Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2009 8:23 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THANK YOU, MAYA
FREAKING THANK YOU

Here I thought she'd be stuck in a cloud of ignorance until the finale of the manga itself, but then she goes and figures it out logically!

It's about time we got some flashback, but just. . .woah, Masumi. The lengths Hayami senior went to to train him for the business. . .and giving up on him in a hostage situation. . .these past few episodes, I've really started to root for his happiness, preferably at Maya's side.
May 29, 2011 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
I can't hope but things will turn out well for Hayami, too, now that we've gotten a little bit more info about his background. Pretty terrible "father", if you ask me.

Ayumi's determination is nice, but... in the end, it'll probably be Maya who gets the role... right?! And thank goodness she finally decided to confirm the theory that Hayami = "Mr. Purple Roses". Hopefully it won't negatively impact her acting or something, though...
Jul 22, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2012
HOLY SHIT! She figured it out.

Wow, Masumi had a terrible past.
May 10, 2014 4:48 AM
Oct 2009
lol so many flashbacks in the beginning that I totally forgot that Maya read that note about the red scarf xD but she was smart enough (surprisingly) to test him, n he took the bait n yeah the cat is out of the bag now~ woo~

so Hayami's mother died after that fire as a result of it or what?
Apr 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2015
Masumi Hayami's back story is a turbulent one. It makes you understand why he is the way he is.

So glad she finally realizes he is Mr. Purple Roses.
Aug 10, 2017 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
"Damn it! I told you to drive faster! Not spin out of control and crash!"
Worst taxi experience ever.
Aug 15, 2017 6:37 AM
Aug 2014
Not sure why your complaining about the person who helped you out so many times now you've finally figured out who it was.

Not sure I like using just one episode to tell Hayami's past; especially so late.
Nov 13, 2017 1:27 AM

Aug 2014
merle_noir said:
it'll probably be Maya who gets the role... right?!.

she better otherwise whats the point of this show..
Dec 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Oct 2015
Hayami's backstory was actually a great watch. Damn, his father was so obsessed with Tsukikage, I guess even now though. But I can say he's more in love with her role in the scarlet.

Cliffhanger was mind blowing.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 2, 2022 7:40 AM

Feb 2012
The backstory was fine, but it was presented in the wrong place in the series. Since backstories are always going to break the flow of the main story, it doesn't make sense to show it just before the end. It'll break the tension just when it should be getting stronger, and also most of its impact is lost because there's no time to show the past's effects to the present in a way that would offer relief. Now we just got confirmation of the causes, the results of which we've already seen. For example, that planetarium scene with Maya would have been much more effective had we seen this backstory a lot earlier.
Jun 26, 2022 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
Masumi's step dad is delusional. I think he fell in love with the actress and couldn't see her past her role. He should be in therapy imo. An obsession is pretty bad if you think your real wife should go into fire to save your fake waifu merchandise. I- I have no words. It kinda turned it into a revenge story by getting those rights.

Anyway, that ending made me lol she really hates the reveal.
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Dec 2022
Masumi's backstory is chef's kiss. Love how toxic his stepfather is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 43 Discussion

Tsulaa - Oct 31, 2011

4 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.