Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that is quite something. I think I mean the artwork by the way it's shown on screen along with the action.

We get introduction of the main characters and the show isn't wasting much time to get their roles started. I haven't played the games before but it looks like Lindow is the one that plays a prominent role in this.

Nice action and soundtrack too, impressive.

Stark700Jul 12, 2015 6:53 AM
Jul 12, 2015 7:12 AM
Jan 2015
Well Stark since you made a thread 10 minutes earlier before the episode ended it's understandable you to think that!

But this show is actually full CG, had a somewhat good music too even though it's not that important if compared to extremely relevant aspects as plot and characters (which is average only) but holy shit almost all the scenes are cringeworthy because of all the blatant 3D, it's almost pathetic and explains why it was delayed for weeks.

Well, at least it doesn't look bad as Sidonia at least, I think? It's CGtable after all.

Jul 12, 2015 7:14 AM
Jul 2010
It was delayed a single week.
Also, Sidonia is full 3D and it's intended to be that way.
Jul 12, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
Will they really Eat Gods as title says ?

I Hope no more delays :l

And all this thing kinda reminds of SnK
Soma(If this is his name) so reminds of Zapp :l

OLDCODEX ^^
EtherealisJul 12, 2015 10:15 AM
Jul 12, 2015 7:17 AM

Mar 2015
Have missed the livestream but is the CG really that bad?

Edit: Pretty weak start,I guess I'll watch it just for mindless action.And even in that aspect it has much left to be desired.
_HeroKenzan_Jul 12, 2015 11:09 AM
Jul 12, 2015 7:31 AM
Jan 2015
waterflame said:
It was delayed a single week.
Also, Sidonia is full 3D and it's intended to be that way.

are you talking about ep 1 date? So yes.
"Also, Sidonia is full 3D and it's intended to be that way" no shit sherlock! Thanks god we have an expert here. Do you realize this only makes things even worse for this show right?

HeroKenzan said:
Have missed the livestream but is the CG really that bad?

you tell me

TyrelJul 13, 2015 1:00 AM
Jul 12, 2015 7:33 AM
May 2015
While I haven't watched the raw/subbed.....Why is CG so bad to some people? I watched Sidonia and it was pretty good, I also watched Arpeggio of Blue Steel which had CG that was MILES better than Sidonia (the kind it's hard to tell if it's CG or not). CG just depends on the studio pretty much. Given it's Budget Eater, I trust in it....
Jul 12, 2015 7:35 AM
Jul 2010
This isn't CG, that's just how the character designs are.
MasterTengkorakJul 12, 2015 5:24 PM
Jul 12, 2015 7:49 AM
Oct 2014
Reminds me of Borderlands..
Jul 12, 2015 8:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
OST is really freaking good. The animation and artstyle puts me off though and our main seems to be the generic type one.

The fights are sick!
Jul 12, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
People who played the game - what about main plot of it? Or anime's plot doesnt't have any connection with it? It kinda disturbs me.
Jul 12, 2015 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
Somewhat unsatisfied with the OP actually. It felt pretty bland, even for J-rock.
Jul 12, 2015 8:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Same, I'm not feeling the OP much but so far the visuals looks quite okay
Jul 12, 2015 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
it's been a long time since i finished the game. The 1st episode looks promising for me, but i expect more actually...
PizzaWarrior said:
People who played the game - what about main plot of it? Or anime's plot doesnt't have any connection with it? It kinda disturbs me.
The main plot? it's about fenrir fighting the aragamis.
From the trailers and the OP scene, it's look like they will adapt the game story into the anime
Jul 12, 2015 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
Well everyone who has actually seen it can say they noticed the art style. It's definitely not bad, just different.
Jul 12, 2015 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
it looks okay to me.
Jul 12, 2015 8:26 AM
Apr 2014
Meh, a SNK clone with monsters instead of titans, nothing really stands out.
Jul 12, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2015

Awesome start. Renka's the kind of non-wimpy MC I like.
Art style took a bit of getting used to and OP was nice too.

Couldn't help but notice Lindow was smoking in the rain.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Is this supposed to be ufotables next big thing

This was supposed to succeed the fate series

Wtf is this trash I can't stand that cg
Jul 12, 2015 8:43 AM
May 2015
@:Harem_King: It's actually cel-shaded not CG IMO judging from the screenshots/gifs. I pity people who can't adapt to different artstyles
Jul 12, 2015 8:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a pretty great first episode

As I stated earlier, I loved the visuals - Art style really fits the series well and the CGI was by no means bad at all....Character designs were on point too and the animation was fluid for the most part

In terms of the characters, so far I really liked Renka and his classmate...Their instructor was pretty hot and had a good personality and the director guy seems cool too but Squad 1 were the epitome of awesome, especially Lindow....Can't wait to see the white haired chick too

Action was real good as well and the OST which was freaking amazing btw made it 1000 times better.....The training and development stuff was really nice too because I actually like our MC a lot but in also glad to see that he still has a long way to go before he can become a true badass but he has the right attitude for it

Overall I really like the setting so I'm hoping for even more world building and more explanations about the monsters and how the God Eater program was formed....Story seems pretty basic too but we'll see how it goes
Jul 12, 2015 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Geez. Out of all the bad things the artstyle was bad? You'll get used to it. Definitely not the worst.
Harem_King said:

yeah, that's not really cgi.
Jul 12, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2014
salmon3669 said:
Geez. Out of all the bad things the artstyle was bad? You'll get used to it. Definitely not the worst.
Harem_King said:

yeah, that's not really cgi.
Ya but it looks like it so it's still jarring
Jul 12, 2015 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
SchwingBoner said:

Awesome start. Renka's the kind of non-wimpy MC I like.
Art style took a bit of getting used to and OP was nice too.

Couldn't help but notice Lindow was smoking in the rain.

That's because Lindow is so awesome, rain doesn't dare put out his cigarette. j/k

First episode was alright. This might be a difficult series to grapple with at first because the MC in the game is completely custom made. They're essentially going to have to Yuu Narukami (Persona 4) his character because there really isn't a backstory to his character in the game. The only difference is Yuu Narukami in Persona 4 does have a backstory, its just that the player creates his name and the decisions he makes throughout the game. The MC in God Eater doesn't quite have that.

Rena doesn't seem to have a whole lot of personality. I hope the writers at least give him something or else this going to be a pretty boring series outside of the fight scenes.
Jul 12, 2015 8:55 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty slow first episode, but it picked up near the end. Not too big on the artstyle...Amamiya's boobs were probably the best thing about this but I'll keep watching for now.
Jul 12, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Turning Humans close to GOD huh? Just how stupid could this be?!
Okay, The story what somewhat interesting along with the characters and the animation style was just fine.
The OP along with the OST was also just fine. Lastly the whole episode was just okay.
But It definitely needs more extensive action scenes to give the "God Eater" title justice in the next week's episode.
And where the hell is the ED? Be sure to make it better compared to the lame OP!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 12, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
Wouldn't it be hard to put on some clothing with those fucking huge bracelets? There's no way the teacher lady could ever have put on the tight-ass jacket she was wearing.

Action was okay. The overall presentation was great though. My high expectations weren't really met, but I still liked the episode. I hope the action scenes get better later though. Go ufotable, you can do it.
Jul 12, 2015 8:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The MC is generic af tho.
Well, idk... it was ok.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 12, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
New-Type and impulsive... reminds of someone.

I kind of enjoy this style of art. For the action, weird how I didn't exactly thought much of the 1st unit just destroying the monsters, but the monster's combo to get rid of the MC's weapon was something.

I think I would enjoy some of the action that this series would bring forth. Other than that, not sure what else to expect from this.
Jul 12, 2015 9:02 AM

May 2009
Looks OK. Waiting for next episode.
Jul 12, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
It was Ok

OP

Jul 12, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
It took me a while to get used to the art but apart from that I didn't have any complains.

As for the story, well there is humanity at the brink of destruction, some monsters that lead to that destruction (or are result of it), and the usual newbie but promising MC who will be saving the world at episode 13.

There are endless amount of directions as to where the story will go from here so so far there is no much to say about it.

Needless to say though, I will definitely watch it even if it becomes incredibly terrible and that is because there two seiyu Hirata Hiroaki, Nakai Kazuya AKA Sanji and Zoro from One Piece (and AKA many other).

It doesn't seem that it will become terrible although the story starts when MC begins his trainings so will the story really manages to develop enough and give a good conclusion in 13 episodes with this kind of premise.
Jul 12, 2015 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
Harem_King said:

I have no idea why people expected this to be Fate 2.0 simply because ufotable is working on it. Reminds me of the whole "Glasslip is the next NagiAsu!" rage last summer.
Jul 12, 2015 9:21 AM
Sep 2013
It might take a while for me to get used to the art style. Though I still have high hopes for this series because of the director. Also
DesuTronic said:
It's definitely not bad, just different.
Jul 12, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
Well that was fun. Art style took some getting used to but was not bad by any means. Acutally by the end I enjoyed it really works with the anime.

Story at the moment seems pretty basic but the characters so far seem really interesting.

I was satisfied with this first episode. Looking forward to next week.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 12, 2015 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Harem_King said:

I have no idea why people expected this to be Fate 2.0 simply because ufotable is working on it. Reminds me of the whole "Glasslip is the next NagiAsu!" rage last summer.
no i dont expect a fate 2.0 but i do expect some lvl of quality...im not ignorant to the studio and i know they have made other ovas and other stuff that may not be on par with fates quality but its still good....but this is just a try hard show....the amoung of shading or shadowing or whatever effect they used makes it feel like a CG show.

im not saying this has to be anywhere similar to fate but im saying as their next big anime i would think they would try something new...they arent a studio that really adapts much tv series so i thought this was their break from the stigma of only make the fate series good.

sad to say this but i havent enjoyed a ufotable work since Knk
Jul 12, 2015 9:28 AM

May 2010
Sidonia no Kishi pulls off the CGI look much better in my opinion and im not really a fan of the visuals of God Eater. The animation wasnt good either..to many scenes just looked weird because of the 3D CGI.

The story sofar is not worth talkin about..

what sucks abit is that the actions scenes were not good..i know much much better. i hope they can improve on that in the coming episodes.

2.5/5
Jul 12, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
to me the thing that could make me drop this is not the cgi or art but rather the story.. looks shallow and boring.
Harem_King said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
no i dont expect a fate 2.0 but i do expect some lvl of quality...im not ignorant to the studio and i know they have made other ovas and other stuff that may not be on par with fates quality but its still good....but this is just a try hard show....the amoung of shading or shadowing or whatever effect they used makes it feel like a CG show.

im not saying this has to be anywhere similar to fate but im saying as their next big anime i would think they would try something new...they arent a studio that really adapts much tv series so i thought this was their break from the stigma of only make the fate series good.

if you cant appreciate different art styles and forms of animation maybe you should stick to the generic stuff and give up on trying new things.
Jul 12, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
Sourire said:
to me the thing that could make me drop this is not the cgi or art but rather the story.. looks shallow and boring.
Harem_King said:

if you cant appreciate different art styles and forms of animation maybe you should stick to the generic stuff and give up on trying new things.
ya cuz i love generic things cuz clearly my fav anime is really generic

pls stop making assumptions and speculations because i dont like this show...if it happens to get better thats fine but im just voicing my opinion on episode 1....idk why u ppl feel like u have a bond with anime its creepy
Jul 12, 2015 9:37 AM

May 2010
Sourire said:
Harem_King said:

not a fan of CGI in anime myself but if the anime has any other qualities like good story,interesting characters,great soundtrack and in some cases a good sense of humor, then i just will look past the "meh" art and animation.

The thing with god eater is that animation style AND story are both MEH sofar.
Jul 12, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
i was kinda disappointed.. i don't like this style and for now the story is not any better than owari no seraph
Jul 12, 2015 9:39 AM

May 2010
retepeters said:
i was kinda disappointed.. i don't like this style and for now the story is not any better than owari no seraph
and that says alot lol :D
Jul 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
Whoever gave the ok for the filter/postprocessing convinced me to not watch past the premiere. I loathe God Eater's aesthetic
HybridMBLJul 12, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Call me crazy but I got used to the animation pretty quickly and i find it to actually be pretty good.... there is much worse CGI in anime than this
Besides that, this was a fantastic episode and this has a ton of potential!!
9/10 :)

Feb 2015
Well..the artstyle is nothing to write home about...might need some time getting used to..first episode was kinda meh from what I have seen.They were saving their budget for this,so I hope it gets better.
Jul 12, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2013
goddamn this was poor.

cool looking action:the anime

and even then, the CGI... next level. those slowmo scenes they were spamming throughout the episode were making me wince.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 12, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
Kerozinn said:
retepeters said:
and that says alot lol :D

indeed...
the sad thing is that i was rooting for this show.. i was actually excited for this
Jul 12, 2015 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
first five minutes: what the fuck is going on???
is that you eren yeager?

at least it turns bad ass few minutes later.
animation is pretty good.

DAMN OP LOOKS FINE ASF

can't wait 2 see alisa's underboobs
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 12, 2015 9:46 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Crossqt said:
Too many fucking slow-motions

ikr ?
one slow-mo sometimes is ok but jesus. That was a lot.
DatRandomDudeJul 12, 2015 9:52 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 12, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
Style was different, but it is the only thing that was. This is so generic I can't help but confuse it with dozens of other shows that are exactly the same, but it doesn't have Titan's horror, Black Bullet's sadness or Muv Luv's mechs. Well, lets hope it doesn't go down hill by becoming a harem show.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

263 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
May 24, 3:45 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.