Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2009 6:29 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Incredible continuation of explanations about the last events! Absolutely brilliant! Writing this after a big party with wine (friend turned 18). Ok the beginning was completely not expected....Mass Media showing everywhere Ogata Eiji...something about a scandal/another scandal of Menou lipsynch. Some police came to arrest Eiji and the hidden studio. Frank talked for first time and I have to say I like his serious voice. Misaki also at the same time released that story of Menou. Looks like the media are pushing things with Eiji by including the scandal of Rina that was covered up with the cigarette buying. Guess Tamaru was not too happy with Hiragii's methods nor with Misaki from how he reacted. Evaluation was rude to Yuka to cut her off earlier than she finished her show ( found it was nice how they inserted the song to show Kanzaki thinking about the past of her daughters). Rina was singing so nicely Natsuko's song. What followed was something I never though possible but only rumors from the game players....Eiji kisses Yuki! O_O What in the world is wrong with such a pig! Insulting part! Yuki never wanted this from her reaction and running to Touya! Also they kissed while both crying and emotional distress? WIHN (What In Heaven's Name) This is bad!
Another thing is that at the very end of ED/preview You can see little Yuki being kissed by little Rina.....does it mean a possible Yuki x Rina?What makes me worried is that Hiiragi was in there as a security and it made me worried that he will go either after Yayoi or Yuki or Rina. What in the world happened to Rina with that drink....is she poisoned or has her voice damaged? From the looks of Hiiragi seeing this.
Looks like I got the wrong impression of Touya x Menou...they did nothing and Touya even slept under his table...I also know Menou was hiding at the neighbors' place until Touya came is how she got into his place.
Loved the whole Natsuko's song playing while explaining how she was found by Menou from the dirty streets (that was so emotional for me). Natsuko also learned to play electric piano, drums and even setting up some the equipment (was thinking that Rina was as nice as to Yuka). Too bad Natsuko got interrupted with neighbors complaints.
I rejoiced and got so happy at Akira being not dead but in the hospital with Haruka visiting him and Touya being friendly with him ok.

Something interesting about the ED...you can those are the figures of Misaki/Haruka/Yayoi/Mana/Menou so I wonder where they are going with this here=>
What will be the reaction of Yuki in the next episode with seeing Menou at Touya's place....I wonder. Overall once again loved the episode.
francismeunierDec 19, 2009 5:57 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 12, 2009 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
lol, I love this show when it fcks the audience over~ xD

Even though i saw the eiji x yuki thing coming, I never really materialized it inside my head. And when Eiji actually kissed Yuki I was like, "lol nooo, dont fuck with me pls". Too bad yuki doesnt like it though~

And in all honesty, I dont really get what the whole scandal is about.
Menou confessed about her never sang a song and theres also that faked sex scandal about her. But whats up with Eiji? As far as I understood he is involved in something about trading those paintings and tax problems. but why makes such a big fuzz about it? and who made these rumors? Misaki? and why? And I dont get why he cant just come out and say its not true but i guess thats something of the 80s~

francismeunier said:
hat in the world happened to Rina with that drink....is she poisoned or has her voice damaged? From the looks of Hiiragi seeing this.
I certainly like to know that as well. i sure hope for at least a somewhat happy end for Rina~ (me <--- never really cared about Yuki for one sec ... -_-)

francismeunier said:
Another thing is that at the very end of ED/preview You can see little Yuki being kissed by little Rina.....does it mean a possible Yuki x Rina?
I find almost all the EDs pretty interesting, at least somewhat artful~ Like the one before last ep, a girl dancing in the rain, then suddenly takes off her clothes lol~
I dont know what Rina kissing Yuki here realy means, but i guess it has some relation to the kiss in this ep, and rina x yuki relationship feels for me like actually one of the deepest anyway and is being heavily hinted everywhere, in op, earlier eps etc...

anyway, cant wait to see the end of this all as always :-)
Dec 12, 2009 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
Franky's voice is not what I expected. Still, him speaking ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time.
Dec 12, 2009 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
MrRogers said:
Franky's voice is not what I expected. Still, him speaking ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time.
isnt it also the first time that we hear Menou's friend speak/sing?
Dec 12, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
No it's not the first time she even talk or sing, she have singed in another episode too but the song was quite short.
Yeah I like her voices wonder why she had talang but why did Menou lipsync for her songs.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 12, 2009 9:15 PM

Jan 2009
wow this show is so much better than First season its insane! i love this damn show. To bad its very underrated.
Dec 13, 2009 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
C'MON! I'm really hoping for a Touya X Rina!!
i dont know why but i want it :)

seems like the story is getting better and better and the end comes near...
2 more eps

just really curious as to what happened to rina and what menou was talking about at the end
Dec 13, 2009 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....LOLOLOLOLOL FUCK YEA!!! PIMP THAT BIATCH, EIJI!!! WAY TO GO, EIJI!!! AWWW SHIT, THIS GUY'S TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS XDDDD

And yea, Touya, she's not air anymore, she's crap now...TEH LULZ XD

The songs are actually not that bad, but since I got the pleasure to hear too much awesome and lovely songs this weekend, WA's songs only sound like shit to my ears sadly, and what's more LULZworthy is how the girl was told to STFU by the neighbors LOL

Ahhhh....Only bad thing is that punk bitch Sunohara is not dead, but a very satisfactory and FAPulously funny episode nonetheless... XD

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 13, 2009 12:51 AM
Jul 2009
Blackbird said:
No it's not the first time she even talk or sing, she have singed in another episode too but the song was quite short.
Yeah I like her voices wonder why she had talang but why did Menou lipsync for her songs.

Maybe stage fright? Also M3's president was saying something about Menou not being able to let go of her talent. So maybe she wasn't cut out for the business...

I'm really curious about Rina's drink.
Dec 13, 2009 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
so many scandals, its so confusing! and whats wrong with rina? is she sick, i wonder?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 13, 2009 2:04 AM

Oct 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so many scandals, its so confusing! and whats wrong with rina? is she sick, i wonder?
The kye here is...what was that drink she drank...some poison in th tea? It looked like green tea activated by hot water but what was it mixed with before the hot water went inside?
vinesage said:
lol, I love this show when it fcks the audience over~ xD

Well it did quite a number on me since I was drunk from a friends party.
vinesage said:
Even though i saw the eiji x yuki thing coming, I never really materialized it inside my head. And when Eiji actually kissed Yuki I was like, "lol nooo, dont fuck with me pls". Too bad yuki doesnt like it though~

Yeah I was more, you pig swine get off of her, now you dirtied her.
vinesage said:
Menou confessed about her never sang a song and theres also that faked sex scandal about her. But whats up with Eiji? As far as I understood he is involved in something about trading those paintings and tax problems. but why makes such a big fuzz about it? and who made these rumors? Misaki? and why? And I dont get why he cant just come out and say its not true but i guess thats something of the 80s~

I think it could be those guys from the past that tried to ruin Rina and somehow Hiiragi, maybe that person working for Kanzaki or someone who does not like Eiji that has connections. I do agree with you friend that Eiji should just admit but I think he took first steps already by calling police to turn himself in.
francismeunier said:
what in the world happened to Rina with that drink....is she poisoned or has her voice damaged? From the looks of Hiiragi seeing this.
vinesage said:
I certainly like to know that as well. i sure hope for at least a somewhat happy end for Rina~ (me <--- never really cared about Yuki for one sec ... -_-)

Yeah, I though Hiiragi would go more for Yuki and Yayoi....
francismeunier said:
Another thing is that at the very end of ED/preview You can see little Yuki being kissed by little Rina.....does it mean a possible Yuki x Rina?
vinesage said:
I find almost all the EDs pretty interesting, at least somewhat artful~ Like the one before last ep, a girl dancing in the rain, then suddenly takes off her clothes lol~
That was also strange....but this tops them all.
vinesage said:
I dont know what Rina kissing Yuki here realy means, but i guess it has some relation to the kiss in this ep, and rina x yuki relationship feels for me like actually one of the deepest anyway and is being heavily hinted everywhere, in op, earlier eps etc...
Yes that is exact and it will be interesting to see where it goes.

vinesage said:
anyway, cant wait to see the end of this all as always :-)
Of course count me in too, we should try to synchronize with the last episode to comment a lot on it.
francismeunierDec 13, 2009 2:15 AM

Dec 13, 2009 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
This is just so messed up. I really hope Yuki and Touya won't get back together, since all they are looking for right now in each other is consolation.
And that moment between Eiji and Yuki, the same, he was just looking for comfort and probably very out of his mind. Just desperately trying to grasp at anything to forget everything. To evade the truth.

I still like the soundtrack the most of this show, I always look out for the OP every week, and the sweet insert song sung by Yuki.. almost makes you forget she's voiced by Hirano.

And oh, not one mention anymore about his dad? Are you that cold, are you truly made out of stone not to lament the fact that your father died?

And hey dingo Francis, put that pic in a tag please, you already spoiled it for me :')
desolatoDec 13, 2009 5:10 AM
Dec 13, 2009 8:42 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, what an episode but that is nothing-less I expected from WU, really WU like.

The only thing I am disappointed in this episode was that I feel like there is something missing unexplained.

What exactly wrong with the scandal that made Eiji so confused about, didn't seem to be explained well.

I am not really sure who was the one that do something to Rina at the end, maybe someone doesn't want her to sing at Venus?

The only thing I can really see in this episode is that Menou is trying to get rid of everything. By "everything" I mean both companies.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 13, 2009 4:36 PM

Oct 2009
Siva said:
What exactly wrong with the scandal that made Eiji so confused about, didn't seem to be explained well.

Maybe it's true and he is confused about whether to confess or hide but it looks from the end that he turns himself in....wonder if he will solve all this?
Siva said:
I am not really sure who was the one that do something to Rina at the end, maybe someone doesn't want her to sing at Venus?

I though so too but why would Hiiragi get involved? I though it was something to do with Yayoi/Yuki?
Siva said:
The only thing I can really see in this episode is that Menou is trying to get rid of everything. By "everything" I mean both companies.
Probably because it ruined her family a lot. I can see that somehow with Kanzaki thinking about her when she was at the airport leaving her side.

Dec 14, 2009 7:36 AM

Mar 2008
Wow... Touya asking what number goddess Menou is... that really pissed me off... time to add another person to my "shit list"

I am totally hoping for a nice boat ending!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 8:37 AM

Mar 2008
the drama THE DRAMA :''D

Damn I'm just laughing like hell ...and ENJOYING this.
Dec 14, 2009 4:59 PM
May 2008
Oh my god! That show is just awesome. It's being the best of the year to me.
I can't belive a fuck on what my eyes are seeing, it's just awesome.
One of the best shows ever \o/

But now lets' speculate about "Lina's" (Rina) juice. To be honest, I haven't realized that the security guy (Hiiragi right?) might have set up in to Ogata's drink, at the moment I just thought that she had only choked with it, but after reading francismeunier, all started to make sense... Then comes the question, was it poison or was it just to spoil her voice.

Well, considering that it is an anime, i think that they wouldn't go too far, then the juice is probably just spoiled and will fuck with her voice, the chance of her dying or get sick by poisoning is low. But can also happen. So imo she will not be able to sing at Venus but that will be all.

Another point what called my attention was Eiji kissing Yuki, was a very strong scene, not expected by (before the hug behind the coach) and was cool to see her going to Touya's place to apologize with him, and tell the whole story then Menou walks out of the room. Was another shocking scene.

So this time they managed to assemble lots of strongs scenes in the same episode, without loosing balance, the episode was good form the start to the very last second (including jikai) now let's see how will be Yuki's reaction, cuz something cool will definitly happens!
And now looking forward to the next episode!

PS - Sry if i wrote something wrong, english isn't my 1st language.
Dec 14, 2009 5:46 PM

Jun 2007
So much drama!!!! I loved this episode XD muahaha!

Dec 14, 2009 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
jdigital said:
But now lets' speculate about "Lina's" (Rina) juice. To be honest, I haven't realized that the security guy (Hiiragi right?) might have set up in to Ogata's drink, at the moment I just thought that she had only choked with it, but after reading francismeunier, all started to make sense... Then comes the question, was it poison or was it just to spoil her voice.

Consider herself lucky since the pig didn't drug her juice then brought her to a deserted place and erm-you-know-what her, that's the kinda vibe I always get whenever I see those pigs anyway... And amusing enough, they 90% do what I expect them lowly shitty pigs to do 8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 14, 2009 8:10 PM

Aug 2007
I think Yuki liked it and felt bad, unlike scumbag. And it was a pretty neutral kiss.

Read my anime scumbag post about Makoto vs. Touya. School Days stuff, though, so warning. http://myanimelist.net/blog/Yandere
YandereDec 14, 2009 8:13 PM
Usotsuki. 
Dec 15, 2009 2:46 PM
Dec 2007
I just confirmed two things in this episode:

- Touya doesn't care so much about Yuki anymore.
- Rina is an incredibly strong and complex character, plus she's voiced by Mizuki Nana, making her the main reason to watch this show (apart from the very dark and well-depicted atmosphere).

The developments were good and the rythm is accelerating a bit, so I'm really looking forward to the end. Even more when you take into account that anything can happen from now on, good or bad. I'm wishing for a nice boat ending as a lot of people here but I have the feeling we'll have a very conventional, maybe romantic ending.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 16, 2009 12:42 AM

Sep 2007
....holy shit this show is one hot mess.
Dec 16, 2009 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:
but it's amazing.. and i'm always excited to see the next one..
Dec 16, 2009 4:35 AM

Oct 2009
argilium said:
Wasabi said:
We all are at this point.

Dec 16, 2009 11:17 AM

Oct 2008

Mizuki-san will be releasing another chara single along with Hirano Aya..

Dec 16, 2009 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
So.. Does that mean Menou's career is over? O.o
Wait what? Did I miss something? Why're there police running around searching for Eiji? O.o Oh well, since when did I expect to understand this anime to the fullest?xD
Oh I see, that's what it was.

Wait what? Touya's gone mad? Is there anything wrong with Haruka now all of a sudden?
Baaaawwww Akira's alive D:

"I don't want to lose anything anymore."
I hope he means he doesn't want to lose Yuki either? Or.. Actually.. How the heck is he going to make sure he doesn't lose anything at all? =.=' Friggin' impossible.

I won't write about the intricate stuff. I don't feel like it x)

Anywho, Menou's pretty sweet anyway.
And.. Yayoi.. Damn I really don't like her D:

Piggy photographer guy btw lol. He doesn't really cut it as a policeman, huh?xD

WHAT? Eiji.. Excuse me but wth are you doing? ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

And what? Who's putting acid in Rina's "coffee"? ಠ_ಠ
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 16, 2009 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
This was a hilariously bad episode. The "we don't have time to sufficiently answer questions, so here's Kanzaki and Rina discussing everything absolutely out of character" was crazy, and yet they still managed to be unclear about a few salient points. The first being that Kanzaki seems to have schemed up this whole mess with Eiji, thinking that he was actually going to commit fraud and he didn't. When Rina reveals that he isn't guilty of foul play, she should have been shocked. Otherwise, what exactly did she think her endgame was going to be, framing Eiji for crimes he didn't commit, and making it public?

Then Yuki's dumbass goes to look for Eiji, let's him kiss her, then backs off as though he did something the didn't expect. She was all about that kiss for a little bit. Dumb bitch...then she goes running to Touya. They are now exactly alike.

And WHAT THE FUCK! How is Akira alive, let alone unscathed? That truck seemed to be heading at him quickly, and he has a band-aid on his head. No one's dying. The show doesn't seem to have the balls to do that. If someone does die, it will only undermine the way they've dealt with Akira, Misaki, and I'm guessing Rina.

So now I'm going to go through vinesage and Siva's comments to see if I can clear anything up.
vinesage said:

All the shady business Kanzaki was doing with the paintings was an attempt to extort money out of Eiji. I'm guessing that they're version of the IRS saw weird accounting in Eiji's books (getting rid of paintings, selling Kanzaki Rina and the studio, etc.) and pursued him on it. He just hasn't been upfront with his expenditures, and when you run a business, you have to be meticulous or crap like this happens.

It's not a matter of Eiji coming out and saying it's a misunderstanding, because now he seems to have realized that his childish, mentally unsound decisions have cost him his lively hood. Thanks to Yuki calling out his delusion on the paintings, he's realized that not only has he worked toward nothing, but that he gave everything up for it. That the cops are after him is an absolute afterthought. He's just running away from his problems like a chiild.

Siva said:

The only thing I am disappointed in this episode was that I feel like there is something missing unexplained.

It wasn't really explained well. Leave it to the show to forego coherence in order to maximize impact.

I don't think Menou cares about anything at this point. And looking at the track record of the show, I'll just guess that Rina didn't expect the tea to be so hot, choked on it, and burned her tongue.
Dec 16, 2009 4:21 PM

Mar 2008
thank God Akira's alive. I was a bit displeased with it at first, but then realized we didn't see what happens and Akira most likely just got scared bu the car and fall from his bicycle (he's new at riding it afterall)

why Eiji's so confused? I think it's just like he said himself:
"I can't go on...
Everything's gone...
My paintings, my hideout, my company, my name, my Rina, and my dreams"
He lost his shell and just like a newborn child who's seeing the world for the first time, he's confused. Besides, it wasn't just a shell. It was his PRECIOUS shell. In other words
noteDhero said:
he's realized that not only has he worked toward nothing, but that he gave everything up for it. That the cops are after him is an absolute afterthought. He's just running away from his problems like a child.

Jacut said:
- Touya doesn't care so much about Yuki anymore.

I strongly disagree. In fact, this is the very first time when Touya cares about Yuki so much. This is the very first time she became his saviour-goddess. And the more I think about it, the more I come to a conclusion that during the previous years they were so close that they lost that feeling of preciousness between the two. And now, after all these events, after being separated, after having so many regrets about their doings they now have a chance to jump to a new level in their relationship they couldn't reach earlier.

But what I'm a bit scared about is that they will leave something hidden and unexplained even after the end.... of all things the least one I want is an open or unfinished ending. And I kinda expected them to start telling a lot at the last episodes - they were hiding too much during the whole series. So it's finally time to open the kinder-surprise choco egg and see what's inside ^^
Dec 17, 2009 8:34 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
And looking at the track record of the show, I'll just guess that Rina didn't expect the tea to be so hot, choked on it, and burned her tongue.

I have thought that and thinking that maybe she was thinking too much. Maybe I am thinking too much LOL. Well we will see it.

noteDhero said:
I don't think Menou cares about anything at this point.
I don't know if I remember it correct but I think she stated it somewhere during the last couple episode that she love Touya(something like she wants him for herself alone). And the way she was acting in these last couple episodes is questionable. More than just self-destructed, it is like she is plotting for Touya and her own happiness alone.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 17, 2009 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
When I said anything, I meant in relation to what you said about her trying to destroy both companies. I don't think she cares about how her actions affect M&M and Ogata. Like I said a few episodes ago, she's doing it all for her "happiness" and in this show, Touya is happiness.
Dec 17, 2009 8:25 PM

Jun 2007
Wow that was rushed. I thought I missed an episode for a second there.

noteDhero said:

All the shady business Kanzaki was doing with the paintings was an attempt to extort money out of Eiji. I'm guessing that they're version of the IRS saw weird accounting in Eiji's books (getting rid of paintings, selling Kanzaki Rina and the studio, etc.) and pursued him on it. He just hasn't been upfront with his expenditures, and when you run a business, you have to be meticulous or crap like this happens.

Correct, Tamaru's dad mentioned in a past episode that Eiji was looking for buyers for his paintings but there was rumors that Eiji had money problems and was doing shady business under the table. The paintings where also rumored to be fakes. If someone like Tamaru's dad heard rumors like that then it would be easy to see the police catching wind too. The accusations are fake though so Eiji just needs to be audited. Eiji acted like a child and went into hiding. Looks like now he's going to face the police head on and explain though.

Akira being perfectly ok was a big surprise lol. This is one reason why I thought I missed an episode.

Yuki was an idiot this episode. She confronts a man having a breakdown and acts like she's interested in him. What's even more stupid is she runs back to Touya LIKE NOTHING WAS EVER HOLDING HER BACK. If she was in love with him she should have done that episodes ago for god sakes. Now Touya has a crying Yuki crying out words that are easily misunderstood. I'm thinking he may misunderstand and think she was raped by Eiji and find her undesirable. They're both retards so they should still stick together though....just don't bread.

Menou apparently sees Yuki as the real....(goddess?).

Again waaaay to much info to comprehend and come up with theory's now.
Dec 18, 2009 1:47 PM

Mar 2008
DeathfireD said:

Menou apparently sees Yuki as the real....(goddess?).

yup, I think Menou was saying there:
"So, you've finally appeared (become)... the real... (Goddess)" - Yuki had always been just an Air for Touya, but never a Goddess.

noteDhero said:
and in this show, Touya is happiness.

Lol, somehow made me think: now Haruhi is the Goddess, and Touya is the God. Time to spread the 'Touyaism' religion ^^
Dec 19, 2009 5:06 AM

Oct 2009
Just wanted to say:
Fantastic Job on analyzing all this guys/girls....keep up the work for next episode! I made some material available

Dec 19, 2009 5:14 AM

Jan 2009
francis.. You know.. People usually go on to the next episode as soon as they've watched the episode, you don't have to advertise that you've made a thread for the next episode.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 20, 2009 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
that sure was a twist init ?

Dec 20, 2009 7:40 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francis.. You know.. People usually go on to the next episode as soon as they've watched the episode, you don't have to advertise that you've made a thread for the next episode.
Forget it, you don't get it.

Jan 26, 2010 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Yuki's song had once again make me moved...
Feb 4, 2011 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
Wasabi said:
We all are at this point.

LOL I can't hardly disagree with all of you because I feel the same!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 11, 2012 7:08 PM

Nov 2011
Yuki seems to be confused just about everything.
Dec 22, 2012 6:46 PM

Dec 2007
This episode wasn't confusing. It was just all over the place.
Feb 21, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2011
Murder scene c'mon! Last hope to save the series, its not too late!!!
Aug 20, 2013 8:15 AM
Nov 2010
why did tamura become so angry... didnt he get his scoop?
Hi
Apr 12, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2012
Oh wow Yuki... I didn't expect that... but well cheating is just the main theme here so to be honest we can expect it from any character now.
Apr 22, 2015 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
Woo! Akira is still alive! Although he's a lot less hurt than I thought someone would be after getting hit by a vehicle. He looks like he barely has any scratches!

When Touya started to run out of the hospital room to Yuki because he was worried made me laugh. You don't give a shit about her. Who are you fooling?

Looks like Touya didn't have sex with Menou. That's fine I guess. At least he can keep it in his pants once every billion times.

Didn't expect Eiji to kiss Yuki. I was like "NOOOOO!" but she pushed him back.

What the hell was in that drink that Rina drank? I was wonder what the hell she was outting in the cup as she was filling it up. It was green so maybe really hot tea? It couldn't have been something really acidic, can it? I hope she can still sing.
May 20, 2015 9:38 PM

Aug 2014
Eiji is only 28? Dont get me wrong, he looks young and all. I just thought that with him being the owner of a big music company, I thought that he would be close to the age of the owner of M&M. But I guess not. So I guess that his hair color is dyed then.

So Yuki and Eiji huh? I like that couple :)

And Yuki is allowed to cheat since Touya has been cheating first. So its fair game.

On a serious note, the last 3 minutes were great, from the moment Yuki entered the apartment-hideout that Eiji was in. With the two of them going through so many emotions, that scene between the two of them and the kiss between of them was GREAT. Well done!
oooo3333Jan 10, 2022 4:13 PM
May 21, 2015 2:25 AM
Mar 2015
ooo333 said:

So Yuki and Eiji huh? I like that couple :)

I can't believe you said that.
When she hugged him I was like "please don't kiss him"
And than he touched her lips and I was like "No No NO!"
than she kissed him
"NOOOOOOOOOO!!! why did you take Yuki away from me?
the only good characters left are Mana and Haruka, and that guitar girl that plays music for Menou"

this is the first show I've watched that has more characters I dislike than those that I do.
And I still liked the show for what it was... Still can't really answer why though.
May 21, 2015 6:16 PM
Mar 2015
ooo333 said:
Kdsamreuang said:

I can't believe you said that.
When she hugged him I was like "please don't kiss him"
And than he touched her lips and I was like "No No NO!"
than she kissed him
"NOOOOOOOOOO!!! why did you take Yuki away from me?
the only good characters left are Mana and Haruka, and that guitar girl that plays music for Menou"

this is the first show I've watched that has more characters I dislike than those that I do.
And I still liked the show for what it was... Still can't really answer why though.

Shes allowed to cheat. The male MC has been cheating on her, so fair is fair. If the male MC was not cheating, and she would then kiss Eji, then thats bad. But that wasnt the situation here.

The best characters for me are Yayoi and Rina. If I can ever get a chick like Yayoi.... YEAH!!!!

I think I can guess why you like this show.... well, these are my reasons.

1- There are no cliches and no fanservice. This is one of the thing that many harem animes always have and always annoy me. But thankfully, this one does not have any of those.

2- This anime is not stuck in one place. Many harem animes are usually at an educational place, work place, or inside a house. This one is all over the place, which is great.

3- There are no one-dimensional or bland characters. My problem with the anime School Days is that Makoto was really bland. If Makoto had an interesting personality, than I would have liked that anime. In WA1, like him or not, the male MC is not bland. Also, WA1 doesnt have those annoying comedy characters.

4- The atmosphere in WA1 is mature from start to finish.

5- This is just me being superficial, but the male MC looks like a guy. A guy's guy. He doesnt look like a wimp or a chick (Makoto from School Days and the male MC of White Album 2).

You know, I sometimes cannot believe at how low this anime is rated and how much this anime is not liked by the anime community. This anime portrays the world in the 1980's perfectly with no cellphones, no internet, no computers, etc.

wow, Yayoi and Rina. We definitely do not have the same taste in woman lol
but nothing wrong with that.
though i am a bit confused now. Yayoi is the one that started this diversion of routes for the MC, while Rina was the one trying to keep the MC and Yuki together (even though Rina started having feelings of her own that isn't realized till later)
I'm baffled you could like the one character that splits them up and the other that tried keeping them together.
Though at the end, it's still the MC's fault on what he decides to do when the opportunity comes up.

also I don't like the idea of her cheating only because her boyfriend did.
I wanted her to be the one character that was too cool to steep that low, having revenge sex or w/e
i'm glad she at least she pushed Eji away, showing me that she still prefers to be the better person than to go down that route
she hasn't lost hope for her cheating boyfriend, which i don't agree with but as long as she doesn't fully become the cheater, than it's cool

if i had to put into words, i agree with most of what you said about why i like this show.
i also can't believe people dislike this show and rate it lowly.
though it's not too hard to believe since it's a show about assholes that's a little too surreal for an anime
but it's not like anyone said anime can't be realistic in terms of human drama
it's just not the usual
which is exactly why i love it. there was no repetitive patterns or themes
that we can point out from other anime's

i just started White Album 2 (on the third episode) and i'm just laughing at the fact that people say this season is godly compared to the first white album.
I was completely intrigued from episode 1 till the end of the first season.
but White Album 2 is not hitting the same spot at all for me.
i hope it gets better.
May 22, 2015 1:41 AM
Mar 2015
ooo333 said:
^ You know, the reason why it didnt bother me too much with Eji is because Eiji is a very cool guy. He's awesome. Great personality. The only flaw I can think of him is that he's too innocent and naive, and when you're in a position of being an owner like he was, thats not good. So when they kissed, it was like she had one bonus card she could use (well... many considering the MC of the anime :P )

My problem with White Album 2 is that, well, the personality of the characters are kinda generic. Its a love triangle where its pretty obvious who the male MC will pick. But not only that, its also obvious whom the majority of the anime fans will want to win.

But White Album 2 does have a great remix of the songs White Albums and Sound of Destiny on episode 7, so look for that.

In terms of music, White Album 2 focuses more on the instruments while White Album 1 focuses more on the singers.

One of the things that I dont like about White Album 2 fans is that when they praise White Album 2, they criticize White Album 1 in the process. One time I went to the White Album 2 forums praising White Album 1 and criticizing White Album 2, and I got destroyed.

i didn't put much thought into Eji's character, or see him as good or bad.
i just didn't want Yuki going down that road.
plus his delusions with those paintings kinda threw me off so i never really
had a great liking for him after that.

yeah i'm not even going to try and go praise white album 1 on that forum.
they're both good for there own reasons, but white album 1 wins gold for me.

so i just marathon'd white album 2 and it was... different.
obviously since it was made by entirely different people.
but the atmosphere and theme was soo different and it just didn't hit the same spots for me.

i did like how they featured the songs and singers we've watched from white album 1. even though they played those same songs way more than we heard them in white album 1.
now i'm totally hooked on the song "white album"

everything about the show was average up until the last few episodes when
the characters really started to dig into the core problem in their relationship.
it was like usual love triangles i've seen where the MC chooses someone and than
everyone else is just dropped from the story. and his choice was obvious like you said.
the originality of this show for me was that they actually showed confrontation from all parties when all the cards was on the table about who was into who.
Even though some events i couldn't agree with, or just felt weird about.
i guess cause most romance shows i watch usually only involved two mates. and the few harem's i've seen didn't involved cheating.
but damn, this show, and white album 1, and NHK all had cheating.
i know it's not anyone's original intention to cheat, but i just hate it so much.
it's hard to watch characters i start to like have to get hurt like that.
so it's also harder for me to give praise to a show that contains so much of it.
which is why i have to give props to white album 1 for giving me a show
filled with assholes constantly cheating, and still make it interesting for me.

(also white album 2 wins the award for most awkward kissing scenes)

that ending really bugged me too.

not all shows can have a happy end. but even for a sad ending, that conclusion just doesn't sit well with me. but i guess that's the point. love hurts deep.
and sometimes things get real messy.
(i literally just finished the show a few minutes ago, so i'm still feeling some heartache from this whole thing lol)
KaeDeeSssMay 22, 2015 3:38 AM
May 22, 2015 1:42 AM
Mar 2015
u got any other shows i would like based on the fact that i liked white album 1.

or any other shows u really liked that other people hated.

actually i just saw that two of your fav characters are from Glasslip.
thats another show someone recommended me but felt a little iffy about because
of the amount of low ratings it got.
considering we both like a show that also had low ratings, would i like that show?
KaeDeeSssMay 22, 2015 1:46 AM
Apr 20, 2019 1:06 AM

Aug 2017
Didn't like this episode.

Eiji can't have Yuki. She's in Touya's harem. It doesn't matter what Touya does.

I want some action and fanservice from Menou. And Mana. Especially since Yayoi hasn't made an appearance in ages.

Too bad Akira is still alive. And that idiot fat guard who poisoned the green tea, kill him off already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Dec 24, 2009

131 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 5, 2009

52 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 28, 2009

68 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 6, 2009

62 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 30, 2009

61 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.