Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, that was weird. I mean, the part with the music and the band....yeah..

I wasn't all impressed by the weird CGI avatars either. Although..I have to say that the show does pull out some unorthodox gimmicks for a series focused on music. I mean, the part with the action on screen is just weird.

Apr 5, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
wtf did i just watch? o_O
Apr 5, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
this is the best show l've ever seen in my life
Apr 5, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
The CG seems really bizarre.

I'll watch for the nekogirl but it will have to go quite a ways to impress me from the looks of it.
Apr 5, 2015 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
The CGI parts were unexpected. Just expected some k-on/love live clone done by sanrio that was first a mobile game.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 5, 2015 8:13 AM

Nov 2008
The CG is utter shit and ugly as sin also this could end up being a clusterfuck series with good music, but the characters are great and the 2D artstyle on both bishie and bishoujo are great.

Apr 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2012
what the fuck.. this was pretty bad. especially the switch between CGI and 2D.
Apr 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
The 3D chibi animation is really putting me off...
Apr 5, 2015 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
...what's with the furry CGI?
I never asked for this *jensen.png*
Apr 5, 2015 8:34 AM

Dec 2008
So this give me a big surprise, I though it will be normal competition between some bands without any magic staff :P.
Apr 5, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2009
well, it was good until the chibi CG stuff appeared & the stupid boy band. i'll pass for now.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
AOTS, I AM IN LOVE. That was a ridiculous amount of fun.
Apr 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2011
I love the Trailer of this anime already really much!
The First Episodes is also awesome.
I love Cyan she is so kawaii.
Apr 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2014
The 3D animal chibi aren't a turn on
Apr 5, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
What is this...a show for children.
The 3D is horrible. It should be called Show by POP and not Rock.

Apr 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
CGI caught me off gaurd but i got used to it, 1 thing for sure though, I love both 2D and 3D designs for cyan and her cat form..... wish I could say the same about most of the other CGI.

Also, the egg really makes me unhappy, wish he didnt exist, you could even say I hate him.

As for the story, its enough for me to get some enjoyment out of it, the scene with what seems to be the bad guy and the guy he calls king made me happy.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Apr 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
I expected a slice of life anime with music, but this episode was a bit weird. The CGI is too bad for me, I hope they will stop that and stay in 2D.
Apr 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
somehow i got through the episode
i was expecting something like k-on...
Apr 5, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
Don't know what's scarier, the CGI or the fact that I enjoyed this. Screw it, I'm in, that was awesome!
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 5, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, different than what I expected. But not in a bad way. This should hopefully be a lot of dumb fun.
Apr 5, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
WTF is this. I thought it was gonna be in a school setting, whats with this virtual world and stuff. The synopsis did not explain anything, i totally got blindsided. And the MC is an idiot. Doesnt she care about her family, which she left behind.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 5, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
wtf did I just watch
the music was not to my liking tbh
Apr 5, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
I have to agree to.

WTF did I just watch, lol. I expected something like K-ON! (school setting, no magic stuff)

Dropped.

Apr 5, 2015 10:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Bones, i want the drugs you take.
Apr 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
OK so this seems fucking adorable
JEBUS SO KAWAII
[/quote]
Apr 5, 2015 10:58 AM
Apr 2013
Remove the shitty random CG scenes and this show could be excellent. As of right now it feels like I'm watching a clusterfuck, but we'll see how it progresses.

That twintails dog girl is gay as hell.
Apr 5, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
The CGI in this show really needs more appreciation. Sure, it makes the chibi characters look like plastic, which is probably what most of the hate here is directed at, but I guess they had to sacrifice something to achieve that incredible quality of animation. The characters' movements are so smooth and lively.
Apr 5, 2015 11:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really wonder why Bones made something like this and the CGI was amazing, don't know why people are slamming it. They must have put a lot of budget into this xD
Apr 5, 2015 11:13 AM

Dec 2009
Didn't really like the CGI but it was still adorable xD despite me feeling uneasy whenever I watched the CGI parts LOL. I was worried the whole show after that was going to be in CGI... But luckily it's not! Looks like it's only during performances. The songs are great!
AND RIKU <333333333 so cute you little bby! I'm so glad Ayumu is voicing him ^^ Miyano Mamoru was great too, I remember thinking that he would totally fit Shuuzou when I first played the game...
Cyan is adorable too, I have a soft spot for kitties ugh xD
Also I loved the egg guy no matter what anyone says LOL i replayed the first part where he compared the reaction to various stages of eggs... xD...

Anyway looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2012
The CG is incredibly smooth so I'm not sure why its getting so much hate.
Apr 5, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
CGI was nicely animated it looked like those chibi figures come to life... ._. Actually I didn't expected much from this anime... so... it is good as it is.
Apr 5, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
Ignoring the CG parts this was quite fun :D Well it was fun even with them XD

Cyan is hella cute <3 Retoree's heart getting shot each time she hears "Nyaa" is lol
She's quite cute too :3

Egg prez is so hilarious XD
Apr 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2007
I'm truly loving the ending. :)
Apr 5, 2015 11:28 AM
Mar 2014
Terrible. Couldn't even make it halfway through the episode, but I don't expect much more from a BONES original. I guess the PreCure crowd'll have a fun time with this, but that's about it.

It's a great example of why you should stick to a traditional formula (in this case, moe) instead of cramming in random unnecessary elements. Also, the CGI looks fantastic, but the 2D art is obnoxiously mediocre. I guess I'm alone on that?
Apr 5, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah, i think i enjoyed that way more than i should have :)
Apr 5, 2015 11:41 AM
Oct 2010
That was a lot more fun than I expected, despite what in my opinion is a ridculously awful CG design (i.e. no mouth, poor shading on some of the faces making it hard to see the shape) and the inconsistent 2D-3D shifts that came with it.

The 3D animation was indeed good, but it shouldn't require a sacrifice in design... unless you're using the CG to lower the budget, in which case they can't complain if it gets dissed.

But anyway, as I said, I still enjoyed it.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 5, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2010
Now this is a unique mahou shojo. That huge car was really huge, lmaoooo I haven't laughed this much in a while. Funniest scene from any first episode of the new shows.

This is so weird. But it ain't bad. Damn, I don't have time to watch so many anime, what am I doing...
Apr 5, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
As someone who plays the game, I'm amused at all the surprised reactions toward the battling premise. This is why you should probably research what an anime is based on before setting expectations lol.

In any case, I really loved this. There are a few things I noticed that contradict what occurs in the game, however. The first and most obvious to fans of the game being that there are no items in SB69, yet Cyan got a guitar in the game? Makes me wonder if this will be added in a later update or if the game in-universe is simply different from the game in reality. Another difference is that the monster in this battle is only fought when playing Shingan CrimsonZ's songs, yet when Cyan was playing the game she was playing a Plasmagica song (speaking of, how was a song sung by her in the game before she was sucked into it?), and it was later fought by Trichronika in the episode. A little weird, but I guess inaccuracies are inevitable when basing an anime off of a game, so I can't complain too much.

The animation looked really nice, the CG was very fluid. I found Maple to be hilarious, and was laughing nearly every time he was on screen. I'm curious to find out more about that Angelica character. She's not in the game at all, I wonder if a later update with add her anywhere in the game or if she'll just be an anime-exclusive character.

I also wasn't expecting Cyan's guitar to talk. That caught me a bit off-guard. In any case, I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing the other bands. And I really hope we see more besides the ones already revealed. There are 20 bands in the game, currently only 5 are confirmed to be appearing. I doubt we'll be seeing any of the bands based on real bands and artists though, which is a shame because some of them are my favorites (Chammy Chaplets and Rapezziauto especially), but we may end up seeing the other bands made exclusively for the game. I really hope Shizuku Secretmind and StuddoBan Gyasshu in particular make an appearance, as they're some of my favorite from the game. It'd also be pretty cool if Baiganba V were to appear in the anime.

Despite me already being fully aware that this is aimed at an older audience despite being made by Sanrio (hell, Rapezziauto's song NAKED from the game is blatantly about sex), I was still amused by Maple bleeding and being whipped by Angelica.

Sorry about this being so long, I went on longer than I intended to. It's just that I'm a Sanrio fan so I was looking forward to this a lot. That and I've been playing the game for hours a day ever since I got it two months ago.

Also I swore I had an account already on this site but I attempted to log in with every username I would have had but to no avail, so I had to make another account.
BeatlesPkmnFan42Apr 5, 2015 3:29 PM
Apr 5, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
First thought: This is trying to sell a game, isn't it?
Second thought: It doesn't really work.
Apr 5, 2015 1:15 PM
Nov 2014
The 3D Characters is the worst thing about it, I hated it actually
I'm not even sure who told them it's looks cute?
Apr 5, 2015 1:18 PM
Aug 2014
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:
As someone who plays the game, I'm amused at all the surprised reactions toward the battling premise. This is why you should probably research what an anime is based on before setting expectations lol.

In any case, I really loved this. There are a few things I noticed that contradict what occurs in the game, however. The first and most obvious to fans of the game being that there are no items in SB69, yet Cyan got a guitar in the game? Makes me wonder if this will be added in a later update or if the game in-universe is simply different from the game in reality. Another difference is that the monster in this battle is only fought when playing Shingan CrimsonZ's songs, yet when Cyan was playing the game she was playing a Plasmagica song (speaking of, how was a song sung by her in the game before she was sucked into it?), and it was later fought by Trichronika in the episode. A little weird, but I guess inaccuracies are inevitable when basing an anime off of a game, so I can't complain too much.

The animation looked really nice, the CG was very fluid. I found Maple to be hilarious, and was laughing nearly every time he was on screen. I'm curious to find out more about that Angelica character. She's not in the game at all, I wonder if a later update with add her anywhere in the game or if she'll just be an anime-exclusive character.

I also wasn't expecting Cyan's guitar to talk. That caught me a bit off-guard. In any case, I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing the other bands. And I really hope we see more besides the ones already revealed. There are 20 bands in the game, currently only 5 are confirmed to be appearing. I doubt we'll be seeing any of the bands based on real bands and artists though, which is a shame because some of them are my favorites (Chammy Chaplets and Rapezziauto especially), but we may end up seeing the other bands made exclusively for the game. I really hope Shizuku Secretmind and StuddoBan Gyasshu in particular make an appearance, as they're some of my favorite from the game. It'd also be pretty cool is Baiganba V were to appear in the anime.

Despite me already being fully aware that this is aimed at an older audience despite being made by Sanrio (hell, Rapezziauto's song NAKED from the game is blatantly about sex), I was still amused by Maple bleeding and being whipped by Angelica.

Sorry about this being so long, I went on longer than I intended to. It's just that I'm a Sanrio fan so I was looking forward to this a lot. That and I've been playing the game for hours a day ever since I got it two months ago.

Also I swore I had an account already on this site but I attempted to log in with every username I would have had but to no avail, so I had to make another account.
Thank you, these people hating have obviously never played the game before. This anime isn't so much for selling the game as it is for the current players of the game. This show will make no sense unless you play it. And even then, still kinda confusing.

Apr 5, 2015 1:22 PM
Aug 2014
Okay, thoughts. Cute as hell, didn't waste anytime getting to the game world, funny, and I'm loving the CG animation. Hopefully we can see a large majority of the bands, as well!

Apr 5, 2015 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
I was surprised by the 3D chibi characters, but well, I kinda like them actually. I just hope they won't overuse them.
I had fun watching the episode. I will definitely watch the next one.
I like pancakes.
Apr 5, 2015 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
"Show By Rock!!"
That explains everything!
THIS SHOW WAS MADE BY A ROCK! :O

Apr 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
Wiizel1337 said:
Thank you, these people hating have obviously never played the game before. This anime isn't so much for selling the game as it is for the current players of the game. This show will make no sense unless you play it. And even then, still kinda confusing.

No problem! Of course, due to my lack of knowing Japanese, despite being someone who plays the game, I still don't really know anyone's personalities are in the game since I can't read any of the game's dialogue.
Apr 5, 2015 2:09 PM

Oct 2014
Okay, that was weird but funny. I expected a Sol-Anime with musict theme, but I liked it. I don´t really like the 3D animations (they make it look like a kids show), but other than that it was good entertaiment.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Apr 5, 2015 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
Well this is certainly an...interesting anime.

Apr 5, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2010
I'm SO IN LOVE WITH THIS !!!!
I just adore the 2D and the 3D parts. Fucking awesome character designs. It seems the monsters will be interesting too. Don't even care about the story now xD
Apr 5, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
What did I just watch? The chibi world looks so kuwaii~~
This show is so cheesy, at least its interesting to watch, and the music is alright.

Apr 5, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest, this was terrible but usually I watch at least 3 episodes before I drop any show.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 21, 2015

87 by Chromatus »»
Mar 17, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

45 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

51 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

49 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.