Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 12, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2014
For those of us who absolutely love Crystal and want to discuss it's awesomeness, we need our own thread! Crystal lovers, what do you love about the series?

For me so far:

Pretty new art style
Story closer to the manga
The music
Better romance scenes for Usagi and Mamoru
Chibiusa is much cuter!
Not having to wait four seasons to see Diana
No horrible break-up arc
Rei's classy personality
No filler arcs
Mamoru is a much better character
AnnaSartinMay 18, 2015 6:29 AM
Apr 14, 2015 8:16 PM
Dec 2012
I honestly don't know why people hate Crystal so much. It's faithful to the manga, has nicer art, and there's no fillers. What more do you people want? I'm not even a fan of the series but I can't stand to see all the hate it's getting. I wish more manga could get such faithful adaptions.
Apr 14, 2015 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
Yes to everything you mentioned!!! especially Rei getting her cool personality back, I can almost stand this version of Chibiusa, and the art and story being taken straight from the manga. Voice acting has also being great, I have a big Makoto character bias/ girl crush but seriously her VA is perfect for her.

Although I don't think I absolutely LOVE crystal right now, I definitely like it more than others, maybe because I take it less seriously??? i don't get the need to swoop in on every paused drawing error screenshot and use it as proof that SMC is 100% shit. I very rarely notice errors while I'm watching, until they're pointed out by someone else, and I'm an arts major. Lol maybe I just lack a trained eye for animation, or maybe it's because I'm having fun watching this as a nice long-awaited animated re-telling of the manga I grew up on. its other faults still stick out to me but my enjoyment of it is definitely always going to be high as a fan of the franchise, and they don't really take away from that enjoyment.

I think the only things I seriously have an issue with are anything they've added CGI too (and tbh you get used to it after this many episodes) and the fact that, I'm not sure how or at what point, but the character development of the inner senshi feels weaker and rushed to me and a lot of other people. BUT again I just caught up to episode 19 and they're starting to step it up again (probably because this is the point in the manga where the senshi are more developed) because I really liked all of Jupiter's scenes in ep 17 this time around.
Apr 14, 2015 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
Aquamine-Amarine said:
has nicer art
lol no.
Apr 15, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
kagura-pb said:

Thank god SMC didn't get those silly moe-blob character designs a'la Madoka that are oh so trendy in magical girls shows nowadays. Now that would be dreadful.

I would have cried. Long and hard!
Apr 15, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
i'll defend you on the art. it does look pretty great, especially the dvd covers. i really like how they did the shading. it's kind of retro yet stylistic.
May 14, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
I know a lot of people like pissing on the new art, but I think it has its own merits. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed Crystal as much if they just copy and pasted the art, or worse, if they went Dragon Ball Kai's remastering direction.
May 16, 2015 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
People piss on the art, paying overly critical detail to it due to the SM hype. Sure it has its problems, but this is definitely some of the most brightest work I've seen so far. It's kind of frigid at times.

And there's a lack of goofiness, but it seems very powerful at times. Gives off a lot of character.

DEFINITELY the promotional art/box art. Kyuuu-wah.
May 16, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
People just like to hate on Crystal for some reason. And I'm talking about the fans of the original series. Yes, Crystal has flaws and we know it but the original wasn't perfect either. Seriously people, if you don't like it, stop watching it. Is it that hard?

Anyway, I agree with everything in the first post. This series needs more love!
May 16, 2015 10:47 AM
Feb 2014
I love Sailor Moon Crystal, I would even go as far as to say it's one of the greatest anime ever made. Sure the animation might not be the best at times but the story makes up for it, not to mention they fix most of the errors on the blu-ray's.
May 16, 2015 5:02 PM

Apr 2012
I just love the art and most of the times I don't even notice the errors as well but only because people are stating it.
ALSO; if people look at the old Sailor Moon...there's SO MANY errors
But people just ignore that :I
May 16, 2015 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
HanaeX said:
I just love the art and most of the times I don't even notice the errors as well but only because people are stating it.
ALSO; if people look at the old Sailor Moon...there's SO MANY errors
But people just ignore that :I

it's called nostalgia vision hah
May 17, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2009
No filler arcs and Rei's personality :) And Tuxedo Mask not throwing roses at the enemy
May 17, 2015 2:56 PM
Nov 2014
I never watched the old SM but i've seen some videos and pictures about it
so that's why I LOVE new SM ( SMC ) ♥, The art is so good to watch
May 18, 2015 5:27 AM

Oct 2014
zanpakutoflames said:
No filler arcs and Rei's personality :) And Tuxedo Mask not throwing roses at the enemy

And that is bad. Because Rei's personality doesn't match what is in manga, filler arcs actually developed senshi's personalities, and Tuxedo Mask throwing roses was a nice node to Aphrodite from Saint Seiya.
May 31, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2010
As far as art style and animations go, I like the old ones better but then again, I tend to like old anime more. I also do not understand the hate for this anime since it's surprisingly good. People tend to see things through nostalgia glasses too much.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Jun 2, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
I'm enjoying this show regardless of the art style and I've never watched any of the old sailor moon series.
Jun 20, 2015 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
Phoenix_Wright said:
zanpakutoflames said:

And that is bad. Because Rei's personality doesn't match what is in manga, filler arcs actually developed senshi's personalities, and Tuxedo Mask throwing roses was a nice node to Aphrodite from Saint Seiya.

LOL I DEFINITELY SEE THE APHRODITE COMPARISON NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT.
Jun 20, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
I had my doubts about this series but I have to say, I actually enjoy it! Unlike the dub, it follows the storyline of the manga and does not have so much filler. I like that they hinted at Minako/Kunzite's relationship a bit in the 8th episode and that Zoisite is actually portrayed as a male, sticking to the story of the original manga.

Now in regards to the animation, I'll be honest..I didn't notice a lot of the errors until seeing the memes and criticisms on the forums/tumblr. So in that respect, Toei could have done a lot better. There are some scenes where the drawing style is outrageous but I want to believe they were trying to portray the manga style art in this series. Die hard fans are very critical of it but it's expected..hopefully with the arrival of Season 2 this summer, Toei will deliver.
Jul 19, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
"See you soon!"

Who's majorly excited for more seasons? THIS PERSON FOR ONE!!! *does a happy dance*
Jul 22, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
I grew up on the original Sailor Moon anime, and I think this series is perfectly fine. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I think that most fans wanted it to feel more like the original anime and that really wasn't the point. They new series did a good job of both sticking to the manga and even fleshing out some points that were a little more on the vague side in the original work.

My only problem in the new series is the CG opening and transformation scenes. Not a problem that they used cg at all, but more because those parts differ enough in appearance from the rest of the animation to be a bit jarring.
Aug 6, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2014
I've seen the original Sailor moon series and I personally like both the original and crystal

Haters gonna Hate

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.