Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think this anime needs an alternative, better ending?
Apr 1, 2015 9:36 AM
Mar 2012
We all think the ending sucked. Should we think we really need an alternative, better ending to this one?
Apr 1, 2015 9:42 AM
Jul 2012
No. It needs a sequel too many loose ends.
Apr 1, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2014
I think that only a remake can help. The setting is fundamentally flawed - nothing can change that. The few memorable characters have been way too twisted by the bad writing.
Apr 1, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2012
The story isn't done yet.

If it were, then yeah, gimme a sequel where Asseylum never wakes up, Slaine kills Inaho, marries Lemrina, beats the UFE and destroys the barriers between the Vers Empire and Earth through unification.
Apr 1, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
The anime was so bad imo

Apr 1, 2015 12:05 PM
Sep 2014
This story line is ruined. A new series set in the future with new characters would be nice but with new writers. I don't really care enough about this cast of characters to want an alternate ending to this trainwreck.

*Still salty*
Apr 1, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
I would say it needs a continuation more so an alternative ending.

So lemme get this straight. Inaho "saves" Slaine because Asseylum "asked" him to...BUT by doing that, you're just imprisoning him for essentially life for all the atrocities that he committed against the UFE. I mean, he can never be free now because they did declare he's dead. Asseylum wanted to have mercy on him, but his punishment is essentially WORSE than death.

They never did solve the whole Lemrina issue either and then, there's the whole issue about Asseylum betrothing herself to somebody she barely knows? (I have less of an issue on that one since I wouldn't have cared if she ended up with Inaho, Slaine, or neither)...but it felt like a pretty groan worthy moment since I think her whole point of doing it was just so she could claim leadership of Vers. Um...okay...WHY? You're the fucking Princess of Vers? Why do you need to get married to take over leadership? Just grab it by the balls and saying "alright, this shit sucks. I'm taking over leadership of the country and putting a stop to this foolishness." It's obvious that her dad was just a raving lunatic at that point that no one took seriously. Hell, he was already being used as a pawn because he was so God damn delusional. You know Vers is a messed up society when their leader is such a senile, delusional psychopath on his death bed and they just follow his orders anyway...or use his orders for their own personal gains.

I hate comparing Asseylum to Cagalli from Gundam Seed Destiny (because that's probably a comparison no one wants), but that's the sort of leadership role Asseylum could've taken, without obviously being a bitch of a character like Cagalli.

On the whole, I'd say Aldnoah.Zero was just average. I wouldn't call it bad, but I'll admit the ending was rather weak for a series that was pretty decent leading up to it. I think if it got a continuation that kinda alters the scope of everything, it might be a better series.
ToucanbirdApr 1, 2015 12:40 PM
Apr 2, 2015 4:55 AM
Feb 2015
Toucanbird said:
I would say it needs a continuation more so an alternative ending.

So lemme get this straight. Inaho "saves" Slaine because Asseylum "asked" him to...BUT by doing that, you're just imprisoning him for essentially life for all the atrocities that he committed against the UFE. I mean, he can never be free now because they did declare he's dead. Asseylum wanted to have mercy on him, but his punishment is essentially WORSE than death.

They never did solve the whole Lemrina issue either and then, there's the whole issue about Asseylum betrothing herself to somebody she barely knows? (I have less of an issue on that one since I wouldn't have cared if she ended up with Inaho, Slaine, or neither)...but it felt like a pretty groan worthy moment since I think her whole point of doing it was just so she could claim leadership of Vers. Um...okay...WHY? You're the fucking Princess of Vers? Why do you need to get married to take over leadership? Just grab it by the balls and saying "alright, this shit sucks. I'm taking over leadership of the country and putting a stop to this foolishness." It's obvious that her dad was just a raving lunatic at that point that no one took seriously. Hell, he was already being used as a pawn because he was so God damn delusional. You know Vers is a messed up society when their leader is such a senile, delusional psychopath on his death bed and they just follow his orders anyway...or use his orders for their own personal gains.

I hate comparing Asseylum to Cagalli from Gundam Seed Destiny (because that's probably a comparison no one wants), but that's the sort of leadership role Asseylum could've taken, without obviously being a bitch of a character like Cagalli.

On the whole, I'd say Aldnoah.Zero was just average. I wouldn't call it bad, but I'll admit the ending was rather weak for a series that was pretty decent leading up to it. I think if it got a continuation that kinda alters the scope of everything, it might be a better series.

Klankain was there for the purpose of NTR ships, though InahoXAsseylum got completely destroyed SlainexAsseylum is still going.Must be because like Slaine , Klankain must prove himself worthy to become approved by Counts for marriage, so its safe to assume that Klankain and Asseylum are not married yet since their engagement is flawed.
Counts lacked leadership positions, their only leader is on a deathbed, their previous leader got imprisoned, their new leader is a big sell-out .Yeah Vers is totally screwed.
Apr 2, 2015 5:38 AM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
Counts lacked leadership positions, their only leader is on a deathbed, their previous leader got imprisoned, their new leader is a big sell-out .Yeah Vers is totally screwed.

In their situation they should lament the daeth of Slaine. He was the least of evils for them - dedicated, hard-working, not looking for a chance to run to the Earth to see birds, formally a son of Saazbaum. You can even expect them to take his name on a banner, because of his martyrdom. "Even a lowly terran could understand that our cause is just and fought for us at the very top!"
Apr 2, 2015 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
This series should have a completely different sequel. Inaho should have died and the Princess as well also that Count that make Slaine a villain. Slaine should have been a avenger trying to avenge the Princess and saving the Earth that the Princess love so much by what TheIMF said.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
Apr 2, 2015 7:23 AM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
kymano said:

In their situation they should lament the daeth of Slaine. He was the least of evils for them - dedicated, hard-working, not looking for a chance to run to the Earth to see birds, formally a son of Saazbaum. You can even expect them to take his name on a banner, because of his martyrdom. "Even a lowly terran could understand that our cause is just and fought for us at the very top!"

We are not sure if Vers accepted Slaine's death, the Earth used him as a scapegoat doesnt mean Vers did too.It seems the situation on Vers is not fixed , as expected that Mazuurek is seen on Earth even though the UFE expects Counts to hand over siezed territories and leave Earth.
Inaho's visit to Slaine on the Asseylum's "peace" day is something I still wonder about, Inaho is a Captain or Lutienant under the UFE military shouldnt the UFE be worried that one of their highly privileged soldier is not present on a very important event?
Apr 2, 2015 7:49 AM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
Inaho's visit to Slaine on the Asseylum's "peace" day is something I still wonder about, Inaho is a Captain or Lutienant under the UFE military shouldnt the UFE be worried that one of their highly privileged soldier is not present on a very important event?

Unless he is a general, as people joke, I don't think his presense is that important. The officials must attend, I doubt military personnell is that important. And if he is off-duty, he can do whatever. The question is why he chooses to do so. And why Asseylum doesn't question it.

As for the accepyance of Slaine's death - what can they do, if he is announced dead?
Apr 2, 2015 11:57 AM
Sep 2014
Nop, bad or good is the end, period. Get over it people
Apr 2, 2015 3:11 PM
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
kymano said:

Unless he is a general, as people joke, I don't think his presense is that important. The officials must attend, I doubt military personnell is that important. And if he is off-duty, he can do whatever. The question is why he chooses to do so. And why Asseylum doesn't question it.
As for the accepyance of Slaine's death - what can they do, if he is announced dead?

No, im stating why did Inaho choose "that" particular day to visit Slaine, it would create less commotion if Inaho chose another day instead of "that" one.
Counts need a leader, Asseylum is now their leader yet ,she doesnt understand them well enough to act without dicussing anything with them.Counts are not only the military they are also the Politicians , i'd be a problem if the UFE began offing Counts one by one since they can now harness the Aldnoah.
Apr 2, 2015 4:07 PM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
No, im stating why did Inaho choose "that" particular day to visit Slaine, it would create less commotion if Inaho chose another day instead of "that" one.
Counts need a leader, Asseylum is now their leader yet ,she doesnt understand them well enough to act without dicussing anything with them.Counts are not only the military they are also the Politicians , i'd be a problem if the UFE began offing Counts one by one since they can now harness the Aldnoah.

But even if Inaho has a high military rank, it's not that he has been appointed the official representative of the Earth in all matters. He doesn't have obligation to attend all the official gatherings. But yeah, his visit to Slaine on exactly that day (though was it necessary that day? or just some day in the happy ever after?) seems as another unnecessary pandering to fujoshi, to be honest. Normally he shouldn't have, unless he means it as a gesture to Asseylum or Asseylum specifically asked him to.

Also I mean that if Slaine is announced dead, counts don't know that he is kept in a prison and won't attempt to free him. Only his name can be used.

As for Asseylum not managing to unite all the counts - it was to be expected. Though I am surprised that the writers didn't opt for a completely happy ending (well, outside the Slaine's suffering, but it's a norm).
Apr 2, 2015 9:28 PM

Jun 2007
An alternate ending? I must have missed a scene, surely, because I didn't view an ending of any sort when watching S2. You can't have an alternate ending when there was no ending in the first place. Just saying, like.

No matter what they do now, the series is screwed. Gary won't die, Slaine won't stop being emo and Princess Moe won't stop being Princess Moe. The series was done from the moment it continued from the S1 cliffhanger with no-one dead. Or maybe that moment when a "lowly terran" so easily become the supreme leader of Space Nazis hellbent on the genocide of his kind. Or maybe when Gary's eye ate his brain. Anything added or changed now would be entirely superficial.
Apr 25, 2015 10:01 PM
Jan 2015
They should have Earth gaining Aldnoah Drives and declare war on Vers and completely annihilate Vers Empire. Lt. Marito and Rayet gain new Aldnoah Mech and become the antagonist, and Inaho, Slaine, and Asseylum have to work together to defeat the Earth government.
Apr 25, 2015 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
no
it needs an alternate anime
Apr 25, 2015 10:09 PM

Feb 2014
After ep1 of S2 the series was already so far beyond saving, it just needed to be put down.
Apr 25, 2015 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
no
Apr 26, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
Lemongrope said:
mayukachan said:
no
Apr 26, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
Lemongrope said:

indeed
too bad all that GLORIOUS animation gon to waste.
tsk, tsk ....
Apr 26, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
Aldnoah Zero reminds me a bit of Guilty Crown. Visuals and sound were good, some action scenes were good as well, but story... To many loose ends, some parts made no sense at all...I doubt that I need to list them all. We all know what I am talking about. To decide if it actually needs a remake is quite hard. Personally I still believe that most of the problems could be solved with sequel/OVA to make watching it much better experience...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2015 8:24 AM
Oct 2015
Sparteh said:
Aldnoah Zero reminds me a bit of Guilty Crown. Visuals and sound were good, some action scenes were good as well, but story... To many loose ends, some parts made no sense at all...I doubt that I need to list them all. We all know what I am talking about. To decide if it actually needs a remake is quite hard. Personally I still believe that most of the problems could be solved with sequel/OVA to make watching it much better experience...

I can see where you're come from I still would rather watch guilty crown with its tragic ending over aldnoah zero I just didn't like the second season plot of it for some reason it was understandable but at the same time I just can't shake the fact that the writers are gonna throw all these characters in close to the end and not give any of the main cast some glory that being said I would of enjoyed Inaho getting with the princess but I did not watch the anime for its romance I watched it for the story and animation which for season 1 was great but season 2 was a let down I prefer GC and its ending over this
Nov 5, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
hell yea. if not, they shoulda ended this series on the 1st season.
Nov 5, 2015 5:16 PM

Mar 2014
No, it needs a alternate retelling.
Nov 8, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2008
ziggy_Z said:

QFT.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Nov 9, 2015 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
ziggy_Z said:

sure let us all make it more worse to be fair the ending was not all that bad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.