Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2015 3:21 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kickmesign said:
Fucking shit Bell, did you really have to cry there at the end? He's got the biggest pussy of all the girls.
would you rather want him to be like Kirito and rape face everywhere?
Apr 17, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
Another awesome episode. Judging from the ED, it seems like those two at the end will be joining Bell's familia.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 17, 2015 3:45 PM

Dec 2011
He finally got the knife lol. >.<
Can't wait for the Hestia family to grow. The backpack girl is next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2015 3:45 PM
Sep 2010
I like how episode 3 turned out I cannot wait to see more.and the knife is awesome.
Apr 17, 2015 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
This anime is really good! Needs more love!!
Apr 17, 2015 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
alpha_shadow said:
Holy shit! I am officially a Hestia Fanboy!!!!!

and Im officially a Hestia fangirl:D

Seriously this is better than I expected. Im enjoying the "nakama" power and Hestia x Bell is just sooooo cute!!! I really like both!

kickmesign said:
Fucking shit Bell, did you really have to cry there at the end? He's got the biggest pussy of all the girls.

I love him precisely because he is like that and isnt afraid to show his emotions and feelings. He is kind and brave. The same for Hestia, at first I thought she would be a tsundere loli but it turns out that she is amazingly supportive of Bell's happiness no matter what.
OrulyonApr 17, 2015 3:50 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 17, 2015 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
Hestia is 2cute4me.

This anime continues to be a lot of fun, and Bell and Hestia's relationship is one of the strongest points of the show.
Apr 17, 2015 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
Bell being a BA and getting two confessions in the one episode!
Apr 17, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2012
Okay so there was a good reason why she didn't just hand over the knife. Pretty good episode overall. the action was very nice if I say so. Seems like we get to see the girl with the backpack next episode. Hestia is cute in anything. Guess that outfit is gonna be added to japan's hype for her.
Apr 17, 2015 4:30 PM

Nov 2014
I don't understand why she handed the knife so late
Apr 17, 2015 4:42 PM

Dec 2014
HE FINALLY GOT THE KNIFE! HALLELUJAH!

But, seriously, there were some serious feels in this episode.
Apr 17, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2015
Complete and pure speculation, I have not had any former knowledge of this anime besides the three aired episodes, but: I believe that waitress who confessed love to Bell could possibly be the God of Love, Frey, herself, in disguise.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Apr 17, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
is bell like the beta version of kirito lol

Apr 17, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
The start of a heirloom!

Really liked the "I for my familia, and my familia for me" attitude was really nice. How Hestia offered Bell somewhere to stay, the bond he has with Hestia was really quite wonderful.

The fight scene against the whiteback was awesome, also using the environment to his advantage and defeating the whiteback like that.

That what it means to go through things together! Bell has more admirers now!
Apr 17, 2015 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode.
Bell got power up and got stronger.
That knife (blade) is so cheating on people like Bell lol.
Hestia in a maid uniform :3
Hestia all the way!
Apr 17, 2015 6:10 PM
Nov 2013
That was one awesome little weapon Bell has right there. Well done Hestia
Apr 17, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing epd! Emotions/Characters/Action 11/10 I expect things to slow down some.

Hestia is still huunnnnggggggg
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 17, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
Bell is really adorable. Seeing his background story does make him more sympathetic. He's been through a lot

Apr 17, 2015 6:34 PM

Mar 2014
Knife too OP, plz nerf...but seriously it was a great episode. They may have altered a few minor details but everything was still good. Hestia and Bell had some nice moments as well. It also looks like "the supporter" will make her appearance next episode.
Apr 17, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, the action is nice and fluid, easy to follow.
Also the ending was super sweet.
5/5
Apr 17, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
The weapon exchange and whatever happened before it took wayyyyyyy tooooooo long
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 17, 2015 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
Damn this episode was awesome. Loved the soundtrack and sound effects for the fight scenes. Action was good, romance also good, hestia's "plot" also good ^_^. Overall great episode for me! Next time it's Lily! Yay!!
Apr 17, 2015 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
Ah brings back memories of SAO
Apr 17, 2015 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
Before said:
I don't understand why she handed the knife so late

So they can have character development and shit, but for real tho, it did take a long as time,
Apr 17, 2015 7:23 PM

Mar 2010
CandyFace said:
A somewhat action packed episode, i liked it.
I kept screaming "give him the damn knife!" and pointing at the screen, until it happened. When you are in a life threadning situation, do you not have the time to tea talk like that... Twice i thought that he had nailed the silverback where it did not happen, then he strikes it in the chest and it dissolves, such power o.o it must have imploded the body.

So agree with this... Hate when fights have too much "cheesy conversation" between the MC and a (cute) girl. Could have used that time more wisely! >_<
Apr 17, 2015 7:28 PM

Oct 2011
Bell got the knife and defeated that monster YAY!!!!!!

Asuna took notice of Kirito and Hestia OMG

Next time will see that girl who is a supporter.
Apr 17, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2011
Man, that fight was great! Hestia finally gave Bell the knife but she had to update his status first. It was definitely worth it though, Bell became a badass. Hestia is bestia; she's so cute and loveable. xD
Apr 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that was an exciting episode. I wasn't expecting Bell to absolutely annihilate that monster like that by himself. It was pretty cool. By the way, was I the only person who thought that the blade was going to have a legitimate personality of its own when they said that it was alive? I couldn't have been the only one, could I? Maybe I'm just dumb.
Apr 17, 2015 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
I love the sound effects in this anime. They sound real.
Apr 17, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
why the hell didn't she give the knife to bell on the moment she saw him? geez, that pissed me of more than normal, so much f*****g ceremony to give him a knife,

he should have died there before she gave him the knife so she would become depressed and ask herself "why didn't i give him the knife on the moment i saw him?!", I would rate this show a 10/10 if it ended like that.

besides that, average episode, i really hope this doesn't keep pissing me off like that
Apr 17, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
Hestia the bestia strikes again.
Apr 17, 2015 8:38 PM

Apr 2015
QUIT THE F*CKING DIALOGUES AND GIVE HIM THE KNIFE/SWORD ALREADY! GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!
#CHEXIT
Apr 17, 2015 8:39 PM

Nov 2011
Wait, he level up fast as hell and his knife got stronger the more he grow. That's fucking cheating. There's nothing great about the MC when he got strong because of cheat.

At least Kirito grind for years to be OP but this guy... he's like the paying player in MMORPG except he didn't pay and get the benefits anyway and everyone else is just free player.
Kaiser-chanApr 17, 2015 8:46 PM

Apr 17, 2015 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
Bell and Hestia's relationship is so endearing. Gotta love those adorable cheek-to-cheek hugs~!

So I'm guessing Freya is a borderline succubus? Those guards that had their souls sucked out looked pretty happy...
(I'm assuming everyone here noticed the heavy hints and figured out that that cloaked woman is Freya)

Also...
ririchiyomika said:
Complete and pure speculation, I have not had any former knowledge of this anime besides the three aired episodes, but: I believe that waitress who confessed love to Bell could possibly be the God of Love, Frey, herself, in disguise.

I'm guessing that too. In Norse mythology, her name "Syr" is actually one of the names that Freya uses when traveling "among strange peoples". :O
VysarineApr 17, 2015 9:02 PM
Apr 17, 2015 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
Vysarine said:
Bell and Hestia's relationship is so endearing. Gotta love those adorable cheek-to-cheek hugs~!

So I'm guessing Freya is a borderline succubus? Those guards that had their souls sucked out looked pretty happy...
(I'm assuming everyone here noticed the heavy hints and figured out that that cloaked woman is Freya)

Also...
ririchiyomika said:

I'm guessing that too. In Norse mythology, her name "Syr" is actually one of the names that Freya uses when traveling "among strange peoples". :O

Glad I am not the only one who had such prediction!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Apr 17, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
this is going really well! way better than i thought this was going to be. hestia is too cute. ♥♥♥
Apr 17, 2015 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
The quality of the ape monster really drops a lot when they zoom out. Was kinda hoping the fight would be more... epic? But just a lot of dodging and a stab to the chest. Was a bit disappointed he was able to beat it that simple. Understand stats probably play a part in it in their world but a simple stab like that... meh.

Looks like Hestia will be working part time assistant to repay for the knife.

Oh yea, how did Bell know that wall could be open? Did I miss something the previous episode or does he have some hidden wall detection skill? Lol.
Apr 17, 2015 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
Oh yea, how did Bell know that wall could be open? Did I miss something the previous episode or does he have some hidden wall detection skill? Lol.

I guess that Daedalus Street is like a maze with lots of hidden walls since that's where most townspeople came from when he defeated the Silverback.

I'm a bit worried about the pace of the anime but it wasn't too bad this episode. Thought the fight was a bit underwhelming and I hope they explains about how every monsters have their own weaknesses like the Silverback here since the way Bell defeated it might seems a bit ridiculous for some people lol.
EasyGo-erApr 17, 2015 9:48 PM

Apr 17, 2015 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
That guy at the end shouldn't be a fick with his helper, because she definitely had a smile on her face at the end. My bet is that she's planning on leaving with all his money. Being with such a scumbag, I would probably do the same thing.

Anyway, the episode was good. Bell-kun being oblivious about every girls that loves him. Ugggh... That always manage to annoy the fuck out of me. Oh well, it's such a classic trope in anime, we can't escape it.

Loki seem like that boss that always harass you sexually. But instead of being a creepy old man or a hideous granny, she's a perverted and magnificient DFC ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 17, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2014
is the manga and LN the same guys? which one did they follow? from the manga Aiz was just suppose to catch a glimpse of Bell as he runs seriously while carrying Hestia in his arms...

but this episode's still nice though...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 17, 2015 10:46 PM
Sep 2014
Best girl hestia being best girl !

I really gotta read the light novel
Apr 17, 2015 10:46 PM

Jul 2012
this episode was better than the last two episodes, but still quite average.
Apr 17, 2015 10:48 PM
Jun 2011
alpha_shadow said:
Holy shit! I am officially a Hestia Fanboy!!!!!

I liked her from the start.
She's cute, sweet, loving...*squeee* SHES SUCH A GOOD GIRL!~
I feel bad that being a living meme she's the subject of so much animosity though.
It makes me ant to protect her even more so. I mean even my friends are get irritated by her, but she never did anything to anyone other than be a sweet, devoted little waifu that can't get the time of day from the guy she loves.
Jose07 said:
so, does syrs like bell?

Because she thinks he's cute. Same reason as everyone else in the show. He's a nice young white haired bishounen. As far as I can tell there seems to be a spectrum the women fall on that runs between "I want to take care of him" and "I want to rape him."
I think it looks like this so far: Aiz-[Eina->Mia->Syr->Hestia->Freya]
Aiz is definitely interested in him to some extent,Eina seems to think she's his mother or big sister, Syr acts like a lost puppy around him, Hestia is a little past the half way point, and Freya wants to rape him (because I guess that's her thing).
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 17, 2015 11:05 PM
Feb 2015
was really really great episode :DD

Linkmstr said:
Aw, they skipped and changed some stuff from the light novel... Like Aiz was suppose to see Bell running off while holding onto Hestia after she collapsed. She wasn't suppose to just show up, see him, and then walk away. :/ *sigh* I also wanted to see Hestia fall off her bed because she was exhausted and explained to Bell that she was in a dogeza for thirty hours to convince Hephaistos/Hephaestus to forge a new weapon for Bell. :/

this, this and this >.<

hestia is a bae :3 she's really adorable as usual kyaaa :3
and oh 2 confessions in one episode lol dear damn syr just back off you can't win the harem.
oh~ new girl is coming.
really can't wait for the next episode! this is gonna be my favorite anime this season <3
Apr 17, 2015 11:28 PM
Apr 2013
kickmesign said:

That's why I love Bell. If you want annoyingly apathetic generic male MCs there's plenty out there for you.

Disgusting attitudes like that are why men fear expressing any emotion that may make them appear human. I find Bell very refreshing BECAUSE he shows how much he cares, a trait that women actually prefer over the forced emotionless tough guy act that dudes put on too much.

Good episode, Hestia is bestia as always.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoApr 17, 2015 11:32 PM
Apr 18, 2015 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
people of Daedalus Street came out of no where like a bunch of rats

been on board with Hestia from the start even if it was a little dumb of her on how long it took her to give bell the knife!

+2 to Bell's Harem?
Apr 18, 2015 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
That has to be one of the most moronic episodes of anime I have ever witnessed... I wonder which muttonhead decided the only way to build up tension was to hold off as long as possible giving him that damn knife. "Yes we have one monster missing but we can't find him". They could easily find the tiny ones but a 40ft monkey destroying buildings it too hard... And where the hell did all those people come from after the fight! lol
Apr 18, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
My friend and I spent most of the episode yelling "JUST GIVE HIM THE GOD DAMN KNIFE" at the screen. He found it really dumb, I found it mildly annoying.
Apr 18, 2015 1:04 AM

Mar 2008
I thought that was a darn good episode. Felt like they really managed to bring out some energy and emotion in this episode. Starting out with Bell's family situation and then building up to Bell and Hestia having strong character moments.

Full points to Hestia's VA, she really does a great job bringing energy into the scenes she's in. Both wanting the other to survive and willing to take risks in order to make that happen.

Good episode.
ErenxMikasa said:
My friend and I spent most of the episode yelling "JUST GIVE HIM THE GOD DAMN KNIFE" at the screen. He found it really dumb, I found it mildly annoying.

While I can get that, it's not like he would have won if she just tossed him the knife from the start. Without that status update he still would have lost, knife or no knife.

I found it amazing how many people were flipping out about this. Whatever happened to patiently following the progression of a story? Plus they are kind of missing the basic summary of the weapon. It gets stronger as he gets stronger, but if he doesn't get stronger the knife isn't going to get stronger. It's going to be at basic level if she just tosses it to him right out of the gate. Without that update it's pointless.

People might as well have spent the episode yelling at the monster to leave them alone so Bell could get his update right away.
FlarisKnightApr 18, 2015 1:13 AM
Apr 18, 2015 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Why do i get the feeling that Syr caused all of this bs? :S
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

197 by _skill_issue_ »»
May 12, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.