Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2015 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
English is not my native language, I don't mind being grammatically corrected as I am studying english.

Man, what a ride. This show was so promising, i still remember when i have only watched the first 3 episodes. The first 3 episodes gave me goose bumps, the fight with nilokeras is so OP, they really shows the OPness of the martian, and how the terrans fight with their own wit, and how the fight unfolds also very interesting. That time I really thought "This is the anime of this season". But then, the fight after episode 3 is just so bland, the fight weren't as good as the nilokeras fight, the "trick" that inaho use is starting to show a**pull after a**pull. I thought "well maybe urobuchi cannot make all fight so interesting, so it's ok" but i was wrong, the fight still weren't as good as the nilokeras. Aside from fights though, the story development of the first season is still a little bit interesting and because of that i still think this anime is good enough.

Everything gone wrong when season 2 came.
The concept of "martian has a hundred years more advanced technology than terrans" is gone
The fight, there is no more wit, no more tricks, it's simply Inaho beats the martian guy with an a**pull yeah
The story development? I personally hate if any of the main character died but i hate retarded a**pull even more. Everyone get shot in vital organs, heck, saazbaum get shot a million times and he's still alive. What the heck, because of this, episode 12 lost all meaning completely. And then, Inaho get his Analytical Engine............ no, i guess i'm wrong, it's not analytical engine, it's A**PULL ENGINE. With his very convenient eye, Inaho became god. I can't see his cleverness, risktaker, recklessness that like the nilokeras fight anymore. Sure he did some reckless action but I, as viewer, can't feel the recklessness of the action because of this very convenient tool that he had. After that, all fight is just an insta win for inaho till the end. As for slaine.... I don't know, how could this guy actually became an imba count. He was just a servant, and after he controlled tharsis he instantly become god (while still a lesser god than inaho). And i don't even need to point anything about asseylum. Her development is the worst between the 3 MC IMO. She woke up from comatose, and immediately after, she took over the kingdom and take a character that only appeared for 1 EPISODE as husband. What a total a**pull. Conclusively, the story development is just so bad that i lose faith in gen urobuchi.

TL;DR and Conclusion
I lost faith in gen urobuchi man........................ well that is until i realized that gen urobuchi only did the first 3 episodes of the anime, the nilokeras fight. Now i realize why the anime shows so much promise at the first 3 episode, why i love the first 3 episode so much and became a letdown as the show goes on. Why urobutcher, why did you bail out from this anime......
Mar 29, 2015 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
Mar 29, 2015 3:31 AM

May 2009
Post review in reviews part. We don't care about your attention whoring.
Mar 29, 2015 3:36 AM

Feb 2015
Gen Urobuchi wasn't even involved after the first few episodes. You were sucked in.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Mar 29, 2015 5:03 AM

Dec 2013
icirate said:
Gen Urobuchi wasn't even involved after the first few episodes. You were sucked in.

No shit. This person realises this -_-
Mar 29, 2015 5:06 AM

Feb 2015
G_Spark233 said:
icirate said:

Awkward. The unnecessary repetition, run on sentences and ............caused me to skip over the whole last paragraph out of boredom. Serves me right I guess.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Mar 29, 2015 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
TL;DR

So you knew Gen Urobuchi didn't write almost the whole thing. But why you still blame him on the second season/2nd cour/13-24 episodes.
You should blame the whole staff and mostly the writers who fucked it up so bad that would make you hunt them and kill them.
Not the talented Gen Urobuchi. Because he was been completely exiled from the project or maybe he just don't want to be carried way with it's hard fall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 29, 2015 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
Rayzer said:
TL;DR

So you knew Gen Urobuchi didn't write almost the whole thing. But why you still blame him on the second season/2nd cour/13-24 episodes.
You should blame the whole staff and mostly the writers who fucked it up so bad that would make you hunt them and kill them.
Not the talented Gen Urobuchi. Because he was been completely exiled from the project or maybe he just don't want to be carried way with it's hard fall.

I don't blame urobuchi man, you should learn to distinguish between blame and wishes. I just thought that PROBABLY if urobuchi did this show this show could be better.
icirate said:
G_Spark233 said:

Awkward. The unnecessary repetition, run on sentences and ............caused me to skip over the whole last paragraph out of boredom. Serves me right I guess.

Well that's the point of TL;DR

bastek66 said:
Post review in reviews part. We don't care about your attention whoring.

I didn't even try to write review but I guess my retarded language make it that way huh? But i didn't attention whoring by any means and if you don't care, why bother replying?
Mar 29, 2015 6:30 AM

Jul 2010
I feel as though this series needs a "Creator's Cut," or something.

While watching the last episodes, I can sorta see what Urobuchi was originally going for, in terms of overall structure and some of the character arcs. It's just that the writers weren't capable enough to get it across effectively.
Mar 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
Sytes said:

I don't blame urobuchi man, you should learn to distinguish between blame and wishes. I just thought that PROBABLY if urobuchi did this show this show could be better.

As I said TL;DR (Still TL;DR) so I didn't knew you are wishing a better ending with Gen Urobuchi's writing huh?
And yet you still made him your thread title and don't blame the current staff who made that shit ending.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 29, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
i always thought the production studio(A1) sabotaged his idea regarding this project, hence he left this "Olympus Knights" team after 3 eps, albeit with an unpleasant note.

Mar 29, 2015 3:51 PM
May 2011
Although it's obvious Gen wasn't penning the script past episode 3, I've heard variously that he either had next-to-no involvement with the series after that, or was still a member of the production committee with significant influence. Honestly, I don't think his previous works are good enough to convince me he had nothing to do with this cock-up.
May 25, 2015 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
The same happened to me, because it wasn't until I had finished the series that I knew Urobuchi didn't write the whole thing. Given the setting and the no-one-dies element, this series reminded me a lot more of Gargantia (especially Slaine) than of Psycho-Pass or Madoka. It didn't help that I listened to the OST before watching even one episode, I fell for it completely (BTW I still listen to the Guilty Crown OST despite how meh I feel about the series XD).
I don't know how I would've rated this series had I not known Urobuchi was involved (I'm not too much into mecha series BTW), but I would have probably enjoyed it a little more without the constant thoughts of "nobody important's dying in an Urobuchi's work". Of course deaths are not a requirement for a series to be enjoyable or good, but the barrage of asspulls was too much, the death flags were everywhere. Also, at first I liked Inaho's character, not a fighter but cool-headed and clever, like Armin or Kurapika without the emo or angry side, but then they turned him into Kirito 2.0 ._. OPness incarnate
I'm glad that I marathoned both seasons after they ended, I would've been totally pissed if I had been following this weekly.
kchorrex2012May 25, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
finally somebody who has the same experience as me.

the first three episodes was so awesome and i love everything about it! me and my boyfriend keep saying hellyeah this is the best anime this season!! But then after watching episode 4 my boyfriend said.... "Errrr.... that was.. cringeworthy", and then episode 5 was "meh", and then after episode 6 he was like, "That was dumb! i'm not watching it anymore!", me, at that time, completely believing in urobuchi even though i feel the same way about the series as him, keep watching the series being optimistic and all thinking "hey maybe all the bad episodes are just a transition into something greater!".

and then....

I watch the series til the end.... and i feel some part of me died... i feel so impure and pathetic... and i hate urobuchi since that time.....

Until came the time when i learned that Urobuchi only wrote the three first episode i finally be able to enjoy my life again and believe that God is still there for us all.

Thankyou God :)
Jul 21, 2015 8:47 PM

Oct 2007
Am I the only one that didn't think the first 3 episodes were anything special so much as pretty standard Gundam style setup for a show...maybe even a little below average on that front since the characters were so bland? Granted I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone that has watched a ton of mecha anime and not someone who watched this because it had Urobuchi's name on the label so I clearly have a very different perspective here.

I still get the sense that the only reason people hail the first 3 episodes as some sort of triumph of the genre are ones that have never seen a mecha series before and are huge Urobuchi fans. Like if he had written the first 2 or first 4 instead I could easily see people making the adjustments even if the content stayed identical. I mean crap I didn't even really find the 4th or 5th episode all that particularly different from what I saw from the first 3 and don't remember people saying they were particularly bad either back when they aired, probably because people didn't know yet that Urobuchi didn't write them in order to make the reaction adjustments like they do now.
PeacingOutJul 21, 2015 8:56 PM
May 30, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2015
TL;DR

I love the series as a whole. Period
This salad is salty favored
May 31, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
Isn't it odd that the first 3 episodes aka 3/5 of the episodes he wrote, were the best ones? Most of the episodes afterward made a steady but sure decline in quality until the end. Also, it was due to disagreements about character relationships between A-1 Pictures, and Gen Urobuchi, and thanks to that, NOBODY falls in love in this show! Besides, episodes 1-3 were an 8 at best anyway, and apparently, it stole form Mobile Suit Gundam's setup.

Then came season 2...

He didn't even have anything to do with that one, but even though I give it a low 6, the story is so...so bad... Episode 1 alone has enough plot holes to put a VERS landing castle in.

In short, Fate/Zero is a better Gen Urobuchi work by a mile.
Jun 4, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 2012
I actually really love Aldnoah;Zero even if I can't give it a high rating. I really enjoyed the characters minus Ass-hime.
Jun 4, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2009
aside from the NTR or bad romance, i really enjoyed Aldnoah.Zero

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.