda... A total failure. I mean, I'd be much more intrigued to see a girl looking like a gothic doll than a one in a simple white suit.
Jun 7, 2021 3:28 PM

Aug 2018
C.C's outfit was fucking sexy

fuck you Shirley! I'm so glad she lost her memories of Lelouch!

Jun 26, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
Maou was probably the former partner of C.C, Lelouch brainwashed Shirley. And she doesn't know a single thing about Lelouch anymore. Well, he lost a precious friend. Will probably affect him a lot in this serie. C.C's dress was really cute.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 15, 2021 4:20 AM

Jun 2021
he erased the memories of lulu from shirley memories.this scenece really made me sad.lulu lost shirley
Sep 13, 2021 6:38 AM
May 2021
Bruh this episode hit hard. This anime gives me depression. I understand why Lelouch made Shirley forget everything but still he did her so dirty. She was my favorite girl, she even shot someone for Lelouch bro. I can't continue this anime tbh. 10/10 episode tho
Sep 13, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2021
Skirroz98_NL said:
Lelouch you asshole! You do not deserve her even after she forgives you for killing her father!

I’m all for Shirley x Suzaku now!
that ain't gonna happen sadly
Sep 17, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2021
He didn’t have to do that all he had to do was let her forget everything up to the point of her father’s death memories are irreplaceable but also I understand why he had to do it
Oct 6, 2021 2:56 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Lelouch erased Shirley's memories of him.

It turns out that there are other people who have the power of geass, and it seems that the power of geass is different.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

278 by pargz »»
May 13, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Jul 29, 2007

241 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Crystal - Mar 29, 2007

216 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

391 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Feb 23, 2008

166 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.