Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 2, 2015 4:02 AM

Feb 2010
It was a fun ride, I'm probably more tolerant on the animation part now. (not that I'm paying any yet lol)
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
I thought the whole series was alright for the first 22 episodes and then came the last 2 episodes which were amazing. I loved the characters and the girls are all so cute I can't stop staring at their faces :3
Apr 3, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
Nanashi- said:
great final episode. Too many awesome scenes to mention all of them >.>

Really want more of this :( Maybe the talk between Watanabe and Katsuragi hinted at season 2? Probably not but I still hope for it D:

I took that as a bit of a hint. imo this show has huge potential and could go on for much longer. They all did their parts, but it would be cool to see them really make names for themselves in the industry. Especially zuka as she only had her part in the second last episode.

I'm sad it's over :'( The scene where Aoi was crying and Zuka was recording moved me to tears :D

Really great show, start to finish. Can't believe it was 6 months ago that i started watching it :S
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 3, 2015 6:40 PM

Jul 2011
It's funny how an anime about making anime turns out to be one of the most well-made anime that I've ever seen. This show had everything: music, animation, plot, character development, emotional pulses, intersecting subplots, pacing, and uncanny attention to detail. My expectations were absolutely shattered. Right now, Shirobako is my anime of the year for sure (in fact, it might be my anime of the decade so far).

I'll miss this one.

10/10
Apr 4, 2015 11:55 PM
Oct 2012
9/10. solid show from P.A Works
I got attached enough to the anime until I didn't skip both opening songs.
Would give 10/10 if not because of the exaggerated comedy scenes though

After watching this show kinda felt bad about saying some studios like shit *cough DEEN*
Apr 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2013
9/10
bakuman and shirobako, what u guys choose? i think making anime is harder than manga...

nvm, they are awesome >///<

season 2 plzzzzzzz
Apr 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Anrakutei said:
9/10
bakuman and shirobako, what u guys choose? i think making anime is harder than manga...

nvm, they are awesome >///<

season 2 plzzzzzzz

both are awesome!!!
Apr 5, 2015 2:52 PM
Apr 2014
s2 of shirobako should be split into three 8-episode blocks

one about aoi and ema

another abt rii-chan and cgi-chan

and the last one about zuka
Apr 6, 2015 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
And thus one of the best shows of the last two seasons comes to an end... I like how the main group all united in the last few minutes. Also, I find it ironic how this episode was the one that was delayed... The fact that all of the police knew Okitsu is something impressive, I would have liked to see that explored a bit more.

I loved this series. I loved it a lot. It was interesting, entertaining, informal, and surprisingly touching. It hit nearly everything I look for in an anime, and like many others, I'm definitely going to miss this one. The character designs were gorgeous as well. I don't really have any complaints about this one at all, and I might actually end up buying it when it gets released.

I give it a 9.5/10

Now to wait for the second OVA...
Apr 7, 2015 3:05 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished the last episode of Shirobako!
GenManager of Musashino, Yuka Okitsu is so serious she didn't even flinch when the president said scramble!
So Tweens are like frame correction in-between...hmmm 10,000 tweens are a lot!
Team Emmachi including Kunogi are going out for a cow reference!
Why does Endou-san seemed to be surprised the moment he saw Segawa-san working beside him like neighbors???
Damn kunogi, you need to work-out your conversational skills...wut!? "Windspeedishowfast?"
Andou is so amateurish slow in adding peg holes, but Tarou san seems to be confident but Yano still isn't satisfied with Tarou's work and need redo!...which is not really the case of Hiraoka...he seems to be an expert! look at how fast his does his work!
Oh look Hiraoka is being useful! and cooperating with the Team!
LOLed at Kunogi, looks like that cow liked her and pulled her!
D'aaawwww Ema is also crying on the VA of Lucy!
Yamaguchi is a pro on the sound editing dept!
Kunogi did a great job on that cow cut! and praised by Kantoku and others.
Delivery day was very stressful and hectic! each of them has different destinations, it was like a race of time! Katsuragi-san for Kobe TV4, idontknowwhotheotheroneis for Hokkaido, Yano for Niigata, TV Sado, Miyamori for Hiroshima (MBS?), and Nabe-P will handle three! Tokyo NX (MX), Odawara TV, and Nanbo Channel...and oh! for TV Kami-Kouchi is already prepared...their wild card! Okitsu-san!
Okitsu-san is on hot-pursuit by 7 police cars! That was badass driving!
Kasuragi-san speaking in front of the whole party with broken glasses! haha!
Okitsu-san is so gorgeous! She's quite pretty in her dress!
Miyamori is the Ace and speaks in front of everyone giving thanks to all! Kanpai all (that part BGM was also great)
The one that made me laugh (while the ED2 music plays) is those three VA clients especially the one who minds all boobs any physical proportions!
And second that also made me laugh is Chazawa!...he is now only a photographer! bwahahaha ...serves you right!
That Epilogue was very satisfying! All five of them are all together with their dreams coming true.

It was a very great ride SHIROBAKO! 10/10.

Apr 8, 2015 2:25 PM
May 2012
Well, that was a really satisfying ending to a really good show. Good job again since Nagi no Asukara, P.A. Works :D
I really love the big cast (I freaking love big casts). I really love the girls. I really like Miyamori's imaginary friends ahahaha. I really enjoyed this Anime <3 It really is informative, and I like that.
I like the characters, the atmosphere, the animation, the character designs, the music, the voice acting.....everything, man~ I want a season 2 with the girls making their Seven Lucky Warriors. Thank you ^^ Time for me to sleep now.
Apr 10, 2015 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
Decent. Dunno how to rate it. Either 6 or 7?

Episode 23 was the only episode I really loved other than the one about seiyuu choosing.
Apr 13, 2015 12:23 AM

May 2013
I really feel like crying. That was freaking fun. 9/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 13, 2015 6:10 PM

Jan 2009
nice ending, great anime overall so 9/10, if only the animation stays consistent it would have been perfect for me but ye some of the episodes like episode 6 might have been rushed or outsource to another studio like the anime says lol
Apr 14, 2015 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Awesome delivery ! :D

Okitsu Yuka looks great without hidden eye ! poor officers..

Great show ! 9/10
Apr 16, 2015 8:33 AM

Jan 2012
And so our story ends, and what a ride it was. But for our 5 girls, and all those involved in anime production, the dream goes on. As a summation of everything that came before it I thought Aoi's toast worked wonderfully. Having watched this immediately after the previous episode and Zuka's scenes in it I was already pretty emotionally drained. That this finale stilled managed to emotionally resonate with me as strongly as it did, I think anyway, serves as a testament to just how fantastic this series was.

I remember back in the early days for this series the most frequent criticism of it I'd read around the web was how inaccurately, or maybe unrealistically, it portrayed anime production. I consider myself a novice at best on that subject, even after having watched this. Regardless of how accurate this was however, it remained entertaining throughout. The characters grew with the story, and most were likable enough to root on as they did. My favorite character was Zuka, and fairly early on I suspected she'd be the token, "butt monkey," only being rewarded for her perseverance at the very end. And I never really lost faith that she'd be rewarded, but part of me still bemoaned that this was to be her role in the story. I wanted her to succeed much earlier than she did, but I think, ultimately, this route was most satisfying afterall. That last portion of episode 23 was definitely my favorite scene of the entire series, and I think the extended buildup worked splendidly. That we got to see her working in another anime so quickly this episode, something I hoped but feared we wouldn't see, was the cherry on top, or icing on the cake if you prefer. :D

Looking back this series was so dense, thanks in no small part to that enormous cast. We got such great visual sequences too though, like that look into Andes Chucky, and all the fantasy sequences surrounding Aoi and the director. Comedy worked and was also prevalent throughout. I'm just left thoroughly satisfied and charmed by this series. At the same time I'd love more if it was ever offered. 9/10
Apr 22, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2011
A great ending for a great anime. A refreshing anime who demonstrates that is an audience for a more serious and realistic anime, we need more like that. Definitely the best anime of P.A. Works. I love every piece of it from the Initial D driving to the anime studios references.

10/10 episode.
9/10 anime.
Also shirobako takes place in an alternative universe when Sega didn't mess it up and they released the Dreamcast 4.
TsuiIzumiApr 22, 2015 3:01 PM
Apr 25, 2015 5:52 PM

Sep 2013
Really solid anime, glad I decided to watch it.
Apr 30, 2015 6:46 AM
Aug 2007
Amazing anime. Slightly slow start where it had so many characters being introduced.

The character development and the story was excellent. I'm glad they all managed to end up working on the same project and it was a great way to end this first season (hope there is a second one!).

A shout-out to Tarou as well, even though he wouldn't ever work in real life, he provided great comic relief throughout the show and even helped make Haraoka into a decent character.

10/10
Apr 30, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2012
Sweet ending I must say, quite liked this whole anime as it really made a nice view on how the anime industry is even though it was a bit slow on some episodes it still was rather lovely to experience! 7/10
May 2, 2015 9:25 PM

Sep 2014
Excellent job P.A Works. Hopefully the second season comes through, I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to make it four cours overall and it seems to be selling all right so might happen.
May 3, 2015 3:57 AM

Dec 2012
I thought the last episode was wild, but this one just upped the insanity. Okitsu played the femme fatale look perfectly during her police chase. Everything wrapped up nicely with the party and the realization that the five girls got to work together, even if it wasn't on The Lucky Seven Battle Gods, left me satisfied with the end result. Just a complete lol @ Two Piece.

Despite all of the anime I've seen, I've never stopped to understand the process of actually making it. Shirobako lent some much appreciated insight into the various steps and, although it was more of a crash course, has made me respect the studios and staff that work so hard to put what I'm passionate about watching together.

I have a habit of stopping to look up seiyuu that I recognize to see their other roles. Thanks to Shirobako, I'm now going to be stopping in between episodes to look up various staff members as well. It really feels like a plethora of new doors have been unlocked and I'm never going to be able to watch anime the same way again. With each show I watch now, I'm constantly thinking about the various hard work that goes into seemingly simple aspects that are taken for granted (especially cloudy skies!).

The anime industry is surprisingly relatable to the experiences I've had with film and theatre, depending on a wide array of roles and positions to do their part and communicate clearly with one another in order to turn their separate pieces of the puzzle into the big picture.

In addition to gaining more knowledge on the industry, I thoroughly enjoyed the adult tailored slice of life that came along with it. Many of the characters' experiences struck chords with my own life, particularly Shizuka, Aoi, and Hiraoka. But not Tarou. No, definitely not Tarou...Aaaanyway, I really enjoyed watching the growth and development of each of the five main girls. It was very gradual, organic, and inspiring. The whole cast was solid and lovable. Kinoshita and Tarou had me busting a gut from all of the laughter. Kunogi and Ema just had me doting over their cuteness. Aoi and Midori proved themselves as extremely reliable components of Musani. I want to go on and on.

As a whole I feel that Shirobako was about a group of people who were passionate about what they did and took pride in bringing it all together.

8/10, I noticed the OVA and actually welcome full fledged TV series based on Exodus and Third Aerial Girls Squad if they ever want to rise to the challenge. Oh and Andes Chucky of course!
May 7, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2010
I'm going to miss the anime (growing) studio
This was truly a tribute to the anime history, industry and it's current state/trend
It wasn't only about the sugar and stickness, but also critizes the culture around

I would love to see more of it, since they are going to do Two Piece and more
May 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
I demand a second season! xD

Really great show in all aspect (Animation, Story, etc)
May 10, 2015 11:02 PM
May 2011
HAHAHAAHAHAHA. At the end, their new project is Two Piece, a story about bandits. HAHAHAHAHAHAA
May 15, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
What an awesome anime series!!!!!!!! Awesome ending, 9/10.
May 17, 2015 3:25 AM
May 2012
Simply perfect is what I would describe this anime overall. Thank you very much P.A. Works for another great anime.

10/10
May 22, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
This show was good
but IMO, this will be better if it is in live action format
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 23, 2015 4:52 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good show. Felt a bit like a documentary at times, and the main characters besides Miyamori could've gotten more development (especially Zuka and Mii), but overall I liked it. 8/10 from me.
May 24, 2015 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
One of the better recent anime I've had the pleasure to watch.

Best of the year for me.
Jun 23, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
How sad to see end this anime! This TV series, and he has so much potential, it could continue with another season of the same length given the arguments and the many characters in the cast, not only the main; all enough characterized and therefore ready to make the leap. Perhaps the CG animations are not the best, but we are not in front of a movie. Appreciable evolution of Zuka-chan who still remains engaged in small parts, other instead are growing a lot, and one that has proved most is Ema. I love this series too, has many strengths and few flaws, it is difficult to divide when you find an anime-like, it leaves a scar on the heart and fond memories in the mind. So handsome, I hope do a second season that is better than this, making it become a must Japanese animation.

I will be biased, but I really liked the part where Okitsu to reach the TV studio used it as a car, an Alfa Romeo Giulietta, I was in awe.

My vote now is 8/10.
Jun 27, 2015 5:12 AM
Dec 2014
Great finale! It was a wonderful ride. One of the shows I will surely rewatch in the future. But it sucks seeing this show didn't get enough attention, it absolutely deserves more recognition.
Jun 27, 2015 10:40 AM

Oct 2012
Aaah, what a satisfying ending! I haven't seen such for long time in anime lately. And now that it's over I'll certainly miss this anime... would be glad for season 2 but I'm not so sure this series really needs it, it would be best if they leave it great.

So many highlights in this episode! Superb black-and-white animation of Lucy's running has to be the number one, whoever did that has tons of talent! And even tape delivery was made in action style! Not to mention the ending party had very nostalgic and heartwarming feeling.

Great series. Certainly, there were some highs and lows along the way (mainly during its first half) but otherwise it was pretty solid watch with many memorable moments. They portrayed the process of making anime pretty well.

8/10 Thank you, P.A.Works, it was helluva ride!
(and now to recommend this series to all my friends! :D)
Jul 1, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2009
What a ride! Gonna miss it.

Such a fantastic anime, really makes you appreciate the effort put into anime and for me; makes me think of what I am doing with my life, seeing all these people put so much effort into their work and moving forward.

Brilliant cast, loved every single one of them.

A second season wouldn't make much sense for something like this, but I would love to see a special or OVA about the girls' future.

9/10
Jul 7, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good series. The episodes about 2D vs 3D where the most moving for me. The funny thing is that both the anime they worked on looked pretty bad XD. Anyway 7/10

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
At first i didn't know what to expect but now i'm so glad i decided to watch this anime ^^
10/10 would watch again!
~_~ !
Jul 18, 2015 9:54 PM

Nov 2014
I loved the ending. The five girls are together again.

Two piece LOL
Hi there
Jul 22, 2015 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
Certainly not as good as people made it out to be. It wasn't bad but it sure wasn't a "masterpiece" or a "classic." Was hoping for it to be as entertaining as Bakuman but it didn't deliver. It was pretty informative though so that's a plus.
Jul 28, 2015 7:18 AM

Oct 2012
I can't believe for not picking this on my CW line up for a long time.

Aug 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
Lovely anime.
I really liked the characters, the sound, the art, the story, etc.

10/10. Insta fav.
Aug 15, 2015 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
What a wonderful story. I had high expectations coming in and wasn't disappointed. The entire cast was lovable (except the editor) which is quite rare for me. Series ends on a climactic last episode which was awesome.

All 5 girls achieved their dream of being part of an anime project together. :') So much feels

9/10
ninja88880Aug 15, 2015 10:33 PM
Aug 22, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing anime! I really didn't exptect that I was going to love it so much!

That Nichijou reference... *_*
Aug 24, 2015 4:05 AM

Apr 2014
I need more.. (╥_╥)
Aug 31, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
MAN I teared up. Couldn't help it. It's just so amazing how much effort and time and people go into making anime. It was so great to see all the hard work and stressful days pay off :') I got an empty feeling when the ED song played and it showed the after party and everyone that we as viewers formed a bond with.

Anime is great guys, anime is great.

I never want to forget Shirobako!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
-Katsu-kun- said:
I need more.. (╥_╥)

sigh I need more, too. But then I think this is a satisfying enough ending, unless they can manage a season of the girls making their anime...

dammit, I feel so sad now when I realize the small possibility for it happening :((((
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2015 12:12 AM

Jun 2009
damn this was a good final episode. damn this was a good series, season 2 when? (probably never ;_;)
Sep 21, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
I really loved that anime...
and I want next season of shirobako:D
Sep 21, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2013
I really want its next season.
anyone out there that thinks same?
Sep 26, 2015 5:46 AM

Aug 2009
htsuji said:
Hello, Kunogi. What are you looking at?

And apparently, Hiraoka seems to have made up with Diesel-San.

Even Chazawa the funny (former) editor for Nogame is there.

It seems he isn't allowed to eat or drink around there but that is what it should be.

lol didn't even notice chazawa

knew okitsu was badass but damn, dem driving skillz and even acquainted with cops lol

great ending, nice speech from aoi

good to see everyone gathered for the last time (thanks for doing zuka justice)

there is potential and i'll patiently wait for s2

9/10
Sep 26, 2015 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
Really liked this anime. Aoi's speech at the end was so moving.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.